Take The Goddamn Job

Punch Drunk Love

                “Oh, no, no, no. I just came here to drop off Jonghyun. I can’t work here.”

“Oh course you can!” An overly cheerful Changmin squeals at the very frightened Joonmyeon.

“I’m serious, sir, I don’t cook…or bake…and I’m bad with stress…and I at making coffee.”

“He does.” Jonghyun chimes in.

“Not helping.” Joonmyeon mutters to him with a disapproving-mother-look on his face.

“Pleaassssseee, Joonie! We only have Jonghyun and we have to open by May!” Changmin begs.

“But that’s two months from now.” Yunho says from somewhere in the restaurant.

“Time does fly.” Jonghyun says.

“What the hell are you doing?” Joonmyeon hisses.

“Pleaasseee! We’ll pay you more than, Jong.”

“Yah!”

“Joonmyeon, please! You can get free breakfast every morning and we’ll give you a night shift! You’ve always wanted a night shift…I’ve heard.”

“You told him about that?”

“How else was I going to get you to even consider the offer?”

Joonmyeon glares at Jonghyun and then looks back that the pleading, older, man. He could use the extra money…being basically unemployed and all (except for when he has his few days of work at the local day care, but that doesn’t pay the bills.) And he could always use an extra meal since he never gets to eat breakfast.

“Fine, okay, I’ll take the job.” Joonmyeon surrenders.

Changmin’s face lights up, “Really?”

“Don’t sound surprised. You knew I was going to give in and take the job, anyway.” Joonmyeon glares.

“Good, new employee, you start in two months, but you have to help us renovate.” Yunho pops up out of nowhere and pushes a neatly folded black apron into the shorter man’s chest.

“Renovate?”

“Yeah, we’re turning this place into a cute little coffee shop.” Changmin grins.

Joonmyeon’s eyes widen as he looks around the vacant restaurant. “Little coffee shop” doesn’t really seem possible, given how large and spacious the place is. He nods in a daze, anyway. Jonghyun throws his arms around Joonmyeon’s neck from behind and hugs him tightly.

“Screw you.” Joonmyeon snarls.

“Is that an offer?” He smiles. Joonmyeon elbows him in the groin, making him let go of his shoulders immediately. “Little .” Joonmyeon hisses. Changmin and Yunho give each other a mutual look and then burst into laughter.

“Ahhh. We are going to be very good friends.” Yunho smiles, throwing an arm around Joonmyeon.

“I bet.” Joonmyeon scoffs.

A/N: Woot two chapters in one day. I feel productive lmfao.

Joonmyeon the new employee at Tohoshinki hehe. I don't know what else to say...