Dazed & Confused

Punch Drunk Love

                His eyes open on the floor of an apartment and the power’s out. “You awake?” Key hears a voice from within the darkness. He groans in response. “Ahh you are.” The voice chuckles. It’s Jinki.

Lee Jinki.

He hears some shuffling and then feels the older man’s body heat next to him.

He had insisted on Key staying over for awhile so that he could “comfort” him/

“Sorry about the power…” Jinki says, his voice low and husky.

He groans again, rubbing his face into the pillow. Why does everyone’s voice have to sound so nice in the morning. This isn’t fair. It’s too way early for this .

“Did you sleep well?” Onew asks, beginning to rub Key’s back gently.

“Somebody called asking for you…” Jinki deadpans, what a change in attitude. Key rolls onto his back and looks up at the older man with his dark brown eyes. He can’t really see the expression on his face, but from Onew’s tone, he can tell that he didn’t like who called.

“He says he hasn’t heard from you in weeks. Did you do something, Bummie?”

What?

Jinki sets the phone on Key’s stomach. “Call him back.” He orders, “See what he wants. He sounded sad.”

Key dials the number and puts the phone up to his ear, “Hello?”

“Ahhh, Bum…It’s so nice to hear your voice.” A familiar voice sighs with relief.

Dinosaur Man.

“Jonghyun, how the hell did you get my number?” Key yawns, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“After you left, I realized that we didn’t exchange numbers or addresses…so I asked around for weeks and finally these two guys, I think their names are Changmin and Yunho, kindly gave me your number after making me take their job offer…and so here I am…calling you at 7am.” Jonghyun blurts out in a jumbled mess, which indicates that he is really nervous talking to Kibum.

Key sighs and smiles slightly, “You did all of this just because you wanted to call me?”

“I told you…as weird and awkward as it sounds, despite the fact that we hooked up and you could barely remember it, I want you. I want to care for you…” Jonghyun’s voice is soft and pliant, making Key blush. “Would you mind meeting me at my new job…if you’re not busy…” Jonghyun adds, shyly.

Key looks up at Jinki, frowning. Should he? Onew smiles widely and nods.

“Okay.” He says to Jonghyun.

“Really?” Key can hear the smile in his voice.

“Yes, I’ll meet you there, Jjong.” He sits up and hangs up the phone.

“You’re meeting him, right?” Jinki asks, standing up simultaneously with Key.

“Yeah, I guess I am.” Key shrugs as he searches for a shirt.

“Okay, I’ll drive you…although I have no idea what is going on.”

Key pats him on the chest, “I’ll tell you everything soon, but in the meantime, can I burrow a shirt? Preferably, a button-down. “

Onew nods and motions toward his drawer. The room is dimly lit by the sunlight leaking through the curtains. Stupid Onew, not paying his power bills…again. Key rolls his eyes and stumbles over to his drawer only stubbing his toe several times. “Goddamnit.” He hisses as his leg runs into the coffee table.

“Where the hell did that come from?” He growls, rubbing his shin.

“Ikea.” Jinki chuckles under his breath.

“ Ikea then.” Key grumbles, picking out a bright yellow shirt and putting it on, rolling the sleeves up to his forearm. He pulls on his black skinny jeans that were lying on the floor near his blanket pile that he calls a substitute for a bed. He heads toward the door and says, “Let’s go.”

“No makeup?” Onew scoffs, hurrying behind him.

“No need.” 

 

A/N: Hello again. Another very short chapter.

I'll probably start working on the side story of Homin sometime this week during my free periods in class. 

Still trying to figure out what their story will be about. All I know is that I want them to have their own little side-fic-thing.

So yes...I am going to continue to say thank you until you get comepltely sick of it. Thank you for all the love and subscriptions. <33