My Cupid [23]

My Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nicole was on her way to meet Changmin near the school when the rain starts pouring down. She rushed to the coffee shop nearby without thinking twice, decided to wait for the rain to stop while having a cup of hot chocolate.

"Welcome..."

She was greeted by the male employed in front of the door and led to the counter to place the order. After placed the order, she scanned around and got her attention landed to the boy in the corner. The corner of her lips pulled upward as she walked toward the table and greeted the person with a friendly smile.

He looked up in surprise at her sudden appearance, especially in a drenched condition.

"Can I sit here?"

He nodded lightly.

"Are you waiting for someone?"

"Does rain counts as someone?"

"So you're waiting for the rain to stop." She chuckled as she thanked the waiter that brought her order to the table. She took out her phone from the bag and sent a message to inform Changmin she was at the cafe near her home.

"You are soaked," Jiyong commented as he stared at her wet shirt.

"It's okay, it'll dry soon." she shrugged and took a sip of her hot chocolate when she noticed a tiny scar in the corner of his lips. "What happens to your face?"

His hand trailed to the spot she referred and covered it with his palm. "Common fight between men," he said lightly.

Nicole raised her eyebrows. She knew he lied because he had so many fights and to mentioned the cause was only an argument was impossible. At this rate, she was suspicious if he has some debt issue or he just had so many people disliking him. "Do you possibly have enemies or something? Because every time I see you always have scars because of fights."

The corner of his lips twitched upwards, "This is how I survive. You’ll get used to seeing it by times."

"Even so, please be careful. You had jab scars before. I can see it's some serious problem."

He smirked at her words. While her focus landed on her phone, Jiyong tapped the table lightly and nudged his chin over her shoulder signaling her to check to the back of her seat. “Do you know him?”

She turned her body and caught a strange man looking at her direction.

“No,” she said turning back to face him.

Jiyong was still staring at the person with his piercing eyes and warned her, “Be careful. Don’t go out too late.” he scraped his eyes away from the man and looked at her. “Someone is coming over here."

Her lips formed a thin line and then she chuckled seconds later. “The ones coming toward here? He’s my friend.”

Jiyong stared at the tall man who was now standing beside the table. “Hi, cupid.” she looked up at a sight of Changmin smiling playfully at her, nothing new just typical him.

“I’m sorry I should’ve taken you home instead of asking to meet near the school.”

Nicole tapped his hand lightly, “It’s okay. At least, you didn't make me order two cups hot chocolate for waiting.” 

As the two chuckled, the sound of the chair chips made them stopped as Nicole shifted her attention back to Jiyong who was standing up while putting her caps on.

"Are you leaving?"

He nodded, "Don't be late home."

Nicole nodded her head and waved, "Okay. Thank you, see you later."

Jiyong nodded for once again and politely bowed lightly to the boy next to him before he left.

"What to do with Hyung, I believe he'd gone mad if he saw you with another man."

Nicole continued sipping her hot chocolate and rolled her eyes.

"Who is he?" he asked again, a mischievous smile appeared on his face.

"Just a friend." she shrugged off. "What do you want to talk about?"

Changmin leaned against his chair and rubbed his temple. "Do you know Hyung's Mom is already home?"

"Really?"

"Yes, it was yesterday. Hyung moved out from the witch house to a new one as well. So we, I mean I, planned to make a small celebration for him."

"You made this plan?"

"If not me who else? Yunho hyung is busy with his college, Yoochun hyung probably doesn't want to cut off his time with his girls to think about this idea meanwhile Junsu is too stupid and immature to arrange something like this."

She chuckled at his bluntness. Somehow it's weird to see a childish like him became the thoughtful one amongst the rest of his gangs.  They went off to Jaejoong's home after he explained his idea to her, and make sure the other boys didn't forget his little plan.

They arrived at the apartment and made their way to the seventh floor. By the time they reached the room, the sight of Yoochun and Junsu waiting in front of the door greet them.

"Did you buy the cake? How about the meals? Hyung is inside, right?" Changmin shot the two endless question right away.

Junsu raised the plastic bags in his hands. "And Hyung is inside."

Changmin sighed a relief. "Yunho hyung? Where is he?"

"He's already inside before we arrived," Yoochun answered.

"What a thoughtful man." he sneered and then began taking up the plastic bags on the floor.  

"Just let her do his thing, cupid." Junsu stopped Nicole from helping his friend carrying the plastic bag, and drag her instead toward the door and pressed the bell.

The door opened revealing a man behind surprised at the unexpected guest.

"Hyung congratulation for escaping the jail!" Junsu came forward and hugged the older. Jaejoong eyes shifted to the girl beside the younger as she waved and smiled. Yoochun patted his shoulder and came inside.

"What?" Jaejoong raised his eyebrows when Changmin loaded his hands with the plastic bags.

"For you and aunty. Congrats my brother, you ain't longer need to deal with the witch," he said almost in a whisper, "That's how you supposed congratulating, tone down your voice, dude." he said mocking at Junsu and dragged Nicole inside.

Junsu snorted and following after. Jaejoong closed the door with his feet and tried not to lose his grip on the bags as he joined the other in the living room. All of them was standing there, watched his mom playing with flowers in her chair. Jaejoong sighed and put down the plastics on the table and headed toward them.

"What are doing? Sit."  

They followed him sat on the sofa, but none of them dare to speak up first. They would've thrown the party already if her mom hadn't been there. Jaejoong understands this as well. He could sense his friends was just afraid to make a noise since his mom is sensitive to it.

"Hyung, we brought the cake for aunty." Junsu suddenly opened the box and took the cake out.

Jaejoong smiled thankfully. "Thank you. My Mom loves cake so much. Why don't you give it to her?"

The younger halted his movement and looked around, it was obvious that he hesitated to move. "It's okay, don't be afraid of my mom." Jaejoong smiled, but everyone can see it was a bitter one.

“No Hyung, don’t misunderstand, I—”

“Let me do it.”

Everyone watched Nicole as the girl snatched the cake away from Junsu and walked carefully toward the woman. The woman noticed her steps as she gave her a frightened look and clutched hard onto the pillow between her legs. When she was beside the older, Nicole knelt down and gave the cake while flashing a gentle smile.

"Aunty, we bring the cake you like. You like strawberry, right?" she smiled cheerfully and pulled out the strawberry.

There was a trace of sparkle in the older eyes as if she was seeing something precious for the first time in her life. Her hand reached the youngers, holding and moving around, trying to snatch the strawberry.

Nicole feeds her with a soft lovingly look. She longed for this moment when she took care of her Mom.

She understands how it feels to see people she loves and cares battled with an illness. And whenever she thinks about it, she always misses her Mom. She doesn't want people to experience the same pain of losing an important person like she did especially to the son of the woman before her.

"Does it good, aunty?" Junsu neared the two suddenly and knelt down beside Nicole.

"I think aunty want more. She stared at the cake since earlier." Changmin said and cut the cake in one slice, feeding the woman as the latter received it with a big smile plastered on her face.

The three of them turned to Jaejoong who was smiling heartily at them. He was very moved and thankful for his friends who always take care his mom without him asking.

"Jae, what are you doing? Let's eat the cake with aunty." Yunho called, then gobbled a big mouthful of the cake.

Jaejoong came closer and sat next to Junsu. He landed his gaze on his friends that surrounded her mom one by one, and the warm feeling grew within him, seeing how sincerely his friends put the effort to entertain his mom. A soft smile colored Jaejoong's lips.

"Sir, Mrs. Lee is here."

All of them paused and looked up at the worried face of the maid. At the moment, a tall woman entered the living room while looking at Jaejoong direction coldly, before she shifted her eyes to the center, flashing a big smile.

Nicole turned to see Jaejoong Mom's reaction, but the older was too focused on the cake in her hand to get distracted by the newcomer presence.

The woman walked toward them as she shot her glare toward Jaejoong. "Your mom just returned home, and you let these people disturb her when all she needs now is only to rest?"

From the corner of her eyes, Nicole could see Junsu wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter