Protect Baekhyun, Kill Red

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

Now the Wicked Witch of the West had but one eye, yet that was as powerful as a telescope, and could see everywhere. So, as she sat in the door of her castle, she happened to look around and saw Dorothy lying asleep, with her friends all about her. They were a long distance off, but the Wicked Witch was angry to find them in her country; so she blew upon a silver whistle that hung around her neck.

At once there came running to her from all directions a pack of great wolves. They had long legs and fierce eyes and sharp teeth.



Walking out of the back room, Baekhyun smiled as he saw Goldi laying on her couch fast asleep. She had given up her bed to the boy last night, choosing to sleep on the couch instead.

He grinned as he walked over to the recliner, taking the blanket off of it and carefully placing it over Goldi making sure not to wake her in the process.

“Thank you.” He whispered to her before heading over to the kitchen. He sat down at the table with a heavy sigh before putting his head into his hands. Running his hands through his hair he closed his eyes for a moment. Thinking.

“Back in…”

“Don’t break your head over it.” A voice mumbled lowly and his eyes shot open. Turning his head to follow the voice he smiled as his eyes found it’s owner.

“Red. Good morning.”

“Morning Baekhyun.” She grinned a little rubbing her still closed eyes. Shuffling toward the kitchen she opened her eyes when she made it to the oven.

“I really wish Glinda was here to fix breakfast.” He could hear her mumble in a still sleepy voice as she rummaged through the cabinets for cooking utensils. He smiled as he shook his head at her, standing and finally joining her side.

 

“Get out. I’ll cook.” He commanded in a low tone as he lead Rima out of the kitchen and into the living room.

“But-”

“But nothing. I’ll fix breakfast and after, we can go and scope out the castle and see which way is the easiest. Got it?” Rima gave him the best smile she could manage at that moment and nodded as he guided her to the recliner.

“Sit. Stay.” He ordered with a smug grin. Rima glared at him.

“I’m not a dog.”

“I know, but you are a wolf.” He pointed out grinning as he made his way back into the kitchen. Leaning back in the recliner Rima looked around the room. She could baerly make out the weapons and ammo laying around as sleep still covered her eyes. Her gaze wandered around the room until finally stopping on the couch to her right. She grinned a little at the sight.

Goldi laid there covered in a small blanket, smiling. Rima never knew she could look that peaceful. On a small table beside her laid the tracking device disguised as a charm. She tilted her head at it. Had Goldi really reversed it? Rima shrugged it off for now, deciding to ask the girl about it later if she didn’t forget. She closed her eyes once more and leaned her head back, curling into a small ball and slowly drifting off again.

Seconds turned to minutes which ultimately turned into hours. Rima could hear voices whispering and she tossed a few times, trying her best to ignore them. The voices grew louder within minutes and soon she realized that they were never whispering in the first place.

“Yah! Goldi! Stop hogging all of the Syrup”

“Why should I? This is my house! I can hog whatever I want. Why don’t you two go home?”

“Because we can’t and you know that!”

“Goldi, you should really be nicer to them…”

She could hear Baekhyun point out in a soft voice and half expected a smart remark to come from the blonde. To her surprise, the only thing that was heard after was a small pout and a ‘Thank you’ coming from the kids. She furrowed her brows and rolled over to look at the bunch in the kitchen.

“No smart remarks from Goldi. That’s a first.” Rima grinned watching the crowd as their attention turned toward her.

“And how come no one woke me up for breakfast?” She continued as she wriggled her way out of the recliner.

“Baekhyun just got done. We were going to wake you up.” Gretel stated as a “I wasn’t” followed from Goldi.

“I wasn’t expecting you too” Rima growled a little at Goldi who stuck her tongue out in response. Baekhyun grinned as he fixed an extra plate for Rima, setting it in front of her with a fork and the bottle of syrup.

“Alright, after you guys get done, how about we go scope out the castle? We can go to that cliff with the waterfall and keep an eye on it. Try and figure out a way in.” Rima nodded, never taking her gaze from the pancakes.

“I think we should take a few weapons too. Just in case, ya know?” Goldi pointed out as she started to clear off the table. The children and Baekhyun nodded.

“Sounds great.” Rima mumbled, still full of food. She blinked a few times as the others eyed her.

“Alright. Goldi, you’ll pack the bags and help the kids get ready. Red, you get all of your stuff ready to go. We need to pack a lot of guns and ammo. Make sure you don’t leave anything important to you Red, Got it?” Everyone nodded at Baekhyun.

“You’re making it sound like we’re about to head into battle.” Goldi snickered, a bit nervous as Baekhyun her staring into her eyes.

“We just might be”

 


 

The woman snickered a little as she rubbed her hands on the crystal ball.

“Ah, so you’re planning on coming back to me my cute little wolf, and you’re bringing friends too? How nice. You’ll be making everything so much easier now.”

She grinned, leaning back in her chair.

“Luhan, Lay, sweeties. How about we go out for a little?” She questioned turning around to find two boys bowed down.

“But, my queen...this is Baekhyun...we couldn’t possibly…”

“Couldn’t possibly what, Lay?” She snapped at the boy, making her way toward him. He flinched instinctively as she placed her hand on his cheek.

“He…” Lay stopped. No other words formed after that and he froze. He could feel Luhan’s gaze on them, watching closely but never moving from his spot.

“He what?” She asked, lifting his head with two fingers so he was now looking directly into her eyes. Lay gulped and he could feel a lump form in his throat. His mind stopped working the instant she stopped in front of him and he no longer knew what to say anymore.

He didn’t want to hurt Baekhyun. The younger boy was his friend. The three of them had been together for as long as he could remember. He knew that now, since Red had bewitched Baekhyun, he would protect her. Protect all of them. Lay didn’t want to kill anyone Baekhyun would die trying to protect. Under no circumstances did Lay want to hurt Baekhyun and he knew Luhan felt the same way.

“He is nothing. We shall do whatever it takes to defeat the enemy, no matter who it is. Baekhyun has betrayed us and deserves to die, my queen.”

Lay’s eyes widened for a split second as he turned his gaze on Luhan. For the first time in his life he started to question his hearing.

“Oh? In that case, take this little brat right here and go prepare. We’ll leave in few minutes to greet our friends.”

“Yes, my queen.” Luhan bowed his head once more before standing upright and grabbing Lay, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind them. Never stopping, Luhan dragged Lay behind him as they walked up the stairs.

“Luhan….”

“You have a lot to learn. Never disobey our queen. She saved us, all of us. We owe her our life. She has taken well care of us.”

“But Luhan…”

The elder ignored Lay, interrupting his whining once more.

“We should owe her our life. We screwed up over and over again but she’s been nothing but good to us...but sometimes….” He stopped talking, his mind suddenly betraying him.

“Sometimes, family is more important than your own life.” He mumbled through clenched teeth. Lay looked up at him, smiling.

“Baekhyun is family. We have to get him back. We have to protect him, right?”

Luhan smiled, stopping in the middle of the stairway and looking down at Lay.

“We will protect him. Not for Red but for our family. Kill Red and protect Baekhyun.”