열한 - Luhan's Mother

Deep

it's been a long time since i updated this story... thanks for waiting and not unsubbing this story ^^ hope u guys still have interest in this story since i'll focus more to write... :) please kindly tell me on the comment below regarding this chapter.. i'll update the next one within a week~ thank you... xoxo <3


That first and last kiss she had with Luhan kept on replaying inside her head. It was as if she could still feel those lips on hers. She touched her lips and closed her eyes. Tears fell down from her eyes again. She didn’t care with people that passing by her as she was walking down the road.

Her silent tears now turned into small sobs. Like a flash back, the talk with Luhan’s mother earlier into her mind, made it even harder for her to hold.

The woman took Sunny to a restaurant where they couldn’t be disturbed, VIP room. Silence lingered the air for a few while until the waitress offered them the menu list. Luhan’s mother was the one ordering food for both Sunny and herself. Sunny seemed not mind with her choice of food.

After the waitress went, now they were focus on each other again.

“You’re Lee Sunkyu, right?” Sunny looked up to meet the elder’s face.

“Ne.” she answered shortly then bowed her head back.

“I’ve told you before.  I’m Luhan’s mother. I’ve just fled up from Beijing only to meet you.” She took a sip of her tea that the waitress earlier had offered as starters.

“It’s such an honour to meet you in person.” Sunny said as polite as she could. She didn’t want to seem like a rude kid in front of this Chinese woman. It wasn’t like she was racist. She was just awed with the woman’s fluent Korean.

Luhan’s mother gave her a smile then put down her teacup back down. “I feel so honoured myself to meet the girl that Luhan always talked whenever we were on the phone.” Her eyes observed the petite body of Sunny up and down. “And yes, I agree with him that you’re one charming girl.”

Sunny didn’t know how to react on her ex mother-in-law to be’s compliment. The tone she was using wasn’t so pleasant. She mumbled a soft thank to appreciate her.

Right then, the foods came. After preparing the food on the table, the waitress went again.

“Please, enjoy the meal.” The woman said. Sunny used her right hand to hold the chopsticks gently. Both ladies then ate in silence. Sunny couldn’t say that it was a peaceful kind of silence. Even thought Luhan’s mother had asked her to enjoy the meal, she just couldn’t enjoy her food. Sure, the food tasted great. It was just the feeling it brought and the air around her weren’t that comfortable for her liking.

The waitress went out of the room with the last empty plate. Now the two were the only persons inside the cubical room. The elder’s eyes were boring into the younger’s figure whom had her head down, while fidgeting her fingers out of nervous.

After some minutes of silence, finally the older woman broke the ice.

“Sunny, how’s your live been in the last two months?” Sunny lifted her face to stare into the older woman’s. Sunny was hesitating to give an answer. She didn’t know how to answer that simple question. The last two months. The first was so gleeful and bright like thousands of neon lights shining in her heart, when the latest one month, her life had been put in hell. Down in the deepest end of hell. She was in joy, yet another month passed with tears and sorrow. Which one should she give as an answer?

“Miserable.” She chose the word to describe the latest month she’d been through. Luhan’s mother took a sip of her tea.

“Meeting my son, was it miserable to you?” now, she didn’t expect the woman to say that. She gulped down a lump in .

“Meeting him was the best thing ever happened in my life. But if I knew it’d led into something awful like this, I wish I’ve never met him back then.”

The woman put down her teacup back on the table. “However, I agree. I shouldn’t have let my son move to Korea and met you. I should’ve just sent him to another school just so he won’t attend the same school with you.” She could now see the woman’s trembling lips. Her eyes were shaking and getting teary. “And the worst part, I just let my son to go on that stupid ship trip! He was never fond of getting on ships. But he begged me. HE BEGGED ME just so he could accompany you!” she screamed those words as the tears started to fall freely, down from her eyes, cheeks, to her chin.

Just now, Sunny’s already wounded heart was getting screwed and cut into pieces. She couldn’t describe the pain she was feeling. She had been blaming herself all this while. When her mother and her friends finally made her guilt hide behind the hills, this woman just brought that feeling out again, raining her like millions of knife.

‘This is your fault, he’s dead because of you. You are the cause of his death.’

Those whispers were back. Suddenly her chest felt full, made her hard to take a breath.

“It’s all because of you I lose my one and only son! It’s all your fault! Your fault!” she used a finger to point at Sunny with ragging anger. Sunny didn’t care with the woman anymore. She only could hear her words, ringing continuously inside her head.

“i… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’M SORRY…” she kept on mumbling those words between her sobs that soon turned into cries. Loud and heart wrenching cries.