No Good Bye’s

My Six Voodoo Dolls II

They didn't say good bye.


Jae Ren could hear them, though. She heard them fighting in the living room - her door was left a little open.  Hyuk  was on the verge of a breakdown and Ravi's aggression was found in his tone. Ken and Hongbin remained silent. She felt their presence leave the area as she held on to VIXX's doll. All the while, she just watched over them for their safety.
 

"Isn't this what you wanted?"

N thought, feeling Jae Ren watching over them.

The others were unaware, he knew. They were too focused on their anger towards him.

"You could at least tell us why." Ravi retorted under his breath.

N didn't waste any time and moved in his fastest pace, them following behind. He knew the blind exits of Sanctuary and was leading them there. He couldn't bring himself to even talk.

There was a certain way VIXX regarded Jae Ren. At first, she was supposed to be nothing less than a figure who would dictate how they were supposed to live for the rest of their lives. But after being shown kindness, things just became complicated. Their relationship became warped and disfigured. It became a lie.

Grotesque, even. N thought. You told us you didn't want guardians, you wanted friends. You wanted family. I thought I could believe that, but you, yourself, were the one who denied that.

You just gave me proof that we aren't suited for that kind of relationship.

"When we get there." He knew he was being unfair, but his state of mind wasn’t calm enough to reason out to them. I need to talk to Leo.

He was ironically aware of how blinded he was right now by his own emotions. It showed in his current state.

Once approaching the exit, he halted to a stop to carefully enter the rift in the shadow realm. He consciously touched his silver hair, thinking it would be hard to camouflage himself out there. Not only because his head now reflected light, but because he really was incapable of some of his normal functions. 

"Ravi, be on high-alert. I'm unable to conceal myself right now." Before the younger could retort, N looked at all of them in the eye. Everyone was behind him the whole time, so it was just now that they got a good look of his expression. "This isn't the time to fall apart. I know I have no right to say that, considering I am the one who is being a burden right now. But, there are times when you just have to trust me. Over the years of me looking after you guys, for just this one moment, pardon my weak state."

Hongbin spoke up, "It would be easier to do that if you tell us the problem."

"We're the problem, Hongbin." N answered without wasting a beat. "You just have to trust me. This is something we have to talk about as a group."

 

 

“They left.” Taemin walked in the house library without announcement.

Onew nodded in agreement. “You shouldn’t be spying on them.” It had been a long time since any of his brothers had any contact with each other. Just a few days ago, Key had also left once again. For being together for so long, it was no longer a need to be physically present to feel connected to each other. Having reminded himself of that much, Onew realized he has grown accustomed to Taemin's presence once again.

“You shouldn’t be letting them leave.”

The older stopped writing and sighed. “I am on a day off.”

“So, you knew.” Taemin accused. “You have never taken a day off for decades. Where are they going?”

The older couldn't help but notice how energetic Taemin was these days. “I don’t know.” Onew admitted. “But you saw the state that boy was in. I thought it would be enough for a last favor.”

“You don’t know that.” Taemin stressed, “I’ve seen worse.”

“You have,” He agreed, “but this is beyond medicine for physical ailments. You know that.”

The younger fell silent in his stubbornness. He felt like a child, once again.

“They are not beyond help. They are just beyond our help.” Onew said, “He must have a plan already.”

You have too much faith in them to the point of blindness. Taemin, without another word, left. He collected his things into a compact wallet made for storing what 5 bags could. I guess this is the end of the fun.

He made his way to Jae Ren’s house, planning to say goodbye. But as he neared the house, he felt it clearly.

There was no one home.