Chapter 15: The Ice princess, part II

Because you loved me

I stayed home for 2 days and thought about everything. Next day I went to school and for the 1st time I started to talk with Lee min ho. He was the boy that asked me out for past 4 years. I told Sooyoung my decision. I won’t give a chance to Sooyeon to confess to me, because I don't think of her that way. I will go out with Min ho and it will help her to make up her mind and forget me. I just wanted to protect our friendship. But it never thought it will be the reason to end it. I went out with him next week and became her girlfriend at the end of the week. Sooyoung tried to kill me when I said that.

“Are you crazy Tae? Did you see her face when you say that to her? You are ruining our friendship you idiot”

“No soo. That was the only way. She will get over it and we will go back to normal”

“You thick headed idiot. She will never forgive you or get over it. It’s Sooyeon we are talking about. You know how she is”

And Sooyoung was right. She avoided me and never talked with me after that. Every time I try to talk with me she ignored me completely and acted like I never exist. I told Sooyoung to take her to our usual place without telling her that I will come.

When I went there she was sitting in the bench staring in to the space. I think she was thinking about us, because her eyes were filled with tears.

“Hey” I sald slowly.

She looked startled and quickly turned to me.

“You? I thought Soo” She stopped in the middle of her sentence. I think she realized what has happened because she muttered “I am going to kill that idiot”

“Can we talk?” I said scratching my head.

“There is nothing to talk. Now if you excuse me..” She tried to walk away and I took her hand and stopped her.

“Wait Sooyeon. Can you please tell me what’s wrong with you? Why did I do?”

She turned back to me and stared at me for few seconds. Then she grabbed my color, pulled me to her and kissed me on lips. I was too shocked to reactt. Before I could respond she pulled back.

“Do you want to know my problem? My problem is that I love you Taeyeon. For the 1st time in my life I fall in love with someone. I loved you since the day we become best friends. I waited for you to realize that for 4 years. When I couldn’t take it anymore, I tried to confess. But you started to going out with that jerk at the exactly same time. Just my luck huh?”

“Sooyeon. Please listen..” She cut me off before I complete my sentence.

“No. Today you listen to me Taeyeon. I can’t be your friend anymore. I can’t watch you two dating and be happy for you. So please let me go. I can’t do this anymore” She was crying so hard and she sat on the bench again.

I realized then that we won’t be the same ever. We won’t be the trio again and I lost my best friend.

Next day Sooyoung hit me and shout at me for what I did. She said that she took Sooyeon to her home because she was crying so hard. She spent a 2 weeks with Sooyoung.

Since that day I always asked about her from Sooyoung and in the beginning she told me that Sooyeon was fine and she doesn’t cry any more.  Then she told me Sooyeon changed.

“When I talk with her she act like she is bored. She doesn’t talk much. Sometimes we sat together without talking. Mostly she sleeps or space out thinking.”

After a month she said Sooyeon changed her whole schedule so we wouldn’t meet at practices.

Then one day Sooyoung sent me a text to meet her. When I went to her she was crying.

“She forgot me too Tae. Now she ignore me too”

I hugged her and comforted her. We decided that she was doing this because she wants to forget everything. So we didn’t try to talk with her. At the end of the year I broke up with Minho. It wasn’t working and we decided to say as friends. I hang out with Sooyoung like usual, but it wasn’t the same, because every time we talking about something we did it always leads to Sooyeon and we become silent after that. Sometimes we went to Sooyeon’s practice sessions. There were other friends in that class so we hang out with them. But the real reason was we wanted to know if she was ok.

Then we met again on the day we recruited as the new girl group. When I saw her entering the conference room I was shocked and looked at Sooyoung. She shrugged her shoulders. We really didn’t expect her to see her.

Oh god! She is going to be a group member. What should I do?

Just talk with her. She must forget about it already.

After practice session we met at the elevator. There was only I, Sooyoung and her. We entered the elevator and there was an awkward silent. When we reach the ground floor I decided to talk to her.

We should talk and get over it if we are going to be on the same group.

I signaled Sooyoung to go without me and I turned to her.

“Hey Sooyeon”

“It’s Jessica. I hate the name Sooyeon”

Ok hidden message was” I am not your friend any more”.

 “uh! Ok Jessica, can we talk for a minute?”

“ok”

I took a deep breath.

Here we go

“Sooy.. I mean Jessica , I just want to say I am sorry and if we are going to be in the same group we have to become friends. So can you forget the past and start over as friends” I said the full sentence quickly before I lose courage.She crossed her arms and looked at me with the same cold expression.

“Taeyeon, I know now we work in the same group we have to talk and spend time together. So that’s what we will do. We talk when necessary and practice together.  Just to be so clear we are not friends and we will never be the same as we used to. We are just members of the same group. Nothing more nothing less”

 “Sooyeon, Please. It’s in the past and I said I am sorry”

“It’s Jessica, Taeyeon and no I will never forget it. Now excuse me” Before I said anything else she walked away.

In hat moment I knew that the shy and calm Sooyeon was gone and she became the cold Ice prince Jessica Jung.

Next few days she proved that she meant what she said. She talked when necessary, but I couldn’t help but look at her. Then I saw how she interacts with Yuri. It was the same smile that she gave me when we were best friends. Her eyes sparkle and even though she argued with Yuri a lot, I saw how she looked at her when Yuri wasn’t looking.

One day I was watching them from afar when Sooyoung came to me.

“She is happy now. Tae, it’s time to move on. You had your chance and you lose it. You just fall in love with the right person at the wrong time”

What she said is true. It took 5 years for me to realize that I love her. But I was too late.

After that day I started spend my time at vocal practices room. I was practicing and listening to music. That’s the only way I could forget about her. One day when I entered the practice room someone was already there.

“I am sorry if I disturbed you” I said and turned to leave when I felt her hand held mine.

“No it’s ok. If you don’t mind we could practice together” I turned and saw the eye smile that made me forget everything.

We started to practice together and we hang our whenever we were free. Within a week she declared me as her best friend and at the end of the year we officially start dating. But we decided to keep it as a secret from everyone. 

Tiffany Hwang made me forget about my past, and get over my 1st love, Jung Sooyeon.

End of flashback

 

“what are you thinking huh?” I didn’t know that someone was with me until I heard her voice.

“mmmm nothing” I shrugged my shoulders.  Tiffany walked to me and sat between my legs and I hugged her. She like when I back hug her.

“Hmm. It’s about her, isn’t it? Don’t worry Tae. we will find a way to help them”

“Thank you” I said.

“For what?” She turned and looked at me.

“For understanding me and loving me when … humpf” I saw cut off by her lips.

She doesn’t like to talk about that, because she thinks it will only make me sad.

I responded to the kiss quickly but before I deepen the kiss she pulled back.

“That’s not fair. I was going to” I mumbled pouting.

“Aww! My little baby is pouting. So cute” She pinched my cheeks and smiled her eye smile. but next moment her expression became serious.

“Now tell me what Yuri said”

“Ya! You came here to talk about that. I thought you missed me”

“5 minutes ago you were weeping while thinking about past. Now you want a romantic moment? Seriously?” She glared.

“Geez, women. No need to glare, I’ll tell you”

Why I fallen in love with this pink monster?

You know why? Because she saved you from the hell and helped you to be a better person.

 

Hyo-yeon POV

When Taeyeon went to the Seo’s room I waited for Seo to come out. I know for sure that Seo is behind this.

How can be so sure, you don’t have proof?

Minho didn’t talk with her for past 3 years, but suddenly he decided to be her best friend. The day before that happen I know Seo met with Minho. It can’t be a co-incidence, right?

Are you crazy? This is your maknea. The person you love the most of SNSD.  She won’t do this to her Unni.

I know, but I saw the look on her face when she looked at them. And in past few months she changed a lot.

I was thinking about what to do when the door opened and Seo walked out of the room. I went to her.

“Seo, can I talk to you for a second?” She looked startled and turned to me quickly.

I knew she was crying and she must be thinking about something when I talked to her.

“ah Unni. I didn’t see you. What did you ask?”

“I said I want to talk to you”

“Ummm..” She hesitated for a moment and looked at her room.

“Ok Unni” she smiled and took my hand.

Her expression changed completely and now she looks like a calm and innocent girl that I met 3 years ago.

Seohyun’s calm mask is on.

What happened to you Seo? Why you changed so much.