My Cupid [22]

My Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think it will be safer if we install this security bars on the window," Jaejoong said while re-checking the bars strength with both his hands. 

The girls behind him smiled in amazement as the guy removed the gloves off his hands and took a sip of water from the glass on the table.

"And don't forget to throw that away." he pointed to the curtain on the floor, "use this, instead."

"You even buy this for us?" Hara took the bag from him and pulled the new curtain out while her smile became wider when she found out its color and design was totally her and Nicole's type. "It's pretty."

"I've heard it somewhere, that you shouldn't keep stuff that remind you of bad things or else another bad things will happen to you."

"I will definitely throw that curtain away. Wait, we need hooks right here." 

"So Miss, why are you laughing?" as Hara headed off to her room, Jaejoong's eyebrows raised, but he couldn't help but smile along seeing Nicole’s first smile ever since he arrived one hour ago. It was definitely a good sign because he worried she'd be still in depressed like the last night event.

"I can't believe someone like you believe that kind of stuff.” she chuckled as she helps him clean up the floor from the sawdust. "And I even more surprised to see you able to do this all." she pointed to what the boy had done with one by one and gave him a thumbs up. 

"That's why they said you need a man who capable of everything." he gave her a quick smirk before he got up and lie down on the sofa. It might look like an easy work but to replace the broken window glass and install the bars on it was a quiet waste of times and energy. And actually, it was his first time doing it. Even he couldn't believe what he had done.

As if she used to hear that words, she was just smiling and went outside to throw away the sawdust meanwhile Hara back with a pack of hook to the main room.

"I think it's enough." she murmured and looked at Jaejoong as she realized her friend wasn't there. "Did she tell you yet?"

"What?"

She was quiet for a while as if she was debating inside, and then shook her head, "Nothing."

Knowing there must be something she hid from him, Jaejoong changed his position and looked at her with a suspicious look.

"Are you talking about last night when she cried?"

She hummed as she sat on the floor and scattered the hooks onto it.

"Is it relate to her past?"

Her eyes became wider in shock as she looked at him in surprised. "How do you know?"

"It's not hard to guess."

"From what you told me, I think it's a similar issue."

Jaejoong's eyebrows had knitted together, confused about what the girl tried to convey. "What similar?"

"When her mom died, it was also like this." she paused, and so was the boy who looked at her without saying a word.

"Why are you guys quiet?" The sudden existence of the object issue making the two of them startled a bit, scared that the girl might overhear their conversation.

"We're talking about you," Hara said while the boy cleared his throat, a nervous look manage to creep on his face seeing how bold the girl and if she'd ever brought up about Nicole's mom which he scared will lead the girl into another stress and trauma. But his fear has come to nothing but relief when Hara added, "I told him that you eat a lot."

"Excuse me? I'm not!" 

"Too bad, he has already agreed with me. Right, oppa?" 

Jaejoong shook his head and smiled. He took the curtain from Nicole's hand and pushed her aside lightly when she was ready to step onto the ladder to hang the curtain up. In the whilst of it, Hara made a voice teasing the two as Nicole gave her a glare which stopped her immediately.

"Hi, you're back early today."

In front of the door was Kwon Jiyong who was just passing and threw a polite smile in return to Hara's greeting before he entered to his home. A pinched on Nicole’s thighs made the girl groaned as she shifted her attention back to Hara.

"Are you two still fighting?"

"That's hurt!"

"He still mad at you?" Hara asked again, completely ignoring her.

"Who?" curious with the conversation, Jaejoong stopped for a while and stared down to the two girls.

"There's this neighbor who lives next to this door. And that person doesn't really have a good impression of this woman." she pointed to Nicole who gave her an annoyed stare.

The corner of Jaejoong’s lips twitches upward into a smirk, "Then you should stop bother that person."

"What do you mean?" Nicole raised an eyebrow.

"As far as I know you have always been good to everyone. If being a nice person didn't move that person's heart, then that means she or he didn't want to accept your kindness. So just stop being nice." 

"What a great advice sir." she snorted.

"You can't expect people to be always good to you."

"You're not serious, right, oppa?" she looked up seeing him smiling while continue his work, "You just want me to have an enemy."

Jaejoong burst into a big laugh followed by Hara's giggle, and somehow it looked like the two of them has teamed up to attack her.

"Oppa, you are going with us for dinner, right? It's my treat." 

Nicole looked at her smiling friend and suddenly became a moody again. She almost forgot that Hara will be fly to Japan tomorrow and that tonight she planned to make a small farewell party.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can join you guys," he said with an apologetic look. "How about next time? It'll be my treat, I promise."

"Well..." Hara shifted her gaze to Nicole and sighed lightly, "Okay,"

Jaejoong climbed down the ladder and observed his work from down as he nodded in satisfied, "Done,"

"Thank you oppa," Nicole and Hara said almost in sync, making the boy chuckled as he returned the ladder back to its place.

"By the way, is it okay to install CCTV outside? I want to install it, but I think I need to ask you guys first."

Nicole and Hara looked at each other as if they were sharing the same thought, and before they could reply the question, Jaejoong added, "It's for safety, we never know what will happen, so it's better to make prevention."

Nicole smiled thankfully, "We can't thank you enough, oppa."

"Really, how can we repay your kindness?" 

With his arm crossed over his chest and his forehead slowly started forming a wrinkle as if he was in a deep thought he said, "Just be safe and don't forget to call me if something bad or suspi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter