The Truth

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

"Jae Ren. I really do not think you should do this." G-Dragon pulled on her arm for the fifth time as they were walking. "I get it if you want to get rid of them, but... you shouldn't. That's just it."

"I told you: I'm not getting rid of them. I'm just giving them an option." She clarified and pulled away to continue walking. "If they want to stay with me, they can."

They will anyway so what’s the point of all this?  "They're already happy the way things are now. I can tell." He said, keeping up with her. "So save yourself the trouble."

"I thought you would support me on this." She sighed. "Jiyong, you don't understand at all. You wouldn’t understand."

"Hey, I don't really get along with N," He pulled on her arm for the sixth time then, "But I know he's done a pretty good job of protecting you from... whatever it is you do. He'll help keep you alive, Jae Ren. You can get pretty stupid sometimes. Like now. So stop it."

"I don't need protection." She removed his hand from her arm. "If I die, I don't want to drag them with me."

"Then don't die." He rolled his eyes as if it was the simplest answer in the world. "Really, Jae Ren. Let me just take you back to your place-"

"If you don't want to help me, it's fine. But I'm still doing this." She turned around and left. Naturally, he still followed after her. "GD, you can leave me alone now. I understand."

He sighed. "As if. I'm going to watch what's going to happen. You know, to say 'I told you so' after."

She relented, knowing he was just trying to say 'I'm not supporting this, but you need help.'

"Thanks." She snorted.

It didn't take long to reach Onew's house. Though she was already tired from all the walking. She had grown accustomed to the teleporting gates. But there were no gates located anywhere near the Mountain District except for the ones already near Onews house.

One knock and the door already swung open.

"Jae Ren. Did we... Did we have an appointment?" Onew asked, surprised.

"No. Actually, I'm looking for Taemin." She sheepishly grinned. "Is he here?"

"In the library." The old warlock opened the door wider to let them in. "May I ask why the two of you are here to ask him?"

"We're on a mission. Top secret." GD put a finger to his lips. "You didn't see us."

Onew blinked. "... Oh. Is that so?"

Jae Ren sighed and pulled him away. "Don't listen to him. We're going then. Thank you." She smiled. As soon as they entered the hallway, away from Onew, her grip tightened.

"Ow. Your claws are showing."

"Why did you tell him that? You're making us look suspicious!" She muttered.

"Nope. You see: it's logic. If I say that he won't suspect it because I told him. He won't suspect anything that's laid just in front of him."

"Jiyong. That's stupid." She bluntly stated.

This is stupid, he wanted to say. "It's logic-wow. Huge library." He stopped to look around his surroundings. "I like the kaleidoscopic roof. He must be rich."

"Maybe." Jae Ren said. "But he has this house because he's a first generation resident. Which means he get privileges for being here since the creation of this place. Kind of like senior citizen privileges."

"I didn’t know that." GD murmured. "Hey, what's that..?" He pointed at a crystalline globe that spun slowly on top of the desk.

Jae Ren blinked. It was the first time she had seen it. "I... don't know. It wasn't there the last time I was here. Don't touch it."

"Why not?" He was already standing in front of it. It was wider than the desk. "It has blinking lights."

She was curious, too. It looked beautiful. It even had, at the very center, a model of the Earth's core. It was glowing a white, bright yet also bearable light..

"Don't touch it." Taemin was suddenly there, stopping G-Dragons hand from touching the surface with a tight grip on his wrist. "Who are you?"

"I'm with her." He pointed at Jae Ren. He was surprised by the hostile tone.

She was, too. "He's a friend."

"Who are you?"

"Taemin? He's not... He's my friend." She said again, slightly afraid. This was a different side of him she had not seen.

"I'm asking you. Who are you?" Taemin repeated.

G-Dragon wrenched his hand away. “Jiyong. A Dragon Tamer. I'm with her, like I said. What? Do you want to hear a whole autobiography?"

"Jiyong." She warned. There was tension in the air. "What's wrong?"

As if something had flipped a switch inside Taemins head, his eyes softened along with his rigid posture as he stepped back. "I'm sorry. It's nothing. I'm sorry you had to witness that."

"Right. Was it the globe? Sorry about that." GD said, though he didn't sound sorry.

Jae Ren pulled him away. "We're sorry. We were curious."

"No. It's nothing." Taemin rubbed his temples. "But yes. This globe is very important. Onew hyung was using it. I guess he forgot that he left it here."

"Using it?" GD echoed.

"Yes. He can check the status of the earth’s core and tectonic plates with this globe. It's a part of his job." Taemin said. Jae Ren noticed he was staring at GD, as if studying him.

"I thought his job was locating creatures that should be invited to Sanctuary?" She asked.

"That, too." Taemin tore his eyes from the dragon tamer. "But since he uses gravitation magic, no one's more suited than him for this job. He does it every six months for the past centuries so he has gotten used to it."

"But there are other gravity users." GD pointed out, still fixated on the globe. He seemed to be really interested.

"He's the best at what he does." Taemin shrugged. "The councilmen even deemed him an irreplaceable asset to Sanctuary."

"Asset." GD snorted. "How old is he?"

Jae Ren elbowed him. "He's a lot older than you. So shut up."

Taemin still answered. "812. And I'm 746. Why? How old are you?"

"I'm 21." GD regarded the suspicious look Taemin was giving him with a blank one. "I was just asking."

"Is there something wrong?" Jae Ren asked, concerned. There was something cold and distant with the way Taemin was talking.

He laughed.

GD gave Jae Ren a curious look, but the latter only shook her head.

"Jae Ren. Can't you tell?" Taemin chuckled. "He's not who he says he is. Who are you, really?" He then asked GD.

Her eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you trying to say?" G-Dragon raised an eyebrow at him, not amused. But Jae Ren also noticed the panic in his eyes.

Taemin shook his head, still laughing. "I can't believe this. I had never met anyone like you in such a long time."

"A dragon tamer?" Jae Ren asked, but no. She knew it was something else. Slowly, the panic started to show more in GD's face.

"Jae Ren," The time warlock smiled, as if just having made a big discovery. It actually was. "This warlock you are with is over 900 years-old. It's hard to tell exactly how old, but I'm at least sure of that. And I recognize him." His face turned into a mask.

"Don't." GD warned him, "You'll scare her." He turned to Jae ren, desperate.

"Jae..." Taemin gave her an apologetic look. It was as if he was sorry she didn’t know. “He was questioned for the burnt encampment your parents were in.”

“How you’re saying it is a little misleading, don’t you think?” GD scowled at him.

"What?" She asked, paling. "Jiyong?"

He looked at her with an expression she couldn't quite decipher. Regret was there, though.

Taemin said, "Dragon's did burn your parents’ encampment to the ground. The news was everywhere. His face was in the papers that day."

GD tried to approach her, "You have to listen to me first. Please. I didn't kill them-"

"Why? Because they were already dead when you turned them to ash? There weren’t even bodies in the casket because of you!"

"Try to calm down, Jae..." Taemin whispered as he looked at her in awe and fear. She was emanating something he couldn't see, but he felt it. A strong power she could get in trouble for if she used. "Jae Ren, please."

"I never would have thought..." She couldn’t finish.

She didn't run away. She just walked calmly out, completely unapproachable with the aura she had.

Onew appeared not long after in front of the two who were in a state of shock. "I had my suspicions." He simply said.

GD stood there, completely silent.

"You won't be able to chase after her or find her while she's like that. Honestly, I do not recommend it, either. Just give her-"

"Time?" GD snorted. "Ironic." He shot Taemin a cold look. "This is your fault."

Taemin blinked, "No. I believe this is on you."

“I would have told her in the right time. I didn’t know there was someone like you here!” GD raked his hand over his hair in frustration. “That pet of hers is going to explode.” He muttered.

I doubt he would be able to do much damage to you. Onew thought to himself. “… You’re sure you didn’t-“

“I don’t care what you think I did,” GD gave them both a look- a look that told them they shouldn’t ask him anymore questions. “If I had killed someone, I doubt I would be able to walk freely around this place.”

Onew and Taemin watched as he left in a flurry of anger that they almost saw it surround him.

“He’s not angry at me, is he?” Taemin asked as soon as they heard the front door slam shut.

Onew gave him a look of pity, “I wonder?”






You guys don't really think I can kill Leo, do you?

 

Hahahaha well, I'll leave that up to your imaginations  ヘ(= ̄∇ ̄)ノ But if you're up for a spoiler (since I am such a nice person lol) I'll say it but only on a PM hahahaha