Him, Once Again

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

The letters just stopped one day.

It would've been more practical to instant message or call, but Jinyoung couldn't reach her with those either.

What was I trying to prove? That our relationship was more time-honoured? Ironic. He thought. It was that part of him that still wasn't okay with VIXX nor ToppDogg. There was still a part of him that denied them.

It was just by chance that he decided to go to Jae Ren's old house. Now abandoned, there was no one to take care of it. Strangely, it didn't seem that way. It still looked used and none of those who pass by it ever seem to wonder why it had become quiet.

He would not have usually thought of doing so, but it was also just on a whim that he decided to go inside. He just casually jumped the wall, making its primary purpose useless.

It was an understatement to say that he was shocked when he found someone else had already gone inside the house. 

"I heard this house is for sale." The stranger casually said, not the least bit sharing the surprise.

"No. It's not." Jinyoung cautiously stared at him. Why didn't I sense him? "What are you doing here?"

"For all you know, I could be the owner of this house. That would make you the trespasser."

Jinyoung, no longer amused, bared his fangs. "You just asked if this house was for sale. And no, I'm not a trespasser."

"What makes you say that?"

Jinyoung heard shuffling from inside the house. It wasn't on insinct, but something just made him look away from the stranger. The door was open, easily giving him a glimpse of the person inside.

"Wait-" He moved to go inside the house, but he was pinned on the floor by the neck before he could even take a step.

"Nope. Can't do that. Who are you?"

He felt like he was being pinned by a boulder. "She's here. Why is she here?" He managed to choke out. Struggling seemed to be pointless under the pressure, but he was let go of immediately.

Without a second thought, Jinyoung bolted inside the house. He could smell her and was frozen in the spot when he finally saw her.

She seemed brighter, for some reason. Her hair was darker and longer, her skin was glowing. Figuratively.

"Jinyoung? What are you doing here?" Jae Ren asked, surprised. "Your neck is all red-" 

He rushed to her immediately, almost crushing her with his arms. "You're here. I thought something happened to you. I lost all contact. You're safe... you're safe..." He wasn't feeling like he was suffocated anymore. He could even ignore the pain around his neck. "You were just gone..."

Jae Ren waited for him to calm down. From behind Jinyoung, she saw GD raising an eyebrow at her. She just gave him a look while pointing at Jinyoungs neck.

"I take it you're friends, then?" Jiyoung asked, not at all fazed. "Sorry about earlier."

Jinyoung instinctively put Jae Ren behind him. "He's with you?" His eyes became scarlet, indicating his aggression.

"This is Ji-"

"G-Dragon."

"G-Dragon." Jae Ren rolled her eyes. She squeezed Jinyoungs arm lightly, "He was just protecting me. Are you still hurt?" She reached for his neck to check on it, but the bruises were already disappearing. "He's my friend."

"Well, you jumped over the wall so I thought it was suspicious. My bad." GD shrugged, "You're a wolf, aren't you? You're actually quite... exceptional. I thought you were something else."

"You had pinned to the ground. What's exceptional about that?" Jinyoung thought he was being mocked, seeing as how nonchalant he seemed as he apologized.

"Actually, I was aiming to break your neck a little. But that didn't happen, did it?"

"Jiyoung." Jae Ren hissed. "Why do you have to be so violent?"

G-Dragon sighed exasperatedly as he sat himself on the couch seat. "Well he was walking to this place like he knew we were here. I was just being cautious. I'm sorry, kid. Okay? If the pain is giving you any problems, just tell me and I'll fix it."

You'll fix my neck? Jinyoung was still watchful. This guy is intimidating. "Why are you here, by the way? Where's VIXX?" He asked Jae Ren.

"We had a little disagreement." She looked away, obviously lying. "I was actually looking to find you, but you weren't in your house." 

"Why would you be looking for me?" He asked, confused.

"I need your nose."

 

Werewolves back then, during the human era, were considered noble creatures. Although, some people would label them more as monsters. Jinyoung, when he was young, was often confused for a fox because he was born quite small. His red fur added to that confusion. It disappointed everyone, considering that he was the son of one of the prominent figures in the colony. He was just relieved his own parents weren't at all bothered.

It must've been that encouragement that he received that resulted into him becoming a prominent figure himself.

His red fur became a part of his identity. His development was what gained approval. Soon enough, he became the benchmark for wolves his age. His physical capabilities became unparalleled.

 

"I can't believe I'm relying on a werewolf." GD groaned, as if he was taking a blow on his reputation. "Why did you ask for help if you didn't need my abilities?!"

"You wanted to be forgiven, right?" Jae Ren looked at him with a dead expression. "Anyway," she walked faster, "if we don't hurry, we'll lose sight of him."

"If we had brought my dragon this would have been easier..." GD continued to complain.

Jae Ren tried to catch up to Jinyoung as fast as she could, but the rocky terrain made that difficult. She almost slipped on stone, if she had not caught herself in time. Jinyoung waited for her and offered a ride, but she thought it would ruin his focus.

"What are you talking about? He clearly looks fine. Here." GD easily hoisted her up the werewolf. "We're already being followed." He muttered under his breath. "I'll catch up. Don't worry about the pace, I'll be able to find you guys in no time." He said so before disappearing in the thick woods.

Jinyoung seemed to hesitate, seeing as he stopped every once in a while to look back.

"He'll be fine. He's capable." Jae Ren reasurred him with a pat. "He's a lot older than either of us. The difference is quite... big, really."

Jinyoung snorted.

Jae Ren could get an idea of what he was trying to say with his grunts and wheezing.

"I'm looking for Seohae because I wanted to see how she was doing. It's something I just have to do before I confront VIXX. This was just... something I couldn't do with them." She explained. "I'm relieved that I can always count on you."

 

Werewolves are noble creatures. 

Jinyoung, as a member of this proud race, was nothing short of the qualities that made a werewolf.

Loyal and strong, he swore to himself that he would always protect Jae Ren.

 

"I missed you, Jinyoung oppa. I can't believe how much time had passed."

Jinyoung, unable to express himself, kept quiet. 

We're being surrounded. He broke into a sprint, but they seemed to be against quite a large number of opponents.

"Keep going." Jae Ren quietly said. "I'll take care of it."

The werewolf was reminded of something very important.

Nothing could withstand the strength of time. A measly wolf wouldn't even begin to compare.