I Know You're Trouble (1/3)

Our Notebook

“Stop admiring and make your move already.”

“You might need to make it faster before someone snatched the striker away.”

“Guys,” The girl on the middle of the other two sighed “you might as well want to tell the entire football team.” She said, taking a fine look around the football field, not that crowded, well except from fangirls and.. yeah, fan girls.

“Yoona..” the one on the left called “she is pretty popular, and lately she is getting more than popular.” She added “you are beautiful. And you do have your own fangirls.” She continued “I bet she will go out with you..” and paused, before she added cheekily “only if you ask her definitely.”

Yoona furrowed her brow, rolled her eyes, said sarcastically “and it is surely the easiest part.”

The shortest from the three with blond hair laugh “I told you, I can introduce you to my teammate.” Said the football team’s captain.

“Thanks, Hyo.” Yoona turned “but no thanks.”

“See!” the girl that usually has her eyes smile yelled “you are not that interested enough on her, aren’t you?” she said, left brow raised.

“Jezz, Tiff! Can you be any louder?!” Yoona said in between her gritted teeth, trying not to earn another hater from the fan girls around. She has enough.

“But she is right.” Hyoyeon shrugged “you just don’t like her enough. Not that much to make you take a step, not that much to at least introduced yourself to her..” she sighed  “not enough to make you think that she is the one.”

“I am just 18, girls.” Yoona said annoyed “you both are talking like I was about to get married.”

“You will.”

“One day.”

Yoona rolled her eyes “not less in five years at least.” She said “and I still have a lot of things to think about at the moment aside from that.” she continued “like which college I am going to enroll.”

“Yeah,” Hyoyeon smirked “let see about that.”

“You might change your mind once you are in love.” Tiffany said, bended slightly to meet her bestfriend’s eyes “you can see Hyoyeon as example.” She teased “she is so ready to get married now.”

“Seohyun is the one.” Hyoyeon replied immediately “I bet for the entire life of me.” she added as determinant “she is the one I am going to get married with.”

Yoona sighed in disbelief, eyes darted again on the tall tanned girl again.

Loud cheering accompany the almost finish practice. And in no time, the practice is over, with all the players walking to the side, gathering around the coach for a final touch.

The final preach for the day for their coming competition.

Hyoyeon as the team captain finally stood up and making her way to the other side of the field. She has been playing the first half, and the only reason why she doesn’t allowed to play full time because the stupid sprained ankle she got two weeks ago.

She wants to play fit for the game, which is why she needs to take care of herself, at least for the next two months.

Twenty minutes passed before the circle spreading, indicating that the practice was finally over.

Yoona’s eyes followed the so called striker who is making her way to a tall girl.

A familiar girl which she sees everyday. It is her classmate.

“I still can’t get it, why, a popular girl like Yuri could be friend with her.” Tiffany heaved a sigh, eyes fell on the two girls who seem are talking “she screams trouble.”

“Tiff.” Yoona’s left brow raised “it is not good to do that.”

“You know,” Tiffany ignored her bestfriend’s threat “Yuri is the only person who she talks to more in a matter of a word, or a second.”

“And she is the only person who she is smiling to.” Yoona nodded, her lips curved slightly, seemly mesmerized by the small smile the girl offered privately, not to her surely.

Tiffany’s brows creased “are you still with me?”

Yoona turned “yeah, yeah, what?”

“So now, you move from the school’s heartthrob to the.. school’s—“ Tiffany paused “troub--..”

“Tiff.”

Tiffany sighed “just saying.” Both palms up “but really Yoona, are you interested on her?” she asked carefully.

“Nah, it’s still Yuri, I think.” Yoona replied, doubtfully.

“Think?”

“Well, I am just curious about her any way.”

“Our classmate?” Tiffany asked.

“She has name, Tiff.”

“You are not answering.”

“I am just kind of curious.” Yoona mumbled, face turned back to the two tall figures, elbows rested on her knees with her chin propped up, eyes fall on the taller “like how would it feel if.. she is smiling for me, for example?” she shrugged “or how would it be if she is doing more than smiling. Like laughing?”

Tiffany shot her bestfriend a weird look “Yoona, once again.” She said “are you still here?”

Yoona turned, meeting her bestfriend’s eyes “and quoting you.” she said “just saying.”

Tiffany obviously doesn’t buy it that her brows creased “yeah, but--..”

“Hey guys,” Hyoyeon is standing in front of her friends “Seo must be finished with the journalist club already. Should we grab something to eat before going home?” she grinned, rubbing her tummy “hungry.”

“Sure.” Yoona smiled, standing up.

“Are you sure she is already finished?” Tiffany narrowed her eyes to the blonde “last time, we ended up waiting an hour or so.” She said, seemly to already forgotten the conversation with Yoona earlier.

“Yeah, yeah.” But Hyoyeon already walking, followed by Yoona. Honestly, she really doesn’t care if she will wait for another hour or two. Hyoyeon really doesn’t.

“Ya-yah! Wait for me!”

Hyoyeon laughed, but doesn’t stop her running. She can’t wait to meet her girlfriend again.

Yoona shook her head, but running a little as well, leaving the whining girl behind.

“Yah! I told you to stop!”

But then, nobody listen.

-----

 

Yoona arrived at school early today. Early and alone.

Hyoyeon has text her last night, telling that she is going with Seohyun today, while Tiffany just did earlier this morning, telling her that she is going to be a little bit late.

Since it is still half an hour before school start, there are not that much students around.

Yoona arrived at her class just less than five minutes, walking inside the so empty class.

There are few bags on the table, but not one human being is present.

Putting her bag on her table, Yoona’s eyes scanning the entire room before her eyes fall on the seat where the girl she saw yesterday seated.

There is no a single clue to tell Yoona that the girl is indeed already at school.

Mostly, Yoona will see the girl walking to the class a little bit late, sometime just nearly before their teacher arrived, and some other times, just after the teacher.

The girl was never gives a damn about it anyway.

Yoona shrugged, but she walked outside from the class, deciding to take a walk before the next seven hours of torturous sitting.

Yoona is walking mindlessly, once in a while accidentally meet another students who are gladly greeting her, and she will responded with a smile.

Yoona joined the theater club since she enrolled high school, and just as long, she is pretty popular with lower grades.

She still has a lot of time that she lets her feet take her wherever they minded to.

Only to realized, she entered the back garden of the school.

Unlike the front garden and the side garden which usually full with students, mostly because there were quite a lot place to sit, like chair and table from stone, as well as benches here and there.

The back garden, just as well maintained as the other side of the gardens, just none place to sit and there are just medium pond, filled with fishes, shady trees, and a small lake by the end of it.

Nobody really like the places.

Miaww..

Yoona’s eyes fall on the wild cat, the black cat is walking past her, and going near the lake, to the shady trees.

Yeah, it was another reason why student doesn’t really like this spot. Wild animal.

Yoona turned her body, about to take steps back before she heard a soft giggles, seemly owned by a girl.

“..yah.. is it that delicious or are you all just hungry?” the soft voice spoke.

Yoona’s brows furrowed, no, she doesn’t find anyone there, at least none has come on her sight at the moment.

“..hey, stop scrambling.” The voice talked “I will go broke if you all are eating like this.” And another giggles followed.

Really, curiousity got the best of her, that instead of leaving, Yoona followed the source of the voice.

It wasn’t really like ghost does exist. And even if they are, which Yoona has no intended to believe just yet, it wasn’t like they are going to show up in the bright morning like this.

Walking to the shady trees, Yoona spot a pair of long legs behind one of the big tree.

There is someone sitting there with her legs stretch out, feet crossed. And there are three cans of tuna by the side of the girl’s thigh.

A smile made its way on Yoona’s face as she realized who the girl is, and the girl seems too absorb in feeding the cat that she doesn’t realized Yoona’s presence.

“Kimchi, you should stop eating.. it was Songpyeon’s ..” the girl scolded softly “and Kimbab, stop wiping your face on my uniform..” she giggled, with another cat jumped on her shoulder, started her face “aigo, ramyeon ahh.. only tteokguk is behaving today..” she giggled again, patting the sleeping cat who is lying on her lap.

Yoona hears the sweet conversation, giggling silently. This girl must love food just too much.

And her heart fluttered. Strangely, Yoona could feel her heart pounding from the soft giggles to the sweet calling. It feels strangely pleasurable.

Yoona is getting closer, leaning her side on the three before she spoke softly “..I don’t know you love cats..”

The girl turned just immediately, definitely surprised that she was frozen right away, blinking in disbelief.

Yoona hold herself from another giggles. This girl is just too cute.

“..can I sit here?” Yoona pointed by the girl’s side.

“..it---it’s dirty.” The girl stuttered.

“But you’re sitting anyway?”

The brown haired girl turned back to the cats.

“..so, can I?” Yoona asked again.

“..I don’t own the place.” The girl finally answered after a beat.

Yoona gave a smile which the other girl doesn’t bother to reply, before sitting by the side

The cat on the girl’s shoulder is quietly sneaking, before she moves closer to Yoona, and before Yoona knows it, instantly, the cat jumps on her lap, start her face.

“Ramyeon ahh..”

Yoona giggled. Both from the and the desperate calling from the girl.

“..It’s okay.” Yoona said between her giggle before she got the cat down on her lap, patting the over sleepy cat, mostly from the eating.

Sooyoung turned back on the other cats which still occupy her being, playing with them.

“..so, are you not going to introduce me to them?” Yoona asked softly, giving a hint of teasing in her smile.

“I want to be friend with them to.” Yoona added with the silent reply from the girl before she added “because I want to be friend with their friend as well.”

The girl turned, and she swore that Yoona’s teasing smile got her just blushing right away.

Yoona escaped another giggle “so, this is ramyeon..” Yoona said, patting the sleeping white cat with black stripe on her lap, saving the poor girl from her shyness “and?” she turned, making the other girl hastily turned to the cats on her lap once again.

“..who is this?” Yoona asked the one white one which sleeping on the girl’s lap.

“..it—it’s tteokguk.”

“Ah, and this?” Yoona pats the black one.

“Ki-kimbab.”

“And this?” Yoona asked as she pointed to the biggest one.

“Songpyeon.”

“Oh, so, this must be kimchi.” Yoona the white brown one, chuckled, before she asked “did you name them?”

“..ye-yeah.” The girl nodded.

“That’s so kind of you.” Yoona smiled, and once again, her heart fluttered by the sweet little thing she just found out about the girl.

Never once Yoona see someone like her. Not everybody would give name to wild cats, not everybody would care about wild animals with foods and talk, and giggles, which Yoona ridiculously loves to hear.

And mostly, not everybody would spare sometime, spending sometime with a bunch of friends that have nothing to do but cuddling in exchange for the food they brought, as a gratitude to spend time with them, and just acting cute for all the effort wasted.

And judging from how comfortable the cats with the girl, which by now none of the other four would seem like they want to leave the tall brunette, Yoona concluded that it must be already quite a time the girl has spending time here.

The warm breeze accompanies the light silence before Yoona spoke.

“..so, is this the reason why most of the time you’re late for class?”

There was a pause from the girl, a pause which Yoona has no idea why, and the expression Yoona doesn’t know the meaning of, before the girl answered “I was usually late.”

Yoona definitely are not buying it, but she nodded anyway.

They are not close, and Yoona is thoughtful enough to know that the girl must find it uncomfortable sharing something private with her.

“I see..” Yoona mumbled “and, hey, sorry, I am Im Yoona.” Yoona smiled sweetly “since we never talked before, just in case you don’t know my name.”

Yoona waited, hoping that the girl would say her name.

Of course Yoona know. She definitely is.

But she wants the girl to tell her instead, and she just wants the girl to keep talking.

Somehow, she grows to love the girl’s voice.

“Sooyoung!!!” but instead, a soft yelled fill the silence, where instantly both girls turned to find a tanned girl standing near them.

With brows creased, the latter voiced “your friend?”

Still sitting, Yoona bowed politely “my name is Im Yoona, Sooyoung’s classmate.”

“Ah..” she nodded, glanced on her bestfriend before she introduced herself “Kwon Yuri.” She said before walking near the taller girl, squatting and gently picks the cat, one by one, and put them on the grassy ground “school’s bell rings already.”

Sooyoung nodded, taking Yuri’s offered hand to stand up. Yuri even helped to get rid of the grass from Sooyoung’s uniform.

Yoona gently put the sleeping cat on the ground as well, before she stood up.

The three are standing, glancing around awkwardly before Yuri slipped her hand on Sooyoung’s “come on, we’re going to be late.” She smiled to the tall girl “are you going with us?” Yuri turned to Yoona.

“Ye-yeah.” Yoona mirrored the smile.

Yuri and Sooyoung are walking ahead with Yoona a step behind.

Yoona just couldn’t stop herself from staring at the intertwined hand.

She could feel a throb in her chest, and it was hurting a little bit more the longer she is staring.

And what she couldn’t decide about the pain is that, either it comes because the girl she admires hold hand with another girl, or because the girl that make her heart fluttered with just a giggle doing more than actually just fluttering her heart.

-----

 

“Earth to Im Yoona!” the shortest from the three flicked Yoona’s temple.

“Oh—hey!” Yoona cringed in pain “what was that for?!”

“Hey! It wasn’t my fault.” Hyoyeon defensively said “you’ve been day dreaming, and shrugged my call like three? four times?” her left brow raise, one hand as well, starting the counting, before she turned to her girlfriend “right, Seo?”

The tall girl with black long straight heir giggled “three.” She corrected.

Hyoyeon grinned “that’s right!” before she turned back to Yoona “we’re going to the canteen.” She said “come on! I am hungry already!!”

Yoona’s lips curved a little, shaking her head by her childish friend.

And talking about food.

Yoona turned, eyes landed on the back side of the class, only to find the seat near the door unoccupied.

She is already gone.

Unknowingly, a frown made its way on her face.

“Yoon?”

“I am hungry!” Yoona stood up, swiftly draw her attention back to the three figures “let’s go!”

 

They are chatting, with a little bit of laughs, gossiping about teachers, and so on.

It was before a familiar girl is walking to their way.

“Hey, Yul!” Hyoyeon the captain of football team greeted her teammate.

“Hey to you to.” The tall girl smiled.

But she is alone.

Yoona tilted her head slightly, only to feel a slight disappointment from the absence of the other girl.

Yuri must saw it when she gave Yoona a smile “are you Sooyoung’s friends?”

Yoona gave a polite smile as she answered “well, I don’t think she wants to call me that just yet.”

The other three girls who have no idea about what the conversation about, and the sudden friendly talk between the two, just as well the name Sooyoung which comes out of no where, are all just standing cluelessly with creased all over their temples.

The tall tanned girl chuckled “yeah, I see.” She nodded “anyway,” she added doubtfully, taking a look at her wrist watch “I had this sudden meeting with my homeroom teacher for the upcoming competition.” She added. Giving another doubtful expression before she added “I don’t know if I can make it before break time ended, so..”

“I was wondering,” Yuri said “if you could accompany Sooyoung for a while?” she asked, still with the hind of doubt, and wishing that Yoona could said yes “or ask her to join you guys for lunch?”

The three other girls who are doing nothing but watching the scene turned to watch their bestfriend, with Yoona turned to them, pondering before she nodded.

“Sure.” with a bright smile Yoona answered “she is there, isn’t she?”

Yuri nodded, mirroring the smile “yeah, she is there.”

The creases got deeper and deeper on the three girls.

What’s with the smile?

What’s with ‘there’?

And out of all.. what is has to be with their classmate?

Yuri bids her goodbye, before she runs her way to the teacher’s room.

Where Yoona instantly earning three pairs of questioning’s eyes, their lips parted, ready to attack their bestfriend with floods of question.

“Not now, guys.” Yoona grinned, half running already, turned to face her bestfriend “I will tell you later!” Was all she said before disappearing from their sight.

And only if she knows, or even take time to realize…

That Yoona doesn’t need to discuss, nor thinking..

And she is actually doesn’t spent even a second to decided if she want to ask the latter to join their lunch or accompany the tall girl at the school’s back garden..

She is definitely going for the later..

-----

 

Yoona hold two lunch boxes, which she hurriedly bought in the canteen just earlier.

Yoona was not yet that close with the tall girl to know what kind of food the girl will prefer, which is why, aside from the two lunchboxes, Yoona brought tuna sandwich, chocolate bread, and rice roll in a plastic bag. And all of them, was in the portion for two people to eat.

Yoona easily finds the girl, only to see the tall girl is sitting with the five cats earlier all surrounding her, here and there, earning soft giggles.

It was always so easy for Yoona to smile with the girl around.

“Hey..” Yoona called, making the girl called suddenly stop playing with the cats, turned with a frown.

“Did Yuri tell you to come?” Sooyoung easily concluded.

“Part of it, yes.” Yoona answered honestly “but I want to come as well.” She said, giving a smile while sitting just by Sooyoung’s side, just as honest “I am glad she told me to.”

Sooyoung heaved a sigh, pondering that it was rude to tell the girl to go, but she is a little bit scared, for some reason..

But turning back to the cats, Sooyoung continued playing.

Yoona spots another two cans of tuna, still half eaten, both of it, and two sandwiches near the girl, in between them.

“You’re not eating?” Yoona asked.

“It’s Yuri’s..” Sooyoung spoke “she bought that for us.” she continued “it was rude to eat what she bought while she is not here to eat with me.”

Yoona’s smile brightened “so, since I already bought this much of food..” she said “and I am here,” she continued “let’s eat together, shall we?”

Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “no..” she mumbled “I can’t take it.”

“Why?” Yoona tilted her head slightly “because I am not your friend?”

Sooyoung answered nothing, eyes avoiding Yoona’s.

“..then,” Yoona stretches out her hand “let’s be friend?” she asked, giving the sweetest smile she could give “I want to be your friend.”

Sooyoung’s eyes fall on Yoona’s offered hand, back to the smile the girl gives, and back to Yoona’s hand again.

“..then, tell me what should I do to become your friend?” Yoona tilted her head, this time, closer with Sooyoung’s face, causing the latter’s cheeks to turn slightly pink.

“..I..” Sooyoung mumbled, eyes looking everywhere but Yoona’s “..i’m trouble..”

Yoona’s instantly frowned by the word, putting the lunch boxes as well the plastic bag, before bringing both her hands on Sooyoung’s cheek, getting the girl utterly surprised, reddened both Sooyoung’s cheeks.

“Who told you that?” Yoona’s voice was gentle, upset in the same time.

“..aren’t everybody do?”

“Not me.” Yoona spoke “I want to be your friend.” She smiled “so, Sooyoung.. at least, give me a chance?”

If it was not that Yoona’s hands on her cheeks, Sooyoung might already run away.

It was embarrassing, but her heart racing a little bit out of beats.

“So yes?” Yoona moves closer “I am not going to let you go, until I get my yes.”

Sooyoung swallowed “o-okay..” stutteringly she answered.

Yoona sits with a genuinely satisfied smile “great!” she giggles “so, should we eat now? I have quite a lot. I am a big eater.” She offered the girl a lunch box “but let’s start with this, should we?”

Sooyoung nodded, taking the lunch box from Yoona’s hand, watching the girl starting digging her lunch.

And this is exactly what Sooyoung is afraid for..

The only thing she could find only with Yuri, but now find in someone else..

That Sooyoung is, that she is actually starting to enjoy her classmate’s presence..

Quite a lot than she is intended to..

-----

 

“So, explain!” Tiffany demanded right when she stepped inside Yoona’s house that noon.

“Jezz Tiff..” Yoona mumbled, letting the three girls walk into her house before she shut the door “you should greet me first.”

“We are past that term already.” Tiffany walked mindlessly, immediately reaching Yoona’s room.

First, because she knows that manner is not something she should show toward bestfriend, so basically, hee bestfriend’s house is hers as well.

Second, since Tiffany knows that Yoona’s parents are not home, so yeah, again, just make herself at home.

And last, she badly needs explanation, both from why she doesn’t rejoin them at lunch, and why Yoona offered Sooyoung to walk home together.

“Just sit everywhere, Seo.” Yoona smiled, the girl might not sit at all if Yoona doesn’t tell her to. Out of them, Seo only joined them for hanging out just around months ago. And it was after she got in the relationship with Hyoyeon.

Seohyun chooses to sit on the swivel chair where Yoona usually seated while studying, while the other two girls already sitting on the bed, leaning their back on the bed posts, obviously with minds full of lists about the questions they are about to ask the tall girl.

Yoona rolled her eyes. The two bestfriends of her are being childish. Good to know that she has a girl around her age in the room.

“So, I arrived earlier today at school, right?” Yoona spoke, munching potato chips in between her explanation, seated herself on the edge of the bed “I was walking around the school, garden, and then when I saw her.”

“Her?” Tiffany’s brow creased “which one? Because—“

“Sooyoung.” Yoona cut “I saw Sooyoung.”

“And?” it was Hyoyeon, surely impatient.

“I asked if I could sit with her.” Yoona continued, the story and the munching.

“Did she let you?” Hyoyeon asked when Yoona takes her time in munching, eyes narrowed in a suspicious look.

“Well, not literally.” Yoona answered “but I sit anyway.”

“Yeah, I thought so either.” Hyoyeon mumbled.

“And we talked, until Yuri came.” The tallest girl from the four added “she was calling Sooyoung since class was about to start.”

And again, Yoona stops to shove another piece of potato chip inside .

“Just that?” Tiffany’s left eyebrow raised.

“Yes, just that.” Yoona replied mindlessly “what kind of story do you expected?”

“Gosh, Yoona!! Kwon Yuri was talking to you!”

“She was talking to Hyo almost all the time.” Yoona reminded.

“Jezz, they are in the same club.” Tiffany rolled her eyes “we are talking about the girl you admire who suddenly talk to you.”

Yoona glanced on the quiet girl. Seohyun only gave a small smile while shaking her head.

“How did it feel?” Hyoyeon moved closer to Yoona.

Yoona’s brows furrowed, trying to recall anything she could “hmm, I don’t think I have that much to tell you.” she said “it just feel like I was talking to a not-so-close friend.” She added “just that kind of feeling.”

“Really?” Hyoyeon shot the latter a doubtful look.

“Hmm..” Yoona nodded.

“How about Sooyoung?” Tiffany asked.

Yoona’s temple creased “what about her?”

Tiffany glanced on Seohyun, to Hyoyeon, before she stared back on Yoona.

“Guys, tell me if I am wrong, and truthfully, I believe we all are pretty obvious about this.” Tiffany spoke “but Yoona..” she paused “you were glowing when Yuri asked you if you could accompany Sooyoung for lunch.”

Yoona heaved a sigh “that’s--..”

“And what I couldn’t understand,” Tiffany cut “is that whatever it came from the talk you have with Yuri.” She paused, studying her bestfriend’s expression “or because you just hear Sooyoung’s name.” she shrugged “even if I am sure it was the later.”

“Gezz, I was just being kind.” Yoona answered “she is our classmate, and I just want to be her friends.” she said “besides, we are almost graduating. It will be fun if we could be friends with as much people when we still have a chance to do so.”

Tiffany doesn’t buy it, so does Hyoyeon.

“Guys,” Yoona sighed by the childish teasing smile her two bestfriends are giving “choose whatever you want to believe.”

“Then,” Tiffany spoke with the same smile before Yoona could take a step further from bed “will it make more sense for you that you want to accompany Sooyoung because she is Yuri’s friend?”

Yoona is staring at the three girls in turn “you make it seems like I am using her.”

“Aren’t you?” Hyoyeon asked this time.

“Guys, stop with the talk already.” Yoona said “Sooyoung is so fun to be around.” She added “come on, Seo, let’s watch movie already.”

Seohyun giggled softly, standing up from her seat, followed after the girl.

“Seo..” Hyoyeon whined, standing up as well, hurriedly making her way out from Yoona’s room “wait for me, please..”

And Tiffany followed after.

In no time, all four of them are already occupying the living room, watching the new movie Hyoyeon bought.

They are watching, with Hyoyeon is mischievously poking her girlfriend once in a while, Seo is busy concentrating between the movie and telling her girlfriend to stop, Tiffany never turned her eyes from the TV..

And for Yoona, she was trying hard to keep her eyes on the TV, but it only lasted for minutes before her mind dominated by a picture of a certain girls feeding cats, with her ears listening to soft giggles, and a bunch of thoughts about how to approach the girl tomorrow again.

Unconsciously a smile formed on her lips..

She can’t wait for tomorrow to happen..

She seriously can’t..

-----

 

“Hey,” Yoona cheered, a lot more cheerful than how she usually is when morning came.

“Hey.” Sooyoung glanced with a small smile before shifting her attention back on the cats “you’re early.” She said as Yoona takes a seat by her side.

“Yeah.. and I wonder why.” Yoona smiled teasingly, and she swore, Sooyoung’s cheeks just turned a little bit pink.

Yoona chuckles softly by Sooyoung’s reaction, while the cats are still enjoying their breakfast.

One of the cat, finished with hers before she jumped on Yoona’s lap, earning another chuckles “ah.. I think Ramyeon likes me.” she giggled when the cat her cheek.

“..and it makes me wonder,” Yoona leaned closer to the tall girl, tilting her head until she gets Sooyoung’s eyes on hers “how long does it take to make you like me instead?”

Sooyoung coughed from the thin air, getting another giggles from Yoona.

“I like hanging out with you.” Yoona said honestly “even if I still do most of the talking,” she added “but I really enjoy being around you.” she chuckled by Sooyoung’s reddened face “it feels like I want to stuffed you into my pocket and bring you everywhere with me.”

Sooyoung turned her head, avoiding Yoona’s sweet naughty smile, pretending to play with the cat on her lap instead.

Yoona’s heart pounded, just the way Sooyoung’s heart does, just as oblivious of them about each other’s.

“..then,” and Yoona just can’t stop. She is starting be more than enjoying Sooyoung’s presence, and again, her heart flutter to no end by another awkward gesture the other girl does when she asked “how do you feel having me around?”

“Wha-what?”

Yoona giggled “I asked you, how--..”

“Sooyoung!!”

A tall girl is half way running to their place, making Yoona unconsciously forming a pout, biting the inside of her cheek in disappointment.

“Hey, Yoona.” The girl greeted, sitting right so close with Sooyoung.

“Hey too.” Yoona smiled while nodding slightly, eyeing the sudden closeness between the two. It got her the same feeling she felt when she saw them both holding hands, feels dry, and her chest feel tightened.

“Here, eat before your class.” Yuri handed Sooyoung a wrapped rice roll.

“Where’s yours?” Sooyoung’s brows furrowed. She is not going to eat alone.

“Here.” Yuri grinned to her bestfriend, taking another from her pocket “are you worried that I skip breakfast?” she giggled with her hand playfully messing Sooyoung’s hairs.

Sooyoung is giggling softly. Her bestfriend’s presence brings her comfort that she forget if there is another company then.

Yoona’s lips curved into a smile unknowingly “you should do that often.”

Yoona was a little bit taken aback by her word. Did she just say that out loud?

Sooyoung is so shy that she keeps her eyes on her rice roll, while Yuri is glancing over in between her bestfriend and their new company before she chuckled.

“See,” patting Sooyoung’s cheek gently, Yuri smiled “I told you so.”

The rest 15 minutes they have before class starting are used to either teasing the shy girl or playing with the cat.

Either way, Yoona got to know a little more about her classmate.

Something like Sooyoung is someone easily blushed, or that Sooyoung pretended to avoid her eyes when she is getting all shy, or Sooyoung giggled adorably like a kid.

Then again, whatever it is, Yoona is having way more than fun.

To the point that it ever crossed her mind..

That question,

Wouldn’t it better if it was only her and Sooyoung?