Left To Be Said

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

"Did she tell you where she was heading?" N asked. They decided they would leave the rest of the work to Hansol and B-Joo. And the still missing Topp Dogg members.

Leo shook his head. "Didn't ask. She didn't tell you?"

"No. She wouldn't tell me." N muttered. "She said I should just let her have this one."

"Maybe to Taemin. To thank him." Hongbin suggested.

"Or study with him." Ravi said.

"No. She doesn't have the strength to use magic yet." Hongbin had observed she wouldn't be able do much of anything concerning magic after a few days if she had been sick.

"Her body, like mine, prioritizes magic before health. But after an illness, her body would put all its strength to regain health. You need to understand how her body works if you wish to help her live a long life." Taemin had told him. "Being immune from old age doesn't mean immortal. If you're not careful, a simple fever could kill her."

"Maybe to GD. He is her friend." Ken said only to earn a sharp look from N.

"She wouldn't." The older sharply inhaled.

"She could." Leo pointed out.

"Why do you hate that guy so much?" P-Goon curiously asked. "He may not be all that bad if Jae Ren likes him."

"I don't trust him. He has this weird smell on him- and it is not dragons." N swore. "Ken, you can smell him, right?"

"Well, yeah, I smell it too. Something old and kind of... yeah, a weird smell." Ken shrugged, not able to explain either.

"Weird smell or not, he's a nice guy." Ravi said with Hongbin nodding in agreement.

"Weird smells often mean a weird secret." Seogoong warily stated. "Did you try asking him?"

N rolled his eyes. "It's not like he'll answer. He won't even say my name correctly. It's only one letter!" He complained as he rubbed ice on the bruise Leo left on his stomach.

"So about Jae ren," Leo ignored him, "Didn't she tell any of you?" He didn't believe she wouldn't tell at least one. "Xero?"

Xero shook his head, not bothering to look at him. "I can't tell. I promised."

"Me too." Hyuk admitted. At least, it wasn't only him. "But she'll be fine." Though they had already guessed correctly.

She was heading to G-Dragons place to thank him properly. After that, she'll then go to Taemin for reasons she wouldn't tell Hyuk.

"She'll be fine. She's capable." Xero agreed. "It's not like she'll run into any trouble here." Even he, though, did not know why Jae Ren was going to Taemin. Honestly, he did not know who the two people she was talking about were in the first place. They were just names to him. That still made him curious though.

N heaved another long sigh. He was defeated. And disappointed. "Of course she wouldn't tell me. Whatever. I'm going back to digging the hole." He left in low spirits.

"Have fun." Ken chortled.

"Leo. Are you being forced to leave?"

Leo looked at Xero, "No."

Everyone in the room remained silent.

"Then you won't stay anyway?" Xero pressed.

"Xero." P-Goon gave him a look. "There are things you shouldn't ask."

"Why not? Everyone is dying to know." The younger replied. "I'd rather know the harsh truth than not know anything at all. He's free to answer or not."

Leo didn't know where to look, since everyones eyes were mostly on him now.

"She needs me. She's not the same person she was years ago. I don't plan on justifying her actions, since she knows for herself how wrong she was."

"Is that all?"

"Xero." P-Goon snarled.

"Tell them. Something's been off with you." Xero ignored him. He knew everyone wanted to know.

"I want to be there for her." Leo stiffly said, "It's not for long. I just want to be there for her when she passes. She's dying."

"And she told you that?" Ken asked, breaking his silence. "How can you be so sure? She could by lying-"

"She didn't tell me. I could just sense it." Oddly, Leo felt defensive.

"How?" Ravi asked, uncharacteriscally shaken.

Leo sighed. "Because I'm her guardian. It's possible, but I could die along with her."

Hongbin sighed, “You didn’t plan on telling us?”

“Why would he? The lot of you has just been waiting on him the whole time.” Xero muttered, earning a hard slap on the back from Seogoong.

“That’s enough.” He said.

Leo shook his head, “I didn’t think it would matter. It’s not like I have a choice. I’m sorry.”

Ken glanced outside the window. It didn’t seem like N had heard. Or he did, he just didn’t want to react. Or he knew. Probably.

“I have to go back. I didn’t plan on staying here this long, initially. But I’ll try to stay in Sanctuary as long as I can.” Leo stood up to leave, “Don’t tell her. Not yet.”

“This would crush her.” Ravi whispered.

It would, Leo knew. He didn’t really believe keeping it a secret would help, either. But this is all I can do now.

He left quietly. Not one person was able to stop him, nor their shock.

From outside, N heard everything. It wasn't that hard, since he was actually trying to eavesdrop.

Well. I knew as much. He told himself, I just didn't want to be there to see everyones faces. Not to mention, let them see mine.