Chapter 5: Here we come

Because you loved me

Few months after debut…

 “Wake uuuuuuuuuup… Wake uuuup” I can hear Hyo-yeon trying to wake up members. I was doing my morning exercise. Our dorm is silent because only I, Hyo-yeon and Seohyun are wake up and Hyo always wake up others in the morning.

“Wake up Fany-ah. It’s already 8 pm”

“Five more minutes, Hyo” I can hear Tiffany arguing.

“But we have practice today and we’ll be late”

“aish! Ok I am up. Now go bother someone else” Tiffany said grumbling.

“Can you wake up Tae. She looks like a dead person”

“yeah! She must be tired. We stayed up late last night”

“ok TMI. I really don’t want to hear that” Hyo is teasing Tiffany.

“What the… You” Hyo ran out of room laughing.

We sometimes act like couples, especially after our fans started making them like I and Sica, Tae and Fany, Yoona and Seo, Sunny and Sooyoung. It didn’t bother us much, because although everyone close with each other each person has a close friend that stay with them all the time. For most of us they are our roommates. So it’s normal to tease each other like that. Then again I heard another banging on the door sound.

“Wake up Bunny”

“Hmmm”

“Don’t groan. It’s like the sound of a zombie not a cute puppy as you think”

“Ya”

I smiled at their bickering. It’s almost a year since we debuted. In past months we gained so many things as a group. We participated in music shows, radio shows, variety shows in Korea. Do you know our best achievement? "Into the New World" achieved No.1 spot on Mnet M! Countdown. Yaaaaaaa…. I can still remember the moment when we got our award.

We were late for the event. Our manager Oppa drove in a wrong direction and to reach on time he drove fast. So we met with an accident on our way (Not a serious one, just the side mirror broken). We reach the event 10 minutes before it start. Everyone were praying and crying all the time, so when we got our award it looked like we attend a funeral. We were crying so hard hugging each other. When I looked back at the videos of awarding ceremony I feel so embarrassed. 

 I can hear footsteps of Hyo. She must be going to prepare our breakfast. So it means the second drama will start in a moment.

Tiffany started shouting in the top of her lungs. She says that’s the way of practicing her voice, but Seriously? Who shout early in the morning at the living room?

“For God sake shut up, Tiffany. We are sleeping here” Sunny shout from her room. I can hear Hyo-Yeon laughing loudly to their argument.

“So get up. It’s already late” Tiffany replied casually.

“Can you stop shouting near my ear sunny” Sooyoung said.

“You are taking her side now?”

“Now who is shouting? Since you two are awake enough to argue, come here now” Tiffany said cutting Sooyoung and Sunny’s argument.

Then I can hear another set of footsteps. It’s Taeyeon.

“Come on Fany. Let’s go to the roof top and practice, ok? Let those kids to sleep for another few minutes” Taeyeon said calmly. She and Sunny are the peacemakers of our group. (When Sunny is not in the fight: P)

Are you thinking how I know about this even before it started? It’s simple. This happened every morning for past few months. Everyday Sunny, Sooyoung or another member shout at Tiffany and they argue. Then Taeyeon take her to another place to practice. You would think that we are not close if we fight every morning, right? No, we argue a lot. With many members and different personalities it’s normal to have arguments. But the real thing is we don’t hold grudge against each other. When we are upset or angry we talk about that. Then we forgive and forget. Therefore we know each other’s preferences, personalities and weaknesses well.

I finished my practice and cleaned up the room. Before I walk out of room I looked at the sleeping Sica. Another surprising thing is that although we were so loud in the morning she will never wake up. It’s like she is unconscious. At first I thought she was ill and even called members.

Ah and If you are curious about my crush/ love or whatever it is; I decided to accept Seohyun’s advice and wait for the right moment. But past few months I realized that she also care about me more than others, like showing her aegyo or pout when she is with me. It’s like we have a special relationship that I can’t explain in words.

Flashback

“Hey what are you doing?” I looked up from my work to see Taeyeon looking at me with a surprised look. Then she sat beside me and started to eat the ice cream that she brought with her.

“Seriously?  Are you eating ice cream at 10.00 am?”  

“Yep. Now answer my question” She leaned to me to look.

“Signing autograph’s” I mumbled.

“Huh? That’s not your signature? Is that… Jessica’s?”  I looked down and pretended not to hear anything. But I can feel that I am blushing because I can feel my face and ears getting hot.

“Wow! How did she manage to convince you? You don’t even do your autographs” She leaned back in the sofa and put her legs on the table.

“Like you don’t know” I said sarcastically.

“No I don’t”

“She pout and do aegyo until I agree” I mumbled again.

“Huh? You telling me our Jessica know to act cute? Aegyo? Seriously?” She said and rising an eyebrow.

“yeah. She do that all the time. You didn’t know?” I asked.

“No. She doesn’t act that way .She isn’t cold as before. But she definitely doesn’t act cutely in front of us”

Her voice is full of surprise. What? she does that only to me then? Why?

“She must really feel relax around you Yul. You are lucky” Taeyeon patted my shoulder and smiled.

Maybe she really likes me too.

End of flashback

Since that day I watch her interactions with others. Taeyeon was right. She doesn’t show her aegyo or pout to others. I was so happy about it but am still not convince enough to think about a relationship with her. Maybe I will wait till she confesses.

I walked to kitchen and saw Seohyun and Hyo-yeon are busy making breakfast for members.

“Good morning Hyo, Seo” I greeted and sat.

“Good morning Unni”

“Good morning Yul”

“So is breakfast ready?”

“In 5 minutes” Hyo-yeon replied.

“Seo can you make two plates for me and Fany. I am going to take a shower” Taeyeon suddenly came to the kitchen and said.

“Ok Unni”

“Thanks Seo”

Then Sooyoung and Sunny sat down beside me and we all started to eat. We talked about our schedule for today and laugh at each other. When I finished I got up, washed my plate.

“Yul, can you wake up Sica” Sooyoung said before I  walk away. I turned to her and glared crossing my arms.

“why? Aah. I mean Jessica” she said smirking. I don’t like when others call her Sica. They like to tease me calling her Sica and I always argue with them.

“What? I can only call her Sica, because that’s my nickname for her”

“Someone is jealous… ” Sunny sang.

“I am not”

“You got it bad Yul” Hyo-Yeon said.

“I don’t know what you are talking about”

“Go and marry her already” Sooyoung said.

“Aish these kids” I said and I can hear they laughing loudly even when I close the door to my room.

Then I walked to Sica and crouched. She was sleeping peacefully. You are so beautiful my Sica. I caressed her hair and looked at her. She had a slight smile on her face like she was having a good dream. I leaned to her and whispered in her ear.

“wake up Sica. It’s getting late”

“Mmm” she mumbled and took my hand. Then she hugged it tightly still her eyes closed. She is so cute. I smiled and tried again. So I leaned and kissed her forehead and cheek. When I leaned back I was shocked to see that she was looking back at me. I lost balance with sudden action and fell back. I was blushing furiously.

What the hell. Why did you kiss her you idiot.

 I lost control for a second ok. Besides it is normal thing between us now.

Yeah? You act like her girlfriend now.  

Shut up, what should I say to her?

“Good morning Sica. Others wanted me to wake you up. so”  I was rambling and blushing.

Can you be more obvious huh?

She laughed and got up.

“Baboya. Good morning ”

After getting ready and calling our manager Oppa we went to SM for practices. When we entered our practice room our teacher was waiting in the middle of room, arms crossed and with a serious look on his face.

“Good morning sir, sorry we are late”

“Hmm. It’s ok you just have to practice for an extra hour” he said calmly.

“What? But it was just 15 minutes?” Yoona said.

“Why? Do you have a problem with it? If you are late that’s your punishment. You already know it. Now let’s start”

It’s no use arguing with him. He is a tough teacher and perfectionist. But only he touts us so many things and made us better at dancing.

“I was going to tell you a good news. But now you have to wait till our practice finish” He said in the middle of our dancing practices.

After few hours of practices we stopped for the day. We were lying on the floor and resting.

“What did you do to my girls huh?” I heard our managers’ voice. He was laughing. I waved at him without opening my eyes. I was too tired to even move.

“They were late so I had to punish”

“Ah! That’s good. Ok girls I have news for you. SM scheduled your 1st  Asia  tour in next year”

We were silent for a moment. Everyone was thinking, then suddenly.

“what? Are you serious?” Everyone sat up quickly shouting at the same time.

“wow! And you said they were tired? Yeah, I just got the details” he smirked at us.

“Deabak” everyone said at the same time again.

“uh girls, That’s kind of weird you no”

“what?”

“ah, Nothing. Sit down everyone. Mmm you have to perform in Seoul, Taiwan and China. It will commence with two shows in December 2009 in Seoul, followed by two encore shows in February 2010. You have to prepare around 40 songs” Our eyes went wide hearing that. Wow! It is crazy.

 

 “Don’t worry. We have time and you just have to practice more. I will give you lyrics and practice session details later. And we have to make choreography also”

We were listening to him in awe. For the 1st time everyone was speechless. We don’t know what to say. I was feeling happy, excitement and lot of things. Then as usual I heard someone sob and others started to cry as well. We hugged each other and cried because we can’t express our feelings with words. Our manager Oppa and teacher know us well, so they walked away giving us privacy.

“I can’t believe it girls. Is it real?” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah. We have to do our best. Let’s promise” Sooyoung said.

“Right now it's Girls' Generation , From now on its Girls' Generation , Forever Girls' Generation” we put our hands together and chanted.

“China and Taiwan here we come” can you guess who shouted that? Yeah. Our Kim choding, Hyo-yeon. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Sorry for uodating late. I started to write this chapter 6 times. But had to stop so many times so I almost gave up.  Please leave a comment of what you think about this, so I can correct my mistakes or get new ideas. See you next time..... :) 

and main pic doesn't really match with the chaper, but I wanted to use this... :)