It's Not Unusual

Punch Drunk Love

         

        “Umm, can I ask you something?” Joonmyeon nudges Yunho gently, his voice a low. “Just did.” Yunho says not paying the shorter man any attention. Joonmyeon rolls his eyes, “Who’s the guy?” He motions his head toward a tall man standing awkwardly in the doorway of Tohoshinki. Yunho scratches the back of his head, “I don’t know…it’s 8AM and most people know that we won’t be opening for a while…”

“Umm, excuse me?” The young man calls softly, waving his hand. “Yes, what can we help you with?” Joonmyeon blurts out when Yunho kicks him in the shin. “I’m, uhh here for the job offer thingy?” The young man holds a crumpled piece of paper up so that they can see, “Somebody gave this to me.”

“When did you find time to make flyers?” Joonmyeon mutters to Yunho. The older man ignores him and smiles brightly at the stranger. “Of course, of course. Come this way, follow man please.” The man nods and follows behind Yunho. “You too, Joon.” Joonmyeon sighs and does as he’s told.

___

                “Okay, sir, Joonie here is going to interview you because I have prior engagements.” Yunho beams, grabbing Joonmyeon’s shoulders firmly. “I’m going to what? What prior engagements?”

“That is none of your business, Joon. Bye!”

“Yunho, I –“ The door slams and Joonmyeon is left alone to handle the interview by himself. He sighs and turns away from the door and toward the innocent man sitting awkwardly in the center of the room. “Man, they really need to fix up this so called ‘office.” He says trying to lighten the mood, “Okay.” He nods to himself before taking a seat in front of the man.

“Umm, is everything okay?”

“Yes, yeah, perfect.” Joonmyeon smiles, “Let’s get it on.” The man raises an eyebrow. “Yeah, I knew that was going to come out wrong,” Joonmyeon chuckles, “Anyway…” He runs his hand through his brown hair. “I don’t have anything to interview you with. Please excuse me for just a moment.” He quickly exits the room.

                He then returns with a small packet of paper and sits back down in his seat. “Okay, now we can start. So, sorry about how unprofessional this whole thing is.” Joonmyeon sighs. “No, no, it’s no problem. I don’t need to be anywhere anytime soon.” The man smiles genuinely, making Joonmyeon’s heartbeat just a bit faster than usual. He clears his throat, “Good, okay. First thing’s first, your name…since that would be important…”

The man laughs, “My name’s Lee Taemin.”

A/N: Hello, hello. I'm back. Sorry for such a long wait. I should be posting more regularly now for the time being. Sorry this chapter is so short and lackluster.