The Informant

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

"So, Choi Jae Ren?"

Jae Ren nodded at the black cat with stunningly blue eyes. The letter wasn't kidding when it said 'it'.

"You have 19 Guardians, but only 6 are currently under your wing, am I correct?"

Once again, Jae Ren nodded.

"Cat got your tongue?" It grinned, showing it's unusually sharp teeth. It looked like any other ordinary cat but those teeth looked like they could cut through metal. Not to mention it talks. "Relax, I'm just here to inform you about WA and also to tell you where it is. I’m not going to hurt you."

"But... I don't want to go. I'm already finishing highschool." Jae Ren bit her lip, while VIXX nodded to support her.

"Child, WA has a college branch." The cat chuckled. It sounded pretty human though. "Call me Key."

"Okay... Key..." Jae Ren quietly said.

"The WA doesn't take no for an answer. And you're the first one to do so anyway." Key's tail kept sweeping on the couch, showing his excitement. "With WA, you can learn how to harness magic and protect yourself from whatever attacks you can encounter. After you study there, they will send you back here, and you can choose to lead a normal life, or create your own adventure for yourself. It's completely your choice."

"But I can't say no?" Jae Ren raised an eyebrow.

"It's mandatory." Key blinked at Jae Ren. "Not every Witch or Warlock gets this opportunity since it's hard to locate our kind. But you were located when you defeated the Black Witch. A high reward was placed for her head, and even though you didn't kill her, you defeated her. And she won't be trouble for the next 18 years, I guess." He shrugged his feline 'shoulders'. "And not to mention, you got a hold of her 13 guardians. Topp Dogg is powerful, and it's remarkable you were able to convince them to take your side and switch their loyalties."

"She didn't convince them." N interjected. "They chose for their own."

"More impressive." Key complimented. "That is why you need WA. To train yourself. You are more powerful than you think."

"Coming from a cat..." Hyuk mumbled.

Key glanced at the young guardian, and in less than two seconds, he morphed into a human.

Blonde hair, the same blue eyes, and not to mention very attractive. "You were saying?"

Hyuk shook his head vigorously, suddenly intimidated. He had never seen someone do that in such short time before. And the morphing he usually sees looks ugly and somewhat gruesome. Key could have never done it with more grace than he already did. Just what was he?

"Anyway, you will be collected from your home the night of your recognition. Be sure all your items are prepared. A bus would be here to collect you at 12 AM sharp." Key explained. "I cannot allow you to say no to this opportunity, since I am only a messenger. You'll have to talk to the higher ups, not me."

Jae Ren sighed, but nodded anyway.

"I don't understand why you don't like the idea of WA though. It's like a normal school, really. And it's more fitting for our kind. Except that the only creatures there will be Witches, Warlocks, and an array of Guardians."

Key looked at Jae Ren. And then some...

Jae Ren's eyes brightened. "You mean I can take VIXX with me?" Key blinked his blue eyes. "Of course. Is that why you were hesitant to come?" Jae Ren bit her lip, but nodded.

Key laughed lightly. "Trully remarkable, Jae Ren ssi. You seem to care a lot for your guardians. I know a handful of our kind who need to learn from you."

Jae Ren smiled at the compliment. "Thankyou."

"No problem." Key shrugged.

"So... where is this school?" N cleared his throat.

"Oh." Key blinked at the guardian. "It's a hidden school. You'll need to pass through portals in a sequence to enter the place. The bus that would come here would show you the way."

Hongbin raised a hand.

"Yes?" Key nodded at him, delighted of his manners. "If that's the case, then there are dormitories for that school?" Hongbin asked.

"The place you will enter is like a compound... like a town." Key shook his head to snap himself out of his thoughts. He smiled. "It IS a town. It has malls, schools, dormitories, cafes, anything. All managed by either warlocks, witches or guardians. You can even make a living there if you choose to." Jae Ren smiled at that thought- just like Key.

Maybe there was a place for her and VIXX in this world after all...

"I'll have to take my leave now. There will be a Warlock who will guide you when you arrive. Thank you for your time, Miss Choi Jae Ren." Key turned back into a cat and walked out of the open door which was being held open by Leo.

"That was... nice..." Leo commented with his quiet voice.

"Because you think anything with a non-humanoid structure is cute." Ravi snorted. "But... are you considering this Jae Ren?"

Jae Ren glanced at all of them. "Yes... I mean-if it's not a bother to you. Since if I go, you'll have to go with me and-"

"It's fine, Jae Ren." Ken chuckled. "We're just asking what YOU want."

Jae Ren nodded with a smile. "I want to go." N smiled. "That's great!"

"Yeah! We're going to a different Highschool!" Hyuk jumped up and down happily.

That is great. Jae Ren silently agreed.

It would be a great opportunity after all. It would give her the chance to leave everything that pained her behind for a while.

Mainly, a certain wolf.

 

"Hyungs! What are you going to take for college?" Gongchan asked his pack members. He had just arrived, and was panting all over the place. They were in Jinyoung's backyard.

CNU raised an eyebrow at him. "Why? Graduation's only tomorrow and there's still summer break before college." He was relaxed since he was sure he could get his dream job with his grades.

Gongchan eagerly nodded with a big smile. "My uncle said he'd vouch for me to become a part of the Council!"

"That's good. We'll be working together then." Jinyoung proudly smiled at the younger. "It's unfair." Sandeul frowned.

"Why?" Baro chuckled. "You wanted to become a part of the council too? I don't think that job suits you, deul."

Sandeul's frown deepened. "Now, that's just mean." He pointed out. "And no, I don't want to be a part of the council. I want to be the finance officer here in this district."

"Then what's the problem?" CNU curiously asked.

"My mother wants me to become a doctor instead." Sandeul pouted. "I don't want to become a doctor!" He whined. Jinyoung chuckled. "I'm sure you can talk her out of it if you just try."

"Whatever." Sandeul muttered, still disappointed.

"Do you know what Jae Ren's going to take? And also VIXX?" Baro asked. Particularly to Jinyoung. "I think she wants to become a Marine Biologist... but I don't know if she changed her mind." Jinyoung shrugged.

Gongchan raised an eyebrow at the leader. "How could you know? You don't even talk to her." Jinyoung blinked at the hostility in his tone. "We talk." He reasoned.

"Saying 'hi' or 'hello' or 'good morning' doesn't count as talking, you know." Baro informed. "But I think VIXX is just going to do what Jae Ren will do." He said, subtly trying to divert the group from fighting again.

Every time Jae Ren was brought into the conversation, it would always end up with Gongchan and CNU trying to lecture Jinyoung on how he should talk to her and not distance himself anymore. But Jinyoung always reasoned he had nothing to say.

"Wait-Okay. Stop." Jinyoung suddenly snapped. His patience with the members had lasted long enough. He endured their judging stares whenever Jae Ren was around, and he was fed up with being treated as the villain. "I try to talk to her okay?! But I can't. I just can't." He said through gritted teeth. "I just hoped you guys would understand that! Apparently not. You two would always try to guilt-trip me. What do you want me to do? Confess my non-existent feelings to her?! And then what? I'll find my mate and then..." He sighed, calming down. "Hurt her again?" His face fell, remembering how he made Jae Ren cry.

Sandeul stared at the leader, while Baro shook his head at CNU and Gongchan. 

"That's not what I want at all..." Gongchan mumbled, making Jinyoung lift his head to look at him. "I just wanted you two to be okay. Because I know she doesn't want you to distance yourself, but she's afraid too. Because all she thinks is that you don't like her because she's... different."

CNU nodded. "We didn't mean to pressure you. We just wanted the both of you to be happy again. I mean, you've been like a dead rock for the past weeks without her."

Jinyoung kept quiet, not wanting to admit anything. Just then, a black cat with blue eyes hissed at him, causing him to snap his attention to the cat.

It was staring at him with disgust as if it heard what they were just talking about earlier.

I hate me, too, cat.