둘 - First Date

Deep

“Okay, class. Enough for today. I see someone’s getting excited to leave the class.” I pretend not to hear what that teacher says as I keep myself busy with my books, getting them inside my bag. The whole class starts to make sounds except me. Why? Because I’m the one they’re teasing! I decide to ignore them and sit nicely on my desk like I don’t ing care with the world.

“Since I don’t want to keep Sunkyu’s lover waiting out there for long, we end our class here. Don’t forget to do your homework.” With that mischievous smile on his lips, Mr. Kim finally left the class, followed by some students that rushing home. I just can’t get it why that old teacher loves to tease students. Isn’t he aware of his age? He should look mature and wise in his fifties, not being mischievous like twenties or teenagers.

“Well, seems like I need to ride a bus by self, again.” my seatmate, Taeyeon says while keeping her eyes on the book. She stands up before turning her head at me, throwing me a teasing stare.

“Oh, come on! Not you too! It’s enough being teased by Mr. Kim and the whole class. I don’t need you to make it worse.” I face-palm myself and let out a groan. “This time you better not running away and leave me alone while I’m dealing with him.”

“Well, I don’t want to be a third-wheel so I better leave you two alone.” She puts on that smirk which I swear to brush it off of her face soon.

“You know I don’t like him.” I scoff loudly, don’t really care if he can hear me.

“Ya! Don’t be like that! He may hear you, you stupid-!” Taeyeon lands a smack on my back head, making me groan as the result.

“I don’t care. Let’s just go home.” I pull Taeyeon’s hand and drag her out of the class. As soon as I step my leg in the corridor, I notice the presence of that boy, leaning on the wall, obviously waiting for me. He turns his head and smiles right after he sees me. It’s a lie if I say his smile isn’t charming. I stop on my track as he walks towards me.

“Hi!” he crispily greets me and Taeyeon. Taeyeon gives him a reply while I just throw him a smile.

“Well, then. I shall go first. My mom is already waiting in the car. Bye!” I can’t stop Taeyeon from going because she’s so damn fast. That girl, I know she’s lying! She will get it tomorrow, I swear!

“Should we go too?” I turn to him and reply with a nod. We start to walk out of the school building.

“How was your class?” he finally breaks the ice after 10 minutes of silent walking.

“Fine.” I answer shortly, keeping my eyes up front.

“Well, mine wasn’t bad too.” He states. I really don’t want to know about his class but since I don’t want to look like an impolite little brat, I decide to hear him out.

“The whole class was teasing me all day for being close with you. But since it’s been happening for a week already, so I don’t really mind it.” He shrugs and lets out a chuckle though I don’t find a funny thing in it.

“Well, don’t you feel annoyed with that?” as I do?

“No. Why should I?” he then stares at me with a brow lifted. “Do you find me annoying?”

My brain processes to tell my mouth to say ‘yes’ but the word won’t come out.

“It’s not like that. Just… why are you doing all these?” now that sounds not too bad.

“I told you, I like you. I will never stop.” He halts his step which I do the same. He turns my body to face him and grabs my right hand. “I’ve promised to protect you since that day, and Luhan is not someone who breaks promises he makes.” His usual sweet stare now turns to be a serious one. To say that I’m not dominated by his stare is a big lie.

That day was still fresh in my memory. The day when I survived from death of being crashed by a speeding truck. That time, I thought my life would end right there. All my past memories flashed in my head which I regretted for doing so much bad things. But then a pair of hands crushed my bad dream away. Right on time, he pulled me out of the dangerous path. He hugged me, the warmest hug I’ve ever felt. To found out that my saviour was a stranger, it was a bit awkward when he asked to walk me home. To my surprise, the next day I found out that he was a new student in my school. We’re on the same grade but different class. He was transferred from China. He’s Chinese, obviously. And his name was Luhan. The thing I remember after the crash was his soothing voice, “I promise I will always protect you from now on.” Hearing those words from a stranger would make you freak, right?

“I’m sorry, Luhan. But I –“

“Hush. Don’t say anything. Just let me show my one sided love to you like this. I don’t want any rejection, got it?” he ruffles my hair before continues to walk, my hand in his. He’s back to his usual self, a carefree and gleeful Luhan. I feel a pinch of guilt. He’s such a nice guy. Why would he waste his time on me who’s not sure to return his feelings?

“Do you want to have dinner first?” he asks me again, waiting for my reply. I turn my head to him and cannot take my eyes off of him. Why oh why. After 7 days of knowing him, it’s just now I realize that he’s so damn good looking. His lean feature, his twinkling orbs, his cute nose, and those lips. Oh my… he’s such a masterpiece of God.

“Sunny?” his call wakes me up from my daydream. Oh what was I thinking just now?!

“Y-yeah?” I can help but stutter on my word. He grins softly and drags me to a nearby fast food restaurant.

I don’t know how I can get myself here, sitting in front of Luhan in a restaurant. He treats me dinner which I’m glad of having some since I haven’t eaten anything this morning. I guess it’s not bad to be friendly with him. He does no harm. Actually, he cares. Open myself a little won’t hurt, right?

As soon as the foods reach our table, I can’t wait any longer to devour on them. “Jal meokgesseubnida!” I beam right before I start to take a bite. I don’t care with people stare when I’m eating. Food gives me pleasure and I can’t live without it.

“Ya, you’re not eating?” I ask him which I’ve observed have been staying like that, watching me without touching his plate.

“No, don’t mind me. I just enjoy the show.” He chuckles and makes me blush. He has been watching me eating like a hungry monster.

“Sorry.” I mutter and look down, hesitating to grab another piece of chicken.

“Just eat some more. You must be very hungry.” He puts another piece of chicken on my plate.

“Then you should eat too. I don’t want to eat them alone.” I put a piece on his plate.

“Alright, alright. I’ll eat with you.” He starts to take a bite. A smile formed on my face before I process to have another piece.

“Wait.” I stop myself and stare at him only to feel his thumb on the corner of my lips. I turn speechless with his action. “Eat slowly. Your stomach will get hurt.”

I gulp down the food that was half way on my throat. He continues to eat without breaking eye contact with me. That day I do realize that I’ve shown him my true self, the dorky and naïve Sunny.


here's the 2nd chapter ^0^ i'm so sorry it takes a while for me to write ㅠ.ㅠ i really appreciate all the coments and the subscribers! :D I'm glad that some awesome people subscribed to my story!! :* i really want to reply each of the comments but i dont know what to write, so I'm deeply sorry :(( i love reading your comments so i know how to make this fic better :D i hope you dont find this fic boring since i'm not really good in writing :3 i'll try to update sooner and get a poster ^o^

~슈퍼 선~