First Love

Our Notebook

“Hey..”

A familiar voice calls from the other line.

“Yes, hey to you too.”

“Umm.. so..” the girl asked hesitantly “has you ask your sister?”

She was responded with a sigh before her friend replied “well, shouldn’t you at least ask about me first?”

“Seo...”

Seohyun giggled “jezz, look at you,” she sighed again “well, unnie said it’s okay though.”

“Really!!!”

Seohyun giggled upon her bestfriend excitement “you are over excited.” She pointed out the obvious.

“You are really amazing!!” the girl praised ignorantly “I love you Seo!!”

Seohyun chuckled “you don’t.”

“Oh, well, I love your sister more.”

“Yoona!!” Seohyun scolded her bestfriend directness.

“What?! I am just being honest!!” Yoona replied without guilt.

Seohyun laughed when she hears her bestfriend is giggling on the other line. She couldn’t believe that she is helping her bestfriend to hook up with her sister.

“Oh God..” Yoona mumbled on the other line “I couldn’t believe this..”

Seohyun shook her head lightly. She could feel her bestfriend’s sincerity every time that brunette mention her sister’s name.

And if her sister ever find someone to spent the rest of her life with, Seohyun will be pleased and in peace to know that the person is unfeignedly in love with that woman she loves.

“..thank you..” Yoona mumbled softly.

Seohyun smiled to herself “..we have discussed this..” she said “so you know the rule to date my sister.”

“Oh, you are such a protective little sister..” Yoona groaned.

“Oh, you should try being me.” Seohyun shrugged “my unnie got it worse.”

“You are younger!” Yoona reasoned out “and—and I don’t want to be you, because then, I won’t be able to--..”

“Okay, I don’t even want to know.” Seohyun cut, earning soft giggles from her friend.

“Fine, fine..” Yoona spoke “I won’t hurt your lovely unnie..” she said, her cheeks turned pink when she added in playful tone “and I will love her though anything, and—and..”

“Yoona!”

The girl giggled again “what!!?”

“You can do the confession right to the person!”

“Okay!!” Yoona laughed.

Seohyun shook her head “Yoona..” Seohyun called when the latter’s calmed down “..do you mind if I ask you something?”

“Shoot..”

“..hmm.. how long have you been.. in love with unnie?”

Yoona seems to be silent for a moment before she replied “I don’t know, I guess..” she said “things just happen.” She added “two and half years ago, I would be coming to your house for group projects and studying together.. I saw her first there..” she mumbled, face all red. If only Seohyun saw, she might be teasing her bestfriend again.

“I admire her.” Yoona continued “both from your stories about her, and from what I look before my eyes.” She added, sparing a while of silence “I am falling before I knew..”

“Oh well, your stories are obviously in her favor since you love her so much.”

“She is my only family.”

“I know. She took responsible since she was young, taking care of you, and even working to pay both for your living..” Yoona spoke softly “she is always smiling, protecting you, and loving you despite all the pressure of being your sister and parent in the same time,” Yoona smiled a little “and that’s why I want to--..” she cleared awkwardly “ya—yah.. stop talking about me!” she whined.

“What?” a teasing smile touches Seohyun’s lips “are you about to say that you want to protect my sister and loving her with all your heart?”

“Ya—yahh!!”

Seohyun laughed “well, that’s cute.” She said “I never expected it from you though.” She continued with the teasing “and to my unnie to be exact.”

“Seo!”

“Seohyun!! Are you on phone?” a voice from outside the door called, and a head slipped in between the open door “it’s time to sleep.” She raised both brows “it is past ten already.”

“Ne, unnie..”

“Your unnie is there?” Yoona squealling from the line.

“It is just Yoona.” Seohyun answered “I will hang up in five minutes.”

The tall woman is walking inside the room, planting a kiss on Seohyun’s temple “okay..” she smiled gently “say hello to her for me, and tell her to come before 9, she can have breakfast with us.”

“Nee..”

The woman is walking out from her sister’s room, and as soon as the door closed, Seohyun’s ear filled with her friend’s excited voice.

“Did she say something for me?!!” Yoona asked hopefully.

Seohyun smiled softly, her bestfriend is really something “she said hello to you.. and she invited you for breakfast tomorrow.”

Yoona is obviously over excited, again.

Seohyun can hear her friend’s voice echo though her studio room apartment. Luckily, Yoona is living alone. Both her parents are living in Japan for work.

“Yoona?”

“I think I am dying of happiness!!”

Seohyun chuckled “oh, you might don’t want to miss tomorrow.”

“Exactly!!!” Yoona claimed almost immediatelly “I will be there early in the morning!!”

“Before 9..” Seohyun reminded.

“Fun spoiler..” Yoona mumbled.

“I hear that.”

“Fine, fine..”

Seohyun giggled “Yoona, I need to be on bed now.”

“Aren’t you?”

“Yoona!! I mean sleeping!!”

Yoona giggled “okay, okay.. good night, Seo.. see you tommorrow!!”

“Right, see you tommorow too!”

-----

 

Yoona is standing in front of a small house, the house she has been visiting a whole lot in the last almost three years.

She is walking past the small garden.

Seohyun enjoys flower. This garden is mostly taken care by none other than the younger girl, it was after her mother was not there to do the job. The garden was first owned by their mother, and when her mother was gone, Seohyun took the job while her older sister was working her off for their living.

That bestfriend of her has been living with her older sister since two years ago. Yoona remembers about the first meeting with Seohyun’s family that time. Her parents are really friendly, and they are obviously the more happiest family in the world.

Small house, perfect family.

An accident happened when Seohyun was just in her third grade of high school. Yoona still remembers how broken her bestfriend was. But her sister was always there. The older Choi was making sure that their life could go on.

Of course their parents were leaving an amount of money for their children, both from their saving or insurance. But none of it healed the broken hearts.

Yoona has been here for awfully a lot, starting from a simple gesture to comfort her bestfriend, and for sure, one day, without realizing it, Yoona founds herself is watching the oldest Choi, wishing that she could heal the brunette’s brokeness.

She had saw the tears falling from the older girl’s eyes once, and she vowed to never, ever, let the brunette falling misarably ever again. No tears, no pain.

Yoona smiled to herself. It is few months left until their graduation, and Yoona finally took the change to tell Seohyun the truth about her feeling to Seohyun’s sister few days ago.

Yoona sighed. Seohyun only smiled a little that time while saying “..finally, I start to think that you might not coming there at all..”

To say Yoona is shock was an understatement, and Seohyun would reply like it was the most obvious thing in the world “..you might want to make it less obvious. I have been constantly catching you staring at her countless times, and I even saw her photos in your phone!!”

Yoona swore that her face was bright red when Seohyun told her that “I locked it up!!”

And it is pretty easy to guess the password, isn’t it?” Seohyun was staring weirdly at her bestfriend “for God sake, Yoona.. She is my sister, do you think I won’t remember her birthday?”

Yoona sighed in desperation and embarrasment “she is in the age to date anyway, unnie is 24.” Seohyun giggled upon Yoona’s red face “and if she does, I want to make sure that the person she dates is someone who love her more than anything.” The younger Choi added “and Yoona, you are so dead if you broke her heart.”

It was embarassing, but Yoona can laughed it up by now. She is still nervous though, a lot more nervous. Because officially, she just got a permission to court the older Choi from her sister.

Yoona is standing on the door step, glancing on her watch. It is just 8.10, but Yoona is excited.

Yoona is just standing up there, waiting until it is more to ‘before nine’, like how she was told to before knock the door, while once in a while checking her camera that hanging around her neck, and constantly fix the straps of her bagpack.

But the door open just a while after.

“As expected.”

Yoona saw her bestfriend is standing on the other side of the door.

“You should have knocked.” Seohyun scolded.

Yoona grinned “I though I can wait a little bit more.”

“Really? Too bad, unnie seems to can not waiting any longer. She has been asking if you are already here.”

Yoona is lighten up.

Seohyun giggled upon her bestfriend obvious mood “she is making breakfast, and even making a special one for you.” She said “she can’t wait to--..”

But before Seohyun finished, Yoona already storms inside the house, only manage to peek before she dissapear to say a happy “oh, right, Seo, good morning!” and vanished to the kitchen later.

Seohyun shook her head slowly with a small smile. Really, that kid.

-----

 

“Hey Yoona, good morning. Take a seat.” A very warm smile greeted her.

Yoona smiled shyly “morning too, Sooyoung-unnie..”

“Here, your breakfast.” Sooyoung placed a plate of fried rice, her special fried rice she calls “eat a lot. There are still more if you want to.” She said, pointing to the kitchen counter “we might be out until noon.”

“Ne—ne..” Yoona nodded, glancing on Sooyoung who is sitting by Seohyun’s side, much to her displeased, and getting a teasing smile from her bestfriend who are sitting just across her.

“I am really glad that you have some interest in photography.” Sooyoung smiled brightly “I know that I am not one to be a mentor yet, but I am just happy that to explain some basic stuff to you.”

Seohyun is obviously enjoying her bestfriend’s flushing.

It is the very first time that they are in these kind of circumtance after Yoona came out clean with her feeling toward the older Choi.

“Yes, Yoona has a lot of interests.” Of course Seohyun won’t miss this chance to friend.

Yoona coughed, but went silent.

“Really?!!” Sooyoung seems pretty oblivious “do you mind sharing?” she grinned “we might have something else in common.” She said “well, of course aside from our love for foods, and games.”

Yoona is blushing. She has been here, and meeting the woman quite a lot that maybe Sooyoung has known her like the back of her hand, and it might include some embarassing moments, some weird habits, and even anything that she can never be proud of.

Heck, she just bought this camera of hers two days ago when Seohyun planned the whole “date” for the weekend. For her. Maybe not an official date, since Seohyun will join them.

It will be totally weird if they go just the two of them. Sooyoung might be taking some clue about her feeling which she is not ready yet.

“..umm.. I—I like watching movies too.. and—and I took special interest in cooking nowadays..”

Yoona might be not lying this time. She starts taking cooking course months ago, and she has always been in love with movies, romantic comedy at most.

“Really!!?” Sooyoung giggled while munching her rice “you should come often.” She said, like Yoona hasn’t show up  in her house at least once a day, “I mean, come by even if Seo is not around.” She smiled widely “we can do stuff togather, I love cooking and movies too.” She chuckled “we can do both by weekend if this kid is too busy to spent her time with me.”

Sooyoung seems a little bit more excited than she should be, and Seohyun likes her cheerfull sister very much than the one who distance herself from her years ago.

“Really?!” Yoona bit her lower lip to prevent her voice to raise a pitch higher “I—I would love to, unnie!”

Sooyoung giggled “yeah, yeah, Yoona, just come by.” She said, knowing that Yoona is living by herself in Seoul.

Yoona shared a meaningful glance on Seohyun with hope written all over her face.

Seohyun chuckled silently and nodding. She already gives her green light anyway.

Yoona is a good woman, and out of all person, Seohyun knows it best. And Seohyun knows, it is time for her sister to find her own happiness than to work for hers. And Seohyun is aware that Sooyoung can find it in her bestfriend.

Of course Seohyun wouldn’t take a risk, like hooking up her sister with her bestfriend if she doesn’t aware of a secret mutual feeling the two had shared obliviously.

Seohyun is close with the two, and of course, once in a while she could see sparks in the pairs of their eyes when they mention each other’s names.

-----

 

The three young woman arrived at the side park downtown where they can enjoy the fullest of the nature.

“Hyo!!” Sooyoung waved toward a certain petite women who are leaning on her car.

“Yah! What took you so long?”

Sooyoung laughed “right, I got too drown into my conversation with Yoona that I took the wrong way.”

Yoona is blushing, getting a elbow on her rib with a teasing smile from her so called bestfriend.

“Hyo-unnie..” Seohyun greeted. The petite women is Sooyoung’s bestfriend slash her dance instructor. This Hyoyeon girl is the reason behind the missing Seohyun by weekends.

Yoona bowed. She has meet the girl in several circumtances, a lot actually, considering--..

“Hey, let’s get started!!” Sooyoung exitedly yelled to interup Yoona’s thought. She has been working as a photographer since senior high school. It is one of her job that she keeps until today. After countless jobs of hers where she can accounted for from two to four in a day since her parent’s accident, Sooyoung was starting to reduce her hectic works to spent more time with her sister, as the latter’s request.

The three other woman nod.

“Ah, right unnie,” Seohyun called before they walked further inside the park “..I have something to discuss with Hyo-unnie regarding the dance competition.” She said “can you just start with Yoona?”

“Oh, or do you want me to wait for you?”

“Oh, no worries.” Seohyun answered “we will be just around the food court.” She added, pointing to the area full of food stalls, ice cream trucks, souvenir houses, and all.

“Then, sure..” Sooyoung nodded, holding Yoona’s wrist “we will wait you inside, okay?”

“Yeah,” Seo nodded, not forgetting a teasing smile for her flushed bestfriend.

“See you!” Sooyoung excitedly said before she walked with the nervous woman.

 

“I wonder why Sooyoung hasn’t found out about it yet.”

“Right!?” Seohyun giggled “Yoona is being so obvious, but unnie is just--..”

“Stupid?”

“Ignorant.” Seohyun corrected “she is my sister, Hyo.”

Hyoyeon laughed “sorry, you know I was kidding.”

“That’s still not nice.”

“Okay, okay.” Hyoyeon raised both hands in defeat “considering that she is going to be my in law.”

Seohyun blushed, nudging the shorter girl on ribs “Hyo!”

“Really, it doesn’t need a psychic to know that your sister has interest in your friend.”

“I know.” Seohyun chuckled “they are so cute!” she giggled “how could they be so oblivious?!” she said “I mean, Sooyoung unnie is always excited when Yoona is around.”

“I wonder how long it gonna takes.” Hyoyeon sighed.

“Yes, Yoona won’t even find out about us if I didn’t tell her.”

“Yeah, your sister will chop my head off if she finds out about it.”

“Are you scared?” Seohyun is teasing while linking her arms around Hyoyeon’s right.

“Hey, you know how protective that giant can be! And she is scary somethimes!”

Seohyun giggled “well, let’s just find the right time to tell her about us.” She said “for now, let’s have a short date, will you?”

Hyoyeon grinned “right,” she kissed the younger girl’s cheek “I miss you.”

Seohyun blushed, smiling shyly, she planted a kiss on Hyoyeon’s cheek “I miss you too.”

-----

 

“Have you ever use your camera?” Sooyoung asked after a moment of walk. Sooyoung has find her perfect scene “..Yoona?”

“Oh—oh.. right..” Yoona mumbled “...umm.. no-not this one.” She answered “I left my old camera at home. I bought this days ago.”

“Do you know how to use it?”

“..umm..” Yoona doubtfully hummed. Heck, she just bought this costly camera from her montly allowance. She pretty much will live with ramen and bread for the rest of these two weeks.

Sooyoung smiled gently, touching Yoona’s hands which are holding the camera while the older woman is leaning closer to help her with the camera.

Yoona swore, she is going to melted any time soon.

“Here..” Sooyoung spoke, as a photographer who is working in a megazine, and a model agency, as well as still submitting her masterpieces to several places, she is glad when Yoona wants to learn photography from her.

“This button is for turning the camera on, and the same button for turning it off..” she mumbled while Yoona is busy staring at her side facade “this one, you can turn it around for...”

The world has seem to be slowing down when Yoona is watching Sooyoung this close. Not only that she has this urge to shortened the distance, but she feels like she wants to embrace this woman with her arms, and providing not only comfort, but happiness as well. She wished she could heal Sooyoung’s brokeness even if the brunette never really show it to anyone.

Yoona’s heart is beating erratically, Sooyoung smells good, her mind went blank, and she wished for nothing but kissing that soft pair of lips, feeling that neck, and--..

“Yoona?”

Yoona gave an awkward coughs “ah.. ye-yes?”

“Are you okay?”

“Ye—yes! So—sorry!”

Sooyoung smiled softly, lifting her hand to caress Yoona’s hair like what she does to her sister “are you sure? Because we can do this next--..”

“No—No!” Yoona swallowed “I—I mean, I am okay..” she mumbled “ju—just a little bit nervous on my first lesson.”

Sooyoung chuckled “relax, it is just me..”

Yeah, that’s exactly the problem.”

“So, do you want to start?”

“Ye—yeah..” Yoona stuttered.

“Good, I will stay close.”

Yoona inwardly smiling. It is good to have the brunette around.

 

It doesn’t take long before Yoona’s first unofficial date to end when Seohyun and Hyoyeon have come back from their little discussion about their upcoming dance competition, but Yoona enjoys most of it though.

The excessive touches, jokes, laughing, conversations and all are pleasurable. Appearantly, Sooyoung will make a really, really great amazingly lover. And of course, when since it comes from Yoona’s mind, it was already a lot more compromised.

Having Sooyoung all for herself is something doesn’t have very often, actually Yoona is going to comply Sooyoung request earlier. She is so going to come to the Choi’s house by weekend even if Seohyun is not around.

“Hey!!” Sooyoung Yelled to the two “what take you so long?”

“I haven’t had breakfast.” Hyoyeon excused “Seohyun accompanied me though.”

“Ah..” Sooyoung nodded.

They are sitting on the grass, drinking juices which Seohyun and Hyoyeon bought earlier, watching the scenery while once in a while Sooyoung still takes their picture.

 

“How was it?”

Yoona and Seohyun are walking around the area, closer to the lake in quite a distance from where Sooyoung and Hyoyeon sit.

“Great!” Yoona exitedly answered, once in a while still glancing on the tall woman “We should’ve plan something again by next week!!”

Seohyun giggled, elbowing her bestfriend “don’t you want to try a date?” she asked “I mean a real date, just the two of you, where you officially ask unnie out?”

Yoona frowned, sneaking one arm around Seohyun’s neck “I will,” she pulled the girl closer, whispered even if it was not neccessary “but after few more of these..” she pleaded “please...”

“Besides, do you really think Sooyoung-unnie will agree to a date to an experienced girl like me?” Yoona added.

Seohyun chuckled “unnie likes you, a lot.” She said “out of all my friends, you are her favorite!”

“But I am in love with her! Not only my like or favorite!” Yoona desperately sighed “and—and.. of course she likes me the most! I come to your house practically every day!”

“You finally admit to that?”

Yoona blushed “of—of course, mo-most of it for—for our study group, umm--.. homework.. and—and because you are my friends..”

Seohyun giggled “really, I better have you to tell me the truth that you have been visiting me awfully a lot to see unnie.” She said “it was very obvious.”

Yoona bit her lower lip guiltily.

Seohyun sneaked her arm around Yoona’s waist “I still can’t believe that you finally admit that you have been in love with my sister.” She said “I have been asking you and teasing you for the past year, and you kept lying.”

Yoona’s face is red, frowning, pushing her bestfriend “ya-yah! Stop teasing me already!!”

Seohyun laughed “Hey! You have been doing the same to me when I told you I have a crush on Hyo-unnie!!” she said in a whisper “when would I get my revenge if it wasn’t now?”

“Seo!!”

The two kids are running here and there, teasing until their legs give up.

 

Hyoyeon is staring at her bestfriend, the girl she has been friend since junior high.

Sooyoung is taking photograph, most of the time, the click sounds heard when the lens is facing the side where her sister and her sister’s bestfriend are playing around, once in a while, taking a look at what she captures.

Seohyun seems happy in these pictures. It has been a long time since she could spend time with her sister like this, and they rarely go out together since their parents’ gone.

Sooyoung was badly hurt, but she has a sister to take care too. And so, Sooyoung had no time to drown in grief for she should be strong for her sister to lean on.

Sooyoung never talked about how that big hole created inside her life, how that happiness, dreams, and passions dissapeared like thin air.

Sooyoung and Seohyun both love her parents, and the sudden accident took away half of them.

The fact that Sooyoung is older and she felt the responsibility to take over the family give her no choice but to be stronger than her sister, and acting like a responsible sister she is.

Sooyoung is carrying not only a burden, but she thought that she has the responsibility to make her sister happy, safe, and as important, to take care of the younger girl.

And because of that, the older Choi has tried several ways to kill the grief, and trying the hardest to make the pain go away. She found it by running away from home, spending as little time she could at home, and spending most of it on her endless works.

And while she is running away from the fact that their parents were gone, trying to run away from the reality and the place where would remind her of their memories, Seohyun was always home, trying to give a living back to their home.

It was a while after their parent’s death anniversary, her sister opened her mind. That Seohyun needs her too.

The tears from Seohyun’s eyes that time hit Sooyoung hard, and ever since, she was trying to spend more time with her only sister. They are still family, and Seohyun made Sooyoung understood that.

And there is this girl.

Sooyoung saw the photograph, and smiling softly to the camera.

A girl who make it hurt less. The girl who is beautiful inside and out without even the slightest effort to be.

It is quiet when Sooyoung is busy with her memories.

It was before she heard Hyoyeon chuckles to herself.

“What?” Sooyoung turned at the petite woman weirdly.

“You seem to enjoy yourself.”

“What does it supposed to mean?” Sooyoung’s left brow raised.

Hyoyeon turned to where the two younger girls are joking around “especially when she is around.”

Sooyoung turned to where Hyoyeon’s eyes locked “I don’t even know what you are talking about.”

“She seems to have an interest in you..”

“She is into photography.”

Hyoyeon laughed “so you do know who are we talking about.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes before her eyes busy cheking her camera again.

“It has been three years since she left.” Hyoyeon mumbled carefully “are you still--..”

“I am over her.” Sooyoung cut, meeting Hyoyeon’s gaze “I have learn to let her go when she decided to leave me.” She said “quoting you,” Sooyoung tilted her head a little “someone who doesn’t see you in their future, doesn’t deserve to be in your present.”

Hyoyeon giggled “especially when there is someone who seems to be all over you.”

“Hyo!” Sooyoung groaned “she is my sister’s bestfriend!” she reasoned.

“And what does it had to make with the fact that your heart belongs to--..”

“Hyo!!” Sooyoung cut, her face reddened.

“You said she is beautiful and kind!” Hyoyeon argued, remembering her conversation several days ago with the brunette. Well, Seohyun actually forced her to ask about Yoona before they plan the secret date together “you—you even said that she has all that you are looking for in someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with, both physically and personality!”

“You lead me to that!!” Sooyoung groaned in frustation “heck, you asked me how I think about her, and she is indeed beautiful and kind!” Sooyoung said “more than half of the world population would agree with me!”

“Not half of the population of the world have feeling for her!?” Hyoyeon teased.

“Oh God..” Sooyoung mumbled “I should have known that you tricked me with that crazy conversation!” she said “it was just one time, and you have been throwing me into that over and over again!”

“Come one, Soo!” Hyoyeon laughed upon Sooyoung’s flushed face “it was obvious that she likes you too!”

“As her friend’s sister!” Sooyoung defended “she may even look up to me as her own!” Sooyoung sighed with the clear sign of her dissapointment “besides, why would she wants someone like me.” She whipered to herself “she has all that on herself to do better.”

“Gezz, can you hear yourself?” Hyoyeon mumbled.

“Besides, she and Seohyun Look happy, aren’t they?”

“Hmm..” Hyoyeon nodded, eyes falling on a certain tall girl. Hyoyeon’s smile is gradually dissapear when something hit her “wait, Sooyoung--..”

“Unnie!!” Seohyun’s voice fill the air as the two young girls are walking closer “should we go home now?”

“Are you tired?” Sooyoung gently brushed Seohyun’s hairs.

Yoona is pouting while trying to avoid having her eyes on the sisters.

“Yes, a little.” Seohyun smiled.

“Okay,” Sooyoung replied “but let’s drop by for pizza, can we?”

Seohyun giggled, sneaking her arm around Sooyoung’s waist “nah, I kind of already expected that..” she said walking with her sister with the two pouting jealous women following behind.

-----

 

“Okay, Yoona, I will be honest with you.” A tall young brunette said on the phone “you have to think something yourself since I am practically out of ideas..”

“Seo!!” the girl on the other line whined “I need this dates.”

“You could try to ask her out yourself.” Seohyun shrugged.

“I had tried!” Yoona cried “and you know how well it ended!” she said sarcastically “I was stuttering, and nervous as hell! And I ended up embarassed myself in front of my future wife!”

Seohyun giggled by Yoona’s sweet calling. That bestfriend of her is always that blunt.

“Oh, so you are going with special term already?”

Yoona is blushing so hard that she could only be grateful that she is alone in the small apartment of hers “Seo..” the latter whined.

“Jezz, how worse could it get if you really get together with my sister?” Seohyun asked to herself.

Yoona giggled “well, there is only one way to know, isn’t it?”

Seohyun laughed “really,” she sighed after “and I mean it Yoona.” She mumbled “it has been two months,” she said “we have been planning this dates for nine times,” she added “maybe it is time to gather your courage to ask unnie out yourself.”

“Bu—but--..”

“Besides, why don’t you start from that weekend date that she offered?” Seohyun cut “unnie invited you anyway,” she added “but you still forced me to stay home when she is.” she said “unnie likes you, Yoon.”

Yoona sighed in desperation “..well, Seo, first, Sooyoung unnie wasn’t actually offer a date.” She said “and second,” she whipered “you know how nervous I am when she is around..”

Seohyun chuckled “really, does it really come from that Im Yoona?”

“Seo..”

Seohyun exhaled “..then, just try it once.” She suggested “and if by any chance, you mess this up,” she said “I will find some other way.” She said “how?”

“..are you sure?”

Seohyun giggled “well, as long as you are not planning to jump on my sister in the first official date, I think it will be okay.”

“Seo!!” Yoona whined, but the image of having the brunette all for herself is lingering inside her head. Well, it has always been anyway.

“Fine, fine..” the latter giggled “I will be out with Hyo-unnie this Sunday.” Seohyun said “just come over, I will tell Sooyoung unnie about that.”

“Okay..” Yoona mumbled hesitantly.

Seohyun gives another giggles “good luck, Yoona-ah..”

-----

 

Yoona is standing on the door step very nervously. Of course it may be not her first, but this is just so, worrisome.

Yoona knows exactly how she gets when she is just alone with the older brunette. It will start with the excessive organs activities like abnormally beating heart to the rush adrenaline pumping. Later follow the brain mulfuncion with the stammering or stuttering, and last, but not least, is when the craving comes.

It was like, okay, that pair of lips look crazily tempting, and that neck to that legs are obviously seducing to be touched, and okay, she is just a hormonal teenager, and—and.. really, she has this urge to crush the latter in her arms, and—and--..

Yoona sighed. Seohyun must be already left by now.

Yoona is standing there, trying to calm herself who seems to be already in stage one. Without wasting another second, Yoona pressed the bell.

It doesn’t take long when this young woman in loosened shirt with—wait, Yoona is not sure whether if  the latter has pants on or not.

“Hey!” Sooyoung smiled brightly “I have been waiting for you!” She grinned “I have made some sandwiches and popcorns for our movies date.” Sooyoung teased, allowing the blushing Yoona to come inside.

Yoona is coughing awkwardly, just as awkward to sit on the couch. Sooyoung took the seat just by Yoona’s side.

“So, this is ham sandwiches, that’s tune, and that’s chicken.” Sooyoung pointed to the three different servings “this is our popcorns,” she said, putting a big bowl on the table “and this is fresh orange juices,” Sooyoung pointed to a jug “water is in the refrigerator.” She said, smiling “they are going to keep us filled for the day, oh, wait—you are staying the day, aren’t you?”

Yoona is still as red as she is, biting her lower lip before she said “umm.. if—if I do—don’t bother you, unnie?”

“Of course you aren’t,” Sooyoung smiled “I am happy to have a company while that kid is busy with her dance class.”

Sooyoung let Yoona picked the movie, from one to two and next.

Yoona could feel her body heated and Sooyoung is sitting next to her, so, so close. She could feel Sooyoung’s arm on hers. And she could smell how freaking good the latter is.

It wasn’t good actually, Yoona’s heart is pounding so hard that she could barely breath. And no matter how many times she tried to focus on the movie, she lost it in another minute.

And even when Yoona closed her eyes, instead of erasing Sooyoung’s picture inside her head, she has it clearer.

 

The third film is over when Sooyoung realized that her shoulder becomes heavy, turned a little only to find Yoona is falling asleep on her.

A small smile made its way on Sooyoung’s face. Making sure that Yoona is really asleep, Sooyoung lifted her hand, and gently caressing Yoona’s hairs.

A moment like this is something she couldn’t afford to have every time.

The thought of looking at the young girl she grows to have feeling for is together with her sister is sure painful enough to break her again.

Of course, at some point, she had to admit that she is falling for this young girl.

The girl who always chased her pain away with the shy smile.

The girl who always put her nightmare away with only having her inside her head.

Really, she knows she shouldn’t have that thought about Yoona, but she can’t help it.

She is falling, and she has no ability to make it go away.

Sooyoung is sitting still, trying not to wake the girl up. She just need a little bit more.

Yoona might have  not realized it. It happened that night, at her parent’s death anniversary.

Seohyun has requested for them to visit their parents which Sooyoung rejected right away. Living the reality of having no more parents is enough, she doesn’t need a certain evident to slap her again and again that she indeed has lost her parents.

Seohyun cried hard, and Yoona was there too, in the house. They fought, Sooyoung and Seohyun did, in result of Sooyoung’s stubborness, Seohyun ran away from their house.

Sooyoung of course were looking for her sister, but she failed. A moment later, Hyoyeon called that Seohyun were at her place, and suggesting to let them both take a break, and she would drove Seohyun back home later.

Sooyoung went home only to find Yoona was still there.

Are you okay?”

Sooyoung smiled weakly, sitting on the couch before she stumbled on the floor.

“She is at Hyoyeon’s.” Sooyoung answered softly “she will be fine.”

Yoona was sitting next to Sooyoung “I know she will be okay,” she replied “Seohyun is the most rational girl I have ever meet.” She said, giving a small smile which mirrored by the older girl “..I am asking about you..”

Sooyoung met Yoona’s eyes that time, and she felt something that she had never felt before.

Her heart fluttered, and a sudden warmth fill her whole like she had just heard something she had been waiting all this time.

Sooyoung’s defenses fell right at the moment, the walls she has been build destroyed by Yoona’s sincerity and tenderness, tears falling without her ability to stop them.

Yoona gently wiped her tears away, holding her into her arms, and starting to mend her bleeding heart.

Sooyoung still remembered that time where she cried hours on Yoona’s shoulder, and the young girl patiently hold her close to her, hugging her tightly.

Sooyoung sighed. Leaning closer, Sooyoung gently placed a gentle kiss on the sleeping girl’s temple before she closed her eyes, and soon enough, falling into her dreams.

Maybe just a little bit more, even if it was all just dream, it is fine. Really, fine.

-----

 

“Hey! Girls!” Sooyoung is smiling brightly with her bestfriend standing by her side “congratulation for your graduation, little sister!!” she smiled, handing her sister a bouquet of flowers with a warm hug after their photo sessions, of course with Sooyoung as the photographer, and with Sooyoung favorite camera. And right, there is Hyoyeon to hold the bouquet for a while.

“Thank you, unnie..” Seohyun smiled, wrapping her arms around her sister’s waist.

They pulled when Yoona is walking closer “and congratulation for you too..” Sooyoung smiled, handing the shy girl another bouquet of flower before giving the girl a hug, while Hyoyeon gives hers congratulation and her only bouquet to the younger Choi.

It took Yoona by surpise anyway, but it is pleasantly suprising.

Seohyun gave her bestfriend a teasing smile which Yoona shyly return.

“So, how about celebrating?!” Sooyoung excitedly announced “and of course, Yoona, you are definitely coming!!”

They are giggling while walking to Sooyoung’s car.

Yoona loves this family. Both Seohyun and Sooyoung are always taking care of her like she is the youngest since her family is overseas.

They come to a well known korean barbeque, while they chose to seat on the second floor with the small garden outside.

They seated on a table with four seats, sitting, and starting to devour their dinner as soon as it comes.

They chatter, sharing dreams, even taking pictures every now and then with Sooyoung’s camera.

And somehow, the later their dinner passed, the nervous a girl can get.

Are you backing away?” Yoona glanced at the text from her very one bestfriend. She frowned, glancing to the so called rational girl whose eyes are demanding for a reply.

Do you think it is the right time?”

Really? Yoona, it has been five months..” Seohyun typed “It is now or never, Yoona..”

Yoona sighed, leaving her bags on her seat, Yoona stood up, walking out to the small rooftoof garden, standing behind the iron bar.

Sooyoung is glancing to her sister, waiting if the girl is going to follow her bestfriend, but Seohyun seems to be busy talking to Hyoyeon.

Standing up from her seat as well, Sooyoung decided to come after the girl.

Seohyun sighed when her sister is standing side by side with Yoona “how hard it could be to make them realized about their feeling for each other anyway?” Hyoyeon mumbled.

“Right, they are both so, oblivious.”

“Do you think they will be fine?”

“Of course the will.” Seohyun raised her left brow “they are practically in love with each other.”

Hyoyeon smiled, sneaking her hand to the table, on top of Seohyun’s hand. The younger girl is blushing.

“I have your graduation gift at my apartment.” Hyoyeon spoke “Sooyoung will suspect our relationship if I give you one there.”

“You don’t have to give me anything.” Seohyun smiled shyly.

“You know I will.” Hyoyeon smiled “How could I don’t give my girlfriend a graduation gift?”

 

“It is cold.” Sooyoung spoke, wrapping her coat around her body tighter with her arms folded on her chest.

“And yet it feels so good to be outside.”

Sooyoung nodded “aside from the fact that it smells beef and pork?”

Yoona giggled.

“So, what are you going to do now that you graduated?” Sooyoung gives a smile.

“I.. I don’t know..” she said “I will have some time to think about it..” Yoona added “i want to try a lot of things..” she spoke “but I am still planning to enroll college though.”

“That’s good.” Sooyoung nodded lightly.

Silence comes after their short conversation for a moment before Yoona spoke.

“Unnie..”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung turned to find Yoona is already facing her.

Yoona is doubting and she is hell nervous.

“It has been years since we met..” Yoona spoke, once in a while trying to meet Sooyoung’s eyes “you and Seohyun have been really kind to me and even taking care of me like your own family.” She whispered “thank you so much, unnie..”

Sooyoung smiled softly, taking Yoona into a hug “you are welcome,” she said “I am really glad that you came into our life.” She pulled “you are still welcome to come to our house..” she reminded.

Yoona smiled, swallowed after “these past years, I learn a lot of things, and most of it..” Yoona mumbled, staring right into Sooyoung’s eyes “..unnie.. I came to realize, that I...” Yoona stuttered “..unnie, I love you..” Yoona finally mumbled softly “..I wonder, if.. if you want to give me a chance, and try.. to—to go out with me?”

Of course, having Yoona to confess to her has crossed her mind, especially when these past few months that there were this routine outing with these three woman.

But Sooyoung is still not ready for this, not ready to break the heart of the woman she loves.

The silence is defeaning, but it is what comes from Sooyoung’s lips that kills Yoona.

“...sorry..” Sooyoung mumbled weakly “I am..” she paused, clearly hurt by what she was about to say “..I am really sorry, Yoona..”

It crushed Yoona’s heart right away. She bit her lower lip to prevent tears from falling, but even so, they are still falling, endlessly.

“Yoona..” Sooyoung called, trying to reach the younger woman, but Yoona stepped back.

“Tha—that’s fine.. really..” Yoona chuckled while trying to wipe her tears “ah, really, what’s wrong with me?”

“Yoona..” Sooyoung attemped to reach the woman again, but Yoona stepped back again.

“I—I am re-really sorry..” Yoona stuttered “this should be your happy day.. si—since it is Seo’s graduation day and all,” she said quickly “but—but I ruin it..”

“No.. Yoona, please..”

“I am sorry, unnie..” Yoona said again, sparing her last glance to the woman before she run inside, taking her belongings in hurry, and rushing out from the restaurant.

 

Seohyun and Hyoyeon are the witnessing the scene and Seohyun hurriedly run to her sister.

“What are you doing, unnie?!”

“Seo--..”

“She loves you, and you loves her as much!!”

Sooyoung is shocked obviously.

“How long are you going to hide that feeling of yours?! Pretending that it was never been there!! And even hurting not only yourself, but someone who cares for you?!” Seohyun scolded.

“...Seo..”

“Just what are you doing?!!”

“Seo!” Sooyoung snapped “I—I just had to do this!”

“For what? Because of what? Don’t say it was for her! She loves you, and she will be the most happiest person on earth if she get together with you!!” Seohyun is obviously mad “and unnie, you love her too, and--..”

“For you!! Okay!!” Sooyoung shouted angrily “you know I will do anything for you, and--..”

“Oh God!” Seohyun is beyond surprised.

There is a moment of silence where both woman are catching their breath, and Hyoyeon just standing a step away. Things should be kept between the two, and she is only allowed to take a part when things got out of hand. Seohyun will always remind her that.

“...do you really think that I.. that I love Yoona?” Seohyun asked unsurely.

“Aren’t you?” Sooyoung quietly asked.

“Oh, God..” Seohyun whispered to herself “of course I love Yoona,” Seohyun said, it pierced Sooyoung’s heart “but not that way.. I mean, not the way I want to spent the rest my life with her..” Seohyun replied softly, gently caressing the older girl’s cheek.

Sooyoung is in doubt “But—but.. you always... you always mention her name in most of our conversation..”

“That because I love the spark in your eyes when we are talking about her..” Seohyun said softly, gently caressing Sooyoung’s cheek.

“And you were always happy when you told me about your day with her..”

“I was teasing you, unnie..” Seohyun mumbled “I like it when your body was screaming jealousy but you were trying to pretend like it was nothing.”

Sooyoung swallowed, her breath is getting heavier “..and.. and.. what about that sleepovers? That awfully a lot visits to our house, and all that--..”

“It was just because she wants to meet you.” Seohyun said “she wants to see you even for just a second.”

“..oh God...” tears are falling from her eyes.

Seohyun is glancing on the back, her eyes is speaking when she gets a nod as an approval.

“Besides..” Seohyun said “I have found my woman..” she awkwardly cleared “..unnie, I am dating..”

Sooyoung lifted her head, her eyes blurry from her tears “what?” she is definitely surprised “with who? Friend at school? How long has it been?” she asked, trying to wipe her tears.

“Unnie..” Seohyun mumbled, and Hyoyeon is making her way to Seohyun’s side, holding the latter’s hand, interwined their fingers.

Sooyoung’s gasped “Oh god?!” her eyes widened in surprised “how long it has been?”

“Seven months..” Seohyun answered softly.

“And you are just telling me this now?” a hint of anger can be heard from Sooyoung’s tone.

“Unnie--..”

“It has been seven months already? And—and you are just telling me now?” she cut, breath heaved “what the hell are you thinking, Hyo?!”

“Soo, I know you are surprised..” Hyoyeon spoke “but I am in love with Seo.” She said, making the younger Choi blushed “I am trying to find the right time to tell you.”

“And it took you seven months?! Are you--..”

“Unnie!” Seohyun sighed, quickly wrapping her sister in a hug before the latter lost her temper, she knows her sister means just good, maybe the brunette is just upset “let’s talk about this tomorrow or later..” she said “can you at least clear things up with Yoona first?”

Sooyoung’s body relaxed.

Seohyun pulled from the hug “..unnie, she loves you, and you love her.” She said “I have nothing more to go against with.”

“You are...” Sooyoung mumbled “okay if..” she hesitated, clearing awkwardly “..if I.. date her?” and she blushed after.

Seohyun giggled, giving a peck on her sister’s cheek “why shouldn’t I? You both are cute together..” she smiled “and you deserve hapiness.” She added “please go after her now..”

“Okay,” Sooyoung nodded, running inside thoughtlessly to take her belongings, but before she could go downstair, she peaked “yah! You both! We are not done!!” and disapeared after her warning.

Seohyun giggled, glancing on her girlfriend “have you prepared yourself?”

Hyoyeon laughed “I know it will be like this.”

-----

 

Yoona is torn, badly. She has been sitting on the floor, leaning her back to her bed, buried her face in her arms with her legs folded.

It hurts so bad.

She should have known.

But, these past few months has been awesome. Sooyoung seems like the latter is interested in her too, and Yoona is hell sure that it was not something anyone could face.

She saw something in Sooyoung’s eyes that melted her heart everytime she is with the girl.

She was just a step away.

How would it feel if Sooyoung is hers?

A knock on her door stopped her train of though.

“Who is it?” Yoona’s hoarse voice asked.

But nobody answered.

Yoona sighed, maybe some person with the wrong apartment.

Standing up, Yoona walked to the door, open the door, only to found the very one, and only girl that had broke her heart just minutes ago.

Yoona is avoiding Sooyoung’s eyes.

“..can I come in?” Sooyoung asked softly.

Yoona hesitated “..I am fine, unnie..” she said “..and I will be--..”

“Can I come in?” Sooyoung cut stubbornly.

Yoona sighed, but Sooyoung doesn’t seem like she is going to the place any time soon, so Yoona giving a space for Sooyoung to get in.

Yoona closed the door, taking a deep breath before she turned, having Sooyoung staring at her.

“..umm.. what is it?” Yoona asked, walking past Sooyoung to the study table, and start arranging stuffs that’s already in their place.

“..Look, Yoona..” Sooyoung called “about earlier..”

“I am okay!” Yoona quickly replied “please,” she said “can we drop the--..”

“I love you.” Sooyoung cut.

Yoona turned in surprised, really, really surprised. Like oh, right, Sooyoung just rejected her less than an hour earlier, and she is here now, saying things that Yoona is dying to hear.

Their eyes meet for a little more, their breath hitched, hearts pounding.

Love..

How much more meaning that this word has?

Yoona nodded quietly “I understand.” She mumbled before she turned back to pretent to clean the table.

“No, I mean, I am really,” Sooyoung takes steps closer until her chest hits Yoona’s back, and her arms wrapped around Yoona’s waist “..I am madly,” she whispered “completely,” she trailled her lips on Yoona’s earlobe “and undoubtely in love...” she tightned her arms “with you..”

Yoona’s body tensed in Sooyoung’s embrace. With the words she is dying to hear coming from the woman she loves, Yoona is falling to tears.

“I hate you!!” Yoona yelled, turned around and start hitting Sooyoung’s shoulder and chest thoughtlessly “You can’t play me!! Not like this!!” she cried “I am in love with you, like!! Really, really in love!!!” she said “I don’t need your pity!! I don’t--..”

The words cut when Sooyoung, again, wrapping the younger girl in her embrace, crushing their lips together.

Yoona melted right away, her heart is pacing greatly, and her legs has almost given up. How could she missed this all this time?

The kiss happened a little longer than how it supposed to be before Sooyoung leaned her temple on Yoona’s.

“..I thought my sister loves you..”

Yoona’s brows furrowed, angry “even if she does, you have no right to control who I would ended up with!!” she growled “I love you, only you, and I want you, I don’t want anybody to tell me what to do!”

“Okay, sorry, I am sorry..”

“And even if she does, with you rejected me, did you think that I will be with your sister?!!”

“Sorry, Yoona..”

“Besides, that’s clearly imposibble!!” Yoona hasn’t stop ranting “she is--..” but her words suddenly cut. She had to remember her promise to Seohyun.

“In relationship.” Sooyoung continued “so, you knew about that to?” her temple creased “and you never told me?”

“..I—I...” Yoona stammered “she made me promised her..”

Sooyoung sighed “really, I am the only person who doesn’t know?”

Yoona frowned, bending down her head in guilt.

Sooyoung’s put her fingers on Yoona’s chin, lifting the later face to meet her eyes “but I am touched with the ‘I love you, only you, and I want you,’ part..” Sooyoung said with a teasing smile.

Yoona is blushing hard yet she does nothing but burying her face on Sooyoung’s neck, hugging the brunette around her waist.

“You are so bad.” Yoona mumbled.

Sooyoung giggled “..oh, trust me, I can be a lot more bad..” she teased, only to have Yoona tightened her hug.

Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Yoona’s neck, pulling the latter closer.

“..um.. so..” Sooyoung asked “are we together?”

Yoona pulled, pouting “aren’t you going to ask?” her left brow raised “I already did, and you hurt me. So I am not going to ask again.”

Sooyoung chuckled “..I am sorry that I hurt you,” Sooyoung whispered softly “sorry for being a fool, and hurting the precious person in my heart..” she said “but I am madly in love with you,” she spoke, having Yoona’s shy smile in return “..will you give me a chance to have the honor to be Im Yoona’s girlfriend?”

Yoona is giggling, and she is hugging Sooyoung again “I love you too,” she said shyly “you are forgiven.”

Sooyoung smiled before once again, sealing their promise with a deep lip-lock. They are smiling in between the kiss, pushing their self to another, trying to get closer than how they already were.

With their lips are still locking, Yoona’s back of knees hit the bed, and her back landed on the matress after, Yoona is falling on the bed with her arms open apart, with Sooyoung on top of her, still taking their kiss into another level.

Yoona is too lost, and taking the chance, Sooyoung bit Yoona’s lower lip, eaning a gasp. Sooyoung took the opportunity to slip her tongue, having a taste of her girlfriend, they both are.

They pulled only when they are breathless.

Panting hard, Sooyoung buried her face on the matress, cathing her breath while all she can fill her lungs is the smell of her girlfriend.

In a moment of silence, Yoona’s giggles heard.

“..what?” Sooyoung pulled slightly, promping her self with her elbow trapping Yoona’s head, eyes narrowed.

“..I like that..” she grinned.

Sooyoung smiled. She has seen a lot of this girl to know what personality that this girl possessed. Yoona is always blunt and hones, sometimes easily teased and getting shy, but most of the times, she is loud and cheerful.

Sooyoung is slowly leaning closer to Yoona’s with her eyes right staring into Yoona’s. The girl is smiling too, feeling Sooyoung’s lips lingering on her softly.

“Oh, right, wait,” Sooyoung hastily pulled, earning a pout “how old are you?”

“Hmm.. I am going to be 19 in few days.”

“What?” Sooyoung was about to stand up from the bed, but the giggling girl is quick to wrap her arms around Sooyoung’s neck, pulling the latter back on her.

“I am over 19!” Yoona laughed “why are you so worried about that?!” she said in between her laugh “besides, we are already making out!”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, leaning a soft bite on Yoona’s neck.

“Oh right,” Sooyoung pulled, her expression light up with concern and worried “do you want to think about moving in with me?” she asked.

Yoona’s expression changed a little, and Sooyoung quickly added “with us, I mean, in the house,” she explained “I am worried if you are living by yourself.” She said “you can sleep with me,” Sooyoung’s cheeks flushed pink, and Yoona is definitely enjoying her girlfriend’s blush “bu—but, if you find it uncomfortable, we have a guest room.” She spoke, hesitating before she continue “just...” she mumbled “I mean--..”

“I prefer with you.” Yoona smiled mischeviously “I am sure that I am going to enjoy it very much.” She mumbled “as long as I am allowed to call you by name..”

Sooyoung chuckled, showering kisses all over the younger girl’s face “I love you, Yoona..”

“I love you too,” Yoona giggled “Sooyoung..” her face flushed when she calls the name, but evidently enjoying their position much, and her face turned redder when she voiced “by the way, I don’t mind if it’s you..”

Sooyoung is slowly forming a smirk “what about me?”

Yoona is embarassed, but she hit Sooyoung’s shoulder lightly “you know what I mean!!”

“I don’t want to be ended up in jail..”

“I am over the age already!!”

Sooyoung laughed. Yoona is really cute.

“Oh, really..” Sooyoung played along “now, you make me wonder what you have inside your head.”

“Choi Sooyoung!!!”