To teach and to be taught

Back to School, Kim Joon Myun

* a little bit of , but not graphic at all, at the end part of this chapter. 

After 5 long and tiresome working days, the weekends has finally arrived and it was the day of the seminar. I was quite tired from staying up almost every day to mark the students’ worksheets and now, I also had to do reports on my teaching experience at KC. I was only halfway through my internship here, so I still had about one month or so until I went back to NUS to be assessed on my performance, do my exam and eventually graduate with a teacher’s degree. I slept in for a while longer and it was about 9:30 AM when I actually got out of bed. I continued to have the same dreadful nightmares, but they never affected my sleep anymore, the nightmare just existed in my mind and I didn’t feel scared of it anymore. I couldn’t exactly remember much of the details, but this time, there was a lot of my mother appearing and the usual appearances of the warnings given by Secretary Kang and my parents.

You are being watched.

Well, I refuse to be intimidated by that anymore. It’s just words, they aren’t taking any action… It’s not like my mother or father is coming to Singapore anytime soon to get me, am I right? Right. I nodded to myself while I looked into the mirror. I didn’t need to be unnecessarily scared of them! Today was the seminar that Jenny invited me to, I asked Ting Yi to go with me, since we can both learn more about teaching together. Killing two birds with one stone… I smiled to myself and decided to go to the kitchen to eat some breakfast. Then, I saw that there was a cover on the dining table. I lifted it up and saw food on a few plates, a drink and a note. I took the note and read it.

Hi Joon Myun, it’s Yi Xing! Good morning to you, here’s your breakfast and I hope it’s still fairly warm. I saw that you were still asleep at 8, so I decided to cook for you breakfast a little later. If it isn’t warm enough for you, just microwave the food again… I will be in my apartment next door until 2 PM, so if you need me, you can just call me up or knock on my door! ^^

I took a bite of the scrambled eggs and I smiled, it was still warm. I chuckled and sat down. “Thanks, Yi Xing.” I thought to myself as I began to dig into Yi Xing’s food. It was delicious, as usual and I was glad to have a great cook like Yi Xing to cook me meals. He was very helpful and a kind person, he was trying his best to amend and build up the trust we had. I should make an effort as well and just think broader and forgive him. He was the best assistant that I could ever ask for and despite our misunderstanding, I was too reckless that day. Words can’t kill you, but actions will. Just thinking about that day again, I could have turned into a beast. Then, I swore that I tasted something salty on my lips – my tears. I breathed in and out with an unsteady breath and used a tissue to wipe them away. I knew I had to apologize to Yi Xing for doubting him and losing trust in him. It could have been just a hacker, Yi Xing… just isn’t the type to send that to me. Now thinking back, I definitely didn’t think logically back then.

I decided to change into casual clothing and went to Yi Xing’s apartment, which seemed to be blasting with pop music. I knocked on his door as loud as I could and the music paused after a few seconds and Yi Xing opened the door. He smiled, showing his dimples on his two cheeks and opened the door immediately. His apartment was more empty, but it made it more spacious for him. The living room was his practically his dance floor! Instead of a television, in its place was a stereo! He wiped off his sweat with a towel that was hung loosely on his shoulder. He invited me to sit down at the dining table and he said, “I cleared most of the furniture in the living room, so I could have enough space for my dance room. The dining area is the only place besides my bedroom where you can sit.” He chuckled and asked, “Oh yeah, silly me! Do you wanna a drink? I’ll get one for you!” He was about to stand up when I said, “Yi Xing, it’s okay, you don’t have to! I just wanna talk to you.” He nods and sits back down. He looked at me, and I looked at him.

“So… Uhm, first of all, I’m really sorry I stopped trusting you and that day I hit you, I feel really bad about it and I-I’m really sorry!!” I said. He gave me a gentle smile and replied, “It’s okay, I forgive you.” I blinked several times in disbelief, after all, I had hurt him, both mentally and physically! Surely he couldn’t forgive me this quickly! But he did, he wasn’t kidding. I was flabbergasted and said, “I-I, thank you for being so forgiving, Yi Xing. I didn’t expect that…” He chuckled and said, “Well, what else am I gonna say then? You don’t give me any reason not to forgive you.” Then, I realized something. Yi Xing forgets and forgives, he doesn’t bear a grudge at all. It’s something I have never seen in my entire life until now, something I should value, treasure and learn from. I smiled at him and said, “Thanks! So… I have a seminar to attend this afternoon, do you think you could drive me there?” He replied, “Of course, I can! Just tell me where to go and when we’ll go, no problem!” He smiled at me once again and I gave him the necessary details. He nodded and took note.

Soon, it was time to have lunch with Ting Yi and Yi Xing before we headed off to the seminar. Yi Xing suggested we go to the location of the seminar, which was Raffles Place, to have lunch and explore the place. It was 11:33 AM and I was in Yi Xing’s car, dressed casual-formal. We went to pick up Ting Yi and had lunch at a restaurant. I tried not to make Yi Xing feel uncomfortable as a ‘Third Wheel’, so I was mostly trying to keep the conversation going for both Ting Yi and Yi Xing, so the three of us ended up being chattier than usual. Yi Xing and Ting Yi were mostly trying to teach me about Singlish and told me more about the culture and I emphasize on the word ‘trying’. Anyways… I probably have to go on an one day excursion around Singapore one day with them.

Soon, we arrived at the seminar hall at Raffles Place, Yi Xing said goodbye to the both of us and said that he would come and pick us both up at around 5 PM, when the seminar would end. It was already packed with many people, the atmosphere reminded me so much of when I was still doing business gatherings with my parents. The cool temperature, the fancy bright lights, the usual white covered tables, the champagne glasses, and there is always conversations buzzing around the room. It doesn’t really matter if you know the person or not, one has to be bold enough to strike up a conversation and to get more contacts and connections. It was all about association and acquaintances, you needed to know them, but at the same time, you didn’t have to really get to know them. But hopefully this seminar would be a little different because I won’t feel alone with Ting Yi by my side and maybe there won’t be so many conversations about showing off.  

Ting Yi and I decided to walk around the seminar hall since it would only start in about 5 minutes. We took our seats at the round table at the back row and there was a man in his 50’s sitting next to me who was fast asleep! I whispered to Ting Yi, “Hey that ahjussi is asleep, should I wake him up? The seminar is going to start soon…” She looked over my shoulder and replied, “I don’t know eh… He might get angry or something, but I think you can decide for yourself.” I looked at him again and I decided to politely wake him up by tapping on his shoulder. I said softly, “E-excuse me, sir. I think you should wake up, the seminar is about to –

Then, he opened his eyes and looked around, before fixing his stare on me. Initially, I thought that he was going to berate me and make a scene, however, he instead just smiled at me and said, “Thanks for waking up! These seminars bore me, but I always end up having to turn up. All the socializing just isn’t for me, I don’t even like the champagne they give for free here, I prefer my green tea. Anyways, you and your girlfriend must be new teachers, I’ve never seen you two around before!” he chuckled and we both turned beet red, I wonder how he was able to see that we were in a relationship. Before I could reply, he continued, “Oh yes, I haven’t introduced myself yet! I’m Mr Terrence Lim, a senior executive teacher in the MOE department. And yourselves?” Ting Yi said, “Woah that’s a high position sia! I’m just an intern teacher, just like him. I’m Wu Ting Yi, nice to meet you, Mr Lim!!” She grinned and extended her to shake his hand. I said, “My name is Joon Myun, nice to meet you too!” I shook his hand firmly and he smiled at the both of us, replying, “Ah, Wu Ting Yi and Joon Myun, got it! Well I’m sure this seminar would be very useful for the both of you. We need to teach the young teachers like the both of you to discipline the students and be not afraid to scold them sometimes! Which is why this year’s seminar, we invited –

Then, the MC stepped up on the stage and announced, “The annual teachers’ seminar will begin now, please take your seats now. Thank you.” He took a bow and went off-stage again, while everyone who was standing up quickly took their seats quietly. I was expecting Mr Lim to continue his sentence, but he just said, “Never mind, you’ll find out later…”Which made Ting Yi and I extremely curious, but I would find out eventually, I suppose. The MC first introduced all segments that would be carried out in this 3 hour- seminar. The recap from last year’s seminar, the review and statistics of various main factors of the education system, the senior batch of teachers sharing experiences of the past years of problems faced, the main topic of this year’s seminar, which is all about discipline in teaching. Lastly, the special guest talk would end the seminar and Ting Yi and I could go back to my place to cook our own dinner!

As the topic of discipline was brought up, there were several concerns and problems that teachers faced, such as parents complaining to the teachers when the teacher had only reprimanded them. Some of them were wondering whether they could revert to the old system of caning and hitting students with rulers. I was a little scared to think about that one day, the whole class just wouldn’t listen to me. I don’t want to shout and scold my class and I don’t want to turn into a beast that I knew I could be. I knew too well how it will affect your feelings. This seminar taught us a few breathing and calming exercises, limitations to the amount of discipline and so on. We even had a quiz on our disciplinary temperament. It was really helpful to now know that I could push my boundaries a little further, whereas Ting Yi needed to do a few more calm breathing exercises! She said, “WHAT?! Okay, I admit I have scolded a few students here and there for not paying attention and all, but –

“Let’s face it… I can hear your booming voice from next door, some of them are scared of you!” I chuckled and she pouted, replying, “Well… I can’t help it sometimes, I need a chill pill. No wait, even better, I need you. You’re the only one that can cool me down, Joon Myun.” I said, “I can’t always be with you, Ting Yi. I believe you can control your temper, just think about it. You were once that talkative student at the back row with Luhan and Tao, weren’t you? You should understand the talkative students you scold the best, so try to be sympathetic with them and your voice and temper will not raise as much, trust me on this.” She smiled at me and said, “Thank you, you give really good advice, Joon Myun.”

Finally, it was time for the special guest talk. I had been quite curious as to know who the special guest was since I hadn’t gotten an answer to that. Then, the MC stepped on the stage again and announced, “We have come to our very last segment for this seminar, the special guest talk! Now, we shall invite our special guest this year to come up the stage to introduce herself.” Then, the whole scene went quiet and a lady walked up the stage. She walked to the middle of the stage and then, I thought I almost had a heart attack.

It was my mother standing on the stage, she was the special guest.

I thought I was having a nightmare, the worst nightmare of my life.

But she wasn’t a nightmare. She was real. She was standing on the stage, right in front of my eyes. I was not hallucinating and I was certainly not having a nightmare, no matter how hard I pinched myself. She looked like she didn’t see me, but I think I knew that on the inside, she spotted me immediately. I wanted to just leave and run away, run away from this nightmare forever. My grip on the chair tightened and I was trying to look down, I was legitimately having a panic attack. With my mother physically in Singapore, I had a few things in my mind that were suddenly pushed to the center of attention in my brain when it had been forcefully pushed to the back of my brain in the first place. Ting Yi seemed to have noticed my tensed up self and turned to me, whispering, “Hey, is everything alright? You look like you’re gonna have a heart attack and a at once.” She then took my hand and held it tight, I returned it with a tight squeeze and tried not to stutter while saying, “It’s my … mother. The one on stage right now.” I saw her eyes became wider and formed a small ‘o’. She looked at my mother, blinking several times and turned to me to say, “That’s your mom?! Oh my god… W-what’s she gonna do to you? Is she here to hunt you down and tear us apart just like those mean mothers in Korean dramas?” I nodded slowly and replied, “I think so…” She sighed and shook her head, she said, “Look, just put on a brave and strong front in front of your mother. This will show that you aren’t scared of her and you’re not weak. You are brave, you don’t have to run away from all of this.”

Then, I remembered what Ms Han had told me.

“Even if it starts a war with your parents, you have to be braver and stronger than your parents to win them and solve your problems.”

The thoughts of what my mother could potentially do to both Ting Yi and I just kept bombarding my mind. I tried to push them out, I really did, but they kept coming back and they were all I could think about. They could hurt me, but I didn’t want to cause Ting Yi hurt and pain from my mother, she didn’t deserve any of that. I wanted to protect her, drag her out of this whole rollercoaster ride but this would mean… having to break up with her. It would break both of our hearts and I love her too much to let her go. Mentally weighing the actions and consequences of both possible ways it could go was very exhausting and frustrating, and I couldn’t stand up and leave, or even shout out loud to vent out my stress. It would have to wait.

I continued to hold Ting Yi’s hand as I lasted through the whole seminar until it was finally over! I breathed out in relief and headed to the bathroom to refresh myself, leaving Ting Yi by herself at the seminar hall. I didn’t really realize that I had left her without a word, until I had cleared all my thoughts in the bathroom. I was all alone and looked at myself in the mirror. I was pale as a ghost and I haven’t seen myself like this in a while… I went to wash my face again and when I looked up, I saw a man, wearing a black suit with sunglasses. He said, “Kim Joon Myun… It’s a been a while since I last saw you, how have you been?” I was very shocked when he remembered my name and actually genuinely cared about me even though we have not ever talked before. I knew he had been around for a long time under my mother, but I never knew anything about him. But I remember him for his scar on his neck, and he never bothered to cover it up. I turned around after I had wiped my face properly and replied, “Do you think I look fine to you? And who are you?” He closed the door behind them and stepped closer to me. I blinked several times and tried to back away until my back was pressed on the wall beside the sink. He then chuckled and said, “You don’t have to be so scared of me, Kim Joon Myun, I don’t bite. The name’s Do Jaehyun.” I nodded and said, “Well… what do you want, Mr Do?” He said, “Your mother wants to see you on the rooftop in 10 minutes. She needs to talk to you and I must see to it that you follow her orders.” I hesitated for a moment and he said, “Look, I know you don’t want to see her, I saw your face when you saw her. You’re still petrified of her and it was just her existence, Joon Myun. You know you need to see her too, why? I think you know why.”

I didn’t say anything, I was still reluctant to go and meet her, knowing she would probably make derogatory remarks about Ting Yi and I. But I couldn’t run away, I knew she would force me to meet her one way or another. I should just meet her now by myself, so Ting Yi doesn’t have to see or hear any of this. It’s better for me to just settle this by myself, she didn’t know the wrath of my mother yet and I think if she met her, she would be too agitated and it might be too much for her to handle. Who knows what it could snowball into? I agreed to meet my mother and Mr Do escorted me to the building’s rooftop. I texted Ting Yi to go home first via Yi Xing’s car and made up a feasible excuse so she wouldn’t be worried about me. When I was on the rooftop, my mother and her henchmen were already waiting for me. Mr Do walked over to my mother’s side and whispered a few things into her ear, she then said, “Joon Myun. We really did mean it when we were warning you constantly, yet you choose to blatantly ignore us! Why, out of all the girls with excellent backgrounds, you had to choose the worst type of girls? She is a gold digger, that will take advantage of your money! She is no good for you, and your family will certainly not accept her as your girlfriend. You are coming back to Seoul and never contact her again. I will terminate your internship with the school and you can forget about becoming a teacher in Singapore! Your performance isn’t even top grade, it’s not enough to become such an accomplished and successful teacher! I don’t think you can focus on becoming a good teacher, with a leech like her around. You really are a useless brat –

“ENOUGH!” I bellowed and my mother’s eyes widened, staring at me with shock, but returned to her calm composure quickly. She said, “How dare you talk back to your own mother! After all these years, just for a girl, you talk back to me!”I said, “It’s not just for a girl, it’s for the girl I love! And I’m standing up for myself as well, after all these years of holding it in. Why, for what reason should I hold it in and not stand up to you? You’re wrong about her, she is an amazing girl that –

“I don’t want to hear it, I don’t care why you love her, it doesn’t matter! Love doesn’t exist, however money, fame and success does. You have changed so fast in such a short period of time, how did she do it?” I replied, “It’s something called self-realization and love exists! Just that you can’t see it. You’re blinded by everything else that you can’t see love anymore.”

“NONSENSE! Her love is merely manipulation, she is brainwashing you to go against us and soon, she’ll have you wrapped around her finger and then, next thing you’ll know she will take all your money and leave you! This is for your own good, Joon Myun.”

No it wasn’t. It never really was for my own good. They never thought of what I would feel, of what I truly wanted.

“You have until tomorrow to decide as to how to break up with her and I will be sending men to you to the airport privately on a one-way ticket to Seoul tomorrow evening. Remember you are still part of the Kim family, and what I have said today and everything we have taught you must not be forgotten and ignored.” She stood up from her seat and walked off, with her henchmen trailing her from behind. Mr Do then said a quick word to me before he walked away, “Even if you hate it, you’re still coming back to Seoul. But let me tell you, if you resist, it will be cause more harm to the both of you.”

Then, he walked off and left, I was alone on the rooftop. I was really frustrated and a little worried, how do I tell Ting Yi about … all of this? That I have to break up with her, leave for Seoul forever and never see her again, she won’t be able to handle all of that! She has always been such a happy person, I just can’t bear to see her world collapse…

But then…

You won’t be able to see her world actually collapse, would you? If you just left without a word, changed your number and contact details, you won’t have to see her cry or be in pain, you could just quietly disappear from her life forever. You wouldn’t feel as bad as having to say everything to her, would you?

I –

That’s true, I won’t be able to see her in pain if I just leave like that, but it’s wrong to just leave her with no whatsoever explanation. She wouldn’t even know what hit her! She would think that she fell in love with a guy that is a liar, with no courage to tell her the truth! If I have to hurt her one way or another in the very end, let me hurt her with a good conscience and the whole truth.

// “Where’s Joon Myun, Ting Yi?” Yi Xing asked me as I got into the car. I shrugged and replied, “I don’t know eh, he said that he was gonna meet up with someone after the seminar and left before I could ask him more…” Yi Xing nodded and said, “Where do you wanna go then? Back to your place?” I nodded and said, “Yeah, I’ll go back to my place and have a good power nap before my dinner date later.” He then drove off and I was about to fall asleep in the car when I had gotten a call from an unknown number. I didn’t think much of it, so I just picked it up.

Unknown Caller: Hello, am I talking to Wu Ting Yi now?

Me: Yeah, but who are you?

Unknown Caller: I’m Mr Do, but who I am is not important. Joon Myun’s mother, Mrs Kim, would like to speak with you in person. She will meet you at a cafe at Marina Bay Sands, I will text you the address of the cafe after this call has ended.

Me: Okay then…

He then hung up and I received the address of the cafe a minute later. I quickly asked Yi Xing to head to Central to go to Marina Bay Sands. Without a word, he made a right turn into the Expressway and headed for Marina Bay Sands. Yi Xing arrived there in about 15 minutes and I entered the Marina Bay Sands hotel to go to the cafe. There was a group of men in suits, standing outside the cafe and once they spotted me, one of the slightly shorter and less bulkier one walked towards me and said, “Go in and see her.” I nodded and entered the cafe, seeing that it was very empty and there was only one table occupied. It was her, Joon Myun’s mom. She carried a somewhat powerful flair with some arrogance, and an extremely fierce expression. It was quite different from what I saw on stage when she was talking about her life experience as a strict teacher and a disciplinary mistress. She didn’t seem as intimidating up close. Shivers were sent down my spine and I gulped as I walked right in front of the table to greet her.

I said, “Hi, Mrs Kim, you wanted to talk to me?” She replied, “Yes, I will make this as straightforward as possible, break up with Joon Myun.” My eyes widened and I swear my jaw almost dropped. Well that was certainly straightforward… I was speechless, how could she just do that?! How could she just tell me to break up with him. On what grounds?! Finally, I managed to mutter one word after being so terribly traumatized.

“Why?”

“Why?” she chuckled and continued, “Well, you’re not exactly Joon Myun’s match in terms of family background and your social status. You’re poor, you’re an orphan and that is everything we do not accept in the Kim family. I understand that Joon Myun is quite a useless brat himself, but he is still, unfortunately, part of the Kim family. And we still have to remain of a well-bred family, nothing less of that. You are corrupting him and obstructing him of his future, so we are taking Joon Myun back to Seoul. There is no point in holding on to a lost cause, so I suggest you give in now before things get messy.”

Then I paused to think, have I really been corrupting him? Am I just an obstruct to his future, a distraction? I wasn’t his match at all… I didn’t have much money and yeah, I don’t have parents… Joon Myun’s family must have a high reputation to keep, I know they own a huge business in Korea, I’m not like his family… I will be an embarrassment to his family, and how is Joon Myun supposed to face his relatives when we get married? Do I have to lie about my family status too, like what Joon Myun did? I don’t want to be a liar! Joon Myun and I … maybe we just weren’t meant to be, you know? We’re 2 people with different family backgrounds, no matter how much he tries to cover it up, I just won’t fit in with the rest of his family. They’re all so posh, but I’m just… a normal girl who eats in hawker centres, speaks in a Singlish accent and I’m not exactly the type that’s willing to be a housewife, or attend those business parties and act so fake. I’m not on their level and I wouldn’t want to burden Joon Myun with the thought of breaking up with me, I know he loves me so much.

But don’t you love him just as much?

I do, but I think it would be better for me to break up with him instead. I don’t want him to feel bad, I don’t want him to hurt, when he has worse coming for him in Seoul. It tears my heart to even think about breaking up with him, it really does. But I would rather have myself go through this pain, so he could possibly be a little less heart-broken.

But …

What about us? What about our love for one another? Is it just going to be thrown into the rubbish bin like trash? Well… I don’t think so! When you love someone, you let them go. If it’s truly meant to be, one way or another, life will give you another chance to meet again in a different situation and we will still fall in love with one another. One day, perhaps in another life, who knows? I know he’s the one for me, he completes me, but there’s just that one big puzzle I can’t fit into and that’s his family and life in Seoul. I’ll still love him and I’ll crave and miss him when he does eventually leave for Seoul, but I will always have this tiny hope that he will still love and remember me with no heartache. And maybe I could be his match one day! It’s not entirely impossible, I could work really hard and become a really successful teacher, like his mother. And then, maybe, his family will accept me and I can be with him again.

Maybe love’s test is to let go, like a boomerang, and see whether Joon Myun will return to me. If he does, then I know he’s truly mine. And when that time comes, I will fight for him with my life.

// Joon Myun’s POV// It was already 6:30 PM and I was at home, ready to go out for dinner with Ting Yi. I knew I had to tell her I’m leaving for Seoul, why I am doing that, and that I … have to break up with her. Just for now, just temporarily leaving her side. One way or another, I am coming back to Singapore to get her back. I just need to settle everything in Seoul and I will come back for her! I’m not so much afraid of what my parents are gonna do to me, I’m more afraid of losing her. I am prepared to go to war with them, to fight for my own rights to be myself and to stop them from being the dictators in my life, it isn’t what parents should be. I’m fighting for my freedom, my life and most importantly, my love. It took me so long to realize that I had been so submissive that I wasn’t even living my life, it was because of Ting Yi, love opened new doors for me. And I wasn’t going to go backwards, I don’t want to be that submissive, weak little boy, that can’t decide for himself what he wants in life.

Then, I got a text from Ting Yi!

 

From: Ting Yi <3

Hey Joon Myun, we’re having dinner at 7. I’ve already texted Yi Xing where we’re going, but for now, it will be a secret! I want to introduce you to one of my favourite things in the world, besides you. :)

To: Ting Yi <3

Aww~ I can’t wait for our dinner date tonight, is there a specific dress code?

From: Ting Yi <3

You think got dress code meh? No lah, please. XD just dress casually like you would, Joon Myun. I’ll see you there!!! :)

To: Ting Yi <3

See you there, I love you. <3

From: Ting Yi <3

I love you to the moon and back, forever and always! <3

 

Then, my heart was just warm and fuzzy, making me smile as I looked at that text message again, just a simple ‘I love you’ from Ting Yi could do this to me, and only Ting Yi could ever do that.

A few minutes before 7, I was already there and the place looked a little old, nothing like the skyscrapers I saw at the central area this afternoon. I walked into the shopping centre and Ting Yi called me to give me directions as to where to go. I walked down to the first level and walked straight down, past a few shops where there was a hawker centre in a shopping centre! I walked in and saw so many people, the place was packed and I was right, the surroundings were just like a hawker centre, only difference was that there was some air-conditioning here. I looked around for Ting Yi and I saw someone wave her hand high and it was Ting Yi. She was sat down at a table against the wall with food already on the table. She smiled at me and said, “Hi Joon Myun! We’re gonna eat my favourite food in the world, chicken rice!! I took forever to queue up for it, you know? But it’s always liddat (like that), it has always been extremely popular since I was in primary school.” I replied, “Since primary school?! Wow, this place has been here for quite a while, I can’t wait to dig in now…” She handed me a fork and spoon and said, “Yeah we can eat now, we’ll just talk while we eat, alright?” I nodded and took a piece of chicken and some rice, the chicken rice was really delicious, it’s something new I’ve tried. I smiled and said, “It’s really good!” She replied, “I’m glad you like it!”

We were mostly just focused on eating, Ting Yi said that most Singaporeans take their food very seriously, which is why she doesn’t talk much whilst eating. But we were enjoying the time we had together well, just being around her was comfortable, real and happy for me. After dinner, we decided to go back to my place because I needed to talk to her and she said that she needed to talk to me as well. We decided to take a bus back to my place, instead of asking Yi Xing to pick us up. Even though it would be a lot faster if Yi Xing drove us back, but I just wanted to spend more time with her and her alone. We sat together at the window seat and it was very quiet. She leaned her head on my left shoulder and I held her hand throughout the journey back home.

Once we arrived at my place, we sat down on the couch and I was about to tell her everything when she spoke first, “You don’t have to say anything, I know it all, your mother came to see this evening before our dinner date. I know what’s happening with you right now and I’ve seen too many Korean dramas, I know what’s coming for the both of us. I understand and I know, this might be our last date, the last time we might see each other ever again.” “Don’t say that! I promise, I swear, I will come back for you one way or another, I’m never giving you up because I love you, I’ll love you forever. So, wait for me, I’ll come back for you!” I said and hugged her tightly, as if never wanting to let go. She said, “I’ll wait for you as long as it takes, just remember that I will always love you, no matter where you are.”

“I will miss you so much when I go back to Seoul.”

“I will miss you just as much.”

“I’ll think about you every day.”

“I’ll crave your very existence each day you’re not by my side.”

“And I promise you, I will come back for you soon.”

She let go of the hug and I cupped her two cheeks gently, kissing her on the lips gently. Then, leaning in to deepen the kiss. We just let our love take over, it was uncontrollable that night and I didn’t want it to stop.

Let’s just let it out and be crazy in love, lose our minds in each embrace, kiss and moan.

Let’s just not care about anything else tonight but ourselves. 

 

A.N: Well... I hope the ending wasn't too... you know what I mean. *coughs* It's been a long time, so this was 10 pages on Microsoft Word (6k + words) and I hope this chapter was good! Please leave a comment down below on anything about this, I haven't been seeing anyone comment lately and I hate to keep bugging you guys if you aren't willing to. Just encouraging you guys to comment, alright? So many things have happened in this chapter alone, but I tried to prep you guys for some of it during the previous chapters. On to the questions!!

 

Q1. Your views on both Ting Yi and Joon Myun's opinions on breaking up? Do you think it was okay to you, or would you have personally preferred if one of them actually fought for the other, instead of seemingly giving up already? 

Q2. JoonTing's love... like, what do you think of it? Not just this particular chapter, but generally as well. 

Q3. What are your feelings towards this ending? Is it bad?

I don't have much questions today, even though this chapter is really long. This chapter officially commences the start of the Seoul drama and thank you for reading, subscribing and just making my day! And till the next update, have a yehet-ilicious day~ ^^