Chapter 7: Just members or more?

Because you loved me

“I am…. Humph” Before I complete my sentence someone attacked me. I can’t see anything because that person is covering my eyes by hugging me tight and I have lifted off the ground.

“Omma, Appa Yuri’s here” It is my none other than Koala hugging brother. Seriously? Aren’t we too old to do this? Apparently my brother thinks otherwise.

“ya, Put her down. She is choking” I heard my mother’s voice with a slapping sound.

“Aw! I was just welcoming my idol sister. What’s with the violence in this family” He pouted. Yep. He still pouts like a kid.

“Omma, Oppa I missed you” I shouted and hugged my father.

I am closer to my father since I was a child. I always followed him. When I was little I used to sit in my father’s lap and nap. When I decided to be an idol and when I left home, he was the most heartbroken one. For the 1st time I saw tears in my father’s eyes the day I left to stay in the dorm. I’ll never forget that moment.

Then I felt my mother caress my head. I felt her love through that simple gesture. We don’t have to express our feelings through words. For a moment I forgot the reason for coming home. I stayed like that for a few minutes and pulled back.

“Okey enough with lovey dovey. By the way, I was waiting for you Yul” My brother said.

“Why?”

 I looked at him suspiciously. I have my reasons for suspecting him, ok? Because last time I came home, he sat with me on the couch and asked about other members for 3 hours and I had to tell about other celebrities I met during our performances, how close I am to them. Then, without shame he asked the number of one of my members. I am not going to tell the name. Um. Ah… (clear throat). It wasn’t Hyo.. (Cough) um.  Fortunately, his interest in her didn’t last long. But still they talk with each other. They decided to become friends and nowadays they are closer than me and him. It bothers me sometimes, because Hyo tells everything to him when they meet. You can guess what I am referring to right? Mmmm, it’s about a certain ice princess and me.

“I have a pile of autographs that I want you to sign” I groaned. He takes every chance he can use my status for his benefit.

“I am tired Oppa. Later ok?”  I was really not in the mood to fun chatting and signing. It’s true that for a moment I forgot my problems. But suddenly every moment in the past 2 hours came to my mind.

“Aw! Now you are a big idol that you won’t give your own brother autographs? Shame on you” my brother is all about drama. I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll do it later. Can I go now? I want to sleep” I looked at my parents.

I think they saw something in my expression, they nodded their head. I felt guilty for not talking with them much, because in the past few months I came home only 3 times. I didn’t have enough free time and if I get one it was only for a day or two. At that time I was so tired from practices and performances I sleep through a whole day at the dorm. But now I wanted to get away from everything and clear my head before I make a decision. I went to my room and lay down in my bed. Then I took my phone and played my playlist.

What I am going to do now?

I should apologize and explain?

She said she doesn’t want to hear anything and I am just a member.

So you want to give up?

No. Yes. I don’t know. What if I confess?

Do you love her?  

I like her. I am still not sure about love.

Yuri-ah, you are too tired. Just sleep now and think after you get up.

I closed my eyes and started to sleep when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at my phone and it was a message from Yoona.

From: Yoong

Yuri, Jessica Unni finally stopped crying and went to sleep. I sat beside her till she sleeps. She took dinner too. So don’t worry. You should eat and rest. Don’t think too much and get ill. Are you coming tomorrow? Text me the time and I’ll leave you two alone to talk. Everything will be ok. Take care.

I know I was hurting her. But she didn’t even let me explain and cut me off completely. I think we both need time to clear our head and think.

From: Yuri

Thanks Yoona. I am grateful that you are taking care of her. I am at home now. I’ll be there in the morning around 10. Take care

I sent the reply and turned off my phone. Then I closed my eyes, hoping to sleep.  Right at the moment one of my favorite songs started to play.

Stay With Me . performed by Demi Lovato & Jonas Brothers

Raindrops fall from everywhere

I reach out for you but you’re not there

So I’m still waiting in the dark

With your picture in my hand story of a broken heart

Stay with me don’t let me go ‘cause I can’t be without you

Just stay with me and hold me close because I’ve built my world around you

And I don’t wanna know what is like without you

So stay with me…Just stay with me…

 

I’m trying and hoping for the day that my touch is enough to take the pain away

‘Cause I’ve searched for so long the answer is clear

That when we are ok we don’t let it disappear

 

I’ve searched my heart over so many many times

No you and I end like no stars and light the sky at night

Our picture ends up to remind me of the days

You promised me we’ll always be and never go away…that’s why I need you to stay

I started crying when I listen to the song.

 

Flashback

After I read Jessica’s text messages I told amber to wait and ran to the parking lot.

When I reached to the parking lot I saw Sica and Yoona near the car. I ran to them and hold Jessica’s hand.

“Sica”

She stopped walking, but didn’t turn.

“Sica, Please listen to me. She is …”

“I don’t want know Yuri. You can do anything you want.  I don’t care. You are just a member in my group. Now excuse me”

“but .. I thought..” before I finish my sentence she got in to the car. But the car didn’t start for few minutes. I can see that Yoona is talking with Jessica. I think she is trying to convince her, but failed because she shook her head and started the engine and drove away. I couldn’t do anything. I was too shocked by her words.

You are just a member in my group

Is that how she think of me.. just a friend

You know it’s not true Yuri. She is just angry

But even she is angry how can she say that so easily?

I walked back to the cafeteria because Amber was waiting for me. When I reach our table Amber looked at me and stood up. I think she knew something is wrong when she look at me, because she hugged me and pattered my back. I hugged her back and started to cry, because I couldn’t hold it anymore.

“she doesn’t even listen to me Amber. I am just a group member to her”

“You know it’s not true Unni. Even I saw how you two interact with each other. Ask any other member”

“but she said that..”

“Shhhh. Don’t think about it. She is just angry. Let her calm down. Then talk with her ok?” I just nodded.

“Now, Wash your face and then we can go”

“Amber I am not in the mood to go to the gym. Sorry” I said wiping my tears.

“I know that Unni. I want to take you to another place. Now go”

When I came back Amber was on the phone and talking quietly. Then she saw me and looked startled.

“I have to go Krys. Talk to you later. Love you” she hung up quickly and gave me an innocent look.

“Ready to go Unni?” She asked taking my hand.

“Yeah. So where are we going?”

“You’ll see. Now come on” she dragged me to her car and started the engine.

Amber took me to the Han River. We walked around it while talking. I told her everything about Jessica and I. She may be younger than me. But she is a very good listener. I wanted her opinion because she is already in a relationship, and I trusted her as a good friend and a sister.

“Unni, If you aren’t sure don’t rush in to a relationship. It took me a more than a year to convince myself. Maybe it could be just a crush. So first stay as friends. But show her that you care about her. If she is interested then you can ask her out.”

“That’s what Seo said” I said chuckling.

“Don’t worry Unni. Everything is going to be ok.” She said and pattered my back. I sighed. Yes. I hope someday Sica and I can talk about our feelings openly. We talked about our problems and upcoming events more. Most of the time Amber was talking and I just nodded my head. I wasn’t listening.

“Unni You are not listening. Let’s go back now”

“Sorry Amber I was just thinking… things” I sighed again.

“It’s ok Unni. I took you here so you could relax. We were here for more than 2 hours now. You must be tired. So let’s go”

I wasn’t in the mood to face Jessica at the moment. So I went home and send a text message to Yoona.

To: Yoong

I am going home Yoona. Take care of Sica for me. I’ll explain later.

Within few minutes I got a reply.

From: Yoong

Don’t worry about her, Yuri. Takecare

End of flashback

I woke up at 7 am in the morning next day and stayed in bed for half an hour. When I walk down I saw my mother preparing breakfast. I walk quietly and back hug her. Seriously I miss her so much.

“Good morning Omma” I whispered and kissed her cheeks.

“Omo. Ah Yuri-ah. Did you sleep well?” She turned and kissed my forehead.

“Hmmm” I snuggle in to her more.

“Are you ok now?” She knows me better than anyone. When I am sad or having problems she always knew. But she doesn’t ask questions much. Even yesterday when I was in bed she came to my room and caressed my hair till I fall asleep. Sometimes I tell her everything, but this time I didn’t feel like telling her.

“yeah. I feel a lot better” I smiled.

“Good. Now go and wake up Jun”

“Ommaaa! It’s too early to face that monster. He never wakes up” I whined. Seriously, you have no idea how much he sleeps. He sleeps more than Sica. So, now you can guess how much of a difficult task to wake him, right?

“I am preparing breakfast Yuri-ah. So I can’t go”

“but..” she turned and glared at me then pointed the door. I bowed my head and walked to my brother’s room.

 I won’t tell you the whole story of Waking up brother mission. Let’s say that I used screaming method, Aegyo method. When it didn’t work I used ultimate weapon of cold water bucket. That woke him alright, but I had to repay him by taking a hit to my head, signing all the autographs and writing back to fan letters. Most of them are from girls. Nope. Not his girlfriends. He specially told me that they are just friends and I know my brother is a perfect gentleman.  After some begging he let me go and I went to my room to get ready. I sent a text message to Yoona saying that I am ready to come to dorm.

When I open the door to my dorm I saw Yoona sitting in the couch watching TV. Other than the sound of the TV the dorm is silent. I walked up to her and gave a hug.

“Yoong”

“Yuri” She got up and gave me a concern look.

“Are you ok?” I shrugged and gave a sigh.

“I guess. Where is she?”

“In the room.  I am going to meet Seo now. Just don’t argue and talk about it calmly ok?”

“Yeah. I can do it if she listens to me”

“Good luck with that” Yoona smirked. I pattered her head and laughed.

“yeah yeah. I get it. Now go”

“Ok geez!  Let me get my keys at least”

I waited till Yoona walked out and I went to my room. When I entered I saw Sica laying down in her bed listening to music. I stayed still just looking at her. She has her eyes closed but I can tell that she is thinking about something, because her eyebrows knitted together. I took a deep breath to calm myself walk to her and I sat in her bed. I think she felt the weight, because her eyes shot up and stood up quickly.

“Amo” she looked at me startled.

“Hey Sica. Can we talk now?” I smiled nervously scratching my head. She closed her eyes for a second and sighed.

“Listen Yuri” She stopped me when I open my mouth to talk. I nodded my head waited to hear her explanation. This is going to be the end of our friendship or whatever relationship we had so far.

Don’t be discouraged Yuri-ah. You don’t even know what she is going to say.

“Yuri, I am sorry for over reacting for such a small thing. But I was worried about you and then I saw you laughing with her and I … I think … I think I got jealous and angry. I am sorry for saying all those things”

I was too shocked to react, because Jessica Jung never apologizes for anything. Even when she is wrong she act cold and walk away. WOW! You changed her completely Yuri-ah. And she said that she felt jealous. I didn’t want to ask more about that and complicate the situation. I decided yesterday that it’s still not the time to confess, because even I am not sure about how I feel.

“Uh . So will you forgive me?” She asked and smiled nervously.

“Forgive? Of course Sica. You don’t have to apologize. It’s completely my fault that I forgot to turn off silent mode. I am sorry”  I smiled at her. She sighed in relief and closed her eyes again. I knew that incident affected her so much and I felt sad.

“So can I get a hug now?” I said wiggling my eyebrows. She looked at me like I was crazy. Soon we forget and move on the better. I didn't want to be serious all the time. This relationship with Jessica changed me a lot in past few months. Before I met Jessica I was happy-go-lucky girl. I don't get jealous or angry easily.   Still I like to prank others and have fun with members, but when it comes to Jessica I get jealous, angry or become a serious person.  

“I should have known better” she sighed dramatically.

“aww! Don’t act like you don’t want my hug. Come on Sica”

“yeah yeah. I don’t have a choice now” she said and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and put my head in her shoulder. I felt like weight lifted off my shoulders. Now I can finally relax and everything is going back to normal.

“Yuri-ah, I don’t think of you as just a member. You know that right?” she whispered while hugging.

“What do you think of me then?”

“Mmm bestfriends. Yeah. You are my best friend” I felt she nodded her head like she is trying to convince herself.

I guess I knew it.

Then why are you disappointed? You already said that you are not sure about how you feel.

But it would be better if she confessed, right?

Then are you going to accept it?

I… I am… Never mind about that now. It’s already decided.

“Befriends” That’s all I need, for now.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Finally thet are back  together... I wrote 2 plots in this chapter. 1 Yuri confess to Jessica... 2nd Jessica apologize and they become friends.

I was uncertain for few days about what to do... Then I thought to postpone confession. I still have more incidents to write before that. But I want to know what you think about it too? Is it getting boring? Please comment your opinoin and subsribe too. It gives me inspiration :)

Next chapter will be complete different.. maybe less Yulsic and more about SNSD ;) what do you think huh??