Chapter 1

Her Choice

"Hyung, wake up!" Someone exclaimed as he tried to pull out the person who was sleeping. It was Chanyeol who tried to wake Suho up. Suho was the leader of the popular korean boygroup named EXO. A new day had begun, but just like any other day, their schedule was full. Suho took a glimpse at Chanyeol as he opened his eyes and tried to stand up. He scratched his head and went to the bathroom, half asleep. As he went outside from the bathroom, he saw that the other members were already waiting for him to come out.

"Suho hyung, you always take so long in the bathroom," Lay mumbled as he stared at him. Behind him were Tao, Kris and Luhan, who were irrirated for waiting too long. This situation was one of the daily situations amongst the group's daily dorm lives. There were twelve boys so it was hard to share a dorm where they have no enough space. They only had one toilet in their bathroom, which made every morning a mess in their dorm. They begged their manager to move in a big dorm, but their company didn't allow it.

"Are you all done?" Suho asked as everyone stood in the living room except one.

"Ah. Kris hyung is not here," D.O said and pointed at Kris' room. He was always the last one to finish.

"Ok, I'll call him out. Everyone, go outside and wait in the van," Suho commanded. Everyone left noisily, but right after that, the dorm became quiet.

"My head hurts. The kids are really noisy," Suho giggled as he went to Kris' room. He sat on his bed and played around with his phone.

"Kris. If you're done come outside. We're already running late," Suho scolded and looked at Kris. He only nodded and kept on playing his game. Everybody knew how stubborn Suho was so he grabbed Kris' arm and dragged him out of his room. The two of them then put their shoes on and went outside. Everyone in the van began to laugh as they saw Kris getting dragged by Suho, the both of them arguing with each other. They got in the van and the manager started to drive.

"Do you think we'll win this time too?" Sehun asked Luhan.

"I don't know," Luhan replied and smiled at him.

"Of course we'll win! We're the best!" Kai shouted as he leaned forward. He was so excited that he started to jump up and down.

"Don't be so confident, Kai," Suho said as he turned around since he was sitting on the front seat next to the manager. He looked at Kai and gave him the signal to lean back again. He continued, "but I think that we are one of the best group out there."

"Oh~ Our leader believes in us," Sehun giggled and clapped. Everyone else joined in clapping and suddenly started to sing Baby Don't Cry.

"Really? You guys are so noisy!" Suho scolded and tried to shut the guys up.

 

Meanwhile...

"Eunji-yah! Are you awake?" Someone screamed from the kitchen. It was the Eunji’s stepmother, who was cooking and waiting for Eunji to come and eat breakfast.

"If you're not going to wake up, you'll be late!" She continued and waited for an answer, but it was useless. She couldn't endure it anymore and went to Eunji's room. She slammed the door open and angrily looked at Eunji, who, on the other hand, was lying on her bed and peeking at her stepmother.

"Can't you knock?" Eunji growled as she turned to the other direction.

"Stand up. You're going to be l--"

"I will, so please get out!" Eunji interrupted. She stood up and closed the door, ignoring her stepmother who told her to hurry up. She scratched her head, put her college uniform on, and was about to go to the bathroom when she ran against her stepbrother, Taemin.

"Oh, sorry," he said as he tried to fix his hair. He looked as if he didn't sleep even for a second. 

"No. It’s alright. I can go in first, right?" She said and went to the bathroom; closing the door in front of Taemin's nose. He smiled and went to his mom, trying to help her, but she was already in a bad mood.

"How can Eunji be so lazy and dirty as a girl? She is so useless," his mother said while she put the breakfast on the dining table. Taemin helped her. At an instant, she his head proudly and said that he was only her one and last help in this house. Eunji opened the door and went inside the kitchen. She grabbed a toasted bread and spreaded chocolate on it, eating it quickly since she didn't want to hear that 'everyday' rubbish talk from her stepmother, but it was already too late.

"Eunji! Why is your room so dirty? I told you to clean it!" Her stepmother shouted as she went to her room. For Eunji, her room was clean, but not for her stepmother, "I'm not your maid!" she continued. Suddenly, Eunji grabbed her bag and was about to go when her stepmother screamed something behind her, "You're going to clean your room when you get hom-"

"Shut up! You are not my mother!" Eunji screamed as she went outside, slamming the door in the process. Someone was already waiting for Eunji outside. Her bestfriend Seohyun, looked extremely worried upon seeing her best friend.

"Your stepmother again?" She asked as she went to her.

"Yes. Just because she adopted me doesn’t mean that she can order me around, " Eunji sighed.

"You know what? Forget about it!" Seohyun smiled as she put her arm around Eunji. She tried to cheer Eunji up but she knew her best friend better. Eunji was as cold as always, but she knew that she was trying to hide it with a smile. The two girls were about to go when someone grabbed Eunji's shoulder.

"Let's go together," Taemin said as he closed the door behind him and went to the girls.

"Hm? Fine," Eunji replied as she started to walk to their college. On their way, Seohyun chattered about her favourite boy group EXO, especially her bias, Kai.

"OMG. Did you hear their new song, Overdose? It was really great," Seohyun mumbled as they were inside the school, "Kai's dancing is amazing!" She continued and was fangirling over him. 

"What do girls sees in them, really?" Taemin protesed. He got tired of how his classmates, especially girls, adored those K-pop boygroups, and one of them was of course, EXO. Seohyun looked up at him with a smile that could bright up the whole world. 

"Everything! Their cuteness, their talents, their amazing voices and don't forget Chen in this. His voice is so beautiful," Seohyun bubbled with a dreamy face and both of her hands grabbed Eunji's shoulder and shaked her only bestfriend's body till Eunji almost puked. Taemin let out a small laugh until they arrived in front of Eunji and Seohyun's classroom. The two went in their class while Taemin was a year ahead than the two.

"I will be going. I will pick you up after class ends so wait in front of your classroom," Taemin said as he smiled and patted Eunji's head. Then he went off; waving his hand to them.

"You’re so lucky to have a handsome and nice stepbrother like him!" Seohyun whined and hit Eunji slightly. The two went in their classroom and sat down next to each other. It was not uncommon since everybody was scared of Eunji. She had a cold personality and wouldn't talk that much.

"Look at those hot boys!" Seohyun said while she was holding a magazine with EXO in it. She secretly showed the photo to Eunji who wasn't really interested. She was a person who didn't really know much about korean boygroups and never bothered to know those oppas.

"You know what? You would really match with Suho. The leader from EXO," Seohyun spoke suddenly and pointed at Suho on the magazine. Eunji stared emotionless at the photo and shrugged her shoulders.

"And I would make a good couple with Kai!" Seohyun squealed while hugging the magazine. Eunji shook her head and hide herself from smile.

"You should stop dreaming Seohyun-ah." Eunji told and hit her head slightly. Seohyun pout but smiled when Eunji patted her head, saying that she was only joking.

"Miss Jung, Miss Seo, meet me at my office now," Their homeroom teacher, Yoo-sem, sent them a glare before he left their classroom. They got called, again. Eunji and Seohyun looked at each other in a bored way. Their homeroom teacher's office was like their second house. Most of the time, they got called because of Seohyun's fangirling over these boys.

"Did you see his face? I swear if I brought my phone with me, he'll be more famous than EXO in Youtube," Seohyun laughed out loud once they finally stepped out of their homeroom teacher's office. Eunji, on the other hand, was still holding herself from laughing. She swear her classmates would made fun of her if she smiled. She was, after all, the college's ice princess, which name had Seohyun made up. Indeed, her bestfriend, Seohyun, was the only one who could bring her to smile. Well, mostly. They walked back into their classroom when their Art teacher had arrived. Right after their lesson ended, Taemin was already outside Eunji’s classroom, waiting for her. 

"Let's go," he said as he grabbed her hand, just like every day. Taemin does this always. For Eunji, it wasn't really a big deal since everybody knows him as her stepbrother, and if they said something bad, she didn't care much about that. After they went a little bit further, they suddenly stopped. They noticed something weird laying on the ground from afar, so they decided to look closer and found out that it was actually a person who was laying there...

...motionless.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:
The first chapter is always the hardest one to write, I think TT3TT
I hope you guys still enjoyed it! Don't be a silent reader and subscribe, comment and upvote, please! ^^