Who You Are

Punch Drunk Love

                Everyone stops. It’s as if time has completely stopped. No one moves at all.

“Key?” Changmin and Yunho say simultaneously, looking at each other and then back at the raven haired man. “This- He is who you hooked up with?” Changmin blurts out before Yunho hits him in the groin with his fist.

“You told them?” Key looks completely confused and slightly angry at Jonghyun.

“You two hooked up?” Key’s friend looks dumbfounded.

“Onew, I can explain.” Key turns toward him.

“How? You hooked up with this velociraptor and then had with me.”

“You hooked up with him, too?” Changmin’s mouth is agape as he looks over at Onew with an eyebrow raised.

“I thought you said you guys weren’t dating.” Yunho, himself, even looks totally lost.

“We…we aren’t.”

“So are you friends with benefits or…” Changmin says tilting his head slightly.

“No, no…it just sort of…happened.” Onew shrugs, looking guilty and a few shades paler than he already is.

“So, you had with me and then went and ed up your best friend?” Jonghyun shouts out of nowhere.

“I didn’t think you’d get hurt.” Key yells back, “I didn’t know you felt so deeply for me. I didn’t think you’d care! You said you’ve hooked up with so many other people and I thought I was just another one on your list. I thought everything you said right after was just in the moment…I didn’t know you genuinely cared.”

Jonghyun ruffles his hair angrily, “, Key, I’ve never said what I said to you to anyone!”

“How the hell was I supposed to know that?!”

Their voices are rising in octaves and Yunho, Changmin and Onew end up standing together, backing away slowly with each sentence.

“You get dumped by your boyfriend who you were in a serious relationship with and then go and hump everything within a ten mile radius?”

“It was just you and Onew! I was drunk remember? I could barely handle myself with you! You kept forcing yourself on me. What did you expect me to do? RUN?”

“What so this is my fault?”

“You basically took advantage of me!” Key snarles.

“Yeah, well I know now why your boyfriend dumped your sorry . You’re a little .” Jonghyun says sharply. The words cut like blades against Key’s skin and he can feel the hot tears forming in his eyes. Yunho and Changmin’s eyes widen at each other as they look over at a just as surprised Onew.

“I think it would be best if we left…” He whispers to the two. They both nod, “W-we understand.”

“I never want to see you again you ugly .” Key screams.

“, you said my was cute.”

“You’re such an arrogant .!” Key turns around and is greeted by the safety of Onew’s arms. Onew doesn’t know what to say, so he just nods at Jonghyun before wrapping his arms around Key and exiting the café.

                Jonghyun is left there alone to think everything over. He falls to his knees dramatically and sighs. Changmin ventures over to him and kneels down. “Hey…” He says gently, “It’ll be okay.”

“God I just –“

“No, no, no. Shhh.” Changmin coos.

“What am I –“

“Jonghyun, shhhh.”

“I –“

“Jonghyun…”

“But –“

“WOULD YOU SHUT THE UP?! GODDAMN I WAS TRYING TO BE SYMPATHETIC!”

Changmin.” Yunho hisses, “Stop yelling, you sound like you need anger management or something.”

“You should be the one to talk. You’re all –“

“One more word and I will you into next week.”

Changmin’s eyes widen and he swallows hard as he stands up straight and runs his fingers through his dark brown hair awkwardly.  “Well then…I’ll…umm…go clean the kitchen.” He says as he leaves, muttering to himself.

Jonghyun straightens up and clears his throat uneasily.

“I’m sorry.” Yunho apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably.

“It’s…uhh…alright. It was just a hookup right?” He mumbles, changing the subject immediately before it starts. He wants to beat himself up and lock himself in his apartment forever.

“It’s not your fault. He did have with two people, but you have to understand, Jonghyun, you two weren’t necessarily in a relationship…I’ve never been in this situation before…so I don’t know how to solve it…I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“You and I both know that you’re hurting… but you shouldn’t have called him a because he isn’t. And what you said about Minho was way out of line.”

Jonghyun hangs his head, “I know, I know. He’s right…I am an . And now he’s gone.”

“Well, everything happens for a reason…or some sappy like that.” Yunho pats his shoulder with the palm of his rather large hand.

                Jonghyun is sitting on the floor of the office-kitchen, contemplating everything. Yunho and Changmin had been yelling and screaming and throwing various objects at each other and Jonghyun had to change his sulking location. He notices that the screams had died down to silence and a sudden rush of panic that they may have killed each other washes over him as he moves from his place on the ground to the doorway of the room. He peeks out tentatively, hoping that he isn’t about to witness a murder scene.

                It does in fact look like a murder scene in one of those crime movies, minus all of the blood; tables are flipped and chairs are in places chairs shouldn’t be. Did they literally break the legs off of one of the chairs?

                He walks slowly and cautiously out of the doorway, looking around the restaurant for the two men.

They didn’t leave did they? Do they expect him to clean up their mess?

He walks around and almost steps on what he assumes is a hand. He bites down on his own hand, trying to muffle his scream of horror thinking that the hand belongs to a dead body until one of the fingers twitch. Jonghyun sighs as he takes a deep breath, calming himself. He maneuvers over to the opposite side og the table and crouches down to look under it. Yunho is laying on his back with Changmin comfortably sleeping on top of him; his head resting on his chest and Yunho unconsciously massaging his back. Jonghyun smiles slightly at the two, wishing he could be that lucky.

                Yunho’s eyes flutter open and he notices Jonghyun crouched in front of them.

“Oh, hello there.” He utters groggily. He looks so peaceful and not angry for once despite the heap that is Changmin smothering him. He looks happy.

                Jonghyun nods at Yunho, “Everything okay?” He asks, “I was in the office..Kitchen…and it suddenly got really quiet.”

Yunho chuckles softly, trying to avoid waking up the peacefully sleeping younger man on top of him, “Everything is fine. We both got tired after a while and somehow ended up down here.”

Jonghyun nods again.

“You nod a lot.” Yunho scrunches up his nose. If Jonghyun didn’t know any better he would have thought that the older man was high on something. Maybe he is always like this when he wakes up.

“Yeah…I guess I do.” Jognhyun shrugs.

“Oh! What time is it?”

“Around 10:30, I think.”

“Well..we’re proably just going to stay here –“

“I love you so much, Yunho. Don’t leave me please.” Changmin mumbles in his sleep, gripping onto Yunho even tighter than he already was.

“I love you too, baby. And I’d never even think to leave you, don’t worry. I’m here. I’ll always be here.” Yunho rubs his back, calming him. “He does this a lot.” He sighs to Jonghyun, “Anyway, yeah we’ll stay here…our apartment is down the street so it doesn’t make a difference, lock up whenever you leave.” He orders, brushing Changmin’s bangs out of his face and admiring how sweet and innocent he looks. “It’s been a long day. You should go, have a drink or two…relax.”

“Okay.” Jonghyun nods.

“Good boy.” Yunho hums.

Jonghyun nods, standing up straight and stretching as he does. He stands in silence for a few minutes.

“Well?” Yunho says looking up at him.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun looks confused.

“GO HOME!”

“Oh yeah…right.” Jonghyun bows and rushes out of the door.

“He’s such an airhead.” Changmin mumbles into Yunho’s shirt when the door shuts. 

*

A/N: Haha, hey I'm back for the moment. I'm sorry XD these chapters have so much HoMin. I haven't started writing "Loving You is Easy" yet so it's kind of bleeding into PDL. I'll tone it down if you'd like lol. But, anyway, thank you for all of the support on this story because I enjoy writing it alot and you guys are just all around amazing. (Oh and for the people who came to read this because of JongKey, don't worry. This is certainly not the end of Jonghyun and Key's love story...it's just sort of a love triangle at the moment.)

Have a great weekend everyone (even though it's 12:35 AM Sunday morning where I live.) Okay, have a great week because I don't know when I'll be able to update again.