Nice to Meet You

Nice to Meet You

Victoria went to open the door when the doorbell rang. She was shocked and scared when she saw her visitor. She slammed the door, locked it and ran into the bedroom. She hid herself under the blanker and couldn’t stop shivering. It couldn’t be him. He shouldn’t know about Kyu Hyun’s apartment. Victoria didn’t know how long she hid under the blanket. She became alert when she heard the bedroom’s door being opened. When a hand pulled the blanket away, she almost pushed the person but stopped when she realised it was Kyu Hyun. 

“What happened?” Kyu Hyun was shocked with Victoria’s reaction. He never sees her being so afraid before. 

“He found me,” Victoria said. 

“Who found you?” Kyu Hyun asked her. 

“My father,” Victoria replied. 

Kyu Hyun never heard Victoria talking about her family. This is the first time he heard her mentioning her family but then her voice is filled with fear. Kyu Hyun sat down beside her on the bed and asked her what happened back then. 

With a trembling voice, Victoria started telling Kyu Hyun her past which was a nightmare, “My father was a businessman. We were a loving family. But when I was seven, his business went downhill. He started to change. He became very violent. He would come home drunk and beat us. My mother tried to fight him back but it would piss him more.” 

Kyu Hyun could feel that Victoria started to shiver as she said her story. He hugged her to comfort her as she continued, “This situation continued for three years. My class teacher noticed that I always had bruises and asked me if I was beaten. I told her what happened and she called the police. But they didn’t find my father. At that time, my mother was suffering from mental problem and my father never came back. I was happy because I thought everything came to an end. But one day, when I came back from school, she committed suicide. It was too late and the doctor couldn’t save her. I hated my father because he was the reason my mother had mental problem. After that, I was sent into the orphanage and that was when I first met Han Kyung oppa. I didn’t talk to anyone in the orphanage so the other children also won’t talk to me. Han Kyung oppa was the first to approach me. He would talk to me even if I didn’t respond to his words. Slowly, I started to open up my heart and talk to him. After all these years, I thought that my father was dead but he isn’t. Kyu Hyun, I’m afraid.” 

“I’ll protect you,” Kyu Hyun planted a soft kiss on Victoria’s forehead. 

Next morning, Kyu Hyun went to the security room and asked them to play the security videos recorded last night. He soon noticed a man showed up in front of his apartment twenty minutes before he reached home. He asked the security to pause when the man turned around after Victoria slammed the door. He took a good look at the man and then asked the security to print out the paused scene. He took out his phone and took a photo of the man and called a friend who is working as a private investigator.

“Ki Bum, help me find out everything about this man. I’m sending you his photo,” Kyu Hyun spoke when Ki Bum answered the phone call.

“Saw it. Why you do want to get his information?” Ki Bum asked.

“I’ll tell you once you have his information,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Araso,” Ki Bum ended the call. 

Kyu Hyun thanked the security and went back to his apartment. Victoria was already awake and was preparing breakfast in the kitchen. Victoria smiled at him and asked him to wait for another five minutes. They sat opposite to each other and ate their breakfast.

“Vic, follow me to the company later,” Kyu Hyun told Victoria.

“Why?” Victoria asked.

“I think it is the best for you to stay beside me all the time,” Kyu Hyun answered. “It could make me feel less worried when you are beside me.”

“Araso,” Victoria smiled at Kyu Hyun.

A/N: Updated~ And there's two more days left till SJ's comeback. Can't wait for it >.< I couldn't stop laughing when I watched MAMACITA's teaser. It's just so hilarious. Can't wait for the full music video to be out. Hahaha... Anyway, enjoy this new chapter. Annyong~