Unlikely Companions

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

Just a couple of random hunters. GD tied three men clad in hunting gear with their own rope. Not even worth my time.

"It would do you good to stay put. I was told I'm not allowed to kill anyone today." He told them, but he was sure they were all knocked out anyway. They couldn't even size up what they were up against. He sighed, bored.

Jiyoung made his way to his two companions when he sensed Jae Ren use her magic. This certainly makes it easy to find them. He smiled a little. She sure isn't wasting her time.

 

Jinyoung didn't waste a moment and continued following the scent. Even as his surroundings turned into a mudslide, he did not bat an eyelash.

"I hope they give up soon. I'm not even sure what they are." Jae Ren admitted. Although, she could feel their malice. "Has it always been like this?" She wondered. She was talking about the outside world in general. Was this why Sanctuary was established?

Jinyoung wasn't sure either. It must've been because of the area. It was too far from the city- they had travelled for more than 4 hours already. Nothing would be here except those begging for trouble. Us, for example.

Only the land that Jinyoung's paws touched were unscathed by the forces of nature that Jae Ren inflicted. We're almost there. Jinyoung thought as the trees began to thin out. They were at the end of the forest.

"You know, they said every place was just full of buildings that reached floors up to a hundred during the human era." G-Dragon appeared out of nowhere, showing no signs of tire at all. He casually jumped from a tree that was sinking as if on quick sand. "I'm not sure what that would've looked like, but I'm sure it would have been filled with less of... whatever what was chasing you."

"You're fast." Jae Ren simply said.

"It was very easy to find you. You can stop now, since the forest seems like it will be disfigured if you don't." He pointed out.

She did as was told and even started to revert the area back to what it was. Slowly, everything was being undone. Jinyoung felt uneasy, worried for what the cost of such destruction was on Jae Ren.

Jinyoung found a foul smell that made him stop. He was about to move closer to it, just at his left in a bush when Jiyoung stopped with a hand on his snout. "They're ugly little things. It's best you don't see them."

The werewolf wasn't pleased and even growled under the hand. However, he found himself agreeing. The smell was enough proof, his curiousity just got ahead of him. A part of him didn't want to see what emitted such a revolting smell.

"They're not a part of this forest. Or at least they shouldn't be." G-Dragon said with a hint of sadness. "This type of land is supposed to be tranquil and beautiful. It's been tainted."

They left the forest completely and was greeted with green pastures. The forest had been so dark that the morning light almost blinded them. Jae Ren got off of Jinyoung with a thank you and waited for the werewolf to revert to his human form, but Jiyoung denied this and told them it would be best to be ready for anything. "We're not entirely sure what's in there."

"It's an orphanage and a learning facility." Jae Ren said. "But I guess you have a point... is that okay with you?" She turned to Jinyoung, who only blinked and stayed in his form.

"It's more of a correctional facility." Jiyoung said as they followed the stone path that lead to the building. "Quite out-of-nowhere, though. It would've been easier if they just let everyone in Sanctuary. But I guess the idea of having a prison in a sanctuary would be very ironic."

True. Jae Ren hummed and explained to Jinyoung what Sanctuary was generally like. As she described the place basically giving away houses and charging no electricty and water, she was reminded of how taken care of she was. "It may sound to good to be true, but I guess that's because they leave all the skeletons outside the shadow realm. Like this one, for example."

"Well no system is perfect." said Jiyoung, "I've been to a lot of places and not many could do what Sanctuary is doing for its people." Being as old as he was, he didn't really care for what Sanctuary was offering. However, if it came into contest with the other places he had resided in, there were places that were much worse.

The gate was open and a worker greeted them with surprise. It was probably either that they didn't get many visitors, or that there was a wolf following them. They were welcomed easily, since the place is an open facility and there was no need for ID's except that of citizenship in Sanctuary. They waited in the office that seemed like any other school office.

Is that why...? Jinyoung realized he wouldn't have been able to go in if he was in his human form. Although, he was sure he wasn't fooling anyone either.

"I had a guess you would be here, a part of me hoped I would be wrong." Taemin walked in the office, informed by the workers. "Just what are you planning, Jae Ren?"

"Taemin?" Jae Ren stood up, not expecting him to be there at all.

"With him, of all people." He gave G-Dragon a look, yet the latter didn't seem to show any care. "Who's this one?" He looked at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung didn't sense any aggression, unlike with G-Dragon. Although he did feel like he shouldn't be so laid back in front of this person either. He remained seated beside the seat of GD, since the office was small and unfit for this many people inside.

"You want to see Seomin, am I right?" He hit the nail on the head. "Is this really necessary? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you wouldn't have agreed." Jae Ren answered simply. "You wouldn't have understood, either. I asked Jiyoung because he would help me with anything."

"I aim to redeem myself." Jiyoung added, nonchalant.

Jinyoung wasn't picking up on anything. He wasn't even sure who this person was and what he was to Jae Ren and G-Dragon. Or Jiyoung.

"Jae Ren, let's just go home." Taemin sighed. "We'll look for VIXX together-"

"No." She firmly said. "There is something I have to confirm. I am within my rights. I'm allowed to pay her a visit." Jae Ren said with such conviction, even G-Dragon seemed surprised. "We came all this way. This exactly why I couldn't tell you. You just wouldn't understand..."

"Because you have to let this go..." Taemin tried to explain, but he was sure that he was defeated. "Then, may I come with you? I won't stand in your way. I just want to see what it is you want to achieve."

Jae Ren was cautious, but decided it would be alright. "Fine. I'll take your word for it." She sighed. Just in time, a caretaker informed them that they were allowed to go in.

Jinyoung trotted beside Jae Ren, not caring anymore. As long as this was her cause, he would support it.