Chapter 12: All is fair in love and war

Because you loved me

Seohyun POV.

I took a deep breath and entered the gym.

It’s ok Seo. As they say “All is fair in love and war”. I walked to the gym and did some warm up. I saw from the corner of my eyes that the person I want to meet. He will come to get me at 10 9 8 7 5 4 3 2  1

“Seo”

“Oh, hi Minho Oppa” I said, smiling like I didn’t see him before.

“So are you alone today? You never come alone”

“Just want to be alone Oppa. I needed some alone time” I turned my head so he couldn’t see me.

“Why? Unni bother you? Want me to hit them for you?” He said, grinning.

“1st of all you are afraid of them more than anyone else I know. 2nd no. They didn’t do anything. I am fine Oppa” I smiled reassuringly.

“If you say so. So mmm how is Yuri-ah? I didn’t see her much lately” He asked looking down and scratching his head. His voice is law and I know he is trying to act normal.

“She is fine”

“Oh ok”

“Mmm you still like her?” I said slowly. Since our trainee days Minho Oppa liked Yuri and ask her out once. But she rejected her and said she didn’t think of him that way. After that Minho Oppa didn’t talk with her and started dating different girls. Even now he has two girlfriends and doesn’t take relationships seriously.

“Don’t know what you are talking about”

“Don’t be like that Oppa. She said you asked her out. Seriously Oppa? She is my .. my friend. Do you think won’t tell us?”

I almost said girl. I can’t do that. At least not yet.

“Yeah. I still can’t forget her. Can’t she even go for a date? She didn’t give me a chance” He looked angry.

I get it now. He was humiliated. Because normally its girls ask him out. They fall in to his charms. Yuri is the only girl he got rejected. It hurt his pride. So he doesn’t really love her.

Huh! Just like I thought.

“Hmm. But if you still think of her. Why don’t you try?”

“And get rejected again?” He said sarcastically.

“Oppa, If you want something you have to try your best. You shouldn’t give up without giving your best shot. If Not you don’t have a right to say you loves her” I said.

We stayed silent after that. I knew he will think seriously about what I said. When he makes a decision I am going to help him.

It’s time to change the subject.

“Oppa, Can you help me to exercise? I really don’t know why I came alone when I didn’t know how to do this” 

“Sure. I have to help our maknea. Let’s go” He put his hand around my shoulder and walked to the exercise machine.

We did exercises and talk about our members and family for more than two hours. I didn’t bring up Yuri again. Because I wanted to give him time. When we end our exercise session and walk out of the gym, he suddenly stopped me.

“Seo, Can I ask you something?”

“Yes Oppa”

“I thought about what you said earlier. It’s true. I didn’t fight for what I want. So can you help me?”

“Oppa, I don’t know how can I help you. She is my Unni (I cringed. I hate when I have to call her like that.) I don’t want to hurt her”

“No. I am not asking to do something bad. Just, can you give me her mobile number?”
I pretended to think. Yes! He is doing exactly what I want.

“Mmm. Ok, ” I read the number and he entered it into his phone.

“Thanks Seo”

“Oppa don’t tell her I gave it to you. Can you promise me that?”

“I promise our maknea. You are the best” He said grinning and hugged me.

I get in to my car and drove to the library. These days I avoid my dorm and hang out  with Sooyoung Unni or Hyo-yeon Unni. If there are busy, I go to library. It helps me to clear my head and think. I don’t go to the dorm because of Yuri and Jessica Unni. They all act lovey dovey and it make me cry every single time and I am tired of it.

My plan 1st step is complete. Now all I have to do is….

I took my phone and dialed a number.

“Hello”

“Did you get what I asked?”

“Yes miss”

“Good. Now put them in an envelope and write To Miss. Kwon Joo-hyun on it. Then give it to the receptionist of …… hotel” (A/N: You get it huh huh?? She is using Yuri’s surname and her name already : D :P )

“Ok miss”

“Then check your bank account. I’ll do the transaction before 5.00. Bye” I ended the call.

Hyo-yeon POV

In past 3 years I witnessed how people change for good and for bad when they fall in love. You all know how YULSIC became a couple, right? Because of love Yuri became more responsible and calm character. She is still the Kkab-Yul we saw when we were trainees. But now she learned to take responsibilities, act calmly and make decisions on her own. And Jess became warmer towards us. She learned to accept jokes and pranks and laugh together. She doesn’t complain about practices. She is a bright kid now.

On the other hand I saw an almost perfect girl become a mess. She was the innocent, well disciplined, calm and rational maknea of our group. As we say in our interviews she takes care of us sometimes. We became roommates since the day we come to dorm. So we were close than others.  We talk about everything before we go to bed. She is the only one who knows that I am dating Eunhyuk Oppa. Simply we don’t have secrets.

 I knew about her crush on Yuri 2 years ago.

Flashback

I woke up in the middle of night and walked to the kitchen to get a drink. When I walk past Yuri and Jessica’s room I saw the door opened.

Aish these kids. They talk about love and responsibilites, but can’t even close the door before sleeping. I walked to the door and saw that someone there. At first I can’t see who it was and thought it was a thief. Then I saw she bend down and caress Yuri’s hair.

Huh? Then it must be a stalker? What should I do? Scream?

Then I recognized who it is. Seohyun? What the… what is she doing there?

I walk back to my room and thought about what I saw.

What is she doing there? She is caressing Yuri’s hair. Is that mean she love her. No Nope Never. It can’t be. I must be crazy to think like that. She isn’t like that. She is our maknea. What the hell are you thinking?

I couldn’t sleep at all. She came to our room after 10 minutes.

This is going to be a big problem.

End of flashback.

Since that day I watched her closely. It was obvious. Why didn’t I see that before? Her expression change in to sad or angry whenever Yuri hugs Jess or they kiss or even small interactions. Then I saw she looked at Yuri when others weren’t looking. All the signs were there. She is officially fallen in love with our black Perl.

I promised myself to help her and get her out of this misery before it goes out of hand. If something bad happen it will not only affect them but also the whole group. So I talk or stay with her whenever I can. I thin Sooyoung knew something too. Because I saw she pays attention to Seohyun more. They went out often.

But Seohyun changed completely since the day Yuri confessed to Jess. That day she broke down and cried in my arms. We were at the Sooyoung’s home and after we came back decorating the dorm we watched movies and had fun. Around 11.00 everyone got a message from Yuri. She thanked us and said Sica said yes. I immediately looked at Seohyun and saw she is still looking at her phone. She didn’t move from her spot for 5 minutes and it made me worried. I took her hand and pulled her away from others. They didn’t notice because most of them were drunk and they are shouting “congratulations” and songs. When we entered the room I walked her to the bed and sat her. I didn’t ask anything and hugged her. That’s when she started to cry. She doesn’t cry normally. But that day she cried so hard, mumbling Yuri’s name. I cried with her. I don’t know what to do. So I did only thing I could think of, I let her cry and caressed her hair until she fall asleep.

Next day we talked about her and gave her advice.

Flashback

"Unni what should I do now?"

"Hey, don’t cry. You already knew they are going to be together someday, right?"

"Yeah. But I can't controll it. You know how hard I tried."

"I told you to forget her. Because one day you’ll do something you’ll regret. You’ll hurt yourself and them too"

End of flashback

 

-------------------------------------------------->

Hey guys,

In here I am trying to explain why Seohyun do this and what is she going to do.

It's a short chapter considering my other chapters. 

So please leave a comment on how you think of this chapter. Your comments and opinions are much appriciated :) Thanks and FIGHTING!!!!!

See you soon :)