Welcome Home

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

Rima tilted her head, forming a sad smile while she grabbed the bejeweled red and white mask that perfectly matched her costume.

“My dream guy? Really Goldi?”

 

Don’t leave me okay? I love you, you idiot….

I love you too Red…

 

“Yeah! Why not? There’s bound to be a few cute guys tonight! Everyone in town was talking about the party!” Goldi threw her hands in the air, spinning in a circle and giggling out of excitement. “And I know my dream guy will be here too!’ She exclaimed as she walked down the hallway back into the living room and let herself fall onto the couch.

Rima smiled as she followed her sister, leaning over the back of the couch and staring down at the girl.

“That is, if you find him...and if he’s cute, you better hope I don’t find him first!” Rima teased.

Goldi shot up, glaring. “You wouldn’t...” he half threatened.

Rima shrugged in response. Goldi’s eyes widened and she took off after the younger girl, giggling and grinning as she chased Rima around the furniture and down the hallways.

Rima jumped onto the couch and pulled one of the cushions in front of her, using it as a shield.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry, Goldi! I was just joking!” Rima yelled as Goldi sneered, slowly making her way towards Rima.

 

“Oh no. It’s too late to apologize now. You’ve made a fatal mistake and now you shall-” the older girl stopped mid sentence as the doorbell rung twice.

Glaring at Rima, Goldi found her sister grinning.

“I’ll get you later," she whispered before pulling the mask over her face and motioning for Rima to follow her lead.

Rima did as Goldi instructed and watched as she opened the door.

Three guys entered the house, masks covering their eyes, leaving only grins to be seen. One was brown haired with an angelic smile. The second had slightly lighter brown hair and a mischievous smile. The third, smaller boy with a heart shaped smile had his arm wrapped in a sling. Rima’s smile faded as she slowly made her way toward the third boy.

 

“Please don’t die. I promise you’ll be fine. You just have to make it through this. When he dies, the spell on the villagers is released! They won’t be mind controlled anymore. They can help me fix you up so you have to make it, do you understand?”

 

“Your arm...it’s in sling….” Rima mumbled, grabbing everyone’s attention.

Slowly placing her hand on the boy's arm, she ran her hand up it and stopped at his shoulder where she could feel extra padding. Looking from his shoulder to his face, she found a heart shaped smile she knew too well. Rima froze. She didn’t know what else to do but to stand there and stare at the boy. Noticing the dazed girl, he leaned down, inches away from her ear, and whispered.

“Did I keep my promise?”

Rima’s eyes widened as he stood back upright and she could see a flash of yellow in his eyes. Rima grinned and wanted to wrap her arms around all of the boys, but her thoughts were interrupted when six other guys joined them at the door.

“Yo! What’s up? We heard about the party here tonight!” a tall guy shouted from the curb.

The closer they came, the more Rima realized that there were three giants and three rounder guys, faces all covered with masks.

One of the guys had a cheesy smile with large ears poking out from under his snapback. The second had an irritable expression, his hands tucked inside his pockets; while the third had red hair and seemed to just follow along.

“So, is there a party here tonight or not?” the same boy questioned.

Goldi smiled and nodded.

“Right this way!” she exclaimed as she led the pack of nine into their house.

Rima smiled a little as she watched the pack walk into the house. Her eyes widened immediately as an arm found its way around her shoulder. Looking up, she found the giant with the cheesy grin.

 

“One, I wanted to make sure you were okay. I had to be positive. I’m glad to see you are. Two, I know you didn’t leave us without good reason. I trust you, and I know you trust us so I won’t question it. I just wanted you to know that even though were only wolves, we’ve been training really hard. Making sure we’ll be able to withstand the guns once time comes.”

 

“Glad to see you made it back, Red. We missed you!” he whispered quietly.

Rima smiled as she saw the latest two turn around and smile, nodding approvingly. Unwrapping his arm from her, the giant grinned brightly and ruffled her hair before joining the crew inside.

Rima's lips started to quiver and she could feel tears trickle down her cheek. Her mind wandered, but she didn’t have much time to think before another voice interrupted her.

“Annyeong! Is this where the party is? Are we too late?”

Rima turned around and a smile immediately found its way back across her face.  

“Yeah, this is the party. You’re just in time too. The other, should I say guests, just made it.”

Three boys made their way toward her, one grinning brightly while the other two lingered behind.

“Yah! You’re not supposed to know who we are. That’s the point of the masks, Red.”

Rima smiled and ran to the boy, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

“How stupid do you think I am? I can smell you guys miles away! Plus, that heart shaped grin and that irritable attitude? Some of you really at acting. I’m so glad you’re okay though!” she mumbled into the boy's ear while tears fell down her cheek, tightening her grip around him.

These tears, for once were different from the rest she had shed so far. These were tears of joy instead of pain.

“A-Annyeong, Red….It’s nice to finally meet you,” a small voice whispered and Rima pulled away from the boy.

Tilting her head at the two others, she walked towards them and stopped right in front of them.

“Oh?”

The two boys looked down at the floor, not uttering another word. They felt horrible for what they had done to her, how they had betrayed her, how they had threatened to kill her. Not daring to look up, their eyes widened when they both felt a hand upon their cheeks.

“You two are even more stupid than my first bunch. And they were special.”

“Yah! Who are you calling special?!” a new voice yelled, grabbing everyone’s attention.

Rima could see a set of four guys making their way to the house from down the street.

“And their hearing is better than ever,” she said with a smile.

“Of course!” the new boy shouted back.

Rima shook her head before lightly kissing the two boys before her on the cheek.

“I’m glad you two are fine. Now go party and don’t overthink it.” Turning to the third boy, Rima smiled once more. “I think Goldi will kill me if I kiss you, and she won’t be the only one. She is looking for you though! Tell her, I’ve found my dream guy and not to worry!”

The boy nodded and watched as Rima took off running toward the last pack of guys. The pack she had been most anxious to see. The guy she had been most anxious to see.

Rima could feel the corners of her lips tug up into a smile so bright it hurt. She ran as fast as she could and felt just a little bad for passing everyone up and running straight to one boy in particular. She smiled as she jumped into his arms. The boy swung her around in a circle before putting her back down. Tears now poured down her cheek as her purple eyes met his yellow ones.

“You idiot,” she mumbled before burying her head into his chest, hitting his shoulder once.

The boy smiled as he placed his hands on her waist, lightly resting his head on hers.

“You’re such a freaking idiot, Xiumin. Do you know that?”

Rima could feel Xiumin's head moving up and down as he nodded.

“I love you, too, Red. I knew you could do it, though.”

“And I knew you were watching me. Helping me. Protecting me wherever I went.”

“What did you expect? I told you I’d find some way to be by your side, always.”

Xiumin tightened his grip around the girl in his arms and Rima could feel his tears hitting the top of her head. Looking up she found a smiling, crying boy. It was the face she missed to see. The eyes she longed to get lost in. The arms she’d die to be in. The lips she yearned to kiss once more.

Standing on her tippy toes, Rima placed her hands on Xiumin's cheeks, wiping his tears with her thumbs and slowly placing her lips upon his. It didn’t take long for the boy to realize what was happening and give in. They smiled into their kiss as a group of ‘awws’ could be heard in the background. For them, time once again stood still.

Not because Rima was close to death. Not because Xiumin was miles, days, months away from her grasp. Not because she was the only thing running through his mind, and definitely not because someone was dying again.

No.

This time, it stood still because she had finally found him. Finally got to be in his arms again and finally got to kiss his soft and warm lips again.

Breaking the kiss, Rima smiled up at Xiumin and wrapped her arms around his neck. Her eyes turned yellow to match his, and Xiumin wrapped his arms tightly around her, making sure to never let go again. Rima smirked before kissing him lightly once more.



 

“Oh my, what big eyes you have”

 


Next Chapter will just be a rant so....you don't have to read it if you don't want to. And in case you choose not to read it, I want to thank you so so much for reading my stories!! I really hope you enjoyed them all and you have no clue how happy it makes me that you took the time out of your busy day just to read this!! Thank you and each and every one of you deserves a cookie!! *Hands you cookie* Much love to all of you!!! :D