First Day On the Job

Punch Drunk Love

                He arrives early and is greeted but two, very tall, handsome guys wearing white aprons with black fitted shirts and black jeans. “Good morning, Mr. Kim.” One of them beams.

Shim Changmin.

He bows respectfully. “First day on the job, huh, shorty?” The oldest man chuckles. Jonghyun winces, why must everyone call him that stupid name? “Aww, you’re so cute and small, Mr. Kim, kind of like a puppy.” Chung Yunho, smiles at him like he’s staring at a small infant.

“Chihuahua.” Changmin gushes.

“You know us already, but if you forgot; I am Shim Changmin and this is my….erm…co-owner boss person…..thing…..” Changmin awkwardly motions toward the older looking man, who stares at him blankly with his arms crossed. “Co-owner, boss, person thing?” Yunho raises an eyebrow. He smirks and rolls his eyes, chuckling slightly. He reminds Jonghyun of Key. Hell, everyone is reminding Jonghyun of Key, lately. What is that about? He’s just a hook up isn’t he? Maybe he’s just contradicting himself.

                Yunho turns toward him and smiles lightly. So many drastic changes in moods. “Sorry, Jognhyun. My lover over here doesn’t like to say that we are together until he knows that you aren’t a homophobic .” Yunho scoffs, glaring briefly at his boyfriend.

                “Oh, so you two are together.” Jonghyun smiles, “I’m actually meeting up with a guy during my shift, if that’s okay.”

Yunho hits Changmin on the stomach, “I ing told you.”

“He said he could smell the ga- YUNHO AGGHH!”

Yunho elbowed the younger man in the groin so hard that Jonghyun even winces at Changmin’s expression as he dramatically falls to his knees. Jonghyun can only laugh awkwardly as he looks back at Yunho.

“Ehem…I am very sorry, Jonghyun. He has no tact.” Yunho apologizes as Changmin moans and groans on the cold tile floor, trying not to projectile vomit everywhere. “Saekki.” Jonghyun hears him choke out.

“It was wrong of us to assume your ual orientation, but in all honesty it doesn’t matter. We are all the same. No harm done right…I hope?” He says flashing another smile, slight wrinkles visible near his eyes, It shows his age despite how incredibly young he looks. Jonghyun smiles and bows at the both of them. “No harm done.” He says. Yunho sighs with relief.

“Ahhhh, pain.” Changmin groans writhing on the ground.

“Shut up or I will give you something to moan about.” Yunho snaps at him and then throws a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder, “I promise you, I am not abusive.” He gives him a wink. Jonghyun nods agreeably.

“So, anyway, when is your little man friend going to get here?”

Jonghyun shrugs as he looks up at the taller man like a small child looking up at their father. God, what did he eat as a child to be so tall?

Damn you genes.

“No idea…he might even stand me up. We did just hook up after a few drinks. I don’t know why, I’m just so hung up on him…”

“Wait,” Yunh raises his hand to quiet him which he immediately obeys because he doesn’t want to end up like Changmin on the ground, “You two had…ehmm…” Yunho clears his throat uncomfortably.

“We were drunk…”

“Jonghyun…” Yunho sighs.

“BOO YOU WHOR –“ Yunho kicks Changmin in the back. Not too hard, though, Jonghyun should add. “Don’t say that about our new employee.” He laughs. He looks back at Jonghyun, “I am not abusive, I swear okay?” Jonghyun nods again. “Come with me, and ignore the immature bastard.” Yunho motions for Jonghyun to follow him into the kitchen.

“I love you too, .” Changmin calls as he stands up and goes to clean some nearby tables. They said that they’re planning on turning the restaurant into a coffee shop because Yunho had mentioned that Changmin had always wanted to open one.

                “Sit.” Yunho orders, pointing at a wooden chair in the middle of the room, once they’re in the kitchen that looks sort of like an office.

That’s an odd place for a chair.

Yunho drags the chair next to the entrance and sits in front of Jonghyun.

                The room is very organized and clean, not a smudge or dust bunny in sight. I wonder which one is the clean freak…Probably Yunho…he has an old man vibe going for him.

“So.” Yunho smiles as he crosses his legs.

Oooh you fancy, huh?

“You say you don’t understand why you’re so hung up on this one guy after your drunken…”

Great, now this is a counselling session, thanks but no thanks, Yunho.

“Did you know him beforehand?” Yunho continues.

“I’ve never seen him a day in my life.” Jonghyun replies, “Actually scratch that, I think I saw him at a convenience store once…but that doesn’t matter.”

“Ahh yes, random hook ups.” Yunho chuckles, “So, what’s so special at him?”

“Words can’t even describe him.” Jonghyun smiles softly, rubbing his face in embarrassment, “He’s just so…so…good, you know?”

“Good?” Yunho laughs.

“So good...”

Yunho shakes his head chuckling, “He’s just good?”

“No…no…” Jonghyun racks his brain, “He’s amazing, and breathtakingly beautiful…and he’s a snarky little who isn’t afraid to tell me how stupid and cocky I am; even though I’ve only known him for a short amount of time.”

“Oh really.” Yunho raises an eybrow and crosses his arms.

“yeah really.” Jonghyun grins just thinking about him.

“Well….you’re screwed.” Yunho shrugs, standing up and wiping his hands on his apron.

“Wait…what?” Jonghyun snaps his head up toward the towering older man.

“You’re screwed.”

“Like a lightbulb, baby.” Changmin adds, peeking his head into the room.

“What the hell?” Jonghyun looks completely confused.

“Sorry, little buddy.” Yunho pats the man supportively on his shoulder, “You’re more screwed than me being in love with that .” He nods his head toward the young man standing tall and slender in the doorway.

“Changmin winks, “Ditto, Kitten.”

“I said never to call me that, you .” Yunho growls, “Especially not in front of people.”

“You weren’t saying that last night.” Changmin purrs with a devilish smirk.

“Excuse me,” Yunho says turning toward Jonghyun, “COME HERE YOU LITTLE I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU SO HARD.”  He chases him around the restaurant hollering, “I SWEAR TO EVERY SINGLE ING GOD, THAT WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU ARE GOING TO WISH YOU HAD CRAWLED BACK IN YOUR MOTHER’S WHEN YOU WERE BORN!”

Jonghyun slowly walks out of the kitchen-office and sits at the bar-counter. He hears the front door open over the shouts of the two men and a blonde man waltzes in. “Yunho! Changmin! What the actual fu – Wait no, no Yunho. Put the chair down. PUT THE CHAIR DOWN!”

Another man walks in behind the taller man and Jonghyun can feel himself going into cardiac-arrest.

“Key.”

 

A/N: Yay, update. So as of now, I have uploaded all of the chapters that I wrote a few months ago and this is the first one that I wrote a few days ago. (Woot progress) 

So, now updates will be more spaced out. I am currently writing chapter 9 because I had some time today, so that should be done and up by tomorrow (since it's Friday *yay*) I will probably start working on "Lovin' You (Is Easy 'Cuz You're Pathetic)" toward the end of June because I am going to be very, very busy these next few weeks.

Thank you again for all the love and subscribers, and even to the subscribers who subscribed to "Lovin' You" even though I haven't even written anything for it yet (Don't worry, I will. I am really excited about that sidestory.)

I pictured the finished coffee shop "Tohoshinki" basically looking like this:

Cred: To the owner of this photo and the owner of whatever shop this is.

Note: The coffee shop doesn't look like this just yet. Changmin and Yunho are still fixing it up a bit.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story and I hope to continue it. Thank you ^^