Chapter 3

Her Choice

"Is Eunji gone?" Suho's mom asked Suho right away as he entered the room. Confusion was written all over his face.

"Oh, how'd you know her name?" He asked, scratching his head.

"I asked her. She's such a nice and brave girl," his mom said while her face showed a big smile, her eyes litting up at the thought of the girl she had talked to before after she woke up.

"What? Nice and brave?" Suho snorted. He couldn't believed what his mom was saying, seeing as how the 'brave' girl Eunji acted totally different in front of him. Maybe she likes me? He thought as he smirked playfully. On the bad side, he didn't know that how her mother described Eunji was actually her true character. 

After a few minutes, a man with a black, tight suit went into the room, barging in suddenly that startled the two persons inside the room, and immediately looked for Suho and his mom. He went to his mom and suddenly held her hand, her face showing a panic-stricken expression. "Honey, I'm so sorry!" The man whined, still holding the woman's hand. It Suho's dad.

"You're coming late. Is your work more important than your wife's health?" Suho spoke as he glared at his dad. No words could explain what he was feeling the moment he saw his father enter the room, acting genuinely panicked at the sight of his wife inside a hospital room, but Suho knew better. He was afraid that someday, there was a possibility that something really bad would happen to his mom and no one would be at her side then.

"I'm sorry, my son, but you know my work is not that--"

"I know, I know," Suho interrupted his dad as if he heard this sentence hundred times, which was technically true. "I will go, otherwise the reporters will come," he continued and kissed her mom's forehead. He took a glimpse at his father for the last time and told him to stay with his mother at least until tomorrow. Till then Suho, would come again to pick her up, to get her discharged.

"What should I do know?" Suho mumbled as he went outside from the hospital, stretching. It was a hard day for him, "I think I should call Kai," he continued and pulled his cellphone out.

"Hello?"

"Kai, Where are you?"

"I'm at the dorm. You?"

"I'm at the hospital."

"Why?! Did something happen?"

"Let's meet first. Come to the coffee shop at xxx."

"Ok, hyung." Kai said as he hung up.

Suho went to the subway with his sunglasses and cap on, trying not to get noticed by the people, and was on his way to the coffee shop. He was actually feeling utterly exhausted, but he didn't want to go to their dorm; he didn't know why though. As he exited the subway, he walked for about ten minutes more before he finally arrived at the coffee shop. He looked everywhere trying to find Kai, and luckily, he found him without anyone recognizing him. Kai sat there with a cap and was covered in black clothes, complementing Suho's attire. Suho almost didn't recognize him; thankfully, he knew what clothes Kai wore. As Suho looked again, he saw someone beside Kai wearing a sunglasses, but Suho immediately knew who that person was.

"Hyung, we were so worried that Chen hyung tagged along with me!" Kai told while he looked at Suho. They sat down and ordered a cup of coffee each.

"What was wrong, though? What happened in the hospital?" Chen asked Suho. He explained the situation to the two boys who nodded as Suho finished his last sentence.

"But your mom is alright, yes?" Chen asked as Suho replied with a nod.

"Hey, do want to play soccer?" Suddenly, Kai asked the two as he grinned.

"Its already late and we have a jam-packed schedule tomorrow," Suho complained, but the two boys persuaded him and in the end, he gave up and agreed with them. They went to a field near at their dorm. It was a relief that there were only a few people in the field, so they were able to play until the three of them fell on the ground, breathing hard as they were exhausted.

"It's already over midnight, I think we should go or else we'll have trouble with the management," Suho said, scolding the two as they went to their dorm.

 

On the other hand...

"Taemin-ah!" Eunji shouted inside the bathroom "Where did you put my towel again?" She continued and waited angrily for his step-brother.

"How often should I remind you that call me oppa!" Taemin growled as he reached her a towel. 

"I forgot. Sorry," she replied and was about to close the door when she heard her phone ring. She went to her room and took her phone. Seohyun was calling her.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Eunji!"

"Why are you calling at this time?"

"Sorry, but I wanted to ask you if you want to come with me to an concert tomorrow."

"A concert? Why not?"

"Really? Then see you tomorrow!" Seohyun said, and hung up.

Eunji put her phone down and was about to go to the bathroom when she saw Taemin in front of the bathroom. He blocked the way to the bathroom. "Are you going to a concert tomorrow?" Taemin asked her and waited impatiently for her answer.

"Yes. Do you want to come too?" Eunji questioned him but, he, instead, shook his head. Then, he went inside his room and wished her goodnight. Eunji didn't notice the smile on Taemin's face as he into the bathroom, showering quickly. Once she got out, she threw herself on her bed.

"I'm so sleepy," she growled and closed her eyes. She immediately felt asleep.

 

The next morning...

"Eunji, breakfeast is ready!" Her step-mother called her from the kitchen. 

As Eunji opened her eyes, she realized that it was already morning. She stood up and yawned. How much she hates to wake up early for school would be a complete understatement. Like everyday, she began to put her school uniform on and went outside from her room.

"Good morning!" Taemin said as the two walked out of their room at the same time. Eunji only nodded and went to the bathroom. Afterwards, she also ate her breakfeast, grabbed her bag and began to proceed outside.

"I'm going," Eunji mumbled and closed the door behind her. She saw Seohyun already waiting for her as always.

"Are you ready for the concert tonight?" Seohyun smiled and grabbed Eunji's hand. She was so excited that she jumped up and down.

"Why are you so excit-"

"Why? Because I will see EXO and my lovely 'husband' Kai~" Seohyun squealed and shook Eunji's hand back and forth.

"EXO? That name is so familiar," Eunji whispered to herself and was drowned in her thought. 

"I'm EXO's leader Suho!"

Suddenly Eunji remembered something. That guy from the hospital. Isn't he the leader from EXO? Yes. It was that guy from EXO.

"EXO!? Why didn't you say it earlier?" Eunji stopped walking and looked at Seohyun angrily. She didn't wanted to meet that guy ever again.

"Why? You don't know even much about Idols and you say that it was o-"

"It's not ok!" Eunji shouted at Seohyun. Eunji's reaction towards her was strange she thought. Usually, Eunji wouldn't care that much about Idols, but she acted strange, which entirely confused her best friend.

"But you said that you will come yesterday, so please don't break your promise!" Seohyun whined as she looked at Eunji with her puppy eyes. Eunji knew that Seohyun really wanted to go there, so eventually, she gave up and agreed, defeated.

"Fine, I will come," she sighed. Seohyun hugged her tightly, squealed, and kissed her on the cheek. After school hours, Taemin stood outside and waited for the two, as always.

"Ok, Eunji. I'll see you again tonight!" Seohyun waved at the two as she went to the other direction. "Don't forget to dress prettily!" She continued shouting and went on.

Eunji and Taemin eventually arrived at home. Taemin greeted her mom while Eunji went to her room and throwed herself to the bed. "Aish, I don't want to see that punk again!" She growled as she threw her cushion away. She looked at the time and decided to take a nap and soon fell asleep. After some hours, she woke up by an irritating sound. It was her phone. As she looked at her phone, she saw that she received a message from Seohyun.

'Eunji, I will come in twenty minutes!' The message read.

As soon as Eunji read the message, she let the phone fall from her grip and stood immediately up. She totally forgot about the concert! ", I'm going to be late." She murmured and grabbed a red dress from her closet. She then ran to the bathroom and put make-up on. After ten minutes, she was done with her make-up and began to make her hair, when the door bell rung.

"Eunji-yah!" Her stepmother screamed as she opened the house door. "Your friend is here," she continued and let Seohyun in.

"Sorry. I'm almost done," Eunji said as she went where Seohyun was. Seohyun only nodded and told her to hurry up. A few more minutes passed by and Eunji was finally done. They went outside, going to the concert venue.

"He won't recognize me in front of so many fans, right?" Eunji spoke to herself and looked on the ground. She didn't wanted to see that guy ever, but what can she do? She already promised her best friend to go with her.

"What are you saying?" Seohyun spoke as she looked at her best friend, confused.

"Nothing. Let's go," Eunji said as she went on, Seohyun following. As soon as they arrived at the venue, Seohyun bought two VIP tickets and the two of them were already seated at the second row at the front. Ten minutes after, the concert started. Seohyun was screaming her heart out with the other fans while Eunji remained emotionless, trying not to be noticed. It was already an hour since the concert started, and they began to sing slow songs. Kai saw the poster on Seohyun's hand and pointed at them, giving them his best smile.

"Who want to come up?" Kai asked. Screams were heard from the crowd. He looked at someone and picked her. "You, come up here on the stage!" He continued.

Eunji looked where Kai pointed and thought that she was seeing wrong. He pointed to Eunji. She stood there, frozen, while the other girls screamed and were envious.

"You are so lucky," Seohyun whispered as she pushed Eunji to the front, and at that moment, Kai grabbed her hand and pulled her up to the stage. 

Now, Eunji was facing a thousand fans screaming at their favorite idols on stage. Kai dragged her to an chair that was placed on the centerstage and sat her down, grinning. He got on his knees and sang to her with his unique voice. She managed to maintain her emotionsless face, which immensely confused Kai.

"I think you are not my fan," Kai smiled at her and her head. Right then, Suho passed by and saw Kai a girl's hair. 

"E-Eunji!?" He exclaimed, stuttering as his mic fell from his hand. He looked at Eunji first, and then at Kai, angrily...

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy this fic and I'm really sorry for the late updates >.<
My exams will start this week, so bear with me (also sorry for the grammar errors etc.) DX
don't be a silent reader and comment, subscribe please^^