My Cupid [25]

My Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you.”

The tall man who plated the food for her smiled eagerly. "My pleasure, I'm quite a good cook, so I'm sure you will like the food." he winked before went outside the house.

"Are you seriously just his next door neighbor?" across her, the guy who introduced his name as Seungri glared, skeptical. He had been interrogating her for the past twenty minute which slightly made her uncomfortable.

"Yes, I live next to his house."

He nodded his head, finally ceased bombarding her with the questions. "It's quite new for us to see Hyung being nice to someone new. We know his personality, and he is not someone who likes to intervene other's business."

"But, what did those people want from him?"

"They want him."

"But why? They killed his parents, what else they need from him?" her voice faltered.

Seungri put his spoon down and looked up at her. "Did he tell you about it?" he asked, sounded surprised and then continued, "His life will never be at peace because whenever he goes and does, those people will always find a way to get rid of him. You need to be careful as well because each of your action will give an impact to Hyung since those people think you two have some special relationship."

Upon hearing the words from him, she became silent as she recalled the previous event when Jiyong showed up to safe her. It would have been easier if he ignored the threat as if he didn't have any relation with her. He came to rescue her made things became complicated although she knew he was just feeling responsible. And she believed that she became the target as well to threaten him in the future.

"I won't tell you the story behind it all since it's Hyung's privacy," Seungri said again and checked his watch. "I gotta go, I need to hire a new employee for our bar."

"Wait!" Nicole stopped him to got up. "You say you need a new employee?"

He nodded. "Why?"

"Please hire me. I need a job."

He raised his eyebrow and somehow she knew the answer from the look he gave her.

"No, you can't." said the voice from the door. Soohyuk came back to take his jacket and shot her a stare. "Jiyong will not allow it. Moreover, it's a club that we're talking about, the not so safe place for someone who is in the midst of hiding from people who could pop out anytime there."

"Hyung is right, I'm sorry," Seungri added.

Nicole looked at the two, none of them showed any consideration to let her in as Jiyong's voice filled the room, grabbed their attention.

"What are you doing? Let's go."

Soohyuk gave her a last look before he went outside.

"We'll back soon. Call me if something seems suspicious." Jiyong said before went outside.

"Am I really can't work there? I need it to cover my living cost. I can't just stay here doing nothing." she pleaded.

Seungri sighed and nodded reluctantly, "Okay. I think it's unfair to keep you here all day and since we need someone to fill the position in the kitchen, you can take it. Hyung rarely check the kitchen so make sure they don't discover you until I make up some excuse."

She cracked a smile upon hearing it and bowed multiple times to thanked him. Seungri waved her off with a forced smile, unsure if his decision was right but he told her the address in the end.

At 5 PM, as Seungri told her, she arrived at the address. Seungri welcomed her at the back door of the bar that fortunately connected to the kitchen so his friend whose usually hanging inside the bar will not notice her. He explained everything that she needs to do and warned her yet again to not near his friend's sight, especially Kwon Jiyong.

Her shift ends at 9 PM. Seungri intentionally shortened her time because Jiyong usually back at 10 PM and he didn't want the girl to walk alone to the house so late even though the distance between Youngbae's house and the bar wasn't far. But more importantly, he didn't want Jiyong to find out about him hiring the girl without his permission.

Nicole was talking with the other worker when her phone rang. She went outside to the alley beside the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Cupid where are you?" Junsu's voice called her out on the other side. "We're in front of your house, but it seems empty. Are you outside?"

She quickly answered. "Oh, yes I'm outside."

"What times are you coming home? We'll be waiting."

"No! You don't have to." she interrupted immediately. She tried to get an excuse since she didn't want them to know she has been hiding in someone's house. "I mean, I'm staying at my friend's house, so I won't back home tonight," she said, avoided to mention whose house it was.

"Oh, okay," Junsu said. "We're inviting you to come with us tomorrow. We're going to the beach!" he informed excitedly.

"You will come, right?" she could hear Changmin's voice in the background.

Biting her lips, she hesitated to answer. Junsu chuckled over the line. "Of course it's not only me and Changmin. The other Hyung will come along too. Jaejoong Hyung will bring his mom as well."

"It's not about that." she clarified. "I don't know if I can make it tomorrow," She could hear their disappointment sighs over the line. "I'll tell you tomorrow."

"We hope you can come with us tomorrow, 8 AM okay?"

"Okay," she muttered as he hung up the phone. She was about stepped Soohyuk's face as Seungri and Seunghyun advanced to separate the two.inside the kitchen when a loud shout echoed down the alley. She was aware that the noise came from behind the bar. She took a tiny step toward the backyard and narrowed her eyes when she vaguely spotted Kwon Jiyong and his friends standing under the dim street light. She naturally hid behind the wall when she saw Jiyong nearly gave his punch on

"I warned you once again, don't intervene in my business," Jiyong spoke calmly.

Soohyuk gave him a glare and removed Seungri's hand around him harshly. "You're stupid, Jiyong. Do you think you can handle it by yourself? I know how badly you want revenge, but it won't solve the problem and eventually will hurt the two of you."

"Why do I need to worry about her? It looks like you forgot who's behind my parent's dead, do you?" Jiyong sneered. "Will you still say the same if you see your parents being shot and died in front of your eyes? And you hope you can die as well because it's better than unable to help them and watch the look they gave you in their very last breath!"

"I understand how you felt, we all know. But that's not a very cool move you are doing right now." Soohyuk shook his head in disagreement. "At least consider her feeling. You are better than this."

"Hyung, I believe the two of you can talk about it with a cool head. But have you ever give her a chance? No. She's hurt as well, please don't be selfish."

Seeing the younger tried their best to cool down the boy, Seunghyun took a chance to snatched the gun in his right hand. Jiyong didn't bother to steal it back and gave him a deadly stare as the older spoke, "We don't want you to be a criminal."

Shaking his head with a scoff, he declared. "Don't stop me on this one if you are still my friend." he walked past them and abruptly stopped when he met eyes with Nicole who was still standing behind the wall.

Her gaze drifted to the gun in his hand. She didn't dare to meet his eyes after hearing their conversation.

"Why are you here?" his tone was cold yet she could feel the anger in it.

"I-I'll go back." she stuttered as she turned to leave and take her belonging in the kitchen.

Seungri followed after and hesitantly gave an envelope to her. She glanced at it and knew that it was her first and last pay.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can use you as our employee," he said, looking at her with an apologetic look. "You don't need to worry about Jiyong Hyung. I'll explain it to him."

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter