Turtles Don't Talk, Silly

Punch Drunk Love

                Key yawns, siting up on the couch where he was comfortably resting. He looks to his left and studies the man slightly curled up next to him like a small child. Key smiles and pats his shoulder. He then glances over at the wall clock that reads, “11:47 AM”

“Onew,” He whispers, “Onew…”

“Five more minutes, I’m only watching the turtle.” Onew slurs, trying to snuggle deeper into the couch. Key laughs, “Onew, get up. You’re late for work”

“Turtles don’t talk, silly. Bummie’s silly.” Onew lays on his back and pokes Key in the nose. “You’re a cute little button, Key. Do you know that I love you?” His eyes are closed and youcan barely make out what he’s saying. Key rolls his eyes, “Yes, I love you too, Onew.”

Onew smiles in his sleep, “You make me happy.”

“You make me happy too, but get up, baby, please.” Key sits back and stares at the man who doesn’t budge. He sits and thinks for a minute. He then resorts to the only thing that has any chance of working.

                “Jinki…” Key whines agitatedly hitting him with his fist. Onew’s eyes snap open and he starles Key when he grabs him by his wrist and pulls the younger man on top of him, wrapping his strong arms firmly around him. Key rests his head on Onew’s chest and sighs, chuckling. “You’re late for work.” He mutters.

“I could call out…”

“You work at a ing bookstore.”

                They lay silence for a while; Key listening to Onew’s steady heartbeat and the sound of Onew taking deep and even breaths.

“What are we, Bummie?” Onew finally breaks the silence when he rolls on his side, so that they’re both facing each other. Onew props his head up on his hand and looks intently at Key.

“I don’t know…” Key sighs. He really doesn’t. He’s confused of what he should do. Should he just forget about Jonghyun? They barely even know each other. Maybe he should. Maybe it would be for the best...But why can’t he? And when did his life turn into a cliché drama?

“What do you want us to be?” Key asks.

“I just don’t want to ruin what we have…and you just got out of a relationship…but I don’t –“

“Shhh…” Key interrupts, “What do you want? Forget about how I feel for a minute.”

“I can be selfish?” Onew whispers like it’s a sin.

Key nods.

Onew cups his face in a swift motion and kisses him. “I want you.” He says, “God, I feel so awkward saying this…”

“No, no. It’s okay. Continue.”

“I just want you all to myself. I want to be selfish and keep you to myself…but if you ever hated me…I’d basically hate myself too.”

“I could never hate you, Onew.”

“It’s impossible to not hate someone after a break up unless it ends well…I don’t care if I get hurt…I just don’t want to hurt you.”

Key kisses him softly, “I trust you and you trust me. We would never hurt each other intentionally.”

“But what if we do by chance?”

“Whatever happens will happen…” Key shrugs, “But again, what do you want?”

“I…uhhh…I want to love you…if that’s okay.”

“What do you mean ‘if that’s okay’? You already do, don’t you? You say it a lot.”

“No, no, no. Not brotherly love, although it’s nice…I want the…umm…”

Key nods understanding, “That type of love.” His face stretches into a smile as he rests his head on Onew’s chest, both their legs crossed comfortably.

“I love you, Onew, but…I don’t know…”

“It’s okay that you don’t know. You love Minho and he screwed you over. You still have residual feelings for him…and I understand. I’m still going to love you, though.” He grabs both of Key’s wrists and pins him down on the couch, “I don’t care who or what comes along” He says quietly, “I will win you.” Key barley makes out the man’s last remark but shudders slightly once he kind of comprehends it. Onew kisses him gently. Key’s still confused as hell at what Onew has said and also at his sudden change in attitude. All Key can manage is a sigh, “Hey.”

“Yeah?” Onew says, his forehead pressed against Key’s.

“We should order pizza.”

Onew sits in silence momentarily, making Key wonder if he’s said the wrong thing. He suts back on his knees and rests his hands on Key’s thighs.

“Out or in?” He asks, smiling like a dork.

Key mentally sighs with relief, “Out would be nice.” He says as he sits up.

“Anything you want.” Onew kisses him on the forehead, “But it’s my choice.” 

A/N: Hehe chapter lucky thirteen. Hope you're enjoy all the onkey for a bit.