Wake up

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

Inhale…..Exhale

 

“Rima” The girl sat there, motionless besides the constant wandering of her eyes as she heard a female voice calling out to her.

 

Inhale…..Exhale…..

 

“Rima, can you hear me?” It questioned. Rima’s eyes returned to the wolf before her and she found a smile on his face. She nodded lightly, as much as her aching body would allow her to.

 

Inhale…..

 

“If you can hear me, WAKE UP!” It yelled.

 

Exhale…

 

Her eyes widened as her vision became blurry. She could feel her arm slowly picking itself up and reaching out toward the wolf, only to have it go straight through him. Tears fell down her cheek as she tried to wrap her mind around everything that was happening until the voice ree last time.

 

Inhale

 

“GET UP ALREADY!” The voice yelled one last time and Rima could see the entire fairy tale vanish before her eyes.

Rima inhaled deeply as she shot up, her eyes growing bigger than two saucers. Looking around, she found herself sitting upright in a bed, the covers only halfway pulled over her now.

Her head shot around the room and for a split second she thought she had ended up in another fairy tale, that was until a familiar face popped up right in front of her in the doorway to the room. There stood a girl, long blonde curls and blue eyes brushing her teeth. She wore a costume that resembled a fairy tale character that she knew too well.

 

Goldi’s real name is Gina

 

“You do realize you’ve been asleep for hours now, correct? I had to go pick up the little brats myself. Thanks for nothing.”

Rima swallowed once as she continued to eye the girl in the doorway. The girl paused for a moment, returning Rima’s glare.

“Goldi…” Rima mumbled under her breath baerly audible. Shocked, speechless, nothing else would escape her lips. Her mind went haywire as she tried to put 1 and 1 together.

“What?” The girl questioned. Rima shook her head as she removed the blanket completely and slowly, step by step, inched over to the girl stopping only inches in front of her.

Goldi side eyed her, wondering just what exactly had gotten into her until she spoke up.

“Who are you and what have you done to Goldi? Where are my wolves and how did I get here? What happened??” Rima questioned as she put her hands on the other girl’s cheeks, smooshing them in the process and making goldi look directly at her.

“I have no clue what you’re talking about! Are you sick or something?!” Rima was unsatisfied with her answer. Growing angrier with the stranger she yelled, tears now rolling down her cheek.

“WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE ARE MY WOLVES?!”

Goldi, growing sick of the younger girl yelling at her, grabbed her wrists and held them down by their sides.

“What is your problem Red? I am Gina, your older sister but people tend to call me Goldi. As for the wolves, I really have no clue what you’re talking about. The kids are downstairs waiting for you though so whenever you get your mind right, feel free to come downstairs.”

She stated in a calm tone before letting go of the younger girl. Rima looked down at the floor and she could hear the girl’s footsteps slowly moving away from her.

“Goldi! Wait!” Rima yelled one last time, her gaze staying on the carpeted floor of the bedroom. She could hear the footsteps come to a halt.

“What Red?”

“The kids...who do you mean by that?” her gut already knew the answer but she hoped, in a way, that she was wrong.

 

Hansel and Gretel are actually Harry and Grace.

 

“Harry and Grace, duh. Aunt’s kids.”

Rima’s eyes widened and she had to know one last thing.

 

Me, as your dear aunt

 

“Aunt?”

She could hear Goldi chuckle and dared to peek up at her.

“You know, the ‘Witch’. She told me to come and get the kids for the costume party tonight. Not the brightest idea though if you ask me. Tonight’s party won’t be a place for little kids. Hopefully they'll go to sleep before then.” She grinned before waving the younger off and walking down the long hallway.

Standing in the doorway of the room, she looked back into it. She folded her hands in front of her and couldn’t believe her eyes. There, in all of it’s glory was her parent’s room. The room she loved to be in when she felt down. The exact same room Xiumin told her what he had done. The room where everything started. Walking over to the dresser, tears trickled down her cheek as she found the two urns standing proudly with a picture of her parents and her. Her eyes widened as she found a second picture right by it's side. In it two small babaies could be found. One, wrapped in a red cloth while the other was wrapped in a golden colored one. Had that picture always been there? Why hadn't she noticed it before?

Using her hand to wipe her eyes she heard a slight jingle that startled her. Opening them wide she grinned as she twisted her wrist back and forth, making the jingling noise over and over again. The charm bracelet was still attached to her wrist, now completely fulfilled with four wolf charms and one that looked like a basket.

Smiling, she sighed once and turned to walk out of the door, slowly pulling it shut behind her. Deciding to see ‘the kids’ she walked to the staircase and looked down. She could see black and orange balloons running down along it, joined by fake spiderwebs and a few black spiders attached to it.

“It’s Halloween all over again…” She mumbled to herself sadly, making her way down. She admired the decorations strewn around the house and a smile crept upon her face.

“Red! You really look like Red now!” She could hear a small voice yelling and before she had the chance to think it over, two small children crashed into her almost knocking her down. She giggled as she wrapped her arms around the two kids that were already hugging her tightly.

“Hey kids. What’s up?” She questioned them, and it somewhat felt normal. Grinning they looked up at her and she immediately knew who they were. It wasn’t rocket science after all.

“Nothing! Goldi picked us up earlier for the party!” The girl, dressed up as gretel exclaimed with a bright smile on her face.

“And Goldi said we can have a friend over since she’s going to put us in the guest room for the night. We told her we wouldn’t tell mommy if we can have a friend.” The boy smiled. Looking down at them she grinned widely. She couldn’t believe that just a little while ago they were wielding a set of guns, with perfect aim at that. Or….were they?

The ringing of the doorbell brought Rima back out of her trance and she watched as Goldi moved to open the door. A small boy stood on the other side, short black hair and a eerie grin. Furrowing her brows, she shook her head and looked back at the boy, who seemed completely normal now. He grinned as he walked up to Rima.

Rotkäppchen” He said happily and Rima’s smile faded. Her face as pale as a sheet she eyed the boy, not daring to take her gaze off of him.

“What did you just call me?” She questioned him and with a big grin, he repeated himself.

Rotkäppchen. It means Little Red Riding Hood in German.” He explained. She could feel her heart racing in her chest as he grinned innocently but Rima didn’t have much time to think because before she knew it, the kids had grabbed a hand each and ran off upstairs into the guest room. Rima’s gaze stayed upon the empty spot until Goldi walked up on her and hit her shoulder lightly.

"Are you okay Red? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She pointed out jokingly.

“Huh? Oh..No...Yeah, I’m okay! So, who all is coming to this party?” Rima asked, trying to change the subject because to her it did, in fact, feel like she’d just seen a ghost walk into her house and up the stairs.

Goldi sneered a little, wrapping an arm around the youngers shoulder and walking her into the kitchen.

“Oh, just a few guys and maybe some girls from school. Oh, and by the way” She started before eyeing Rima.

“There’s one in there that’s mine, understood? I don’t care who you go after but stay away from mine.” She announced poking the youngers shoulder and making her giggle a little.

“Fine fine! Point him out to me when he gets here and I’ll make sure to stay away. I didn’t know you had a boyfriend though!”

 

I didn’t know I had family until a little while ago either….

 

Goldi started scratching the back of her neck awkwardly and grinned.

“Well, he’s not my boyfriend...yet.”

“Yet?” Rima repeated, mocking her older sister. Goldi eyed her for a moment before continuing to drag Rima into the kitchen with her.

“Yes, yet. He will be mine. And I can’t point him out to you either” She paused before smirking at the younger girl. Grabbing a mask off of the kitchen table she held it up to Rima’s eyes.

“This party isn’t just a normal party, it’s a masquerade. So, have a little fun tonight and flirt with whoever you want! Who knows, maybe you’ll even find your dream guy tonight!”

 


Okay! Just a small head up to everyone. The next chapter will be the last chapter so be prepared for a speach! I love you guys so so much so it's only natural for me to make a speach, right? ^-^