열두 - My Heart is Sinking Down

Deep

Time passes by so fast. Unconsciously, I fell asleep on Luhan’s shoulder last night and realize that we’re still outside. The sky is now bright. The morning sun says hello warmly.

“What is this?” I squeal when I feel the ship shakes. My coffee can rolls to the edge. The ship isn’t balance.

Luhan seems to feel the same. He quickly stands up and helps me to stand on my two feet. “I think we should just go back to our cabin then.” He holds my hand tight and leads me to the cabin’s corridor. Before we reach our cabin, we see the captain with some crew getting on a small boat.  I halt my steps to get a better view of the men.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan realizes my sudden stop and turns at me. I gesture with my head towards the men that are rustling to get on the boat.

“What are they doing? Isn’t that the captain? Why is he leaving the ship?” Luhan shakes his head, showing his oblivion to this. As we think of the answer, I can feel the ship is getting more to the left side.

“Ahh!” I get a tight grip on Luhan’s arm. He holds me tightly with her eyes opened widely. I think he’s already got the answer.

“This ship is sinking! The captain and the crew are saving their lives!” he points out loud enough for me to hear between the harsh wind. Suddenly a fear strikes me. I can’t swim. I’m scared with the thought of being drowned in cold water, in the middle of the sea as wide as this. “We should inform the others about this!” he pulls my hand to get to our cabin and tell the others to hurriedly get out of the ship before it sinks. I hold his movement again. With shaky lips out of fear, I speak out.

“I’m scared, Luhan… I don’t want to go there.” My lips are trembling, so with my words. His eyebrows relaxed a bit and he looks around, I don’t know what for. He then pulls me to a nearby small boat and places me in it.

“Just wait here. I will go back to the cabins and tell the other to evacuate soon.” His eyes are searching mine and I can see pure worry in those orbs. Thought so, I don’t want to let go of his hand. I don’t want him to go back inside. It’s dangerous. I tighten my grip around his hand, as a silent plead for him not to go.

“Sunny… I need to go there. There’re lots of lives we should save.”

“B..But it’s dangerous. I don’t want you to go back inside. It’s dangerous, Luhan.”

He then caresses my face with his delicate fingers and tucks some strands of my hair behind my ear. “I will be back, Sunny. Don’t worry. I will come again here for you, with our friends and teachers. Trust me okay?”

I shake my head no. I feel like a grumpy little kid but I really don’t want him to leave me alone here.

“You need to let me go. Just for a while, I promise. I’ll be back to you.” His smile, his generous and angelic smile finally gets my hands to unwillingly let go of his. Just then, he runs back into the cabins section. I wait outside, holding onto the side of the small white boat, hoping that everyone will make it on time before the ship sinks, especially Luhan.

Twenty minutes pass by since Luhan got into that door. He hasn’t come out, neither anyone he said he wanted to rescue. I tap my fingers on the boat impatiently. I should come to him and see what’s stopping him. The boat is now more to the left. It almost reaches 45 degrees by now. Right then, the only thing I can do is just pray. Pray to the Lord to safe everyone in there, including him.

After few more minutes, I see the door being pushed. With a hopeful glint, I see people one by one going out of the door. I notice some familiar faces. I see Taeyeon.. and then Baekhyun. And my teacher… and finally, I saw him. I really want to praise the Lord and jump in glee. He is running to me and I jump off my boat, hug him real tight.

“I told you I’ll be back, didn’t I?” this silly guy, never fails to make me smile even though we’re in a kind of disaster.

“Don’t do that again. You make me worried.” I sob silently and hug him tighter.

“Ahh.. wait.” He pulls away from the hug with panic face. “What’s wrong?”

“I left something in my cabin.” He smacks his forehead. “Wait here, okay? I’ll be just a while.”

Before I can say no or get a grab of his hand, he runs back into the door, which now is already less crowded. What is he doing?! I really want to go to him and hit his head hard.

the ship is getting more to the side and almost sinking. I’m this close with the water. I am now inside the small boat with some of the survivor. They told me that not everyone can be saved since the people from the lower deck aren’t getting the info and being told to stay in their cabin. My chest feels suffocated. The worrisome for Luhan strikes me again. He hasn’t been out for a while now and the door he entered earlier is almost drowned in water. What if he couldn’t make it out on time? What if he was told to stay inside by the crew? What if…? What if..? I don’t want to make any what if anymore as the conditional is getting scarier.

I can’t stand this anymore. With all my courage, I get off of the small boat and aiming to the door. Just then I feel some things restraining me, which I find are hands.

“What do you think you’re doing?! Stay here! It’s dangerous! The ship is sinking!” I know it! I want to take my boyfriend out of the dangerous zone so don’t hold me!

“My boyfriend is in there! I need to look for him!” I struggle out of the hold but there’re more hands holding me.

“No, miss! Stay here! Don’t risk your own self. You won’t make it on time!” another scolds I get for trying to safe my own boyfriend.

“Let me go! I beg you, please! My boyfriend is in there!” my soft cry turns to be more of a frustrated one. I move all my limbs, trying to free myself just so I can run out there to safe Luhan. All my attempts seem failed when all the hands strain me down to the boat.

My cry is getting louder when I notice that my small boat is already floating on water now. It means the ship is already sunk. Oh my god. Luhan! Luhan!

“Nooo!!! Luhaaaaan! I need to safe him! It’s not too late! I need to safe him!” I yell out loudly, hoping that these ego centric people will let me go. Don’t they have heart? How could they let someone getting drowned inside a sinking boat? I really want to jump off of my boat now and smash the window, get inside to take Luhan out of there.

“Pleasee! I’m begging you… please~ let me go… “ my cry gets soften as my body feels weaker. The sun is already shining right on my head. I look around and notice that I’m not the only one who’s crying and grieving. All mourn and wail only bring more anxiety to my already feared soul. I’m still looking at the sinking ship, waiting for that certain someone to pop out of the water, calling my name. I would gladly jump into the water to safe him. But after minutes and hours pass by, I don’t see anything. Just water… and waves. Where are you Luhan? Where are you? You promised me you’ll be back! You promised me you will never leave me! Then why are you not coming back??

I want the answer to those questions, and not from anyone but him. I want to hear his voice answering all my questions. I want him, I want him.

I let out another soft cry, signalling that my body is getting weaker by all the cries I’ve done and all the drowsiness. Within seconds, my whole system goes blank… with Luhan still in my mind.


i'm late to update again :(( so sorry~ ㅠ.ㅠ i hate to tell you this but this story is coming to an end ^^ it's about one or two more chapters ahead... tell me what you think about this chapter ^^ thank you~~~~ <3<3<3