New

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

Eunhyuk was right. All they did was introduce themselves in class. Not excluding the non-craft magic users, of course.

Other than guardians, near to extinction and thought to be extinct creatures were there. A lot were creatures even VIXX did not recognize.

"Leo. I'm 113 years-old. Jae Ren is my appointed master. She's studying Marine Biology. I am her guardian along with 5 other students here in WA."

"That's good. Any questions?" The proffessor, Kyuhyun, gently asked. "Though I can tell you're not much of a talker." He had an ability of reading people like a book. His magic had a connection to the mind, after all. But it would take more than that to intimidate Leo.

"I have one." Leo said, not at all fazed by the professors intent on unnerving him. After all, he had an intuition on reading others like a book, too. "Do other students introduce themselves too? Besides Fresh men."

"Not really. It depends on the teacher. If he or she is interested in what the students have to say for themselves." Kyuhyun calmly answered. "Thankyou, Leo. You may sit. Next."

The day felt rather normal to him. He wasn't excited, nervous, or scared. He just felt like he had done this a million times already, though he had done it only for the fourth time today. Unlike some of the other guardians who were obviously trying to stand out.

They did their tricks and told their stories.

It bored him.

I'll meet them at the Leisure building at the second floor after this class, right...? He tried to remember. He wasn't listening when N had told them where to meet up for lunch earlier this morning in the car. I'll just look for them later...

He felt detached to the world. Was he always like this? Probably.

"That's it for today. Tomorrow is when the lessons will begin. Please bring your lecture notebooks. Have a good break time." The teacher, bid them all goodbye and watched every student leave as he stayed behind. "Ah! Leo ssi. Can you please come here for a moment?"

Leo sighed, but went to the teacher’s desk anyway. "Is there a problem, sir?"

"No. I just can't help but ask... You're one of the Time Witch Users guardian, aren't you?" Kyuhyun smiled. Leo was already feeling how he was seeing through him with difficulty. It was the reason why the teacher asked him to talk in the first place.

"Yes." You’re just as transparent as the people you read. He thought.

"Ah. So it's true..." The teacher nodded. "I just needed confirmation. There's been a rumour going around with the teachers and I... Never mind. Well, have a good break." He smiled once again, his carefully constructed smile not faltering.

"Sure." Leo nodded, leaving without even a second thought about the teacher.


"So how was your day?" Jae Ren asked to no one in particular on the table. The University had a building complex just for food and it had two whole floors for the school cafeteria, and the three other floors have an array of food shops. They decided to just go with the school food court.

"I made a friend in P.E... He reminds me a lot of Leo because he doesn't talk." N thought out-loud.

"Maybe he's just ignoring you..." Ravi chortled. "And it seems, I have caught the attention of some ladies already." He smugly boasted.

"Really...?" Hongbin disinterestedly inquired. "I got two lunchboxes from girls too... How many did you get?"

"... What...?"

"He insulted you without even trying." Hyuk laughed, his bright mood making Leo inch his seat away from him. "I made friends at second period! They're invisible, though..."

"That's a good start, I guess..." Jae Ren unsurely praised. She wasn't even sure if he was being serious.

"What about you?" She asked particularly to Leo.

"Judging from his always blank-as-Ravi's-Math-Homework expression, probably just normal." Ken butted in, just getting back from the wash room. "One of my classmates were asking about you though, Jae."

"Me too." Hongbin looked up, chewing. "A lot of them, actually. Just at my first period, they crowded around me as soon as they heard I was one of your guardians."

"Looks like you're a hot topic already." N grinned, joking.

Jae Ren merely snorted, shaking her head. It didn't matter to her. What was she going to do if she ever did become popular? Nothing. Besides...

G-Dragon was sure to be a much ‘hotter topic’.

"I met someone." She announced abruptly to their table. "He-"

"HE?" N emphasized, "I don't like the sound of this." He shook his head in disapproval.

"He's a Dragon Tamer." Jae Ren continued, glancing at N. There was an eerie silence around them for a second. "We also have the same classes. All of them."

"Really? That's weird. You sure he isn't some psycho stalker of yours?" Ravi asked, suddenly growing alarmed. He wasn't too keen on trusting someone who would spend more time with Jae Ren than them. None of them were.

"No. He's nice... To me, anyway. He doesn't really talk to others much." She explained.

N blinked. "It's like you're describing Leo."

"Don't talk as if I'm not here."

"Well that's the way you're acting! It's like your head is on the clouds more than usual..." N defended, his worry evident on his expression. “I’ve been insulting you the whole time and you haven’t choked me once.”

"I'm just not used to it-this. Everything." Leo sighed, as if he was already tired of the conversation-or talking. Maybe both.

"Me too." Ken admitted, sipping his cola drink. "I'm still having trouble adjusting. I got lost three times already. Four if you count this morning."

"And what exactly is different?" Jae Ren asked, not following. “We don’t have the same classes either way.”

"Well... we have no trouble if we're not connected to each other, really. But it's different when we're not connected to you." Hongbin said, not sure how to explain.

"You act like... like the the centre of the North, South, East and West for us, you see." N added. "Sure, we could try navigating just through our senses, but it's different. The gravity we usually feel around you that pulls us nearer is gone. Just like other guardians. That's why there are seniors who are holding 'Directions Here' signs. They knew it would be a shock to most Guardian students."

"I did notice that before..." Jae Ren nodded, understanding a little. "This is exactly why I should buy you a phone. Each."

"Ever the opportunist." Ravi commented, slightly amused. "But anyway, do you understand now? And not only that, the field around the school us is interfering with our senses. It's like my nose is covered and my eyes are behind a slightly see-through screen..."

"You worry me." Jae Ren admitted, quietly drinking her juice box. "I'm sorry I can't do anything about that... Maybe we shouldn't have come here..."

"No, that's not right." N shook his head, brightening up. "It's really cool here. Imagine all the things we can learn here. And not only that, this is your one and only gate to a good future, Jae. They created a program where the graduates are discretely inserted to society in the field they have taken up college on. Which means when you finish here, you get the job you want as long as you pass! Isn't that great?"

"I guess..."

"You don't have to worry about us." Hongbin reassured. "Ravi is just being a drama queen." He stated, making Ravi throw him a pointed look. "And if we're crippled to this extent, imagine how the other guardians are doing. At least compared to most others, our senses are still heightened."

She knew they were trying to comfort her, but the idea of them being defenceless worried her still.

"And besides, we WANT to be here." Ken added. "I kind of feel like I finally belong."

"Okay then..." Jae Ren sighed, knowing they won't give this up. "I'm going to get to class then. I'll see you guys later at the briefing."

"Oh yeah. That's going to be todays last period, right?" Hyuk just remembered. "Where is that again?"

"At the central field area." Jae Ren answered. "Anyway, I'm going or I'll be late." She smiled. "See you guys."

With a wave, she left the table and went to the escalators. She looked around the cafeteria and she could see tables of guardians with their masters, brotherhoods and sisterhoods.

"Hey."

"O-oh? Sorry." Jae Ren stepped back from the hard chest she bumped into. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was-Oh."

"That reaction worries me..." G-Dragon cocked his head to the right. "So...? Ready to get to class?"

"Really?" Jae Ren blinked. She chuckled. "Are you following me?"

"Don't be so full of yourself." G-Dragon shook his head, just a slight tinge of humour in his tone. "I saw you. I was upstairs, just going down, when I saw you. We're in the same classes anyway, we should just go together." He reasoned with his ever cloudy logic.

Jae Ren, already used to his attitude, just nodded. "So who were you up there with? I was starting to think you might be eating alone."

G-Dragon just shrugged.

A lot would've thought they were old friends from the way they were informally addressing each other when in truth, they really just did meet this morning.

She already thought of GD as a friend.

"I give up." Jae Ren shook her head, chuckling. "You never really give anyone a straight answer."

"Few questions need an answer. Most are just for small-talk."

"That's a really dull perspective." Jae Ren commented honestly. "Small-talk is for getting to know people. Getting to know them means you can trust them." She continued, "We only met this morning, but I'm starting to think of you as a close friend."

"Then you're making a mistake.  I’m not someone you can trust.”

 







Update 4/4!!!!!!!!!

As an apology for not updating for 4568852892345678 years. Hahahahaha.

Actually, I've had opportunities to update, but I didn't know if the material I was posting was enough. The number of people reading this fic is putting pressure on me, you see. After all, I'm not a real writer. Just a fan girl who enjoys making stories.

So I hope y'all aren't disappointed with me and my stories! ^-^ And also with my slow updates XD