My Cupid [26]

My Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 10 PM when the rain stopped pouring. Nicole was still sitting inside the coffee shop, staring uninterestedly outside the window for the past two hours. Nothing caught her attention. However, her head filled with the image of the previous event when Jaejoong confessed to her. The laughter of a group of workers entering filled the room, grabbing her attention as she rested her chin on the table. She winced at the scene where one man lit the cigarette and then handed it to his friends. She convinced that she was in the free smoke area, and these adults probably aware they weren't allowed to smoke but that didn't stop them from doing so. Eventually, the girl chose to leave the spot, aimlessly wandering on the sidewalk.

She stood at the entrance of the alley, debating if everything would be okay if she check inside her home or it would be better if she stays away from the neighborhood temporarily. She was still wondering how much the impact she received and to think that she was just a victim made her angry. What made her angrier was her situation that obviously so hopeless.

"Nicole?"

She jumped a bit at the sudden voice. Wide-eyed, Nicole looked at the man who towered over her. "Where are you going?"

"Why are you here?" Nicole asked, ignoring the given question.

Jaejoong smiled at her before pointing to the alley. "I want to check by myself and make sure that you have arrived safely."

She was unsure of what to reply and made a short Oh while rubbing the back of her neck nervously. Worry started building up inside her at the thought of the man wanting to visit her home. Before she could switch his attention, Jaejoong grabbed her hand and leading her down to the alley. She didn't say much and following beside him while praying no one would wait in front of her home or for the worst case inside her home.

She relieved when no one spotted around her home and spun around, facing him. Jaejoong smiled down at her, and for a moment she forgot about her fear. It was obvious he was tired, but the tiredness didn't make him less handsome. The smile he planted on his pale face was genuinely happy. Nicole couldn't hide her shyness as she could feel her cheek turned into a tinted red.

"You should take a rest. You must be tired."

Nicole looked into his eyes, catching a change into his eyes from happy to worry. Knowing someone cared and protective for her was a new experience for her. "I can say the same to you. Why are you here, you need to take a rest."

"I just want to make sure."

"Changmin and Junsu dropped me home safely."

"I think I just want to see you."

It was the second time Nicole felt her cheeks blushing. It's been so long since she felt this way. Two or three days ago there was no special attachment between her and him. But now, she was not just standing in front of Kim Jaejoong as a friend but also as someone who has a special relationship with him.

"About the necklace, we're still searching, so you don't need to worry. We'll find it as soon as possible," Jaejoong said in a reassuring tone. "Now go inside."

"Are you leaving already?"

Jaejoong smiled and nodded. Then he patted her head softly. "I already see you. Now I can sleep peacefully." with a grin, he pulled her into a hug, dipping his chin to her shoulder as he breathed into her ear. "Thank you for everything,"

Nicole closed her eyes and smiled when she could feel his heartbeat when her own heart beats for him and vice versa. Jaejoong motioned her to go inside once they pulled off the hug. Nicole smiled for the last time before entered the home. After what seemed like for a while leaning against the door, she braced herself to walked further inside the room. Her home was a complete mess. It felt like intruder broke into her house and stayed for days while she was away. Nicole bit the inside of her lips, feeling cautious. In fact, she knew someone would break into her house, not to steal her stuff but to kidnap her.

She slowly took a step back from her room, opened the main door and shrieked with surprised when someone was already in front of the door. She let out a sigh when the person looked up, revealing his hidden face.

"What are you doing here?" Nicole couldn't help but express the dislike toward his sudden appearance through her voice.

Kwon Jiyong stood with an unreadable look, obviously unbothered by her piercing stare. Nicole's eyes darted down to his hand while shock enveloped her when she noticed the stains of blood on his arm. Her eyes shifted back to him, demanding an explanation as he finally opened .

"I'm hungry."

Nicole looked at him in disbelief. She clenched her fist and bit her lower lip, trying to keep calm. Ten minutes later, eventually, she found herself stood in front of a food truck. Nicole stared at the boy next to her who began eating the hot dog in silence.

"Why are you here?" she repeated her question annoyedly. Jiyong gave a brief look at her before continue to take a bit of the hot dog.

"Let me eat first," he said after a few seconds.

She didn't ask him any question for several times until he finished eating his food. They walked on the sidewalk in silence.

"If you are not going to tell me, you better go away."

He halted and spun aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter