다섯 - Permission

Deep

After that embarrassing confession he did, we’ve been the hot topic at school. Not only the students, even the teachers talking about me and him. This is so embarrassing, really!

This morning, Luhan introduced me to the girl I saw with him earlier. I swear I wanted to hide my face right when the girl confirmed that her name was Lu Xian, and she’s first grader. Luhan didn’t lie to me, that girl was his real sister. After saying my sorry to him, I treated him for lunch but then it ended up he paid for both of us.

It’s already Thursday now, 4 days away from the school trip and I haven’t got the permission to go from my parents. This thing bothers me so much since I have something in mind to make this trip as our first date. I mean, we can enjoy the beach together, getting all sweet and see stars at night.

“Penny for your thoughts?” his husky voice whispers through my ears. It is then I realize how close his face to mine is.

“Ya! What are you doing?” I quickly shove his face away out of shock which result in him falling from the bench we’re sitting on.

“Oh my god! Luhan, I’m so sorry!” gently, I pull him up and sit him on the bench. I feel so guilty for pushing him that hard, but that’s his fault for shocking me like that.

“Luhan, you okay? Somewhere hurt?” like some e, I rub every inch of his body part just to make sure I didn’t cause any wound on him.

“No, Sunny really, I’m fine.” He holds both my wrist, stopping me in action. “You keep touching me might result in you my name.” that disgusting chuckle comes out of his lips. My eyes widens up once I get what he means. It’s not like that!

“Ya! You ert! It hasn’t even been a week since we go out and you already saying things like that!” I hit his shoulder playfully out of embarrassment. He does nothing to stop me and keeps laughing like a fool.

“I was just kidding, Sunny-ya~” now that disgusting smirk is replaced with his sweet smile, the smile that always succeed to melt me right on the spot. “What were you thinking anyway? You were so deep in thought.

I immediately look down and play with my fingers. “Well, have you heard about the school trip?” he nods his head then turns to me.

“Yeah, it’s on Monday, isn’t it?”

I reply with a mumble before speak, “You will go?”

In the corner of my eyes, I see him slowly shakes his head. “No. You?”

“Well, I want to go so badly but I’m not sure my parents will allow me.”

“Then why do you want to go so badly? I mean, we can go out just the two of us since it will be a week off.” I immediately turn my head at him when I feel his hands clasping mine tightly.

“We can have vacation on our own and have dates. I want to spend more time with you, only you.” He takes my hand to his lap while staring into my eyes softly. His idea isn’t that bad though. He has a point. We will have more quality time, just the two of us and get to know each other better. But then again, the beauty of Jeju beach and the fun of riding a ship have won over me.

“Don’t you think having a date in a beach is more romantic? And we will be able to get on a ship. Feel the wind and everything.” I stare at him with sparkling eyes. I already have a vision of the two of us, having our best time there. Running along the beach barefooted, strolling on the coast side with our hands clasping each other’s, splashing water on each other and go snorkelling. We’ll also be able to see the beautiful starry night sky. The sky will be so bright there unlike here, since the light pollution isn’t that bad in Jeju. Perhaps, we will have our first kiss there.

“I can take you to a nearby beach if you want. We can do whatever you want.” The latter sentence comes out as a whisper. He is so near to my ear that I feel shivers run along my body.

“No! I mean, I’m not ready for that!” I push him a little bit far then checking my surroundings, afraid that someone might see it. As bad as I want to be close to him, I’m not ready for more. Being surrounded with people keeps us on the safe line. Though my mother excitedly allows me to date him, I’m not sure she’ll approve her daughter losing her ity in such a young age.

“I won’t rush you, though.” He puts on a smile and ruffles my hair. “If you want to go that bad, then I have no choice than to go with you.”

“It sounds like I’m pushing you to go with me, you’re not going willingly.” I show him a pout, a sign of my distaste.

“I want to spend more time with you. Since you want to go, then I should go to. I’m sure we’ll have fun wherever we’re having our date.” Now his right arm is lingered around my shoulder.

“How about my parents?”

“I will help you to ask your parents’ permission, don’t worry.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

At first, I thought he was just joking. But then when the school ends that day, he insisted to go to my house.

“No, Sunkyu. For the nth times, I say no.” my mom strictly says with both her arms folded.

“But mom, it will be fun. I’m a highschooler right now and I’m not a kid anymore. I can take care of myself.” I reason out, begging my mom to the content that it takes me to convince her with anything.

“Why are you so stubborn? We’ve talked about this and the answer is still no.”

“Mom! I’ve never asked for something this badly. Please, just let me go this one time. I promise this is the one and only school trip I’ll join.” I show her my best puppy look with almost teary eyes. Come on, mom! Please, pity your little only daughter this one time!

“Sunkyu, you should know that I’m doing this is for your own good. I don’t want to put my daughter in any kind of harm. You don’t know how dangerous travelling with ship is.”

I stand in my ground, head low, having nothing to talk back my mom until I see Luhan stands up and clears his throat.

“I’m sorry for interfering, Mrs. Lee. But I’ll be the one responsible for Sunny.” He says politely just like the good guy he is. I send him a ‘what the hell’ look but he returns it with a ‘don’t worry’ wink.

“You sure know that taking responsible of someone is a serious thing.”

“I know. And I’m willing to do that, for Sunny. I wish you will give her permission because she’s going with me. I’ll watch her closely and make sure of her safety. She will get back home sound and safe.” His genuine smile sometimes deceives me. The smile is too sweet to be true it seems like he’s just putting on a fake smile. Does he really mean what he says?

Few seconds of silence, I start to pray in my mind for my mother to finally let me go this one time. Opposite of my full of concern look, Luhan’s face is so calm with that stupid smile on his face. How could he seem so calm like that? Oh, I forget that it’s only me who’s excited to go to Jeju since he’s just following me.

“Okay, I will let you go then. But remember, this is the only time you’re joining school trip. You got that, young miss?” my mom points a finger at me which I quickly answer her with an excited nod few times. Wow! Pinch me, I’m must be dreaming right now. My mom really allows me to go!!!

“And you, young man. Make sure to take her back home safe and sound like you promise me before.” Now she turns to Luhan and the guy just smiles while saying ‘I promise’.

Now the problem’s solved! We just have to wait for the day to come and enjoy our trip. Oh, I really can’t wait!

I don’t know if it’s just me or Luhan really puts on that sad smile on his face. Doesn’t he feel happy with our upcoming trip? Is he not wanting to go that bad? I’m not a fool to not see that kind of look in his eyes. ‘Maybe, he’s just not that kind of guy who shows his real feeling’ I convince myself. But then, he’s always so blunt and spills whatever he has in mind.

I let out a sigh and shake my head. Everything will be alright, Sunny. Everything will be just fine just like it supposed to.