Chapter 1: Into the new world

Because you loved me

 

A/N : Hey guys, This is my first fanfic. Give me your honest feedback. This chapter is long. I wrote everything I amagined. so if it is too long or is there any other problems please tell me. I'll try to edit. Thanks :) 

 

snsd

 

When I entered the building Eung ji the receptionist greet me with a smile.

“Hi Yuri. Are you here for the meeting?” She hugged me. She is around 25 years old and very friendly girl. We got to know each other during my training period. She helped me through difficult time and sometimes we hang out when free are free. She is like an older sister.

“Yep,” I said nervously.

“Don’t worry baby. They will love you. Now it is getting late. Go to your meeting”

“Thanks Unni. See you later”

I went up in the elevator and entered into the conference room. There was a girl making arrangements for the meeting.

“Hello. I am Kwon Yuri” I greeted her smiling.

“Hello, Ms. Yuri, take a seat. You are the first to arrive.” She said bowing.

“Am I too early then? It is ok.” I sat there waiting for others. I was thinking of other members. How they look like? Will they like me? How we going to practice? Thousands of questions running through my mind.

Fortunately I didn’t have to wait long.

“Hi, I am Tiffany Hwang” She greeted me with a huge smile. I knew her already. She also trained with me. But I haven’t talked to her before. Although she has a friendly personality she didn’t have many friends. Because she came from USA and she can’t talk Korean well. Most of the time she talks in English and it is hard to understand what she is saying. Even now she greeted me in English.

“Hey. I am Kwon Yuri” I smiled.

“Wow! It is so exciting, isn’t it? I can’t wait to meet other members?” she talked very fast and in a high voice. She is super hyper and so cute.

“Yeah. I think so”

Then one by one entered to the room. Everyone greeted each other. I already knew some of them. I guess it won’t be bad after all.  The conference room filled with chatter & laugh from my members. My members… It I feel strange to refer them like that because I don’t know much about them. But when I look at each member I realized all of them are just like me. Nervously excited to know what happen next. We all have one dream and to achieve that we have to work together. I was sure about one thing. With these girls, there won’t be any peace and silent moment. And I am happy about that. I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly the door opened and SM Director walked in. The room went silent and everyone stood up to greet him. After the greetings Director started his speech.

“Good morning. I think you all know the reason for this meeting. Today I am happy to tell you that we decided to debut you as a girl group. There will be 9 members and we are still processing a name for the group. But what I really want to tell you is that before I finalize the members of the group I want you to perform in a show. In a month you have to perform. We will decide other things after that”

“In the past few years you trained as solo artists. But when you perform as a group it is completely different. So first get to know each member well and their talents, qualities and everything. From now on you have to live and work as a family. You all are talented and intelligent girls. I hope you can talk with each other and work things out. I wish you good luck. Thank you”

 

I was so happy at the moment my eyes filled with tears. I looked down to hide my face and wiped tears away. Come on Yuri, Don’t be so emotional now. Others will think you as an idiot. Get your act together man. But when I looked around to see other members I realized that I am not the only one crying.  

After director left a training officer gave us more information of training. But I can tell from the look on others face that they were still dazed by the happy news. We all agreed to his instructions. When he finished his speech wished us good luck and adjourned the meeting.

Finally, only group members were in the room. At first it felt awkward. We didn’t know what to talk. Although we saw each other in the past it is different from now on. We have to practice, eat and do everything together. What if we don’t get along well?

“Ahem” I snapped out of my thoughts by the sound. I looked around to see a short girl smiling brightly. 

“Hi! So if we are going to work together we have to get to know each other right? So how about we introduce ourselves first?”

“Yeah! That’s a great idea” Tiffany said.

“How about we go to a comfortable place first and talk” Sooyoung, our tallest member said.

“Practice room?” I said slowly.

“Ah!! Let’s go everyone” Sooyoung said loudly. We were shocked by her loud voice. But I knew she always talk loudly. Sometimes I heard her voice when I practiced.  The room atmosphere changed when everyone laughed at her and we walked to the practice room.

We sat in the practice room floor. It was the most comfortable place in the SM building because we practically lived there for past 5 years. Once we settle down everyone start talking with the person next to them. I was sitting next to Hyo-Yeon. I knew her name because everyone calls her dancing machine.  She is truly the best dancer in SM Company. I was nervous because I have never talked to her before.

Yuri, you have to make friends remember. Now stop being shy and talk to her.

“Hey, ” I said slowly. She quickly turned to me and smiled.

“Hey there. You are Yuri right? I am Hyo-Yeon

“Yeah! I know who you are. I watch you dance sometimes. I love to dance too”

“Really? So what is your favorite style? ”

We talked like that with everyone about ourselves, what we like to do like that. But the most interesting character is Jessica. When we chat I talked with everyone except Jessica. She has a cold personality. I tried to smile at her. But she ignored me. I thought she was too shy to approach. So I talked to her first.

“Hey. I am Yuri and you are?”

“Jessica” she answered with no smile. Is it hard to smile and talk politely? I tried again.

“It is nice to meet you”

Guess what her reply. She nodded at me. What the hell? Did I do something? Is she always like that. I tried to remember if I did something to her. But I can’t even remember her face. I sighed. I guess she is not in the mood. I decided to leave her alone.

“ya! I am starving. Who wants to eat now” Again shikshin Sooyoung interrupted our chat.  Yeah, that is the nickname we gave her.

“Aigoo, you and your eating habits man. You ate twice already” Teayeon .

“ya. That is not my fault. I have to maintain my body, shorty” 

They argued and fought all the way to the cafeteria.  Dorks!   

After eating, chatting and laugh, we finally settle down to plan our show. It took more than two hours to gather songs. We made choreography and practiced for 5 hours straight. During we got really close to each other. We learnt strengths and weaknesses of each other. It really felt like family. First time in my life I felt like I am not alone anymore.  

“Ok guys, one more time and we can stop. Come on,” Taeyeon Shouted clapping. She was the unofficial leader of our group. Maybe because she is the oldest member everyone listen when she talks. We all gathered in the center of room and music started. Then I realized that there is an empty space next to me. Huh, that’s strange. I looked around to find the person who is not here. Jessica was sitting in a corner leaning against a wall. Her eyes were closed and looked peaceful. Wow she is really beautiful. I didn’t want to disturb. What?  I didn’t know what came over me. I just shook my head and tapped Taeyeon.

“Hey, I think Jessica is over there sleeping”

Taeyeon looked surprised to see one of a member sleeping in the 1st day of practices.

“Ya Jessica, What are you doing? Come on” She shouted so loudly that Jessica woke up startled. Then she looked at us and realized what is happening.

“How can you sleep in a day like this huh?” Sooyoung asked. Jessica didn’t answer, but got up and walked to the place while glaring at Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

“She really is an ice prince” I heard Taeyeon muttered. I totally agree with her.

We practiced until we cannot walk straight.  Then we lay on the floor and talked about everything we could think of.

“Hey, Director said there are 9 members. But we have only 7 in here. Where are the other members?” I asked.

“I think they haven’t decided them yet” Sooyoung answered with a shrug. Then she stood up and talked excitedly

“I got an idea, how about we celebrate for our group huh”

“First we haven’t debut yet. Second your definition of celebration is eating. So no thank you” Hyo-yeon said sticking her tongue out.

“Party pooper. So no one wants to celebrate?” she asked in a cute voice.

 

“aaaaaaaaaaaagh! That’s disgusting man. Keep your aego to men. Sorry Soo actually I am so tired. How about Friday night?” I said getting up to go home.  

“Yeah, sounds good” others agreed with me.  I walked out of the SM building around 10.30 and got in to train. I was so tired that I slept through the whole ride. When I got home my family was waiting for me. I told them everything. When I came to my room I changed and got my diary. I wrote;

“Dear diary,

 

First I want thank god for giving me this opportunity. I met 7 beautiful and talented girls who felt like sisters. Today I had the most exciting practice session I’ve ever had. I find out each member has different personality. Hyo-yeon is a carefree person who likes to joke. And she is the dancing machine of our group.  She is so amazing.  Sooyoung LOVES to eat and she dance well. Teayeon is a down to earth person with leadership qualities. I think Taeyeon has the best voice in our group. Yoona is the maknea of our group. She is so shy and doesn’t talk much. Tiffany is like a hyper kid. She is so cute and friendly. She has a loud and husky voice, maybe because she came from US. She likes to talk but her vocabulary is limited. So use English words and it is so funny to watch when she explains things. Mmm I don’t know what will happen in future. But I am going to try my best. We will become the best girls group in Korea. Fighting.”

I closed the book and turned off the lights. I don’t know what made me think of her. When I closed my eyes a cold looking ice princess came to my mind. She was glaring. I gasped and sat on my bed. What was that? Why I think of her suddenly. Then I remembered that I haven’t written anything about her in diary.  I got up and took my diary.

“PS: Final member is Jessica Jung. She is the only person who is not friendly and never smiles. She gets tired easily. But Sooyoung said that she has a great voice. I didn’t hear her singing yet. But I pray that she will get used to us and be a little more friendly” I sighed. Finally I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. But the last thing I dreamt was her. She is truly beautiful.