Let's play a game

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

The sky turned into a beautiful orange color as the sun started to hide it’s face once more. Rima and her crew of four traveled through the woods, admiring the view of the light shining through the leaves but still making sure to keep their eyes open. The girl led the way with the children by her side while Baekhyun and Goldi traveled closely behind her. Glancing back at Goldi for a minute Rima interrupted the silence that had came over their group.

“Say, Goldi. That charm. Did you ever manage to reverse it?” She questioned, keeping her eyes ahead of the pack. Goldi’s eyes lit up as she nodded at the younger girl.

“I did actually. I worked on it last night” She stared making her way up to Rima. Looking over her shoulder she swung her arms around Rima’s neck holding the charm out far enough in front of them so both girls could see it.

“See? If  a wolf, besides the one behind me, comes close to us it starts beeping and depending on how close they are, the faster and louder the beeping.” She explained as she twirled the charm in front of their faces. Rima eyed it, tilting her head in awe.

“That’s actually really neat.” She mumbled under her breath as she grabbed for the charm. Goldi happily handed it over and released the girl, slowing her pace once more to match Baekhyun’s. Rima eyed the small charm that layed in her hand, almost dropping it as a small sound emitted from it. Her eyes widened and the crew froze, immediately surrounding the girl with the charm. Hansel poked it curiously and eyed it as the sound slowly started to grow louder, faster.

“Like that?” Gretel questioned eyeing their surroundings suspiciously. Goldi nodded as everyone followed the girls actions, eyeing the trees and bushes surrounding them as everything suddenly became suspicious. The trees seemed to grow darker as if they were watching, waiting for them to make a wrong move. The bushes moved wherever they looked, crept closer slowly surrounding them all.

Louder, faster the charm started to beep sounding like a fire alarm stuck on repeat until slowly turning into an alarm clock that wouldn’t shut up.

 

Beep - Beep - Beep - Beep - Beep -

 

Every ear piercing sound that came from the charm sent the small pack into a new panic mode, turning every which way to make sure a surprise attack was impossible.

“Get ready.” Baekhyun whispered, gaining everyone’s attention as his eyes turned into the fire red color that never had a good outcome. Rima nodded at the boy by her side as she watched him turn into a tan wolf, readying himself for his enemy. The true bad guys. His friends. His family.

Rima turned her gaze forward, placing her hands on the guns that were strapped to her waist. She didn’t need a mirror or anyone else to know her eyes had changed once more to match the wolf’s by her side. The crew stood in a circle, backs toward each other, making sure not to leave any blind spots, any opportunities. The charms alarm turned into a screeching that could resemble a siren and, finally growing sick of the sound, Rima took the charm and threw it to the ground shooting it once and breaking it that instant.

A deadly silence fell over them after the gunshot could be heard echoing through the forest. Bushes rustled, leaves moved without any reason and soon, two figures appeared straight ahead.

Their fangs were clearly visible as they growled at the small gang. Fur standing on the back of their necks and eyes glowing red they slowly made their way toward them, putting one paw in front of the other Rima could feel the ground beneath her feet shake. Taking a deep breath, Rima stepped out in front of her friends and stared down the black wolf. Stopping in front of the small girl, his eyes met hers.

“What do you want.” Rima questioned as her eyes never dared to waver from the beast. She watched as it slowly turned back into the curly haired boy she recognized from before.

“You know what we want.” He pointed out sternly as the other wolf changed shaped and turned into the other boy.

“We want you to pay for everything you’ve done and we want Baekhyun back.” He chimed in, staring at Rima and glancing at Baekhyun from time to time. Baekhyun remained in his wolf state.

“Baekhyun is mine now.” Rima started before being interrupted by a rather cocky and playful voice.

“And if you want him, you’ll have to go through us first you furball!” It smirked, wrapping it’s arms around Rima’s neck and putting it’s head onto her shoulder. Rima smiled as she looked at it’s owner only to find none other than Goldi.

“Yeah! And us too!” Hansel and Gretel chimed in unison joined by the click of guns. They were ready. All of them. From the oldest down to the youngest. The most fearsome looking to the most innocent. The biggest to the smallest. All of them, they were ready.

The boy smirked as he watched Goldi unwrap herself and pull out a gun of her own, pointing it at the wolf ahead of her. Rima eyed the three for a moment, and surely would have panicked if the guns had contained real bullets but she knew Goldi had  replaced them all with tranquilizing darts. What she didn’t know though was if they would work on such big wolves as them.

“Lets’ play a little then.” The boy smiled before turning his back on them, walking back to join his friend’s side. Rima closed her eyes for a moment and inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled once more and her eyes shot open. That smell. There was something about it that didn’t seem quite right but she didn’t know what exactly it was. Glancing down at the tan wolf she could see that he smelled it too.

“Baekhyun…” She whispered as lowly as she could manage. The wolf looked up at her and nodded.

It was her.

She was somewhere near. Close enough to watch everyone being shred to pieces but far enough to be safe but what she didn’t expect was for Rima to have a nose sometimes better that either of the wolves.

Rima glanced back at the wolves before turning her gaze on the one by her side. She smiled before climbing onto his back and watched as everyone’s attention her. She pulled the red hood over her head and sneered.

“I’m really sorry about this but we have a playdate to attend to ourselves. Can you three play with the puppies for a while?” Rima grinned, turning her attention toward Goldi. The yellow eyed girl smiled and nodded as her eyes met the red pair.

“Sure. We’ll have a little fun with them. You go play.” Rima nodded, smiling brightly before rubbing the wolf.

“Let’s go Baekhyun.” She whispered, leaning down on the wolf. Nodding he turned and took off into the forest, leaving nothing but a trail of dust behind. Goldi could see the anger that rose in the other two wolves as they started into their direction. Shooting once, inches before their paws she smiled as they eyed her.

“Where do you think you’re going? You’re supposed to be playing with us!” Goldi whined in an annoying tone.

“Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t shoot. The next one won’t miss. Now, how about we play a little game?”

 

 


 

Rima’s eyes widened as the wolf beneath her slowed its pace and finally came to a stop. Staring straight ahead both, her and the wolf turned silent. No birds could be heard off in the distance. The rest of her friends were no longer heard and not even the breathing of the wolf could be heard anymore.

Baekhyun broke the silence a few minutes later, growling deeply at the figure that had appeared in front of them. It smiled, waving a stick around in a circle matching the flow of the dark clouds above their heads. Hopping off of the beast Rima stood beside him, eyeing it. Looking at Baekhyun’s glowing red eyes she didn’t have to question who it was.

“Aw, did my baby come back to play?” She questioned, staring at the tan wolf who stood his ground not daring to leave Rima’s side.

Rima’s eyes stayed focused on her. She looked older than Rima, not by too much though. Long black hair that fell down her shoulders and ended halfway down her back. A grin that could easily be mistaken for as a kind smile and eyes that glowed green in color, matching the lightning that light up the sky around them every now and then.

“And I see you brought a friend too” She sneered as her attention turned toward the hooded girl.

“Well, let me welcome you to my beautiful castle. I am the witch of the west and I love to play games. How about we have some fun Little Red Riding Hood”