My Beautiful Stranger (3/3)

Our Notebook

“Oppa!” a tall slender woman is walking like a model before she spotted a familiar man waiting for her.

“Hey!” the tall man grinned, returning the hug “long time no see, little sis.”

The girl chuckled “Siwon-oppaa..” she whined “I am hungry..”

Siwon shook his head in disbelief “we haven’t seen each other for almost a year, and the first thing you said to me is you are hungry?” he scolded “Choi Sooyoung, aren’t you going to at least tell me how much you missed me?”

Sooyoung giggled “I miss you too.” She said “so, come on, what should we eat? I don’t think I can wait until we leave the airport.”

Siwon chuckled. Her sister never changed.

Taking Sooyoung’s suitcase, Siwon walked them to one of the family restaurant nearby.

“Let’s eat just anything,” Siwon said “I will take you out for something delicious later for dinner.”

“You are the best.” Sooyoung pecked her brother’s cheek with another grin before walking to the counter and ordered for their food.

As soon as the food served, Sooyoung started digging her burger hungrily.

“Yah, aren’t you feeding yourself well enough at Bali?” Siwon’s brows creased, but taking one from the five burgers for herself.

“Yeah, I just had a long flight.” Sooyoung reasoned “of course I am hungry.”

Siwon shook his head “you are always hungry.”

The tall brunette grinned, devouring her burger and fries like she was starving. She is.

“So,” Siwon took another fries, chewing before he added “what took you home?”

Sooyoung looked up, giving an innocent smile “I miss you, oppa.”

Siwon almost burst out laughing “really, if I didn’t know you enough, I almost fall for that.” He said “come on,” he persuaded “are you keeping secret from your brother?”

Sooyoung seems to think, putting her burger back on her plate, wiping with a napkin, before she spoke hesitantly “I met someone.”

A teasing grin appeared on the handsome man’s face “you are seeing someone?”

“No, oppa. I met someone when I was in Bali.” Sooyoung corrected, face reddened, shyly continued “..she..” she considered before adding “left an impression.”

“Hah!” Siwon put his burger, wiping his mouth “looking at you being embarassed and blushing,” he teased evilly “I could say that it wasn’t just an impression.” He added “and by how you are coming all the way back home,” his left brow raised, showing his dimple similiar to his sister’s “Choi Sooyoung, are you in love?”

Sooyoung’s blushing worsen, throwing her napkin on her brother’s chest “I shouldn’t have told you!”

Siwon laughed, it is rare to see her little sister preoccupied with something or someone. Well, the most important thing that ever occupied her sister’s mind is her work, her dream as a photographer. And Siwon knows enough that Sooyoung is willing to give up everything to chase what she was meant to be, what she wants to be.

This however, having her stubborn little sister, who actually leaving home to pursue something important, are back here at home. Siwon may conclude that something, or someone is more important than her sister’s pride who once said that she would never be home before she could prove herself to be worth it for her father.

“..so, who is this girl?”

Sooyoung’s face reddened when she spoke “I am not telling you more than that.” She said, holding back her burger, throwing a glare to her brother “I am so not going to give you all the satisfaction to tease me.”

Siwon laughed another time. His sister is so cute.

“Right, while you are being all charming and cool with all those random girls,” Siwon spoke, pinching another fries “I am wondering what kind of girl can make you all cute and whiny.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes “I am not cute! And whiny!”

“See!”

“Come on oppa! Why would a cute girl is so awesome like me!”

Siwon laughed “fine, you are awesome, cute, and whiny.”

Sooyoung groaned, but nothing can stop her from taking another bite on her burger “whatever.” She mumbled.

Siwon smiled. Her missed her little sister so much. all his fun was gone when his sister decided to leave home.

“So, are you going to stay at home?”

Sooyoung’s eyes squinted “are you kidding?! They would throw me out even before I take a step inside!”

Siwon sighed “no they won’t. They missed you.” Siwon spoke “besides, you are the one with the decision to leave. They would--..”

“No,” Sooyoung cut “I wouldn’t come home before I become the person dad wants me to be.”

“He wants you to be like him.”

Sooyoung looked over at her brother “right, I mean, being succesful in what I choose to do.”

Siwon shrugged “so, it is decided then,” he said “you are staying with me.”

Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “huh?”

“I have my own house.” Siwon said proudly.

“Hah, you finally decided to move out?”

“Yeah, all the fun were gone when you left.” Siwon said “nobody is making a mess for me to take care of anymore.”

Sooyoung giggled “oh, don’t worry, I have plenty of idea.” She gave a naughty grin.

Siwon growled “don’t you dare.” He said “it was just few weeks since I moved in.”

“So,” Sooyoung spoke after her giggles “why did you decided to move out?”

“..hmm, I am going to get married.”

Sooyoung coughed from her burger. Siwon quickly  pushed her soda, and Sooyoung drink without waiting “married?”

“..hm,,” He nodded, giving a small smiled.

“So, you finally proposed to Dara unnie?”

Siwon’s smile gradually faded.

Sooyoung’s too.

“It is an arrange marriage, isn’t it?” Sooyoung sighed “too bad, I like Dara unnie though.” Sooyoung mumbled “besides, why didn’t you tell me if you are going to get married?”

“..well, I tried.” Siwon replied “it just happened that my sister is not that easy to reach.”

Siwon kept a small smile while watching her sister eat.

“..I tell you, oppa..” Sooyoung spoke, meeting her brother’s gaze “marriage is something you should take seriously. It is about someone you are going to spent the rest of your life with.” She said “are you going to let them decided about that for you too?”

After a short pause, Siwon’s left brow slowly raised “you used to be that little girl who were following me around, asking me to carry you on my back, or begging me to play with you even if I have piles of homeworks to do. And those troubles you got me into,” he shook his head in horror ”you should be grateful that I love you so much,” He spoke gently “but now, you are all grown up, and giving me all this advice like an old wise lady.”

“Hah!” Sooyoung grinned childishly “you are the one who kept wanting to carry me!” Sooyoung defended “and you kept bothering me to play with you even when I was playing with the maids or kids from our neigbourhood!” she said “and troubles? Oppa, you taught me to do that!!”

“Hey, I never taught you too put salt in my cereals!”

“Right, you kept falling for that.” Sooyoung giggled with the memories “I love the face you made.”

Siwon growled “I am going to get even!”

“Don’t you think it is too late for that, oppa~?” Sooyoung said in a sing voice.

“Try me.” Siwon smirked.

Sooyoung chuckled, patting her tummy after her fourth burgers, wiping with another new napkin before she stood up “okay, now, let’s go to the delicious restaurant.” She said cheerfully.

Siwon’t brows creased while watching his sister “now? but you just--..”

“Ah,” Sooyoung stretched her arms, walking out from the restaurant “so hungry..”

Siwon chuckled to himself in disbelief. Right, of course. It is Sooyoung, after all.

-----

 

Sooyoung couldn’t sleep that night. Too excited to meet the girl she is longing to see.

How would Yoona see her? Will she be excited to? Happy? Surprised?

Sooyoung giggled to herself, holding photos of the woman which she took at their dates.

It was a great month, greath memories, great woman.

Sooyoung needed another five weeks looking for the girl only by the photos. And Sooyoung did that all, from social media to private investigator. At least, now she could find the girl.

Im Yoona, the daughter of politician and famous lawyer Im Jonghyun and Im Jaein.

Sooyoung closed her eyes in excitement, too bad she couldn’t jump around for her brother is sleeping across her room.

Right, she needed rest for tomorrow, she will meet the girl who left an impression. A really deep one.

-----

 

Sooyoung is walking inside the sixth story building of JH law firm in awe.

Well, she is expecting this though after reading the girl’s biography, well, most likely her father’s.

Walking confidently to the reseptionist desk by the first floor, Sooyoung smiled to the petite girl.

“Good morning, miss. Can I help you?” the girl asked politely.

“I am here to meet Im Yoona.” Sooyoung said, keeping her small smile.

“Have you made an appointment?”

“Not yet.”

“Okay, can I have your name?”

“Choi Sooyoung.”

“Please hold for a while.” The girl said, and talking to another person through the phone which Sooyoung assumed is Yoona’s personal assistant.

The girl put the phone down before she spoke to Sooyoung again “..miss Yoona is waiting,” she said “you may come to the fifth floor with the elevator.”

“Sure, thank you.” Sooyoung smiled charmingly, earning a soft blush from the young girl before she walked to the elevator.

Sooyoung’s heart is filled with excitement. She can not wait to meet the girl again. The girl who caused her sleepless nights, the girl who occupied her days and nights, the girl who stole her half, the girl who keeps her mind work up, and the very same girl who she admits to fall in love with.

With a stalk of white rose in her grip, Sooyoung walked out from the elevator by the fifth floor.

“Miss Yoona is waiting in her office.” A young woman in her twenties said “her office is  by the right door.”

Sooyoung nodded, giving a small thank you before walking to the said office.

With the stalk of white rose hided on her back, Sooyoung knocked the door with a plate name of Im Yoona in front of it when a faint whispered voiced “come in.”

Sooyoung opened the door, and walked in right immediatelly.

Greeted by the sight of the young woman who occupied her mind endlessly for the past few weeks.

She seems busy, judging by a pair of glasses and her eyes never leaves her paper for whatever she is doing.

“Take a se--..” Yoona’s eyes widened when the sight of Sooyoung come into her “what the hell are you doing here?” she asked in horror.

Sooyoung walked closer, putting the stalk of white rose on Yoona’s table, right in front of her “I missed you.” She smiled “how are you?”

Yoona’s breathing is running hard. Well, of course she doesn’t expect to see this woman here, inside her office.

Yoona is wordless, finding the white rose yet again so sweet and memorable. Her heart for the first time in five weeks starts to melt, and about to give up. But she put a cold face when she said “you are not supposed to come here.” She said as coldly.

It makes Sooyoung sad, but mustering her best effort to smile she spoke “I am just visiting. Are you busy?”

“I am.” Yoona replied almost immediatelly. Almost seems like she is very different person whom Sooyoung knew.

Sooyoung nodded “sorry,” she smiled again “maybe lunch? Or dinner?”

“I am busy.” Yoona said again “and I have no time to play around, Sooyoung.”

Play. That word hurt Sooyoung.

“I am not playing with you.” Sooyoung spoke “we shared something, and we--..”

“We don’t.” Yoona cut “not anymore.” She said “it was an affair.” She added “a vacation. A dream.” Yoona spoke “not anymore Sooyoung. We are in a real world. And just like our deal, it ended.”

Sooyoung is stunned. Almost doesn’t believe that the girl she is talking to is the same Yoona she knew back then.

“..we can catch up..” Sooyoung suggested “how about--..”

“No, I said no!” Yoona’s voice raised a pitch. And it took Sooyoung off guard “we were done, Sooyoung!!” she spoke “how many times do I need to remind you? That there will never be anything between us?!”

Sooyoung is too speechless.

So Yoona does the favor “so, now, if you are done,” she said bitterly “you may leave.”

Sooyoung is frozen. For the first time in her life, someone just told her to walk away. And Sooyoung couldn’t do that.

“Don’t you think that it was unfair?” Sooyoung asked softly “we both feel something. Don’t you think at least we could give it a try?”

“I don’t feel anything.” Yoona answered. Only to bleed the taller girl’s heart “not to you.” Again, and again, mercilessly stabbing the pained heart.

“Because of your parents?”

Yoona is quiet for a while, before she opened her side drawer, handed Sooyoung a big white envelope “because I am going to get married.”

Sooyoung is beyond shocked “ma—married?”

Sooyoung slowly took the invitation from Yoona’s hand, and she yet again had to be surprised by another fact. a painful scary coincidence.

“..ha—have you met him?” Sooyoung asked slowly.

“Of course I do.”

“Do you like him?”

“Yes.”

Yoona’s answer by answer only tore Sooyoung greatly, but Sooyoung asked her final question “do—do you love him?”

Yoona took few seconds before she answered “do you think I will get married without love?”

Sooyoung nodded quietly, putting the invitation back to the table “right,” she mumbled “of course.” She whispered, trying to give a smile which come into weak curve of her lips “congratulation.” She said “wish you happiness.”

Yoona stayed still.

Sooyoung exhaled silently, her teeth clenched “sorry for disturbing.” Sooyoung spoke before she walked out from the door.

Yoona leaned back on her seat. Her eyes closed.

She fights this feeling for the damn five weeks. And there is no differences that tell her is she is near success.

She has fought the urge to look for the girl she met few weeks agao.

She has fought the need of having to hear the girl’s voice.

She has fought the tempetation of running back to her dream, to Bali.

She has fought her all to keep herself sane by working, and working.

And she has accepted the marriage proposal in an effort to forget the only person who ever occupied her being, who ever tore her inside out, who ever bared her soul, who ever stole her breath, and again, who she ever falling in love with.

A tear escaped Yoona’s eyes.

Yoona never thought about how much she wants to see that woman until kissing, hugging, and devouring that young woman inside her office is the only thing she wanted the second she saw Sooyoung walked in.

If only Sooyoung walked back, she might be found Yoona’s biggest secret.

The reason behind that endless tears. And the pain behind that cold mask.

That indeed, Yoona is, as broken as she is.

-----

 

“Come on, Soo!!” Siwon persuaded “how long are you going to stay in bed?”

“Until my flight to Bali in few days.”

“Soo!” Siwon forced the blanket opened, greeted by the sight of her messy  young sister “come out with me.” He said “mom and dad wanted to meet you too.”

Sooyoung sighed, pulling the pillow from her face “liar.”

Siwon chuckled “I am not.” He said “they wanted to meet you the moment I told them that you are home.”

Sooyoung sprawled on the bed, staring at the ceiling “I don’t feel like going anywhere, or doing anything.”

“But you have been staying in the room for two days,” he said “wait, was it three?”

Again, Sooyoung sighed “leave me alone, oppa.” She said, dragging the pillow back to cover her face.

Siwon is frowning. She doesn’t like the sight of her messy sister. She knows her little sister has been crying.

“..what happened?”

Sooyoung mumbled “nothing.”

Siwon scoffed “right, that’s why you’ve been crying days and nights.” He spoke, knowing how much Sooyoung hates people to see her crying.

Instantly, Sooyoung thrown the pillow to her brother’s face “I hate you!” before she rolled on the bed, face on the matress.

Something must be going wrong with the girl Sooyoung was looking for.

“Tonight was my engagement party.” Siwon spoke “I want you there.” He said “and I wish you would push your flight back to Bali until my marriage.”

Sooyoung said nothing.

“Soo?” Siwon called, gently caressing Sooyoung’s back.

“It wasn’t even a real marriage.” Sooyoung replied after the third attempt her brother’s calls.

“Well, real or not, your brother is getting married.” Siwon spoke “and I want my little sister, the only person whom I love the most in the world to be there.”

“Liar.” Sooyoung drawled, turning her head to stare at her older brother who is lying by her side.

Siwon chuckled “please.”

Sooyoung is quiet. Her brother’s eyes meet hers in a pleading manner as if he wants her to be with him through the things he has been going through.

With a weak smile Sooyoung nodded “fine.”

-----

 

The car ride is awfully quiet.

Siwon is driving his car while secretly glancing on the other three passangers by turn in worries.

Well, their father has not said a word to the young girl yet, and their mother keeps glancing at the young stubborn woman and too worried to speak as she knows what she will said. She wants Sooyoung back home, as in for good. But Mrs.Choi is still worried over her husband’s reaction.

So, Mrs.Choi thought that she will meet her younger daughter to have their private talk. A talk between woman and woman, mother and daughter, or whatever her daughter will be comfortable with.

By now, Sooyoung has not turn her head yet from the window.

It doesn’t take long when they arrived at Siwon’s fiance’s house.

Evidently, the house is already packed with important guests. Typical formal event.

The car stopped by the entrance, and they stepped down from the car while one of the security guy took the car key to park the car.

The house is amazingly big. And just the hall alone can be occupied by more than a hundred guests. It sure seems like the politician doesn’t go half way with his daugter’s important event.

The family is walking through the house, and soon enough, they spotted the so called politician, his wife, and his two daughter with the eldest sister’s husband.

“Good night, uncle Im.” Siwon greeted while flashing a smile “Mrs.Im.” and he nodded to the lady “Yoonji-nuna..” he paused when his fiance’s eyes met his “Yoona..”

The girl smiled, giving a nod and a small hi. They seems to know each other quite good, maybe from several dates, but definitely not friendly enough.

Yoona is as usual breathakingly beautiful in her white dress. And as the main actress of the night, Yoona is sure stealing the spot light completely.

But as soon as Yoona’s eyes turned slightly to study her fiance’s family, her eyes widened in surprised for seconds before she is back to her self, the cold and serious Im Yoona.

“Yoona, this is my little sister, Choi Sooyoung.” Siwon said.

Yoona is speechless. She doesn’t even hear any voice from her soon parents-in-law or from her fiance.

“Hello,” Sooyoung spoke so formally, really a lot difference than how Yoona saw the brunette few days ago “nice to meet you.” She smiled after.

Yoona returned the smile awkwardly, shaking that offered hand as awkward.

“Ah, we finally able to meet your daughter.” Mrs.Im spoke with a smile.

Sooyoung greeted the two elders with a soft good night and smiling as often as she could. But never once it reached her eyes.

“We heard that you were spending time in Indonesian, is that right?”

“Yes, Uncle Im.”

“Oh, what are you doing there, Sooyoung?” Mrs.Im asked.

“I am working.” Sooyoung replied “I am working--..”

“In art department.” Mrs.Choi cut with a smile “she is so obsessed with art.” She explained.

Sooyoung glanced at her mother secretly, her father after, before she is staring back at the elder couple across her with another smile.

Yoona doesn’t miss anything right there. Not where she couldn’t keep her eyes away from the tall young brunette.

Not when all she wants to do is to wrap the latter tightly into her arms, and drag her far away from here.

Not when all Yoona wanted to do is to hold the black dressed girl’s hand, and took her back to a place they once owned. Their sanctuary.

The conversation is again go smoothly after Mrs.Choi talked about the engagement, recent events, and so on.

The four elders seem to be good company to each other.

While Siwon seems to look obviously distracted while his hand shoved into his pocket, holding his phone tightly. Deep down, still wishing to hear from a certain woman.

Yoona is still quietly and secretly watching over the girl who stood few steps away from her.

While Sooyoung is avoiding any eye contacts with anyone, looking for a perfect opportunity to slip from the circle.

It doesn’t take long when both Mr. And Mrs. Choi, and Mr. And Mrs. Im are too occupied with their conversation, and few people joined them that Sooyoung found her way to walked away from the elders.

This is not her typical event.

Sooyoung doesn’t even want to be here.

So, walking mindlessly around, Sooyoung saw an opened door that connected to the garden that she slipped away from the room, reaching for fresh air.

Sooyoung is planning to stay there while waiting for her brother and her parents to call it a night, definitely alone.

However, it wasn’t even five minutes when another girl found her way outside.

“..it is cold outside..” the sweet voice spoke, weirdly, warmer than Sooyoung expected.

“It is colder inside.” Sooyoung replied without sparing a glance. Evidently, Sooyoung is not talking about the air con.

They both are sitting on the bench in the garden, smelling fresh air and watching the night sky. Not their first though.

“You didn’t tell me he is your brother.”

“It doesn’t make any difference.” Sooyoung replied.

It does. Yoona turned. Because for once, the only reason she accepted the marriage proposal was to forget about her first love, her only love, to forget the only person, the only woman who ever introduce her to love.

But how come it happened if marrying Siwon means that she will meet the girl more often?

But Yoona said nothing. After what she said to this woman at her office few days ago, does she still have any right to say that?

“Don’t worry.” Sooyoung turned to give a childish grin “I won’t do anything reckless.” She said assuringly “my brother is a good man.” She said “I love him. And if he,” she paused, giving another smile “and you, decided that this is for the best,” she took a deep breath as she whispered “so be it..”

But Yoona doesn’t want to hear that.

Yoona doesn’t want to hear that from Sooyoung.

“You both will make a cute couple though.” Sooyoung chuckled, coming a little bit duller “..just..” she trailled, eyes back to the front “just be happy..” she said.

Yoona can not reply. She knows the moment she opened , she will said that she wanted the girl more than anything, that indeed, Sooyoung is the only she wanted for her marriage instead of the fine man.

“Just because,” Sooyoung whispered again “just because..” she turned, giving a sincere smile for the first time that night “..you deserve that..”

Yoona’s teeth clenched, trying to hold her tears, staying still from jumping into this woman’s lap and kissed her senseless.

“Anyway,” Sooyoung spoke, standing up as she glanced down to the quiet woman “..you look beautiful tonight.” She said softly, sweetly “..not that you didn’t back then,” she added with a teasing smile “..I just want to tell you that, for the last time..” she mumbled softly.

With no word coming as reply, Sooyoung smiled to herself, staring at the woman who fills her dream throughly, trying to capture the face and draw it for eternity inside her head, carving the name, and the only Im Yoona inside her heart “Yoona,” she called softly “see you around..”

And without waiting for anything from Yoona, not word, not action, for Sooyoung knows that it will break her greater, she left.

Leaving the only woman who has her own tears falling.

The moment Sooyoung left, just like the last time she did, Yoona felt a big hole inside her heart that she knows that nobody, nobody can even make it whole, and nobody can never make it fine, nobody but Sooyoung..

-----

 

“You look beautiful,” Yoonji said to her sister, bringing Yoona back from her daydreaming “well, might be prettier if instead that frown,” she added “you are putting a smile for the day.”

Yoona chuckled softly “thank you, unnie.” She said “you are beautiful yourself.”

Yoonji smiled to her little sister, knowing the young girl like her own self she asked “so, what’s bothering you?”

Yoona glanced on her sister’s reflection through the mirror, her sister is staring back. There is no use of lying. And Yoona knows that.

“..nothing,” but she still tried, giving up after a second “or maybe too much that I can not.. think..” Yoona probed.

Yoonji exhaled, guiding her sister gently to the big couch in the room before she seated by her sister’s side “..you know, since your engagement party, Yoona,” Yoonji spoke “you seem disturbed..”

Yoona said nothing, avoiding her sister’s eyes.

“Well, in fact, ever since your trip to Bali,” Yoonji said again “you are a lot more,” she paused “how do I say this,” she mumbled “unfocused.”

Yoona turned to meet her sister’s gaze “..I am busy with work,” Yoona said “you know--..”

“Don’t use work as an excuse.” Yoonji cut “you know we are talking about your marriage.” She said “or maybe you want to explain why you were locking yourself in your room for few days after you were back from your trip? Or maybe the sudden silence you are giving us a lot more recently? Or maybe about why you accept this marriage proposal thoughtlessly?”

Yoona sighed again. She is doing that a lot lately. But her sister knows her better than anyone else.

“..you said dad and mom know what best for us.” Yoona whispered, Yoonji listened “..that’s why, this time too,” she mumbled softly “I try to trust them.” She said, looking up to her sister when she added “but why does this feels so wrong, unnie?” she asked wearily “why does it feels like something is missing? Why does it feels like this whole thing is just—feel so bad?”

“Yoona..” Yoonji called, caressing her sister’s cheek lovingly “what happened?”

Yoona once again looked up to her sister’s eyes, finding nothing but gentlessness “..I..” Yoona stammered “..unnie,” she whispered brokenly “..I think.. I think I am in love..”

Yoonji gasped “..but—but with who?” she asked, she never saw her sister going out with someone before “was it someone you met in your trip?”

Yoona nodded slowly.

“..was it..” Yoonji hesitantly asked “a girl?” knowing much about her sister’s heart.

Yoona nodded again.

Yoonji exhaled silently “why didn’t you tell me?” she asked her sister gently “why did you accept this whole thing then?”

“You know how mom is,” Yoona replied in soft sobs “she will go mad and—and upset if—if she finds out!”

“But Yoona,” Yoonji gently caressing her sister’s arm “this is your life,” she said “are you going to let them choose for you?”

“You let them do that to you.”

Yoonji smiled weakly “you know, the only reason why I accept my marriage was because I knew Minhyuk before, and because he is my childhood friend.” She added “and because I like him.” She continued “I love him now, though.” She smiled gently.

Yoona is being quiet.

“..Yoona,” Yoonji called, making her little sister to meet her gaze again “..this marriage, you are going to live with someone for what--? Twenty years? Fifty? Or maybe seventy?” she said “I can say that Siwon is a good man,” Yoonji said “but can you see your future with him? Can you tell yourself that you will be happy?” she said as softly “..because you at least deserve that..”

Yoona’s tears are falling uncontrollaby.

Her conversation with a certain brunette keep replaying inside her head. Forcing the whole air from her lungs, begging for Sooyoung instead.

The lips, the touches, the warmth, the smiles, the teasing, the playfulness, the unexpected, everything about Sooyoung.

And she has been lying to herself because when she sees her future, Sooyoung is every single of the pictures.

“What should I do, Unnie?” Yoona asked desperately, frustrate.

“I can’t tell you what to do Yoona.” Yoonji replied “just do what you know will give you true happiness.”

Her happiness only contains Sooyoung, nothing more, nothing less.

The room is silence except for the sobbing from the soon to be married woman before a knock disturb their peace.

Yoonji is walking to get the door while Yoona hastily wipe her tears.

“Someone delivered this earlier,” a maid came with a big canvas covered in brown paper “she seems like she is in hurry, saying that she has a plane to catch,” she explained “so she asked me to give this to Miss Yoona.”

“Thank you, Eunhae..”

The maid took her leave, but not before leaving the present and a white envelope.

For my beautiful stranger.

It was what written on the white envelope.

Yoonji carried both, and placed them beside Yoona’s.

Yoona took the latter, and the image of Sooyoung instantly fill every corner of her head.

A weak smile curved on her lips.

 

Hey, you my beautiful stranger,

For once and all, forgive me for my thoughtless decision to send this to you. The letter and the present I mean. I mean no harm, and I have no intention of ruining your big day.

That is why, Yoona, I can not present in your wedding. Not with the fact that in a little less than an hour, you will become someone else’s woman, and I had nothing to do to make it right, to make you mine.

So again, I am sorry.

I know it is so selfish of me, by running away from something I should have faced. But again, the fact that you will become my sister in law, broke me endlessly, and I can not bear with it no more.

I am leaving. To a place I know will give me back my peace. Maybe too much with the thought of you, but not something I can do much about. But Yoona, sorry for leaving.

I know you will hate me. But I might not be able to meet you soon, not in the mean time. It will take time to get over you. Maybe forever. But then, if you give me cute nephews or nieces, I might come back someday.

 Yoona bit her lower lip, trying to hold her tears. Did Sooyoung cry while writing this too?

So, like I respect your decision of leaving ‘us’ as memories, I wish you will hate me less for my attempt of a little distance from you.

I know we will become a family. And our meetings in the future may be unavoidded. But for a while, I am just asking for some time to get my peace back, until I am ready to meet you, and maybe that time it will hurt less by calling you sister.

Yoona, I just want you to know that you indeed, and so far has been the most beautiful memories of mine, and I will always cherish them.

Yoona, I came back to Seoul for you. And I was so determinate to fight for you. For anything, anyone.

But again, it wasn’t entirely my decision. A relationship will only work if two person are willing to take the risk. And Yoona, you choose yours. and as much as I am broken, knowing it wasn’t me, I will always wish for your happiness.

Yoona, for the last time, and maybe the real first time, I want you to know..

I want to tell you, that I, Choi Sooyoung, is completely and madly in love with you..

Yoona, so much that I can not bear being so close to you without touching you, kissing you, claiming you as mine, not without breathing of you, or staring at you like you belong to me.

Hey, girlfriend, good bye..

Until then..

 

From your crazy girlfriend in Bali.

 

By the way, take this as a present from me. Happy wedding day, Yoona. be happy, always and forever.

 

Yoona couldn’t stop her tears.

Not even after comforting words from her sister.

With her trembling hand, Yoona tore the brown paper that covered the big canvas.

And there her tears falling more.

It was a picture of a lady from behind, wearing a blue yellow sundress, sitting on the white sand, across the ocean. The girl has her head turned a little and a smile was evident from her corner of her lips through her shoulder. By the very edge of the picture was a sign of initial S.Y.

Sooyoung must took this picture secretly in one of their dates.

A small smile found its place in Yoona’s tearful eyes. Good memories.

Yoonji must have took the sight of the sigh before she looked over at her sister, giving an questionable look.

Yoona nodded weakly “unnie,” she whispered as her eyes turned back to her picture “..I am in love with Choi Sooyoung..” she whispered with a small smile “..it is Choi Sooyoung..”

Yoonji is definitely surpised by her sister’s confession.

Yoonji hold Yoona’s hand, gently squeezing “what are you going to do, Yoona?”

Yoona glanced on the picture, the latter, and back to her sister. Her mind is arguing with her heart, and Yoona is in so much despair.

“..I want to be happy..” Yoona finally whispered, wiping her tears lightly, she mumbled again “unnie, I want to be happy..”

-----

 

Sooyoung’s eyes is scanning through the airport waiting lounge. From the family after family, couples, those who travel alone. She sighed. How long does she needs to wait.

Right, her flight is still in couple of hours.

Evidently, running away from the church to avoid watching the love of her life slipped away from her hold.

Sooyoung couldn’t do it. For the very fist time in her life, Sooyoung finally found someone to fight for aside from her dream. Someone she wanted to fight together with to reach their dream together. But Sooyoung knows that it wasn’t all her decision.

She fell, and Sooyoung is understanding enough to understand that if the girl doesn’t love her, Sooyoung has no ability to force anyone to stay with her.

No matter how dying she is to spent the rest of her life with the woman.

So, instead of feeling gloomy with the sight of happy families or romantic couples, Sooyoung took her phone, listening to some music through ear plugs.

Having her eyes closed, Sooyoung wished that this is just temporary pain.

What a lie.

But Sooyoung doesn’t have that much options except to assure herself over and over that she indeed, is okay.

She is fine.

She is an adult, a mature woman. And as much as a rejection hurt her, Sooyoung can deal with that.

Taking a deep breath, Sooyoung listened to the song after song, waiting for her flight to Bali.

It was then, in complete surprised, a pair of lips took her aback by pressing on hers, hard and demanding.

Sooyoung’s eyes shot opened, having the sight now the very familiar woman sits on her lap, grabbing her face and kissing her harder than ever.

Sooyoung is kissing back instictively.

They are panting when they pulled, as the girl slowly opened her eyes to meet Sooyoung’s confusion.

“..what?” Sooyoung mumbled, turning left and right “was the wedding over?” Sooyoung’s temple creased. That’s fast.

“Not yet.” The tall woman replied “I believe they just started.”

Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “and how can the wedding still on when the bride is here?” she asked “Yoona, what are you doing here?” she asked when slowly regain her conssiousness.

Yoona smiled, never pulled her hands from Sooyoung’s cheek, pressing her lips again lightly this time “..I will never let you leave me again..”

Sooyoung frowned “you were the one who walked out last time.”

A smiled curved on Yoona’s lips “right, sorry.” She apologized, leaning for another kiss. This is addicting “it won’t happen again.” She promised.

Sooyoung’s brow raised “okay, that doesn’t explain why you said there is still a wedding.”

Yoona grinned “appearantly, your brother knew about us.” She explained “he said it was obvious since he saw us at the engagement party.” She added “so when I came to apologize to him that I can not marry him, he is being understanding.”

Sooyoung nodded. That sounds like her brother.

“He knew that if the marriage was canceled, our family will face a great embarassment.” Yoona continued “and taking this chance,” she added “he said that he will marry the girl she ever loved.” She smiled softly “the only girl he ever wanted to marry.”

Sooyoung gasped “Dara unnie..”

“And Sooyoung,” Yoona gave a naughty smirk “because of you, I am not, in a really, as in a really big trouble..”

Sooyoung grinned, wrapping her arms tightly around Yoona’s waist, pulling the girl closer “I am trouble.”

Yoona chuckled “you are,” she agreed “mine only though.” She said, slidding her arms through Sooyoung’s neck.

Sooyoung nodded with a childish grin “I love you.”

Yoona giggled as she buried her face on Sooyoung’s neck “I love you too.” She whispered for the very first time.

“So, are you coming with me?” Sooyoung asked hopefully.

“I have no where to go.” Yoona shrugged “you know I can’t go back to my home for at least few..dekades..” she joked. For a while maybe.

Sooyoung pulled the woman closer, hugging tighter. Yoona is giggling.

“We will fight this together.” Sooyoung said “we will.”

Yoona nodded, resting her temple on Sooyoung’s “we will..”

“But, let me see your hand.” Sooyoung said.

Yoona said nothing as she pushed both her hands to Sooyoung.

No wedding right.

Sooyoung gave another grin when she unwrapped her arms around Yoona’s waist, taking off her necklate before she took off the liontin. It was a ring.

And Sooyoung silently slipped the ring to Yoona’s ring finger.

Yoona chuckled “you are not going to propose?”

“Hey, you come all the way to the airport for me!” Sooyoung spoke “of course you will say yes.”

“Really?” Yoona asked challangingly, arms back around Sooyoung’s neck “try me.”

Sooyoung chuckled, gently asking Yoona to stand on her feet, before she is up herself.

“IM YOONA, WILL YOU MARRY ME?” Sooyoung screamed loudly, earning sudden silence from the waiting passengers.

“Will you?” Sooyoung tilted her head with a childish grin to the shocked quiet woman.

This crazy woman!!

Tears are pooling on Yoona’s eyes, jumping right into Sooyoung’s embrace as she whispered “I do!!” again and again “I do!!”

-----

 

4 years later...

“So, your cafe is ready to re-open by Saturday.” A tall tanned woman said, scribbling on her note book “I will get my workers to do some finishing by tomorrow, and cleaned up after.”

“Okay.”

“And again, I apologize for the inconvenient for the delay---..”

“Yuri, I told you it is fine. Besides, it was only two weeks longer. I can tolerate that much.”

Yuri sighed, smiling “and thank you for trusting me with your cafe interior this time, Yoona.”

Yoona is smiling back “yeah, Sooyoung seems to like your work too much.” she said “she recommended you though. A lot.”

Yuri smiled. Sooyoung is her college buddy.

Yoona is watching around the second floor of the small cafe of hers. Just four months ago, this is the place where she and her wife were sleeping, living.

With a smile where memories brought her, Yoona is full with warmth and love.

The very same house they bought four years ago after their marriage in Vegas. The very same place they started their lifes as marriage couple with a new business.

Yoona found out that Sooyoung has started working since college, and has been saving up since then. So when they were married, Sooyoung offered to buy a small house where they can live and opened a small cafe at the same time, much to Yoona’s delight.

Yoona obviously rejected it at first. But their parents unaccaptance to their rushed secret marriage can not do much. Yoona was left with nothing. With a promise to repay, Yoona took the offer. And so, leaving her career as a lawyer before it even started, Yoona become a chef of her own small cafe.

Sooyoung was still working as a photographer that time, but when there was not job, Sooyoung stays at the cafe, helping as much as she could. Yoona is beyond grateful.

The cafe started as a small coffee shop with snacks and foods to orders and variety of drinks and juices. There used to be just five employees including the couple, but now, even when there are eleven of them, they could barely take a seat. And again, Yoona is much more grateful.

And just a year ago, they could afford a small house in a good and peaceful neighborhood, and decided that it was time to expand the cafe by reconstruck the second floor and to move out to a new enviroment.

And all of that, thanks to their hardworking, and Yoona’s exceptional ability in cooking. Never once they  predict that their cafe could be one of the most popular hanging out places in the neigborhood.

Now, instead of a small cafe, they owned a two floor cafe. And a house as that mattered. And right, there is still one place. Sooyoung’s treasure.

“...I hope you can come by Saturday for the re-opening.” Yoona smiled “and bring your girlfriend, of course.” She said “we have new variety of drinks and foods.”

Yuri chuckled “right, Seo will definitely come. Never once I saw her loving burger that much.” her temple creased “after she tried yours, she could barely stop talking about it.”

Yoona giggled “yeah, I know.” She said, remembering each encounters to Yuri’s girlfriend. The girl always bring up a talk about burger of her cafe “Sooyoung loves it too.” Her smile softened by the image of her yet sweet loving wife.

Yuri laughed softly “that woman loves anything edible!”

“Very true.” Yoona agreed, giggling by a picture of her childish wife inside her head.

“It is a good thing that she is patient enough to push her dream over yours,” Yuri said with a soft smile “I heard your hardships.” She added “and it is such a fortune that your cafe is a success.”

Yoona’s smile is gradually dissapeared “what do you mean?” her temple furrowed.

“Huh?” Yuri tilted her head in confusion “she said you love cooking.” She added “and it was always be your dream to open a restaurant.”

“Yeah.” Yoona hesitantly nodded “it is.” She said “but what do you mean about ‘pushing her dream over mine’?”

“Ah,” Yuri grinned “I knew her since college, and she has always been so obsessed to show her father, that she indeed can become successful by her career of her choice.” She explained “she has been working hard since college,” pausing only to chuckle “I honestly didn’t expect such a determination from someone who had a motto of work hard and play harder,” she giggled, earning a smile from Yoona “but, she has been saving up since college, because one day, she said she will have her own gallery.” Yuri said “where people can see the beautiful in what she see.” She ended, quoting few words from her friends.

Yoona is nodding quietly. In their four years marriage, this is the first time she heard about this.

“That’s why I got a little bit taken aback when she called me four years ago and telling me that she wanted my help for the interior design of her cafe.” Yuri spoke. She was helping Sooyoung that time, considering that they still has not much income.

“I see.” Yoona nodded again, slowly.

Yuri took a breath, studying Yoona’s expression before she asked “you didn’t know?”

Yoona looked up, giving a small smile while shaking her head lightly.

“Am I not supposed to tell you?” Yuri’s eyes narrowed.

Yoona chuckled “it is fine.” She said “not that I think it will matter for her.”

Yuri nodded knowingly, standing up “so, Yoona, see you later.”

Yoona is smiling back, standing up “right, see you by Saturday.”

Yuri chuckled “okay, Saturday.”

 

As soon as Yuri is leaving, Yoona seated back on her previous seat, her eyes carefully studying each details of the cafe.

There are few photos Sooyoung took that decorated her cafe.

But Yoona’s favorite is the one by the stairs wall. It was the photo of hers sitting on the beach. The one that supposed to be her wedding present. It is still is though.

Yoona chuckled softly.

Memories after memories are wonderful with Sooyoung.

Of course they had their ups and downs. And just like every couple be, they experieced hardships. But together, they overcome everything.

These past few months however, the situation with their parents are gradually become better. Maybe mostly because the elders know that they can do nothing much about it anymore. They are already married anyway.

Having her eyes closed, Yoona took a deep breath before her eyes back opened, wearing a small smile.

Right, now, now, let’s see that adorable wife of hers though.

 

Yoona is driving her car to a familiar path she used to pass a lot these few months.

She knows where Sooyoung is. Sooyoung is definitely there.

Less than 20 minutes driving, Yoona arrived at a small building painted in black and white. Yoona parked her car across the street, which is a little bit packed for it was shopping area.

A smile appeared on Yoona’s face as she saw the very familiar girl is standing in front of the building with two men and seem too occupied with their conversation.

Taking her phone, Yoona scroll down before she called the girl.

Hey hon!”

“Hey too.” Yoona replied, seeing the only woman from three excused herself for few steps further “hon,” she called lovingly “where are you?” she asked, her eyes is staring through her window car.

At the gallery.” The voice responded “are you still at the cafe?”

“No.” Yoona replied, wearing a grin “have you had lunch?”

“Yes, I had.” The woman replied “where are you?”

Yoona’s eyes never leave the tall figure, and her grin can not washed out that her cheeks hurt. She is staring for too long when the woman call her again.

Hon? Where are you? Are you fine? Do you—

“I am home.” Yoona cut, eyes lovingly studying every features of her wife’s. She is indeed home. Everywhere with her wife is home. Her wife is home.

Home?” the voice asked uncertainly “how about your meeting with Yuri? Did it turn out well?””

“Yes, it was fine.”

There is a short pause before that voice asked worriedly “Oh, are you okay, baby? Are you tired?”

Again, Yoona seems to be drown too deep when staring into her wife that the woman asked again.

Yoona, hon? Are you still there?”

Yoona grinned silently. Why does listening to this woman voice can feel this good.

“Hmm..”

But the girl from the other line doesn’t seem to buy it “hey, are you sure? Take your rest.” She said “I am going home now.”

“Huh?” But before Yoona can reply, the line already ended.

Yoona chuckled, throwing her phone to the other side of the seat, still watching her adorable wife seem to excused herself from the two man before she stopped a cab.

She is really going home.

With another smile, Yoona the car’s engine, and driving back home to meet her wife. She can not wait.

 

Yoona parked her car in front of their small house before she walked through the small garden to the front door.

There are still less flowers. And they are planning to plant something later, maybe when they both were less busy in few weeks.

They just moved in for four months, so their house still smelled fresh and new. However, nothing beat the smell of home.

Yoona stepped into the house, and expectedly greeted by the sight of worried frowning Sooyoung.

“You said you were home.” Sooyoung scolded immediatelly, standing up from the couch of their small living room “but how come I arrived--..”

Yoona crushed her lips on Sooyoung’s as she throws herself into her wife’s embrace, hugging tightly, kissing harder.

Sooyoung is instictively catching the girl, kissing as passionately.

It caused Sooyoung to lose her balance that she fell seated on the couch. It doesn’st stop Yoona from kissing though, instead, Yoona deepened their kiss with her arms around Sooyoung’s neck pulled the girl closer.

Sooyoung giggled when they parted, breathing hard “..are we celebrating something?”

Yoona shook her head, resting her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder “I just missed you.”

Sooyoung escaped another giggles “it seems like you missed something from me.”

Yoona pulled, grinning “well, that too.”

Sooyoung laughed “hey, we just made love early this morning!”

“It was a quickie!” Yoona defended.

Sooyoung laughed another time “how come it was a quickie when you came twice!!”

Yoona’s face flushed, lightly landed a hit on Sooyoung’s chest, biting Sooyoung’s jaw in embarassment.

Sooyoung giggled, tightened her hug “I missed you too, hon.”

Yoona buried her face on Sooyoung’s cheek before slowly she pull apart, arms still loosely hanging around Sooyoung’s neck. Yoona is staring into that loving brown orbs. Seconds, minutes. It feels like she could do it forever. It was enough for Yoona to know everything Sooyoung ever did for her. She is indeed thankful, and always is for having such a sweet loving wife as Sooyoung.

Marrying this adorable sweet woman is so far the best things in Yoona’s life.

“What?” Sooyoung’s eyes narrowed.

“..I love you, Soo..” Yoona whispered.

Sooyoung’s grin widened. She loves to hear that from Yoona. always. “I love you too, Yoona.”

They chuckled after, hugging.

“Oh, right, hon, before I forget,” Sooyoung spoke “Siwon oppa asked invited us to their house next week, on Sunday.”

Yoona pulled slightly, her lips are trailing on Sooyoung’s jaw and neck “hmm..”

“It—it is Minho second birthday.” Sooyoung moaned “Da-Dara unnie told me that—that it is just a family dinner..” Sooyoung groaned “Yoona.” she called huskily, getting harder to focus on their talk.

“Hmm..” Yoona absenmindedly trailing her teeth and tongue this time. Tasting Sooyoung’s skin. Hands already dissapeared under Sooyoung’s clothes. A smile curved on her lips. Ever since her IVT prochedure, she is getting a lot more hormonal than before.

Right, after she got her assurence from her doctor early today, it is the right time to tell Sooyoung.

“..and—and.. Dara unnie, to-told me to—to give Yoonji unnie a call..” Sooyoung’s eyes closed, enjoying Yoona’s touches “and—and to invite her to the—the dinner..” she mumbled “and—and Minhyuk oppa, and-and Minho was—was asking to make sure to bring his playmate Jonghyun and Taemin..” Sooyoung groaned, vaguely remembering her conversation with her nephew “and—and asked your sister, if—if, she is still not—not allowed to eat beans during her pregnancy this time..”

“Yoona..” Sooyoung growled when she realized that her top already peeled off during their conversation.

Yoona pulled slightly, earning a confused stare from the so burning Sooyoung.

But Yoona’s eyes are carefully scanning every inch of these smooth skin that belong to hers. Hers.

And her fingers are lightly tracing the word imprinted on Sooyoung’s skin, just under her left . Yoona’s lips curved a smile. Yoona’s.

“I love to know that you are mine.” Yoona spoke “and love it more to know that this remind me every time I peeled your clothes off.”

Sooyoung chuckled, taking off Yoona’s top as she saw her name. They got it on their first month after their sudden marriage in their honeymoon.

“I love these too.” Sooyoung whispered, bended to place a light kiss under Yoona’s .

“You shouldn’t stop.” Yoona said, eyes wondering all over Sooyoung’s bare chest.

“I thought we are going to talk.” Sooyoung’s left brow raised.

“Hmm.. we can do it while talking.”

Sooyoung giggled “we can?” she asked teasingly “I thought we are going to get our mouth full?”

Yoona mirrored her wife’s giggles, blushing.

With a small smile on her face, granting Sooyoung’s wish for their fifth anniversary, where Sooyoung has been silently wishing and hoping after she saw their sister’s and brother’s families. And Sooyoung wants one of her own, as much as Yoona does.

With a sweet loving smile, Yoona leaned in as her fingers never stop moving on Sooyoung’s body, whispering sweely sedutive “..Sooyoung, I am pregnant..”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened, before a huge grin again appeared on her face “so.. we—we are going to have mini Sooyoung soon?”

Yoona giggled, but hesitating before she replied “or mini Yoona.”

This time Sooyoung giggled “that works for me too!” She crushed her wife into yet another tight hug “Yoona, this is perfect!!!”

Yoona chuckled. Happy to see that huge smile on her wife’s face.

“Wait, so..” Sooyoung pulled, eyes brightly twinkling “what about names? Should we start preparing?”

“Sooyoung, the baby is not even a month yet.” Yoona spoke “we could barely know the gender.”

“Right,” Sooyoung giggled childishly “then, should we prepared a boy and a girl name?” Sooyoung hummed “or two for each, in case we have twin?” she mumbled “or maybe three, just by any chance we have triplet?”

Yoona smiled to herself.

This side of Sooyoung is hell cute. She will be a good mother.

Yoona put both her hands on Sooyoung’s cheeks, trying to get the latter’s attention back.

“Baby, think about it later.” Yoona whispered, lingering her lips on Sooyoung’s “we.. are pretty busy now..”

Sooyoung’s lips curved “..are we?”

“Hmm..” Yoona hummed “..now, now, Choi Sooyoung,” Yoona whispered to Sooyoung’s ear “you better keep your eyes on me, and your body better be prepared for me..” she said “I know that few months from now, I will have to share you.” She said “but now that I don’t have to, yet,” she gave a naughty smirk “I will make sure that I efficiently using my time with you.. every single time..”

 

 


 

 

a/n: Hey, I will be on another trip by 25th, so maybe I won't be able to update for a while.

so, this may be too early, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

I want to say thank you for those who are reading my stories, upvoted, subscribed, and even commented.

thank you very much. ;) Happy reading ;D