The Truth

Twisted Fairy Tales 4: Happily ever after...?

Rima smirked as her now blood red eyes met the witch’s green one’s.

 

“Play you say? Sounds fun.”

She stated in a playful tone, smiling innocently at her. As slowly as she could manage Rima placed her right hand on the pistol that was strapped to her waist. She could see the witch watching her but did nothing to stop her. Instead, she stood her ground twirling the wand round and round in a circle. Rima didn’t understand why she did nothing. It worried her.

She didn’t trust the grin on her face. The way she looked at her or how calm she just stood there. Something wasn’t right and Rima knew it. Both of them knew it. Looking down at the wolf she could see nothing but anger and furiosity in his eyes. The woman he trusted so blindly, only to find out that she was taking advantage of them to try and kill Red.

Rima kept her eyes locked on the woman ahead who still hadn’t moved an inch. Pulling the gun out of it’s holster she closed one eye and lined it up to where the bullet would pierce straight through the woman's skull. The witch smiled as she watched the younger girl in the distance, ready to put a bullet through her brain.

“Go ahead. Shoot me if you’re so eager but, wouldn’t you like to know the truth?” Rima hesitated. She eyed the woman keeping her aim straight.

“Truth about what?”

“About the fairy tales. How they all started.” Rima’s eyes widened and her cocky grin faded. She knew how it all started. Halloween night. She was Little Red Riding Hood and Xiumin had a mission to kidnap her grandmother because of a spell they were put under but he accidentally killed her parents in the process thus, twisting the fairy tales……

A spell….

Rima stood there, frozen in time as she thought the last three fairy tales over and over again. A spell was put on all of them but, no one ever told her who…

Her eyes the witch as the woman burst out in laughter.

“You finally figured it out Little Red Riding Hood! It took you long enough!”

A few tears fell from Rima’s eyes as she thought everything over. She felt numb, as if her entire world just came crashing down upon her. Baekhyun nudged her a little but she couldn’t feel it. She was long gone.

“You...It’s all your fault…..everything...why” She mumbled, the gun now dropped down to her side. The witch smiled at the girl and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Why? Are you really that dumb? Do I really have to explain everything to you?”

She questioned as she shook her head. Making her way over to the front door of her castle she sat down on one of the stone pillars, crossing her legs and twirling the wand in circles. A smile crossed her face when Rima didn’t respond. Sighing she nodded.

“Fine. I guess I’ll explain. Your mother was just as dumb as you so I shouldn’t have expected too much out of you.”

Rima’s eyes widened at the mention of her mother.

“Yes, I knew your mother. Very well actually. See, you dumb little brat, everyone in your family is or should I say was a fairy tale character to a certain degree. Your grandmother, well you figured her out already. Your mother was snow white. Your father her prince charming of course.” She paused as she waved her hands in the air.

“And you, Little Red Riding Hood. What you didn’t know is that the twelve wolves you’re supposed to rescue are…” She stopped and thought for a moment

“Should I say, the ultimate protectors? Would that be right? Anywho, if you control them, nothing and no one will ever be able to stop you. Ever. They will forever be loyal to the last remaining fairy tale hero, or villain. And me, being the witch of the west, had to have them. I could have controlled the entire fairy tale kingdom if I had them on my side. I almost did at one point too. That was until that brat of a black wolf found you and ‘fell in love’ with you. The enemies in every fairy tale you defeated were my henchmen on a mission to retrieve all of the wolves and bring them back to me.”

Rima stood and listened closely, never noticing how even Baekhyun started to calm down. Both of them stood there, trying to process all of the new information which suddenly made so much sense. Rima felt stupid for not noticing any of this earlier.

“Oh, and dear Red….another thing you didn’t know...which I may as well tell you now too...you’re not the only fairy tale character left besides me. You have a big sister and two smaller cousins playing along in all of this too, just as dense as you. Me, as your dear aunt. Goldi as your big sister and the two cry babies as your cousins. Of course, those aren’t their real names. Goldi’s real name is Gina while Hansel and Gretel are actually Harry and Grace. I do prefer their fairy tale names though. ” She sneered.

Rima blinked a few times, her heart raced in her chest and her head pounded with a feeling of being crushed any second now. She was lying. There was no way she was telling the truth. Rima was an only child. She didn’t have siblings and neither did her mother. Her mother would have told her so if any of this was true.

Unconsciously, opened, screaming and yelling everything that she had been thinking about out loud.

“You’re lying! I’m an only child! I don’t have siblings! Neither does my mother! She would have told me so!” The witch snickered at the girl.

“Oh? But, didn’t both of your parents die before they ever had a chance too? At birth, good and evil is separated. The good grows up with the good and the evil grows up with the evil. Hansel and gretel are mine. Goldi, at one point was considered to be part evil which is why the two of you were seperated at birth. After they decided she was actually good, they assigned her to a fairy tale and she’s been there ever since. Do they know about all of this? Honestly, I think so.”

Tears fell down her cheek as she stood there motionless. No matter how hard she tried, every muscle in her body locked. While she became paralyzed, the entire world around her began to spin. She felt hopeless. Lost. Dead.

Every little ounce of hope she had was suddenly drained out of her and she could feel the blood running through her veins turn ice cold. Everything she knew was a lie. Something the woman ahead of her has set up, luring everyone into a huge trap. Her parents. The wolves. The family she never even knew she had. Everyone, just so she could kill them all in the end.

Her head grew hot as she sniffed and in one last and desperate attempt to end it all, she pointed the gun at the woman she refused to acknowledge as family and pulled the trigger.

Green lightning lit up the sky. Thunder rumbled and echoed through the forest. Rima’s eyes widened and an ear piercing howl could be heard miles on end throughout the fairy tale.