Why Did People Hate Heechul?

Blue World, A Super Junior One Shots Collection

Title      : Why did People Hate Heechul?

Pairing  : none in particular

Rating   : G

Sum     : Heechul can’t be hated. Or can he?

a/n        : …I can write hundreds Japanese names but I’m really with Korean names. So put it aside and just focus to the story and plot, please. xD Thx for reading!

 

Han Seungja

I knocked the door three times with my left hand, while my right hand held a paper bag filled by bread, fruits and some other foods.

“Who’s there?” mum’s voice questioned through the door.

“Umma, it’s us.”

The door swung open seconds later. My mother, beaming with Christmas-spirit, stood on the doorway. Her hands opened widely, ready to give me a warm hug.

“Seungja!” and he continued with hugging my husband after releasing me.

She looked behind us, hoping to see someone else and asked. “Where’s my pretty Cheon Young?”

I and my husband exchanged glance.

“Uhm… Cheon Young…” I bit my lower lip, trying to look for help for my husband, but he just shrugged. “She… You know, that Christmas drama… starring Kim Heechul… The filming site is on the park near our house, so she…”

Mum looked disappointed. “She won’t come here???”

“She will!” My husband said eagerly. “Maybe tomorrow…”

Mum didn’t look impressed by the answer.

“The older she becomes, the further she will be from me.” She sighed. “You two come in.” and she disappeared inside, mumbling something like, “How can he become more important than me, her grandmother? Aish… I hate that Heechul boy.”

 

Shin Kyungwon

“Kyungwon-ah, we’re going to spend the night on Minwoo, feel like joining?”

I adjusted my new-bought-shirt and rechecked my reflection on the mirror to make sure that everything was perfect before turning around and facing Andy. “Aish, why do you even ask? This is Saturday night and I’m supposed to go to Hee La’s. Promise her already.”

“You said the same thing last Saturday and the entire school found out on Monday that she rejected your candle light dinner invitation just so she could attend a fan meeting of that popular Kim Heechul.”

There was too much truth on his words to be ignored.

“Well…” I cleared my throat. “A fan meeting doesn’t happen everyday… Beside, she has apologized to me.”

“Yeah, after making you waited for her for… how long? Three hours?” said Andy mockingly. “She could have called you earlier, but she didn’t, do her? And in case you forget, she left you alone in the middle of your date two weeks ago just because her friend called her and told her that Heechul was filming a drama on the park near her house. Let me give you a good suggestion, Kyungwon. Dump her before you get dumped by her. Han Hee La is not the only girl in this world.”

I sighed. “That’s why you can’t get any girlfriend, Andy. You don’t understand them at all.”

Andy ignored my words. “At least I’m not a stupid person who will let myself being disappointed on and on by the creature called girls.”

“Creature.” I snorted.

“So, how is it?” Andy asked again, as if our conversation was never interrupted by anything. “Come on, you will still have next week to be spent with your precious girlfriend.”

“I told you I’m not go—” my cell on the table suddenly rang. I reached for it and found Hee La’s name flickered on the screen. Why did I feel it wasn’t something good?

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo, Oppa.” Her sweet-childish voice came across the phone. “You don’t forget about tonight, don’t you?”

“No, I’m about to go now, if you wait for me about ten minutes…”

“Actually, Oppa, Seung Gi… Err… She gets two tickets for attending a show where Heechul will also appear and… and she offers me one and I said yes.”

I took a deep breath.

“You understand it, don’t you, Oppa?” she asked, almost whining. “It’s the ticket for the front seat. Can’t get better seat than this one. I wanna go there… You know how I fancy him, don’t you?”

“It’s okay.” I said bitterly. “I was actually thinking to spend the night on Minwoo, too. I’ll see you Monday.”

Without waiting any responses, I hung up. Andy looked at me gleefully as if saying ‘I-told-you-so’, but I didn’t let him do more than that.

“Come on.” I took my jacket with me and stepped outside, swearing on my mind about Hee La’s egoism and questioning how I could hate someone as I hated Kim Heechul.

 

Hwang Ji Young

I stepped steadily on the street headed to my Oppa’s house. I didn’t get it and I didn’t want to approve any single word he said to me last night.

He suddenly wanted to break up with me without telling me any reasonable reason. He only said, “I can’t love you anymore.”

Okay. He couldn’t love me anymore. But why?

“I’ve fallen for someone else.”

Okay. He had fallen for someone else. Who?

“I can’t tell.”

WHY? I almost exploded with my own anxiety. I just needed to know who she was. I didn’t want to flatter myself but looked at me! I, Hwang Ji Young, was the most popular and beautiful girl on my scho—scratch that, on the city. I got the look, the brain, everything. I knew when to let him free but I knew the right time to pull him back to me. I wasn’t kind of fussy girlfriend who would comment every single thing he did. I got along well with his friends, and his family surely liked me a lot.

We were perfect couple, they all told us.

But why did he suddenly want to break up?

I didn’t do anything wrong, we were not fighting, everything was okay.

Why?

Why?

WHY???

I knocked the door three times. The door opened, showing a face of his little brother behind it.

“Oh, hi, Ji Young-noona.”

“Hi, Eun Myuk. Is my Oppa home?” I smiled.

Eun Myuk scratched his head. “Uhm… He’s out for a moment.”

“Then I guess I should wait for him awhile.” I made my way inside, heading towards his room.

“Oh, Noona! I don’t think you should get inside there!” Eun Myuk exclaimed. It made me my spot. “Why don’t? I usually wait him inside whenever he’s away. Your parents say no objection about it, too.”

“Uh… It’s…” Eun Myuk hastily looked for a reason.

Enough for reasons. I ignored him and pushed the door opened, stepped inside, and my jaw dropped.

What was with this room?

On my last visit here, there was a frame filled by our pictures smiling happily to the camera, and there were more frames in the wall with more pictures of me and him. But now, those all were gone.

As far as my eyes could see, there were only pictures, posters and pin-ups of the pretty boy Kim Heechul in every different pose filled the entire wall.

I blinked, and those Heechuls were smiling at me.

I blinked again, and I felt as if the biggest poster of him hanging on the wall grinned intimidating to me.

Anger rose inside me.

I didn’t need any explanation anymore.

I knew what happened.

I, Hwang Ji Young, the most wanted girl in this city, had lost my boyfriend terribly. I, Hwang Ji Young, should accept the truth that my beloved Oppa had turned gay because of a pretty boy.

I inhaled deeply and, ignoring the shocked Eun Myuk outside, exclaimed as loud as my voice could do.

“KIM HEECHUL, I HATE YOU!!!”

 

Ahn Junghwa

“Unnie, let’s playing The House!”

“Not now, Junghwa, I’m watching tv.” Answered my unnie without even looking at me. I took a glance to the tv screen and pouted. It was a record of that drama starring Heechul-oppa again.

“How many times you want to watch it? You promise umma and appa to play with me today!” I protested.

“Ssst.” She put her finger on her lips. “Just an hour. We can play anything after that.”

I threw my doll to her, but she didn’t even pay attention.

Sulking, I ran outside and swung myself on an old swing in the garden.

Appa made this swing when I was born, and I’d passed so many times crying or laughing here after that.

With umma and appa away dealt with their business, the only one who left for accompanying me was my only unnie. She was nice-sweet unnie before she knew the guy named Kim Heechul.

I didn’t like him, since unnie didn’t want to play with me again whenever his face was on the tv screen.

Ah… I missed the time when we made some cookies and destroyed the kitchen, and then hastily fixed the mess before umma and appa back from their work. I missed the time when she read me a bedtime story, or told me about what happened on her school, about her hilarious friends, her teachers, the food on her cafeteria.

She never did it again since the drama was broadcasted. She preferred sitting with a box of popcorn and watched that Heechul acting like he was the coolest guy in the world. My bedtime-story was stolen from me.

I wouldn’t be so irate if she didn’t spend the rest of her time in a day to watch the record of the previous episodes again and again.

She forgot about me, her sister, because of a guy who didn’t even know that she was exist.

“I hate Heechul-oppa.” I mouthed it disappointedly, propped myself on the swing’s chain.

 

-

 

There were so many reasons why people hated Heechul, but there were also more reasons why people preferred loving him than hating him.

One thing we should know before we decided which one we would choose was: Kim Heechul was not an ordinary man. Kim Heechul was a man with an irresistible aura which could make you loves him, adore him, and admire him even on your very first sight.

Now, it’s all up to you.

Did you want to be one of the people who hated him?

Or you preferred falling into the enchanting figure of that pretty boy?

You decided it yourself.

 

-fin-