In Over My Head

Punch Drunk Love

          “Jonghyun, buddy, you look wrecked.” His friend shrieks as Jonghyun makes his way up the stairs of his friend’s porch.

“I think I know that, Joonmyeon…” Jonghyun grumbles.

“What happened?”

“Long story short, I screwed up…bad.”

“You always screw up, though.” Joonmyeon says, following Jonghyun into his house. He watches as the man throws himself on the nearby couch. Joonmyeon sits softly on the chair next to him.

“Let me guess…you got drunk again, huh?” Joonmyeon says with a ‘-You’re –Stupid’ expression on his face. Jonghyun groans, “I’m an idiot.”

“You said it, no me.” Joonmyeon chuckles.

“Sure.”

                He and Joon have been friends since his senior year of high school. Joonmyeon, despite his strong persona, is almost like a motherly figure to Jonghyun since he barely gets to see his mom. The guy has the personality of an elderly man. But, he loves that about him nonetheless.

                “You need to stop doing it with random people and getting hammered all the time. One it’s not healthy and two, you are going to end up getting a STD or somebody pregnant.”

“You make it seem like a have with women.” Jonghyun scoffs.

“Yeah well, girl, boy, donkey, cow; you can still get a STD.”

“I know, I did go to ed.”

“Like they taught us anything.” They both laugh. Everybody knows that Ed classes are completely full of .

“But moving on, ARE YOU ASKING FOR A DEATH WISH?”

“No…”

“Then cut the bull.”

“You don’t under –“

“Don’t even go there with ‘You don’t understand’ That’s something to say to your mother. I am not, and never will be, your mother.”

“I know.”

     Joonmyeon frowns at how cruel he is probably sounding. “Okay…I’m only angry because I love you…but you’re like addicted to alcohol...and …or dominance…You need help.”

“I’m not addicted to . I don’t have a problem.”

“Then what the hell is wrong with yo –“

      “I’m in love, Joonmyeon! I am in love with this dramatic, narcissistic, . I am irrationally, foolishly in love and I ed up. And now I’m stuck in love with him and I don’t know what to do with myself because it’s partially his fault but then it’s also my fault for thinking that we could turn a one night stand into something more. He obviously felt that I was just a worthless hook up because he went on to have with his best friend…and…I don’t know what’s happening to me. I feel so sick, Joonmyeon and miserable. I feel like a disgusting human being. This isn’t me. This isn’t who I am. I’ve never felt this way and I don’t know what I’m doing anymore because all I can think about is him!” Jonghyun gets worked up and then begins to cry. Really cry. Something Joonmyeon has never seen before. It’s scaring him. He’s never seen Jonghyun get worked up over anything except for when his mother got the flu and was in the hospital for a few days. Jonghyun is a sensitive guy, Joonmyeon knows that. He cries over little things, sometimes for no reason at all, but this time is different. He’s cripplingly sad…at least he looks that way. Joonmyeon has no idea what to do. He feels so useless and wants nothing more than to comfort Jonghyun.

        “I….love him,  Joonmyeon.” Jonghyun says between gasps, his voice sounding hoarse. Joonmyeon winces at the sound of complete and utter sadness in his friend’s voice. “I’m so sorry, Jay.”, the only thing Joonmyeon can think to say. He stands up, sits down next to him and pulls Jonghyun into his arms, hugging him tightly. Jonghyun buries his face into Joonmyeon’s shirt and stomach, still crying but not as violently now.

“I’m so sorry…”

A/N: Ehehe, hey guys. Yet another update. I hope you're all still enjoying it. 

Note: I'm aware that South Korea doesn't really have " Ed", like other countries do...heck I know alot of countries don't.

Oh yeah! and I'm probably going to name the chapters now. Like this one (which is a The Fray song)....I don't know, I just thought it'd be cool.

Thank you for reading Punch Drunk Love, lovelies. I'll try to update as frequently as I can.