Nice to Meet You

Nice to Meet You

Three days after Kyu Hyun and Victoria came back to Seoul, a press conference is held in JS Entertainment. Kyu Hyun went onto the stage alone to face the media.

“Today’s press conference’s purpose is regarding my action during my concert in Paris. I know that my fans are guessing who the girl I was talking about in my concert is. Yes, it is Victoria,” Kyu Hyun said. “Five years ago we weren’t dating for real. It was just an act in response to the photos taken stating that we were together.”

“Then why did you say that both of you broke up five years ago?” Reporter A asked.

“I wanted to make the dating real but Victoria wasn’t ready yet. After that she left Seoul so I told the public that both of us broke up,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Why did you choose to confess in your concert after five years then?” Reporter B questioned him.

“Because I met her after five years. I wanted to let her know about my true feelings. I understand that some of my fans were upset by my action during the concert. I apologise for that. But I really don’t want to let her go again this time,” Kyu Hyun answered.

“If your fans couldn’t accept this, what are you going to do?” Reporter C asked.

“I know that I shouldn’t lie to my fans back then. But today I want to tell them that I love Victoria and want to be with her for the rest of my life. Ahead from my identity as a singer Cho Kyu Hyun, I’m also a normal man who will fall in love and get marry one day. I ask for my fans’ understanding,” Kyu Hyun spoke sincerely. He stood up and bowed to the media and left the scene, ignoring the further questions asked by the reporters.

Kyu Hyun didn’t know why but he felt relief after saying those words at the press conference. Jung Hoon drove him back to his own apartment. When Kyu Hyun stepped into the apartment, he saw Victoria watching the press conference on the television. After they came back from Paris, Victoria moved into his apartment since she has no place to stay.

“Do I look good on television?” Kyu Hyun joked as he sat down beside Victoria.

“Aren’t you worried at all?” Victoria asked Kyu Hyun.

“I had planned to leave the industry since two years ago,” Kyu Hyun played with Victoria’s hair. “If the fans are angry then I will just leave the industry. I’m not worried at all.”

“Why did you plan to leave two years ago?” Victoria’s attention moved from the fans’ reaction to Kyu Hyun’s words.

“Because I’m tired,” Kyu Hyun laid down on Victoria’s thigh. “Everyone thinks it is easy to become a singer. All you have to do is to sing. But you don’t have privacy at all. And it is a cruel world. When you made a mistake on stage, it will follow you forever. Instead of being a singer, what I really want to be is a man who can protect his family.”

Victoria never truly understands Kyu Hyun’s feelings as a singer. When she thought that he loves singing, he is afraid of making mistakes. When she thought he is loved by his fans, he just wants to be a man who can protect his family. This is Cho Kyu Hyun. The real Cho Kyu Hyun who she loves.

“Vic, let’s go visit my parents,” Kyu Hyun suggested.

“Is it the right time?” Victoria questioned. She wasn’t prepared to meet his parents yet.

“They know about our story,” Kyu Hyun told her. “They are eager to meet you.”

“Really?” Victoria asked.

“Yes,” Kyu Hyun nodded his head.

“Alright. When are we visiting them?” Victoria knew that there would be a day when she had to face them. So, why not let it happen soon instead of pushing it back?

“I’ll call them later,” Kyu Hyun answered. When he first told his parents about the fake dating five years ago, they scolded him for hurting Victoria. After they found out what he did in the Paris concert, they asked his sister to call him immediately. When he told them that he is dating Victoria for real this time, they sounded more excited than he did. He is sure that his family would love Victoria as much as he loves him. 

A/N: Had a written test yesterday for Anatomy and Physiology which weighed 15% for this whole semester. Hope I did well. And I'm applying to change university for next year to continue as a second year student. *FIngers crossed* I hope they accept my application. And and and the most important thing is that SJ is coming back soon!!! At first it was planned to be happening after their Super Show 6 in Seoul which is going to be around October but now they pushed it to end of this month. Yay! My kings are back! Although without my ultimate bias, Ye Sung. Have fun reading this chapter~ Saranghae~ Annyong~