I Know You're Trouble (3/3)

Our Notebook

“I believe there must be something happened.” Yuri tried to explained, standing feet away from the sitting Yoona “she is always reasonable.” She said again “there must be something to explain why she did that to you.”

“Yoona,” Yuri said tiredly “I wish you won’t report this to the headmaster. I will try to talk it out with her.” she added “please..”

Yoona sits still on the floor, wrapping her arms around her bended legs, her eyes slowly meet Yuri’s desperate one “I won’t.” she whispered.

“Thank you.” Yuri spoke “but I promise, I will talk to her.” she added “I will find out why she did that, and why--..”

“I know.” Yoona cut, speaking just as softly, making Yuri stop in her track, eyes darting to Yoona whose eyes now are staring into the floor.

“Hmm?” Yuri eyed the girl questioned “what do you mean?” Yuri squatted in front of Yoona.

“She is helping me.” Yoona replied, barely heard that Yuri decided to sit.

“What does it supposed to mean?”

Yoona finally lifted her head, facing the curious Yuri “I hurt her.” she said “and all she did was helping me.”

“Yoona--..”

“Yuri, I always thought that you are cool.” Yoona cut “that is why,” she paused “every time my friends ask me if I have someone I like,” she mumbled “I said your name.”

Yuri fell silent, she needs more than that.

“It saved me from their repeated question about my crush,” Yoona continued “as well as saying another name which is not as popular as you.”

“It started few months ago where I accidentally met Sooyoung.” Yoona spoke softly, a small smile appear on her face by the single name “and for the first time in my life..” she said “my heart fluttered.”

“I have no such thought about it at first.” Yoona said “but day by day, I figure out that I enjoyed being around her too much, to the point that,” Yoona’s face blushed as she glanced at Yuri’s “I wish, I could spent time only with her. only us.”

“Sorry about that.” Yoona quickly added “I don’t mean to take your bestfriend away from you.” she said “but because this is the first time ever, I--..” Yoona trailed, her blush deepened “..I am falling in love..” she shyly admitted “I just found out that I get jealous easily, so.. I don’t really like the feeling I got when you are touching her like that.”

Yuri chuckled lightly “I figure it out.” She spoke softly, answering Yoona’s surprise, Yuri added “instead of treating me like a friend like how you told me you were going to,” she spoke “you treated me more like a rival.”

Yuri escaped another chuckle “most of the time, when we have lunch together, you complained because I sit so close to Sooyoung, and ask her if you could do the same.” She said “another time, instead of just eating the food I brought for us, you brought even more than I did.” She smiled “trust me, that’s not all.”

Yoona cleared “sorry.”

“That’s okay.” Yuri nodded with her smile still.

“And.. few days ago,” Yoona continued the story “…she..” Yoona bit her lower lip, shyly avoiding Yuri’s curious eyes, glancing before she spoke swiftly “she kissed me.” it enough to turn Yoona’s face bright red.

“And I guessed you kissed her back?” Yuri teased.

“I was really going to.” Yoona frowned “I swear I was about to.” Mumbling, her voice turns soft “if only she didn’t pull back so fast.”

Yuri giggled “you both are seriously so cute.”

Swallowing her embarrassment, Yoona continued “she confessed, and asking me if it was possible for us to be more than friends.” Yoona said “and before I answered, she left.”

Yuri nodded, encourage Yoona to go on with the story.

“She.. accidentally hear my conversation with my friends.” Yoona said “where my friends thought that I was only using her to get close to you.” Yoona sighed “and then, that’s where she started avoiding me.”

“I know most of it was my fault.” Yoona spoke “I was dealing with my feeling, and I never take time to explain it to them.”

“Then, how about now?”

Yoona glanced at Yuri before she said “well, I have been crying a lot since Sooyoung is avoiding me.” she said “so, I guess they were already figure it out.”

Yuri took a long breath in between their silence before she spoke “..you know, Sooyoung never talk about a friend before.” she said “but ever since the start of this semester, she said there is one girl in her class, the only girl who will greet her or just smile to her despite all the bad things she must already heard.”

Yuri wore a teasing smile by the visible blush on Yoona’s cheek “wanna take a guess?”

“Umm.. I—I.. er…”

Yuri giggled by Yoona’s stuttered “she said it was nice to know that someone has acknowledge her presence when there are a lot of other people who would like to have her eyes.” she added.

“Which is why,” Yuri paused “she was so surprised to see you months ago in the back garden.”

“She told me, she was ready to run, if only it didn’t cross her mind..” Yuri stopped, manage to gave another teasing smile by Yoona’s awkward gesture “that how would it feel.. to spent just 15 minutes with you.”

“Oh right,” Yuri gave another devilish smile “I think, I just blurted out the secret.”

“And for the return..” Yuri spoke gently “she got another day with you, and another, and another.”

“She asked me if it was to greedy for her if she wants to spent more of her days with you.” Yuri said “now that you are as desperate,” her left brow raised “I think you would love to do so, aren’t you?”

And of course, Yoona need to bite her lower lip from yelling her yes.

“So, is there anything else you want to know about?”

“..about you..” Yoona is staring in doubt as her eyes meet Yuri’s “I have always had this feeling.. that you..” Yoona swallowed “don’t be mad if I got it wrong.” She added quickly.

“Go on.” Yuri only smiled.

“The reason why I got easily jealous when it comes to you with Sooyoung.” Yoona said “..your gesture.. Yuri.. do you.. do you love Sooyoung?”

“Will it make any difference to you whatever my answer is?”

“No—no!” Yoona swiftly replied “I—I mean..”

Yuri giggled “then, don’t think about it.” she said “if there is one thing you want to know about Sooyoung’s feeling towards me, it was that for her, I am her bestfriend, sister, and family. Nothing more.”

Yoona is still staring in doubt, but all Yuri gave is that mysterious smile.

But she doesn’t need to worry, right?

“..Umm.. okay.” Yoona nodded “and, oh right!” Yoona quickly added “about Sooyoung’s bruises.. do you know what happened to her?”

“Hmm.. Sooyoung is living with her grandma.” Yuri answered “and they owned a small noodle shop,” she added “once in a while, there are this bunch of bad guys who came and asking for money.” She said “you know, usually Sooyoung will gave them just a little to get them away, which they always did.”

“But the last time they came, they accidentally pushed Sooyoung’s grandma and she fall with her back on the edge of the wooden chair.” Yuri paused “actually, she is okay, just a purplish mark on her back, which grandma said it was okay.”

“But it angered Sooyoung to where I could never even saw before.” Yuri sighed “she knocked four of them, with a piece of wood, and in exchange, she got the bruises.”

“..hmm..” Yoona nodded lightly “can you—can you tell me where she is living?”

Yuri chuckled “I guess I am going to deal with her later, but then, it will be cute to see her frowning and pouting. And sulking to me.”

Yoona held back with all her might, no, of course this girl is testing her jealousy again.

And instead of replying, Yoona gave Yuri a piece of paper and a pen, waiting as the girl scribbling something on it.

“Thank you!” Yoona bowed gratefully, quickly bidding her goodbye before she dashed out from the room, running to the left, immediately to where it could get her out from the school the fastest, not even realizing a figure who is leaning her back on the wall by the other side of the door.

Yuri chuckled to herself, before she walked out as well, unlike Yoona who has no time to put much effort on her surrounding, Yuri stopped by the door step as she immediately acknowledge the figure.

“I—I don’t mean to eavesdrop!” She quickly explained.

Yuri chuckled “I don’t even mind if you do.”

Her face turned red, swallowing she said “so-sorry..”

“..hmm.. in exchange, how about a drink with me?” Yuri asked.

“Huh?” the girl stared at her dumbfounded.

“I don’t feel like joining the dinner party. I bet Hyoyeon wasn’t there either.” Yuri spoke “besides, I just got my heart broken, so I would like to have a company?” she said with a smile “what do you say Tiffany?”

Tiffany’s face flushed redder “..I—I..”

“Well, of course I will understand if you already have a date.”

“No—No!!”

Yuri giggled “great, do I get a yes?”

Tiffany nodded shyly.

Yuri escaped another chuckles “then, wait for a while, I will just take a quick shower.” She said, earning light nods from the girl.

Well, this is a date, isn’t it?

-----

 

Yoona is standing in front of the house, a small traditional house. It was not that hard to find the noodle shop. It was the only noodle shop around the neighborhood.

Yoona’s heart filled with anxious, peeking slightly not to far from the house, Yoona could see a tall familiar girl is cleaning one of the table after the costumers left.

Daring herself, Yoona walked closer, stopping right in front of the noodle shop.

“Good evening, can I--..”

Sooyoung’s words stopped, frozen right immediately, and her expression sure is priceless.

Yoona gave a sweet smile.

“Hey.”

But Sooyoung’s expression turned darker “you shouldn’t be here.”

Yoona frowned “I want to eat.” She reasoned.

“You could find another place to eat.”

“I want to eat here.”

“You should--..”

“Sooyoung--,” an old lady walked out from the inside of the house “oh, good evening miss.” She greeted by the sight of Yoona “are you here to eat?”

“Yes, grandma.” Yoona smiled, swiftly walking inside, sitting on one of the seat “I am Sooyoung’s friend.”

“Ah, really?” the old lady beamed in wide smile “Sooyoung has never brought any friend here aside from Yuri.” She chuckled “not that I don’t like the kid, I love her, she is sweet.” Sooyoung’s grandma said “but I would love to have Sooyoung’s other friends here too.”

Yoona giggled by Sooyoung’s grandma friendliness, glancing over to the stiffen Sooyoung, before Yoona turned back to the old lady.

“Wait here, I will make you the best noodle here.”

“Grandma,” Sooyoung protested right away “why did you come out from bed?” she whined “you should rest inside.”

“I am okay, Soo.” The old lady said “aigo, what a sweet possessive kid you are.”

“Just sit there.” Sooyoung sighed “I will make the noodle.”

Without waiting another reply, Sooyoung get inside the sliding wooden door, leaving her grandma with Yoona.

Sooyoung’s grandma only smiled by her granddaughter’s sweet gesture, seeing the old lady still up, smiling along, Yoona quickly offered “please take a seat grandma.”

“Ah, thank you.” the old lady sits, turned to face Yoona “she is such a sweet kid, isn’t she?”

Yoona’s smiled widened, eyes darted on the door where Sooyoung disappeared from “sure she is.” she mumbled.

“I never know Sooyoung has other friend aside from Yuri,” the old lady spoke “even if she is not a bad kid, I know she is just not that open towards people.”

“She is not.” Yoona replied “if I didn’t meet her accidentally, I might never know that she is such a sweet and kind girl.” Yoona spoke “not everybody will spent time to fed wild cats.”

“Yeah.” The old lady chuckled “she has her lunch money to buy tuna cans, no matter how many times Yuri and I scolded her.”

Yoona stunned silently, nodded “ah, is that why Yuri always buys her lunch?”

“Hmm,” this time, the old lady nodded “Yuri is such a sweet girl too.”

And instead of answering, Yoona hummed. Not that she hates Sooyoung’s grandma compliments toward the brunette’s bestfriend. But she gets a little bit jealous.

“..is she..” Yoona doubtfully asked “I mean, she and Yuri.. umm…” paused, Yoona swallowed. How to say it again?

The old lady chuckled softly “there are only three reason why someone ask that kind of question,” she said in a hint of joke “one, you are purely curious. Second, you like Yuri. And third, it’s my granddaughter.” She escaped another chuckles “and seeing you here instead of Yuri’s,” she added “so, I take it that you like my granddaughter?”

Yoona’s face blushed, keeping herself quiet before she embarrassed herself once again.

“Aigo, I am so happy.” Sooyoung’s grandma said, lightly laughing “it is nice to know someone cares for her and even make effort to come here.” she said “I was worried over her a lot.” She continued “she cares for people to much than to herself.”

Yoona’s nodded lightly, keeping a shy smile.

“I hope in the future you can come here often.”

Yoona’s smiled widened, it was an approval from Sooyoung’s grandma, right?

Yes, it must be.

Yoona continued her conversation with the lady quite for some time. Sooyoung’s granma is such a nice person and warm.

And Yoona took the opportunity to ask more about the girl, the girl who is occupying her heart fully.

Sooyoung came a little after with a bowl of hot noodle.

Yoona gave her sweetest smile ever time her eyes catch Sooyoung’s.

If falling in love with this girl could feel this sweet, Yoona wished to find her sooner..

-----

 

And again, for another morning, Yoona presented herself in front of Sooyoung’s house.

Sooyoung glanced just after a step out from the door.

“Morning.” Yoona smiled sweetly.

“Morning.” Sooyoung mumbled quietly, pretty much accustomed to the presence of the girl after like more than three weeks seeing her there for every mornings, until late at night.

Yoona usually even helped her and her grandma with the noddle house.

They are going to the graduation, and as usual, like how Yoona started it weeks ago, she is walking to school with Sooyoung, whatever the girl like it or not.

“You look beautiful.” Yoona wore a sweet teasing smile, immediately earning blushing from the girl.

“I—I am usually li-like this.” Sooyoung stuttered, walking ahead, not even sparing another glace “..and—and it is ju-just uniform.”

Yoona giggles, enjoying the way her words affected the girl easily, suddenly grabbing Sooyoung’s hand, making the blushing girl to face her, she said “but I just want you to know. You are always beautiful. I wish you are mine.”

Sooyoung’s face reddened, quickly pulling her hand from Yoona’s, she fastened her pace, lost of words.

Yoona giggled silently, meeting Sooyoung’s steps, slipping her hand back on Sooyoung’s, interwined their fingers “you are mine.” She whispered with a smile “definitely will be mine only.”

Yoona’s words are leaving Sooyoung to deal with her blushing for their entire trip.

 

They arrived at school around 20 minutes of walk.

Standing by the gate are Yuri, Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Seohyun already.

“Hey.” they exchange greetings and smiles before they walked inside the school to the big hall.

The ceremony lasted longer than they thought that it got hyoyeon whined almost the entire of the last one hour. But there is time for the 15 minutes where Hyoyeon is grinning ear to ear while watching her sweet girlfriend doing her speech, to represent the stundents.

Each of them is holding the silinder where their graduation paper safely placed.

And with the final statement from the headmaster, and gratitude to end the ceremony, students won’t even wait to scatter out around the school, taking pictures with their bestfriend here and there.

Their last memories.

And one of the circles around the school yard is one that consist the six girls, six familiar girls.

They are in the middle of taking photos, taking turn to capture their moment, before a group of three girls are walking to their spot closer and closer.

“..umm..” the one in the middle hesitated, with the other two elbowed the one in the middle, encouraging to finish her word “..Soo-sooyoung-shi, ca-can we talk?”

Sooyoung’s brows creased “me?”

“Umm” the girl biting her lower lip nervously, nodding furiously.

Giving a small smile, Sooyoung said “sure.”

“Thi-this wa-way.” The girl stuttered, walking ahead and letting Sooyoung followed.

Among the five girl who are doing nothing more than watching, there is one who seems a lot more than pissed already.

Yuri glanced on the stiff Yoona, wearing a small smile while shaking her head. It doesn’t need a geniues to know what the girl wants, and for the two as popular like Yoona and Yuri, they are clearly aware the meaning behind the girl’s nervousness, blushing, stuttering, and the private talk.

Yoona sighed, before she turned to the other four “I am leaving,” she informed “and if in 20 minutes I am not back, please find me before I did something I could regret.” With that, Yoona followed the way Sooyoung took earlier, leaving the four girls giggling and laughing by Yoona’s remark.

 

And in one side of the building, the quiet one, standing two girls with the one sweating in nervousness, and the other smiling innocently, so oblivious.

The other two girls must be waiting somewhere from disturbing their bestfriend important moment.

“..um-umm..” the girl nervously swallowed “my-my name is Jiyeon.” She said “..and—and.. i—i.. have been watching you quite a time already..” she said, biting her lower lip “and—and Sooyoung-shi… I—I like you!! really a lot!! Can you please be my girlfriend?” she said, tone a little bit higher by her anxiousness.

A smile from Sooyoung’s face disappeared “me? why? I am not even a good person.” She frowned.

“You—you are a good person!” the girl said half yelled, before she realized in emberassment “so-sorry… bu—but, Sooyoung-shi.. can—can you at least give me a chance?” she asked hopefully.

Sooyoung took a deep breath. Not that she doesn’t want to. But there is someone already owned her heart, someone that’s not her girlfriend yet.

Sooyoung took a step closer, wrapping her arms around the girl’s shoulder “sorry..” she said sincerely “not that I don’t want to, but someone owned my heart already.” She said honestly.

The girl sobbed quietly, and Sooyoung tightened her arms a little bit to comfort the girl.

After a while when the girl calmed down, Sooyoung pulled, giving the sweetest smile she could “thank you, I am so happy to know that there is someone who like me.”

The girl smiled along, nodded.

“I am happy..” Sooyoung grinned.

“Thank you, you will be my most beautiful first love ever.” The girl said, leaning closer, and swiftly placing a peck on Sooyoung’s cheek. With a shy smile she said “Sooyoung-shi, goodbye.”

The girl half running, with Sooyoung’s eyes followed the girl, but there she is, standing not to far from them is a pissed looking Yoona.

Yoona glared at the girl as the girl passed by her, before she shots another sharp one on Sooyoung, taking steps closer for every step Sooyoung takes further.

Sooyoung gulped, when her back hit the wall. She is trapped.

Yoona is standing right in front of her, and Sooyoung’s eyes start avoiding the girl.

“..they mu-must be wait--..” Sooyoung nervously intended to walk passed by Yoona, but the girl quickly hold her arms, forcing Sooyoung to stand still.

Heaving a sigh in defeted, Sooyoung stayed still.

Yoona has her hands each by Sooyoung’s side, trapping the tall girl in between.

In silence, Yoona inched her face closer to Sooyoung while the other girl is still trying hard not to meet the sharp gaze “..how could you let someone kiss you that easily?”

Sooyoung frowned “I was taken aback!” she defended “be-besides, what’s wro-wrong with it. we—we are not in a relationship.”

“True.” Yoona voiced calmed yet threatening “but with all that kisses we had for every opportunity we had, my countless confessions, walking together to school and back home again, spending almost every day at your home, trying hard to get your grandma to like me, helping you with work, and all that things I do for you..” Yoona paused “by now, shouldn’t you already figure out that I am courting you, Choi Sooyoung.”

“..a-are you?” Sooyoung bit her lower lip “I—I thought it was Yuri.”

Moving closer until her lips brushing Sooyoung’s cheek to earlobe, Yoona whispered “I thought we were past that already.”

Their body glued to where no gap left, their heart pounded through their chest to where they swear they could hear and feel each other’s.

“Yoo-Yoona..”

“I said, you are mine.” Yoona whispered again, refusing to pull even for a little bit, but even if Yoona did, it doesn’t lasted a second before she crushed her lips on Sooyoung’s “only mine.” She whispered in between.

Yoona nibbled Sooyoung’s lips eagerly, shoving her tongue in between Sooyoung’s parted lips impatiently when Sooyoung responded just as desperate.

The kiss turned into a hell one to resist in just second, and to clear her point, Yoona placed her hands on Sooyoung’s hips, easily slid both hands under Sooyoung’s uniform.

Sooyoung gasped “oh, go—Yoona!”

Yoona pulled from the kiss just after they were both breathless, panted, with their lips still brushing once a while “I am in love with you, Choi Sooyoung, madly, completely, and freaking desperately in love with you.” she whispered “and when I said I want you to be mine,” Yoona paused, feeling Sooyoung shivered, both from her word and from her gently touch on Sooyoung’s under uniform “I want you to be my girlfriend for now, four years later after graduating college to be your wife, and spending the rest of my life with you after.”

Sooyoung’s face turned crimson red, her eyes lost in Yoona’s.

“Aren’t you going to give me an answer now?”

Realizing she has been staring, shyly, Sooyoung quickly wrapped her arms around Yoona’s shoulders, buried her face on the latter’s neck “you know I am madly in love with you.” she mumbled “you know I always do.” She added “..i was the one who ask you about that earlier.”

Yoona escaped soft chuckles “..and my answer is?”

“Yoona, yes, of course I do. I want you.”

With another giggled, Yoona spoke “then, pulled from the hug already, so that I can kiss you hard and endless.”

Their face are both red when Sooyoung pulled from the hug, having them both giggles by the silly sweet confession, mostly sweet, before Sooyoung leaned to capture Yoona’s lips once again.

“I am in love with you, and I am always will..” Sooyoung whispered.

“Great..” Yoona spoke softly in between their kisses “and since we still have some time..” Yoona’s lips curved to a naughty smile with her hands travelled higher inside Sooyoung’s uniform.

With another gasped “Yoo-Yoona!!”

It was giggled, moans, and gasped to be heard in the silent side of the building.

And then, who is the trouble again?