하나 - He's Gone

Deep

Rain was still pouring down heavily that evening, seeping into every corner of Seoul city. The girl peeked through the glass window, observing every single droplet fell to the asphalt. The sky was in deep grey with thunder blasting here and there. The street that used to be crowded and filled with cars and pedestrians passing by, today was oddly empty and deserted. It had been days since people chose to stay at home, stand by in front of their tv to see the latest news of the sinking ferry. It was already 10 days since the accident happened.

the petite girl just did the same like the others. She'd been staying in the very same place for days now. Her eyes never left the tv or peeked a glance at the phone once in a while, waiting for the device to ring. Her eyes were puffy and red for she'd been crying nonstop day and night. Her hair was a mess and her face was getting pale. Her cheeks. were getting thinner day by day. Her body got even thinner like bones covered with skin. It was a wonder that she could lose lots of weight in 10 days.

It wasn't like she hadn't try anything she could do. She'd stayed in the port for 3 days after the accident, waiting for the news of him. Since the authority didn't allow her to help with the search, she had to wait and wait, day and night without rest.

Ever since , she's prayed and prayed every single day. She wasn't a virtuous Christian but this time, she really needed God's help. She was desperately begging for a miracle to happen though it was impossible and made her hopeless, just like now.

A middle aged woman entered the room and practically let out a sigh, seeing the meal she'd prepared this morning was remained untouched.

"Sunny, why don't you eat your meal?" she asked her beloved daughter, Sunny. Yes, Sunny. That was a pretty name describing her bright personality. The name that seemed really fit her for she was a girl that always brought happiness. But now seemed like the name didn't resemble her anymore since the girl was no longer bright and cheerful.

The girl stayed still to no avail, didn't give any response or showed any expression. Her mother sadly stared at her daughter. She couldn't just stay and let her daughter lived in sorrow. She wanted to get her daughter back to normal, just like before the terrifying accident happened.

She picked up the bowl in her hand and walked up to her daughter. "Come on. Open up your mouth. You need to eat." She offered a spoonful to feed her daughter which was ignored. "Come on, just a little bit. You might get sick." Her mother asked her again, getting the spoon closer to her lips. Instead of opening , droplets started to flow from her eyes. It was a wonder how she could managed to cry again and again and didn't run out of tears.

"I know you're sad, but you still have to take care of yourself." Her mother let out a long sigh. She vowed that she would do anything to get her daughter's old self back.

"I don't want to eat." for the first time of the day, Sunny spoke. Her voice was hoarse for crying and screaming every time she closed her eyes because the flash view of the accident always popped up in her head and made her guilt swallowed her even deeper.

"Please eat, Sunny. I'm begging you, just eat! You're torturing me inside! Just stop being so selfish and make this mother of yours getting rid of her worry!" her mother started to yell, she couldn't take it anymore to see her daughter that seemed like she didn't give a of her own self. With tears stained face, she started to sob. It really hurt her to see her daughter losing passion to live, like someone who lost her mind. She still couldn't get it why Sunny always blame herself for the accident for all she knew that her daughter was innocent.

Seeing her mother crying because of her, Sunny wanted so badly to calm her mother down and ask forgiveness. But she couldn't with her state now. The silent atmosphere was broken when the tv started to broadcast the news of the sinking ferry.

"Another 7 victims had been found. With this new addition, the total of death victim reached 181 while another 121 persons were still missing. The local and international SAR teams with the professional divers are still trying to get the victims out of thr ferry though the possibility to find more survival is near zero. This accident however has been the worst maritime accident for the last 2 decade. The government and people all over the nation are mourning over this accident occured to the tourists and high school students. We really hope all the missing victims could be found soon."

After holding her breath for seemed like minutes, Sunny started to cry again. Heart-wrenching groans and whimpers were getting louder. She was crying for thr nth times that day. Her scream was so painful and deeply in sorrow.

Seeing her daughter's cry, her mother quickly got the phone and pressed the speed dial button. After few rings, the person on the other line answered.

"How is it?" Sunny muffled her sobs for a while, waiting for the answer of her mother's question to someone far. Dhe wished, she desperately wished one of the found victims was him though her most awaited news was to find the man alive.

She watched her mother's expression, observing every single wrinkle formed on her face. Her mother's face wasn't showing any change. No expression of sadness, or a happy one. She was just mumbling quietly for few times before putting the phone back and stared at her daughter with the same look. In that very second when Sunny's eyes met her mothers, she knew that he wasn't one of those 7 victims. Luhan was still missing.

 

 

 

This is the first chapter... havent edited yet but enjoy! :D