Tricking the Big Bad Wolf

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

The friendly little cottage belonged to three bears. One was a great big Papa Bear, one was a middle-sized Mama Bear, and one was a tiny little Baby Bear. That morning, the three bears decided to take a walk while their porridge – which tastes like oatmeal – was cooling. It was too hot to eat!



 

“Are you sure this will work, Red?” Goldi questioned in a hushed tone while Rima grinned and nodded.

The four of them had made their way out of town limits, into the forest. Rima carried the fake charm in her pocket and walked ahead of the trio.

“Now, just to make sure we got this right. You’ll be the bait and lure them out here while the rest of us take our positions and wait for your signal, correct?”

Rima nodded with a smile as they arrived at their destination. A small meadow laid before their eyes, covered in wild flowers and surrounded by the forest. Rima smiled as she watched the rays of sun dance around only being covered every now and then by passing clouds.

“Now, go. Remember the plan and wait for my signal.” She stated as she slowly turned around, making her way  into the meadow only to turn around once more. Looking at the trio behind her she found smiles spread across their faces.

“Be safe.” She mouthed toward them and while the children gave her a reassuring smile and nod, Goldi stuck out her tongue. Rima shook her head, knowing it was Goldi’s way of showing that everything was under control.

Taking a deep breath she now stood in the middle of the meadow, glancing back she found no one. Everyone had taken their positions off in the forest and waited patiently, quietly.

“Now, let’s see...how did I do that last night?” She questioned herself, trying to remember how she was able to release a howl as loud as she had. She inhaled, holding her breath for a few second and released a weak dog like howl toward the sky. Blinking a few times she ruffled her nose, and grinned when she heard rustling in the woods. She could tell Goldi was seconds away from jumping out and hitting her for sounding so stupid.

“How….”

She mumbled once more. Closing her eyes she cleared her mind, trying to think of every and anything that could have possibly been the trigger. She stood there, inhaled and exhaled as she listened to the chirping birds. Her mind started to blur as the sun shone down onto her face.

Today would be the perfect day to spend with you. Why can’t I see you yet….I miss you...I miss you more than anything in the world and there’s nothing I can do about it right now….

A sad smile formed on her face the more she thought about him. His smile, his warm touch, his soft voice lingering in her ear. She inhaled one more time, opened her eyes and finally, let out a howl. One loud enough to startle the birds in any nearby trees and send them scurrying off into the skies. Loud enough for the townspeople and Glinda to hear miles away. Loud enough for the witch to hear and maybe, just maybe she hoped he could hear her too.

As she stopped and lowered her head she grinned brightly, putting the puzzle pieces together.

“I see, so that’s how I do it.”

Her head shot up as she heard rustling in the woods, coming from the opposite direction of her friends this time. Her eyes widened as she watched three figures emerge from the woods. One large, black wolf with red eyes. It looked like Xiumin, was just as big as him too but this one had a small difference. This one had a small white spot on his right ear. The second, a little smaller was gray in color with the same red eyes. He looked fierce and sweet at the same time. One side of her wanted to walk away from him while the other wanted to run over to him and pet him.

Her gaze turned to the smaller tanish wolf and she smiled. He reminded her of Kai. She knew who it was, and she grinned even brighter the more she thought about her foolproof plan, only waiting to be set in motion. She stood still, making sure not to accidentally look in her friends’ direction and cause any suspicions. Putting her hands behind her back she stood still and waited. The biggest wolf slowly changed back and was replaced by a young boy that didn’t match the beast he truly was.

“You again. Do you want us to kill you?” Rima smiled at him and slowly shook her head.

“I don’t. I have something to do. Something to finish and people to meet so I can’t let you kill me.”

He walked up to her, stopping inches in front of her. Looking into his eyes she could see the same black swirls as she had seen in Baekhyun’s but the closer she looked the more she found something else hiding in them. Anger? Rage? Insanity? No. She found a helpless wolf. One who had no control over his own thoughts anymore. A hopeless, sad, broken wolf.

“Then why do you tempt us?” he questioned through his clenched teeth. She smiled at him before looking down at the floor.

Showtime Goldi. Be careful and be safe….

Rima used her right hand behind her back to make a peace sign, knowing Goldi was watching. It was the sign.

Goldi sat in a bush off in the forest, aimed at the ground beside the gray wolf and fired, which was followed by a shrill scream, startling everyone including Rima. The boy in front of Rima looked at the wolf behind him and nodded him off, ordering him to follow the sound. The gray wolf nodded and took off.

 

Rima could feel her heart pounding in her chest.

I said distract and separate…. That was overkill Goldi…

The boys attention landed on Rima once again.

“What, no who the hell was that?” He questioned the girl and Rima’s eyes widened as she put on the best ‘lost’ face she could manage.

“How should I know? It scared me just as much as you!”

Seriously...Talk about Heart attack

The boy seemed to believe her and Rima took a chance. It was now or never.

Your turn kids… show him whatcha got….Don’t hurt this one and good luck….

Using her left hand she straightened it, showing off her palm and waited patiently. Hansel knelt down into the bushes and aimed at the spot beside the tanish wolf while Gretel smiled once at her big brother before taking off. Once Hansel felt Gretel had gotten far enough he fired.

The wolf jumped back before looking down at the spot the bullet had just hit and then up toward the forest. He didn’t wait for permission from the older boy and took off. Guns could be heard randomly being fired all throughout the forest and Rima smiled a little under the hood of her cape.

The oldest boys head snapped back toward the girl, growling thought his fangs which were clearly visible now.

“You...this was all some type of setup wasn’t it? You tricked us?! You deserve to die.” He stated coldly, his gaze staying upon the girl. She could see the boy slowly changing back into a wolf and she slowly backed away from him until her mind and feet started working again. She turned around as fast as she possibly could without falling flat onto her face and ran toward the forest. She could hear a loud howl by time she reached the edge of the meadow that led back into the forest and closely following behind it was a set of paws.

The massive wolf was easily heard throughout the forest. The crunching of twigs, the heavy breathing, and the scurrying of smaller animals was an obvious sign that he was getting closer. She could also faintly hear the other wolves in the distance.

The black wolf was getting closer and closer by the minute and Rima started to pant, slowly out of breath. She dodged trees and loose limbs. Climbed over fallen logs and crossed a small streams of water. She tried her best to lose him but it was impossible. Turning back to check the distance she panicked when she saw the wolf turning corners, simply knocking down the trees in his path. Rima didn’t know how much further she could run or where to run to anymore until she ran, face first into a wall that wasn’t there. Her eyes widened as she fell backwards, landing first on the floor.

“No...no no no! This can’t be the end of the story! I have to get away from-”

Her sentence was interrupted as she could feel a breeze of hot air gracing her neck and heavy panting in her ear. She squeaked as she turned around and scooted with her back against the invisible wall. His snout was inches from her face, close enough to rip her head off in a matter of seconds. She panicked, her breathing becoming quicker as the set of red eyes stared into her now green ones. Afraid, she hugged her knees to her chest and shrunk as far back as she could, wishing she could disappear right now.  

Oh my….what big teeth you have…

 


So, since I'm in a super good mood today, and it's been a really good day...and it's my birthday! (Woo! ^-^!!) I decided to give you guys the next chapter REALLY early. Hope you enjoy!! :D