Strong - KangTeuk

Blue World, A Super Junior One Shots Collection

Title      : Strong

Pairing  : KangTeuk

Rating   : G

Sum     : Kangin was strong, Eeteuk was special.

 

Where did I read the meaning of their name again?

Aish, forget it already…

 

Kangin  : strong

Teuki    : special

 

-

Everyone on Super Junior would surely point out Kangin if they were to choose the strongest on the team. Like his name, Kangin was physically strong, mentally as well. He wasn’t afraid of anything. He would pleasantly accompany Sungmin heading to the supermarket when the cute-boy wanted a chocolate so badly in the middle of the night. When everyone cried for Kyuhyun once they heard about his condition after the accident, he was the one who chilled them out and said that Kyuhyun would be okay.

Kangin wasn’t a coward.

Kangin didn’t cry.

Kangin was the strongest.

*

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!!!”

Everyone rolled their eyes and tossed many things into Eunhyuk, who clung on Donghae and buried his face on Donghae’s shoulder.

“Would you two, for heaven shake, please shut up???” Yehsung said irritably.

“Not my fault! He hugs me so suddenly that I freak out, I thought it was the ghost.” Donghae pushed Eunhyuk away from him.

“But this film is way toooo scary!” Eunhyuk complained, stubbornly clinging still on his companion.

Heechul waved him off. “Don’t be so dramatic, Eunhyukie-ah. It’s not that scary.”

“Yah Hyung-ah! What’d you do if I can’t sleep tonight and get sick because of watching this? Will you take the responsibility if it affects our schedule tomorrow?” Eunhyuk said defensively.

Kangin watched the two of them started opposing each other and smiled lightly. Maybe Eunhyuk was easily frightened, but he wasn’t.

Kangin wasn’t afraid.

*

“Youngwoon-ah, heeeelp!”

The way Heechul shouted out Kangin’s name would make everyone think that he was being chased by a serial murderer.

“What’s it, Hyung?”

Heechul pointed at a big-heavy cupboard in the corner of the room.

“My slipper is stuck on the back. Move the cupboard for me, will you?”

To tell the truth, Kangin didn’t like the way Heechul ask him, nor he had any idea how could Heechul get his slipper stuck on the back, but he’s his Hyung nonetheless. He shrugged and moved the cupboard aside.

“Ah, there is it!”

Heechul extended his hand, trying to reach the slipper.

“Aish, did my hand get shortened? I still can’t reach it. Youngwoon-ah, why don’t you move it bit more?”

Kangin put his hands on his hips. “Yah... Why don’t you try by yourself?”

Heechul tried to push the cupboard aside, and failed miserably.

“Can not! I’m weak, see?”

Kangin wasn’t very sure whether Heechul was just lazy or really didn’t have any power to do it, but to be honest, the cupboard was really heavy. He wondered if anyone but him could move it even a little. Maybe Heechul was a weakling, but he was not.

Kangin wasn’t weak.

*

“We can’t stay like this, Youngwoon. I’m getting tired of all.”

Kangin needed seconds to understand what Eeteuk said.

“You want to over our relationship?” he said in disbelief.

Eeteuk nodded quietly.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t be together.”

Silence reigned for while.

“Why?” Kangin asked in low voice.

“Do you even need to ask?” Eeteuk sighed. “All this time we have been hiding it from everyone in the band… Don’t you think they’d be surprise if they found out what happened between us? And fans… and what will our manager hyung says?”

“You said you don’t care about those all when you asked me going out…” he murmured.

“I didn’t care yet.” Eetek bowed, avoiding Kangin’s stare. “I was kind of being idealist back then. But now, let’s being rational, we’re both guys. Guys are not supposed to be in a relationship like we had.”

Had?” Kangin growled, grabbing Eeteuk’s arm. “Had? We’ve not broken up yet. What’s with that ‘had’?”

The leader managed to release his hand from his grab. “You hear what I said.”

Kangin didn’t let him to do so. “Your reason doesn’t make a sense.”

“We have to stop being selfish, Youngwoon. Do you realize that our relationship could possibly ruin everything we’ve built until now? This is not all about us, this is about our Super Junior. Our reputation... Our dreams... Everyone on team’s dreams. You know how hard they’ve worked. Do you have a heart to break it all?” Eeteuk explained patiently. “Now have I said it clearly enough?”

“Teuk, you know how much I—”

“Please don’t say that.” Eeteuk interrupted. Tears started filling Kangin’s eyes as the older drew his hands softly and backed up.

“Don’t cry.”

“I’m not crying!” Kangin said harshly, blinking to remove his tears away.

“That’s good.” Eeteuk forced a smile. “I… I guess I have to get going…” and he turned around, pulling the door open.

“Teuk, don’t go!”

Eeteuk’s hand froze on the doorknob.

“Is it really over?” tears made its way down to Kangin’s cheeks. “Teuk, I never want to break anyone’s dream, but to tell you the truth, I won’t care if anyone, or our manager hyung—or even the world—find out about us. And the job, the reputation... I won’t care if I lose it all, as long as I’m with you…”

His voice was shaking so vigorously that Eeteuk knew he was crying.

“Yah… Kangin doesn’t cry.”

“Jungsu-ah…”

But the door clicked closed in front of him. Desperate, Kangin broke down.

It’s right that I’m strong… I’m always been Kangin for everyone, because they’re nobody for me, but whenever I’m with you, Teuk, I’m always been Youngwoon. I’m weak, I’m afraid of losing you, and now I’m crying because of you.

He sobbed harder.

Because you’re teuki for me.

-fin-

--

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggh!!!

The fic is lame... T^T

KangTeuk’s fans, please forgive me...