My Cupid [16]

My Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing that came to Nicole’s mind when she stepped into the school was how she could survive without hearing the things she wanted to get rid the most of her life. Cupid queen title. But surprisingly everything went unexpectedly opposite from what she thought would going to be. 

No more fake greetings from the group of fake people, no more annoying request from the annoying ones, and to the most of her surprise everyone was so friendly and showed a lot of concern for her. The conversations she had with everyone also went so smoothly and as far she liked what she experienced now. 

“Do you remember this place? The place where you nearly confess to him?” Hara crossed her arm over her chest and leaned against the wall.

They were in front of their new class as Nicole’s eyes scanning inside which seemed odd for her yet it calmed her for some reasons.

“Of course, I do,” Nicole smiled. “But thanks to you it’s failed.”

“Is that sarcasm?” Hara raised an eyebrow.

“No,” Nicole laughed and poked Hara in the middle of her head jokingly. “I could’ve been rejected by him if you were here and pushed me to confess to him.”

“Eii, at least now you’re with him.” she kicked Nicole's shoes playfully and threw her a wink.

“We’re just friend.” Nicole clarified.

“A ‘some’ friend?” Hara teased.

Nicole glowered at her. “FRIEND. Just FRIEND.” 

Hara burst into laughter and then pinched her friend’s cheeks playfully. “I was just joking, okay? Why so serious?”

Nicole rolled her eyes. It was the truth that she and Jaejoong were just a friend. Except them being close and comfortable with each other that they could talk and share about their problem without feeling shy, they were nothing but close friends. She liked how their friendship developed, and she didn’t want to think further than that. He was just like a big brother for her, at least, for now.

Later when the school finished, Nicole packed her stuff on the table and put it inside her backpack. 

“I heard he’s coming here,” Hara said.

“Yes,” Nicole nodded as if she knew who was the person she referred but then paused. “How do you know?”

Hara pointed her head at the girls outside the class.

“Jaejoong Oppa is here!”

“Really?”

“Yes! I saw him at the school parking. Oh my god, he’s gotten so hot and handsome!”

“God! Is he coming with the others? Let’s go there!”

Both Nicole and Hara turned to look each other.

“Is he here with his friends?” Hara asked. Nicole bit her lips. “I don’t know,” she swung her backpack over her shoulder and went outside the class.

She suddenly felt uneasy at the mention of Jaejoong’s friends. Even she and Jaejoong had gotten better, but she still couldn’t forget how his friend’s actions towards her. How she reacted to them? What would be their reaction to find out their friend now being friends with someone they used to mock?

“Uhm, I think it’s not okay to walk over there confidently, Cole,” Hara said in horror upon seeing the sight in front of them.

Nicole looked at the direction and found the girls crowded around Jaejoong’s car as they were cheering for him and shouting how they missed him since his graduation from the school.

“I think I need to text him,” Nicole said as she pulled out her phone.

“Well, I think you need to wait outside. At least that bunch of girls can’t see you there.” Hara pulled Nicole’s arm and dragged her outside the school. Minutes later Jaejoong’s car came as he rolled down the window.

“Come in.” He commanded with a smile.

Without a second thought, the two jumped into the back seat.

“Oh, I feel like a ninja for a moment,” Hara spoke as she wiped her sweat from her forehead.

“Are you okay?” Nicole asked in concern as her body moved forward to look at Jaejoong.

“That’s the question that I should ask you both.” He turned to the two. “Are you okay?”

“Don’t worry Oppa. They don’t even saw us.” Nicole replied.

“She’ll be fine as long as she’s with me, you don’t need to worry,” Hara added, planting a playful smile on her face. A deep wrinkle appeared on Nicole’s forehead when Jaejoong gave her friend his thumbs up. Since when they got close?

It took 20 minutes to get to their house. Jaejoong was in the living room watching tv while the girls were inside their bedroom.

“Do I look good with this?” Nicole asked as she took out a grey shirt with a printed flower on it and black jeans from her wardrobe. “Or this?” she then took out a red lace dress with a low cut in the back.

“The first one is too simple,” Hara said pointing out the first. “And that one is too y. Where do you think you’re going with that dress? And wait, I never know you have that.”

Nicole rolled her eyes and threw the rejected clothes onto her bed. She took out another one but ended up landing on her bed as Hara shook her head in disapproval.

“Pick one for me if you’re gonna disapprove all of my choices,” Nicole glared her annoyedly as she folded her arm.

Hara chuckled. “What is this? I never saw you being so concern about your looks before. So you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter