Yes, I Do (1/2)

Our Notebook

Yes, I do…”

 

There is nothing more beautiful than the word itself, coming from the one she loves, after she asked sweetly “..will you marry me?”

It was pure bliss and happiness.

Living her dreams, with the one she loves is something that finally comes true.

She is getting married, with this sweet loving woman, her woman.

Sooyoung is staring at her fingers, specifically to the ring circling on that, the coupled one with her love.

A smile made its way on her face.

Finally, after five years in relationship, after their childish fight to their heated argument, from a sweet innocent kiss to their burning love making.

She is getting married.

Just in less than 20 minutes, she will own this woman, and this woman will own her, and they will live happily forever ever after.

They will.

Sooyoung’s heart is racing, she is obviously nervous, but happily nervous.

She has been gripping her vow’s paper, doesn’t stop reciting every words, every sentences that will represent her promise. Her life time promise to her one and only love.

“..I will love you and you alone till our hairs turn gray, till little angels will call us grams..”

“..I will hold your hand when I am not strong enough to carry you on my back, telling you how much I love you every morning, protecting your from your nightmares..”

“I will spoiling you so bad no matter how many times our friends and families scolded us.”

“I will give you anything, I will do anything, just anything that could make you smile.”

“I will take care of you when you’re sick, breakfast on bed, and feeding you until you finish eating.”

“I will kiss you when you start sulking or whining, until you’re calm enough to talk about what upsetting you.”

“I will let you hit me when you’re mad or jealous, but we will cuddling the night to sleep.”

“We will make love every days and nights even after unstoppable protested for how loud and noisy we could get.”

“I will give you my best, and I will try not to make you cry. But even if I do, I will scolded myself, and making up to you thousands time better. I promise.”

“I will love you though your best and your worst.”

“I work hard to buy your dream house, with a pool where our kids can play together, with a veranda where we could watch sunset together while cuddling, with many rooms so that our friends could have a sleepover.. and near the beach.. a place where you love the most..” Sooyoung smiled softly “after my arms of course..” she mumbled.

“I promise you my everything.. I do..”

“I promise.. I promise..”

“I will.. and I will love you till death separate us.. till heaven calls us apart..”

Soft giggles escaped her lips, it doesn’t lessen her anxiousness, but thinking to spend her eternity with the woman she loves fluttering her heart to no end.

The day has come, and she is ready for this.

Ready to spend eternity together, having their days fill with laugh and love, having their days fill with each other, and she is ready to start a family.

Another giggles escape her lips by the though of having little kids running around calling her mom. Mommy will be okay, mama too, moms doesn’t sound bad, mumz or whatever just fine.

Sooyoung escaped relived sigh “..I will love you forever, only you, and you alone..” still nervous, Sooyoung closed her eyes, having a small smile.

It will be okay.

They’re ready to walk the aisle.

They’ve talked about this months ago, and it was almost half a year for them to prepare their day.

This is the day, this is it.

An outdoor wedding, a garden wedding party.

They’re lucky to get the reservation. There is one couple that suddenly stepped out.

It was fate.

Their wedding day, their day, them..

The door on her room opened, revealing a petite woman in short white dress, closing the door carefully before she walked closer to her.

“Hey, Tae..” Sooyoung smiled brightly, 15 minutes to go “..everything’s okay?”

Taeyeon’s facial expression doesn’t change, nervous and sad, fading Sooyoung’s smile slowly.

“What?” she asked carefully “did something happen?”

“..I’m sorry..” Taeyeon spoke, taking a seat near Sooyoung, gently showing her hand on Sooyoung with a piece of folded paper, squeezing tight as she whispered “..please be strong..”

And Sooyoung’s know, everything is not okay.

And that the best day of her life was about to shattered.

It was a dream..

And right at the moment, she knows..

It was still a dream..

-----

 

Yes, I do...”

 

She was sure that she has no doubt when she voiced that words, no doubt especially when the question came from the love of her life “..will you marry me?”

She is certain that there is no even a little thing that forced her, she is willing to spend eternity with this sweet and loving woman.

Who else could stand her jealousy and sometimes unreasonable anger?

Who else could gently wipe her tears when she is too upset to talk?

Who else could come to her with a text saying she is not well?

Who else could hug her so tight until her doubt and fear go away? Until she feels safe and comfort?

Who else could kiss her senseless? Who could kiss her in the middle of their fight and she loves that the way it calm her down.

Who could tell her that everything is going to be okay? And the best part is that this woman do everything to make sure that everything is indeed will be okay.

Who else could love her like her life depends on her?

And who.. who could tell her that she loves her with every way she could, and means every word in it?

It’s just her.

Her Sooyoung..

It’s just Sooyoung that she wants to marry with.

But her heart haven’t calm down, not since last week, not since these last days, not since last night.

She keeps telling herself that everything is going to be okay.

She keeps telling herself that she is just nervous, and it happens on every brides.

But why?

Why no word can calm her now? why no voices can assure her that she is doing the right things?

Why?

People sometimes get cold feet.. but in the end, it will be okay..

No, she can’t tell her soon-to-be-wife that she got cold feet, that she doubt their marriage, that she is not sure anymore if she should do this marriage.

Now, Sooyoung might hate her, and it should be the last things she wants.

But doing this is just as wrong. Her mind spoke.

Leaving the marriage without telling her is wrong! Her heart screams.

But she is afraid to face the woman now, just minutes before they meet the crowds, their families, friends..

Her body numbed.

Should she run?

No!! no!! it was what her mind keeps yelling, her heart keep whispering.

You won’t meet someone like her ever again.

Don’t waste her.

She loves you.

Tears escape her eyes.

She is so beautiful in white, yet she is not sure if she can do this.

What if this is wrong?

What makes you think so? Her heart argued.

I might not ready yet.

Then tell her. Her heart keeps whispering.

She might hate me.

Then, don’t you think her heart won’t smash and crumpled if you leave like this?

It was true..

The thought only make her tears keep falling.

But whatever option she chooses, it will only hurt her. She knows.

And it doesn’t help that she has no courage to meet the woman, gazing into that sweet loving eyes, and telling her to cancel their wedding.

Yoona, she loves you..

That she knows.

Yoona stared on her ring, the ring Sooyoung, her soon-to-be wife proposed her months ago before taking it off.

She reached for a pen, with a piece of paper.

I am sorry, Soo.. I am really sorry..

But I don’t think that I am ready for this..

It wasn’t you, please don’t blame yourself..

And I love you, I do love you..”

And that’s all she wrote before she folded the paper twice, putting it on the coffee table with the ring on top.

That was the last thing she did, before she left, stepping out from the day that could change her life forever.

-----

 

Sorry?

How could sorry rearranged her shattered heart?

Not ready?

Why it took Yoona six months to say that?

Not you?

If it’s not her, than who?

Love?

She starts to doubt if the word does have meaning.

No tears escaped her eyes, no words come from her lips, her world like stopping right on her eyes, her body feels light like her soul leaving her already, and she feels numb.

“..Soo..” her petite bestfriend called her softly “talk to me..”

“..I.. will come out to apologize..” Sooyoung whispered softly, her eyes glistening yet she has been holding herself, don’t cry, don’t, she told herself. Her eyes are falling on the paper, and the ring her soon-to-be wife’s left, she was lost.

Hoping that it was just a joke, but it was not even funny for a joke.

Wishing that it was a nightmare, but she is awake, she is living the reality, the painful truth.

“Don’t worry about that.” Taeyeon spoke “we are already taking care of that..”

“..oh..” Sooyoung nodded, turn to meet her worry bestfriend, giving a small smile that comes so, so broken “..thank you..”

Taeyeon reached out Sooyoung’s hand, squeezing hard “..we’re here for you..”

“I know..” Sooyoung smiled, again, sad and shattered “..thank you..” she said again.

The room fills with silence, with only to person accompanying the room, one to hurt to talk, and the other can’t find a word to comfort her bestfriend.

“..Soo.. do you want something? do you need something?” Taeyeon asked carefully “I can--..”

“Can you..” Sooyoung cut “leave me alone?”

“No.” Taeyeon swiftly object “you know I won’t.”

“I just need some time alone, Tae..” Sooyoung assured “I will be okay.”

“No Soo. You’re not okay.” Taeyeon spoke desperately, almost crying. She knows Sooyoung is always stubborn and keeping things for herself, just doesn’t want to worry them.

Sooyoung gave soft weak chuckle “yeah, I am not that good liar, aren’t I?”

“Soo--..”

“But I will be okay.” Sooyoung cut with a weak assuring smile “I just need some time to figure things out. Like what will I do after this? What should I do later? Or.. or how to make this less hurt..”

“Soo..”

“I promise, I won’t do stupid things..” Sooyoung cut again, lifting her hand to caress her bestfriend’s cheek “I promise, Tae.”

Taeyeon heaved a sigh. It was definitely useless to argue with this tall brunette, and even if she stays.. how could she helps Sooyoung to make it less painful?

“I will always on phone.” Taeyeon stood up, leaning to give a peck on Sooyoung’s temple “call me when you figured something out.”

Sooyoung forced a smile “..sure..” she said before it assisted her bestfriend’s leaving.

And just the moment the door shut, the room fall into sickening deafening silent.

Tear falls, not once, not twice.

Because no matter how hard Sooyoung bit her lip until it bleed to hold her tears, it keeps on falling, falling endlessly.

Why it hurt this much? So much that she is wondering if this is the worst she could ever had. wondering if she was at her limit already.

She can’t take this.

Sorry.

It keeps repeating inside her head. This was not the first time Yoona said sorry. But hell, for sure, this is one the worst she could ever had.

If she has ever wondering if that sorry could kill her, for now, it does, it is killing her, so, so slowly that she is wishing to end this just fast and easy.

Not ready.

Ready or not, Yoona already decided, decided to end them.

Not you.

Who she is to fool. If Yoona left, the only reason that could ever make any sense inside her head is that because of her.

Yoona doesn’t want to marry her.

Not her.

Love.

People said, never ever give your everything to someone you love. She laughed on it once. Why can’t she when she loves this woman just so much.

But now she knows. So sad. Because when Yoona left, she has nothing, really nothing.

A weak smile made its way on her face. If Yoona already took her leaving, decided to leave everything they had behind, she shouldn’t stay here.

Taking off her ring, Sooyoung put it on a red velvet box.

They’re over.

And so does their story.

Sooyoung doesn’t wait before she took off her white dress, putting one that casually wrapped her slim body before she opened her suitcase on the bed, dumping whatever clothes she could find on the wardrobe.

They were supposed to have their honeymoon here as well, at Cayman Island, Carribean. The place Yoona wants to visit the most.

But it might belong to another story, another couple.

Just not hers. And starting now, there is no them or us. Just you or me.

Sooyoung dropped a text.

As promised to her bestfriend.

Taeyeon might regretted leaving the brunette, because after that, for sure, it was the last time Taeyeon has ever seen the latter, last time in a while.

..I figured out a way.. don’t worry about me, I promise when I feel better, I will be back..”

-----

 

It was two weeks after the messy broken day where Yoona decided to go home.

Wondering for two weeks cleared her head out.

She is looking for an answer.

Maybe her mind already gave one which she keeps disproving.

She was wrong to leave the marriage..

She regretted leaving..

And now her heart aching like crazy, calling someone, only one person that could heal her, and it is the very same person she stepped out from..

Yoona’s eyes fall on the street through the window glass, she is inside the taxi on her way from the airport home.

She misses home, her parents, sister, and more specially, her Sooyoung..

When the name came across in between her thought, a small sad smile appears on her face.

Sooyoung will forgive her, won’t she? Sooyoung always forgive her, no matter how unreasonable their fight could be. Sooyoung always does.

The image of the smiling tall brunette comes into her mind.

But it faded right when she remembered whatever she done two weeks ago.

How could she imagine the latter with a smile when she left tears on Sooyoung by her stupid decision?

So stupid!

But no matter how many times she has been scolding herself over and over again, it changed nothing.

Sooyoung is always there when she needs someone. Sooyoung always does.

Sooyoung would never ever leave her like how she did.

Sooyoung never doubted her, never hurt her till she couldn’t breath.

There are things Yoona misses from her love, so much that she couldn’t list them all.

And after all that things Sooyoung had done to her, this is how she repay the brunette, leaving right in their marriage day.

And it hit Yoona in the way of her run away.

How embarrassing could it be for the brunette to face their guesses, apologizing and telling them that the marriage was cancel.

How painful it could be for the latter to bear when she left without reason.

And how much she has caused pain to the one she loves the most.

How could Sooyoung get away from this? How could Sooyoung healed herself when it was always her than hug the latter to sleep every nights.

How could she can be so selfish and stepping away without talking to Sooyoung?

Does she even deserve forgiveness?

Yoona has been crying, finally realized how bad she did this time.

She wants comfort, safety, and the only person who could provide it right now was nowhere to be seen. Simply because she left.

Yoona regretted that impulsive act, and how much she hopes that she could fix things.

She will. She will apologized, to her family, Sooyoung’s family, their friends, and Sooyoung, her Sooyoung.

She is in pain, and nobody could take it away but Sooyoung. Only Sooyoung.

And she comes to a conclusion.. that leaving their marriage day, is a terribly stupid worst mistake she had ever done..

Something that would never ever happened again.

She learned her lesson.

And she hopes the woman she loves could give her a chance to fix things.. them..

The taxi stopped right in front of a gate in a nice neighborhood, it seems nice and homely.

Yoona’s heart pounded hard, meeting her family never made her this nervous before.

Yoona pressed the intercom, the maid rushing, opened the door for her. She was coming from a well respected family.

“..mi-miss Yoona?” the old maid seemly surprised, which Yoona greeted with a small smile.

“Are my family at home?”

“Yes, miss, they’re having dinner..” the old maid said, stepping aside to let Yoona come inside.

Without lessen her nervousness, Yoona slowly walked into her house with her suitcase dragged effortlessly.

Yoona stopped in the living room, leaving her suitcase before she made her way to the dining room.

She opened the door that separate the living room and the dining room, standing there awkwardly while the other three figures stared back at her as speechless.

It was before her mother spoke “you’re home..” she smiled “take a seat. We just started dinner.”

Yoona nodded, glancing on her father who is quietly eating, walking by her younger sister’s side “Seo..” she called, earning a smile before she sits right after.

The conversation is turning out just fine. Her parents are talking like her run away was never happened before. And not a single time her parents ever mentioned it.

It was after their dinner, Yoona walked to her room to take a quick shower before she rejoins her family in the family room. They’re having a movie night. Almost every night actually, and they never skip weekend.

“..I’m sorry..” Yoona voiced, softly, lowly in the middle of the deafening silence.

Eyes turned to the latter.

Yoona’s father took the remote, turned off the TV, before he faced his daughter.

“Yoona.. I know you can do better than that.” His voice deep and calm, doesn’t sound angry, but wisely asking for his daughter to explain.

And Yoona knows that, she imagined how much troubles her family went into to apologize to Sooyoung’s family.

“..I—I wish I can..” Yoona mumbled, swallowed “I—I don’t even know what came into me..” she started “I was alone.. and my mind..” Yoona’s eyes glistened with tears “..start making up things..” she mumbled.

“..I—I was thinking.. how—how could my life would be without you.. am—am I really going to start a family? Is—is this really the right thing to do? Am—am I really ready for this?” Yoona’s voice cracked “and leaving you seemed so—so scary for me..”

“You know it was not like that.” her mother spoke softly, moving closer to her daughter, giving a warm protective hug “we know Sooyoung won’t forbid you from meeting us.” She said “you know Sooyoung will protect you through anything..” she said “and you know you can always meet use, sweetheart.”

“I know mom.. I know..” Yoona cried, tears starting to flow “I—I was being impulsive, I didn’t even think how I made everyone feels..” she cried “I’m so, so sorry..”

“You know for whom you should deliver your apology for..” Mr.Im spoke.

“I know..” Yoona wiped her tears with the back of her palm “I will meet Sooyoung and her family tomorrow.. I will apologize.”

Mr.Im, Mrs.Im and the youngest daughter are changing glances before Mrs.Im voiced softly “you need to try a little bit harder on her family. They’re so angry, Yoona..” Mrs.Im paused, staring worriedly before she added carefully “especially after they knew..” she paused, followed by a sigh, observing her eldest daughter’s expression “..that Sooyoung left..”

Yoona’s eyes widened “wh-what?”

“She came to us the day you left.” Mr.Im spoke “apologizing.” He added “and it was the last time we saw her.” he explained “her parents didn’t even get to see her.”

Yoona’s tears are falling even more. Now, how could she fix this when Sooyoung is not here?

Yoona turned, meeting her sister’s eyes, hopefully “no, unnie.. she didn’t even meet any of us.” Seohyung replied into that silent pleading eyes “she only left a text for Taeyeon unnie. You might want to talk to her.”

Yeah, she needs to deal with their friends too.

How could she missed that.

“..unnie, do you want me to accompany you tomorrow?”

“..it’s okay.” Yoona mumbled in between her sobs “it was my fault, I was supposed to be the only one responsible over this.”

Seohyun gave a smile “tell me if you need something.” she said “I will be here for you.”

“..so do we..” Mr.Im said, giving a warm fatherly smile along with Mrs.Im.

So glad that she still has people to support her, no matter how messed up she could be.

“..thank you.. really thank you..”

-----

 

Yoona is standing in front of the big gate of the big mansion.

Of course this won’t be the first time she was here. It was countless time already, but she already forget when did the last time she had this feeling.

Maybe five years ago? The first time she met her girlfriend’s parents? Her ex by now maybe?

How much she wished she never left.

Groggily, Yoona pressed the intercom, one similar to her house.

It was a maid who comes to answer the door.

“Miss Yoona..” the young maid greeted with a smile “Miss Sooyoung is not home.” She said, seemly obvious about what happened.

“I know. How about her family?”

“Ah, they are here..” she said “please come in.”

Yoona smiled, making her way to the living room, just as she always do.

Yoona stopped on the door step, taking deep breath, before she stepped inside.

She is ready.

But just as soon as she saw the three familiar figures who already considering her as a part of their family, her wall crumpled down, all to her defenses.

“How dare you to step into this house again.” The cold tone comes from Sooyoung’s mother.

“I am here to apologize, mom.”

“Don’t you call me that!” it was clear that the old lady was beyond furious “if you need to be reminded,” she said coldly “you left her, in your wedding day!”

Yoona bit her lower lip.

No, she can’t cry, not when she knows it was her fault.

“..mom..” Soojin, Sooyoung’s older sister called, trying to calm her mother by reaching her arms “shouldn’t we listen to her at least?”

“Listen?” Mr.Choi asked unbelievingly “she left your sister without a word!!”

“Mom..”

“She is not even here.” the old lady said just as coldly.

“I heard from my parents.” Yoona spoke “I am here to apologize to her family after my stupid and unreasonable behavior.” She bowed, deep until her eyes meet the white tiles “I’m really sorry.”

“Even if your apology can bring her back, I won’t ever forgive you!!” Mrs.Choi said “now, get out from my house!!”

Mr.Choi sighed, eyes falling on the latter who can’t even stand straight.

“I thought you had at least considering things before running out from the marriage.” He spoke, calm but clearly disappointed “and even if you want to postpone.” He paused “or canceling the wedding,” he added “do you think Sooyoung won’t let you to?”

It was true.

Even if she told her that she want to call the marriage off, Yoona was beyond sure that no matter how much it breaks every part of hers, Sooyoung will go along with that.

How stupid she could be that she left just like that.

And even wanting the brunette back?

Why she just realized it now? why she just realized that she loves the tall woman so much that she doesn’t want to live without her..

“..I—I’m.. sorry..” Yoona’s voiced low and regretful. How could she fix this mess again?

“She was not here, Yoona..” Mr.Choi spoke “she left without telling any of us.” He stood up, reaching his crying wife’s hand, holding tightly to lessen his love’s anger down “now, if you excuse us.” That’s all he said before leaving upstairs, maybe to their room.

Yoona tears up, so broken.

If only Sooyoung is here…

“Let me send you out..” Soojin offered, walking without waiting any reply, Yoona followed after, doesn’t dare to voice any word, because for sure the young woman is just as mad as her mother.

“..thank you..” Yoona whispered “unnie..”

Soojin nodded “take care.” She said, turned away, but Yoona’s call stopped her.

“..unnie.. do you.. do you know where Sooyoung is?”

Soojin looked at her almost sister-in-law, expressionless “what are you going to do if you know where she is, Yoona?”

“..I.. I—I need to apologize..” Yoona mumbled.

“I don’t know where she is.” Soojin spoke “but even if I do, I might don’t want to tell you either.”

Yes, of course she expected that answer.

“..i’m sorry.. unnie.. I really regret my decision.”

Soojin heaved sigh “I was not the one you’re supposed to ask for forgiveness from.” She said “it was not my heart that you’re breaking. It was not me who you left on your wedding day. It was not me who cry and you played with.” Soojin paused “..it was not me.. who is madly in love with you and willing to do anything for you..”

And it tears Yoona even more.

“I love you so much, Yoona.. so much that I will die for you..

Sooyoung’s voice keeps lingering inside her head, accompany her dreams, her sleepless nights, her days, her..

Why she even left this woman actually, what really came into her that time.

“..I know it will anger you even more if I told you this..” Yoona spoke, having Soojin’s warm eyes turned into something she had never seen before was definitely shook her whole body in fear “..but I love her, and leaving her was the worst thing that I had ever done in my  life..” she added “but I promise that I will make it up to her..”

“Soojin Unnie..” Yoona spoke “I know that I don’t deserve any of her heart any longer..” she said “but I will try.. trying thousands times even if it kills me..” she paused, swallowing her dry throat “I love her and I know.. I don’t want to live without her..”

“And if there is one person I want to spend my entire life with.. to spend my forever with..” Yoona spoke “it is Sooyoung.. only her..”

Soojin’s teeth gritted in anger, this woman who left her sister just tell her that she wants her baby sister back! What the hell!!

“I hope I don’t meet you again.” Soojin said, cold and right to the point.

And it was the last words she hears from Sooyoung’s sister before the older woman walked back inside the house.

Yoona wiped her tears.

For sure that Sooyoung’s family haven’t accept her back, not yet. But she won’t stop trying.

And she has time, as long as Sooyoung’s leaving.

By the moment the tall brunette back, she hopes that she could already wins these family’s hearts, just like how she used to.

This time might be a little harder, and need more effort, but she will give her best, her all.

She will win Sooyoung back.

-----

 

If there is another guilt left inside her heart, Yoona might still need to deal with their friends.

Their friends who is willingly, voluntary helping them with their marriage. All nine of them.

Yoona is standing in front of a café, in a warm yet sunny Sunday. She should be happy and light for someone who wants to spend time here.

But it was not her purpose. She was here to apologize.

They used to gather together every Sunday, spending time together, chatting, sharing their week, and go on from lunch to dinner.

That’s how they tightened their bond in between their busy work, keeping their friendship to last forever.

The café owned by the pair who married just few months before their supposed to be wedding day. Sunny’s café, just like its name, from the owner.

Yoona carefully walked inside. Her sister just texted her that they’re all there, all except one person.

Yoona flashed her smile to the employee who she already knows by name, it has been three years since this place become a part of their habits.

Yoona made her way to the private room, one that Sunny and Hyomin made especially for them. She knocked twice before pushed the door and walked inside.

Yoona was sure that it must be noisy just like how it was every week, but just as she stepped inside, the room fall into silence, all pair of eyes glued on her.

Except that giggling sounds from the kids and absentminded little angels from the special kids play room just not far.

The room was divided in two, not with any wall or something, but only by the carpet that accompanying the kids playroom. They need it to be safe and comfortable for kid to play around.

There are three, as usual, seems like Sunny and Hyomin are not in a hurry to have one like Taeyeon’s and Jessica’s little Soojung, or two like Yuri’s and Tiffany’s twin Mason and Mavin.

Out of them all, aside from her and Sooyoung, there was Seohyun and Hyoyeon who has not reach marriage yet.

Tiffany cleared , looking as nobody is willing to offer a seat, she spoke, with a smile “hey, where have you been? Take a seat.”

Yoona nodded, taking one near her sister.

“Hey..” she greeted.

“We were just about to have lunch.” Sunny said, giving a smile along “order yours, I will deliver it to the chef.” She added which Yoona complied.

Just after Yoona order hers, the room, once again fall into dead silence before Hyomin asked “so, where have you been?” she smiled “we thought you will miss this week too.”

Yoona tried her best to smile “..i was just taking some time.” she said carefully.

They nodded, maybe some of them before the room comes into another chatter.

Just like before, they started their conversation while having their lunch, putting aside what had happened, once in a while included Yoona along.

It was getting late, and Yoona need to do it sooner.

“..I—I am sorry..” Yoona whispered, loud enough for them to hear, but just not disturbing the playing kids.

They all are facing the tall woman, all in silence.

Yoona’s shoulders down, head bended slightly “..I know that it was too much to ask. And it was so wrong of me.” she whispered “..but I am really, really sorry..”

Some of her friends are changing glances, some having their eyes empty staring nowhere, but they know how sorry the woman must be.

The silence must be too much to bear as they avoided any eye contact after, trying to  push another to talk, voiced out their thought “..I believe it was not us who supposed to hear that from you.” Tiffany finally said “but if it’s so important for you.” she smiled “Yoona, we have never been mad at you. and we forgive you.”

They smiled.

Yoona is lucky. Her family is supportive, and so does her friends.

“..thank you..”

But one of friend, instead of speaking up, stood up from her seat, walking out from the door.

Jessica glanced at her wife, the woman she married already more than a year “..she just wanted to talk.” She assured the brunette.

Yoona nodded, following where Taeyeon left just now. She opened the door, and Taeyeon is just standing there, leaning her back on the wall.

“..Tae..”

Taeyeon’s hand is reaching out, silencing Yoona right away, there is something inside the petite woman’s grip.

Yoona stretching out her hand, palm opens before Taeyeon placed a box on her palm, a familiar box and a piece of paper.

“She told me to throw that away, far where she couldn’t see them anymore.” Taeyeon spoke “but it was a waste, if you don’t know what—..” she paused, eyes gazing into Yoona’s “or who you’re losing..”

“..not to remind you how wrong you did..” Taeyeon continued while Yoona’s eyes in tears, giving a small smile “but to let you know that there is someone so stupid.. so stupid that will never stop loving you..”

“I want to get mad at you, Yoona.. I really do..” she said “but then again, I know it was not my right to do so..” she added “not when the woman you broke do nothing but giving you time to sort your thought out..”

“And I will hate you even more..” Taeyeon spoke, calm and comforting, in a good way of course “if you don’t make it up to her.”

Yoona wiped her tears “thank you.. really thank you so much..”

And it was just good to have friends who can remind you about how bad you messed things up, but still stay with you.. and in the very end.. letting you know that they support whatever decision you’re going with..

“I will make it up to her.. I will win her heart over and over again..” Yoona whispered “I promise.”

Taeyeon nodded, giving a small smile with soft pats on Yoona’s shoulder “good luck..” she whispered before walking back to the room.

Yoona’s back leaned on the wall, falling sit on the floor.

It was their rings.

Yoona unfolded the paper carefully, it was strangely wavy. Must be wet.

And it hurt Yoona to know that it was possibly by Sooyoung’s tears.

And the moment Yoona’s eyes reading the first sentence, she knows that she needs to have this woman back, so, so soon..

It is just a simple word, yet touching deeply to the deepest of Yoona’s heart, as she reads “promises of my life to the woman of my world. My marriage’s vow. Choi Sooyoung to Choi Yoona.. forever and eternity..”

-----

 

Yoona opened her scrap book, the one she made ever since she walked back home ten months ago.

And she fills every pages of the book, by days, for every days.

To the very first it read “what you missed when you’re not here..

By next page, it was her picture with the woman she loves.

Sooyoung is hugging her while stealing a kiss from her. She was pretty surprised, but laughing after. What a good memories.

Yoona flipped the page until it reached the blank one, before she starts writing.

 

Day 249..

And you’re still not home..

I missed you.. so, so much.. and how could you haven’t call me back? I left my number on every mail I send you, haven’t you checked your inbox? :( call me please TT please..

And do you know that I still cried to sleep?

I miss you so bad. So, so bad. I need to hear your voice, I want miss how you hum for me to sleep, I want your arms to protect me from nightmares, and I want to sleep cuddling with you.

You will regret not being here.

Today, Hyoyeon proposed to my sister. We’re all there. My baby sister seems so genuinely happy, and she cried (you know her), of course she is touched, but more like how her girlfriend proposed to her.

Hyoyeon asked us to help. She wore a keroro costume, and we laughed even when she told us the idea. She is such a dork sometimes.

Hyoyeon dance randomly to a keroro soundtrack song, and successfully embarrassing us on the restaurant she booked specially for the event.

Luckily, there were only staffs, and no other costumers. And out of all, we all happy, happy for them.

They said that they won’t wait for long. They will held the wedding in few months, maybe three or four.

You’re going to be back home soon. I know. I know.

First of all, I know all of them are still keeping in touch with you somehow. They won’t give me your number, and I can’t push them for that. So I figure out that they will tell you about the happy news. You’re going to involve in their wedding preparation just like how they involved in ours. Just like how we promised each other back in high school. (I wish I never left)

And second, your family might tell you, but I have been visiting them every week, apologizing and assuring them that I am madly in love with you, which I am, and I will marry you. for real, and for ever.

And last, Sooyoung I have been waiting for you. You said you won’t ever make me waiting too long, weren’t you?

But I know this is worth. You are worth all the wait.

Sooyoung, I love you baby..

Sweetheart, go home soon.. I need to hug you, and kiss you hard and endless..

Sooyoung baby, see you soon, so, so soon.. :)

 

Yoona closed the book, having a satisfied smile on her face before she turned off the table lamp.

Time to sleep, time to wait for tomorrow.

And just a day closer to meet her love.

Everything will be okay..

-----

 

“So where do you guys would want your marriage held?” Tiffany seems like interviewing the happily soon to get married couple, her pink pen on right hand noisily tapping on the table right beside her note.

“..we’re still thinking about that..” Hyoyeon mumbled “nothing has come yet.”

“How about Jeju?” Hyomin suggested, she has been going crazy about going there lately. Blame that drama, her favorite currently, one that took the shooting in “..Udo island?” she suggested hopefully.

“Yess!!” it was Tiffany “we can rent a villa or something!! like in the film, right!!? and an outdoor wedding seems just fine there!!!”

Yuri and Sunny shared glances, enough to talk with their eyes ‘yeah, tell me about that’ kind of look, trying hard not to question anything to get the two woman even more excited.

But in every groups, there is just one or two who is seriously so absentmindedly innocent to erad the situation.

“..Udo?” Jessica asked, tilting her head slightly “what film?”

“Oh God, Jessi!! Don’t tell me you haven’t watched the new drama yet!!” Tiffany turned to her blonde bestfriend, giving a ‘are you kidding’ look.

“Yes!! It was seriously so, so great!!” Hyomin added “let’s watch it together!!”

“Yesss!! Count me in!!” Tiffany  clapped her hands.

“What?” Yuri’s brows knitted “didn’t you watched the series like tens times or more?” she asked “I’ve had no other drama but that. you recorded it and watching it over and over again.”

“It is a good drama!!” Tiffany defensively said.

“Yes!! I don’t mind watching it over and over again!!” Hyomin agreed “and soon, Jessica will agree with us.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes “okay, just as long as you don’t plan to turn my girlfriend to a drama freak.” She said.

“..she will..” Sunny whispered, giving an apologetic look “trust me.”

They laughed. Planning marriage is always fun. Especially with this group of crazy, weird, and imaginative people.

“Oh, by the way..” Taeyeon voiced, shoving her hand inside her bag, taking out several cards before she handed one to each couple, Yoona got one herself “she sent me this, and ask me to hand it to you guys.”

Just as their eyes lay on the card, they lifted their head, studying a certain woman whose eyes glued on the invitation card.

“It was the grand opening for her gallery.” Taeyeon explained “she hope we could come.”

They nodded, eyes glued on Yoona.

“So, where are our list again?” naturally, Taeyeon turned back to their previous conversation.

“Jeju, Udo..” and just as naturally, their friends picking up the pace.

Yoona was left staring on her invitation card.

It was always Sooyoung’s dream as a photographer to own her gallery.

Finally she is home.. Sooyoung is going home.. very, very soon..

-----