셋 - Jealousy

Deep

It’s been days since I got myself used with Luhan’s presence every lunch time and having him walk me home. After knowing him for a while now, he’s not that bad. Actually he’s a great company. He’s not that talkative but he’s a sweet guy. It’s not a crime to confess that actually I have this tiny little crush on him for a while now. I haven’t told anybody about this crush I have, not even Taeyeon knows. Speaking of which, I hear her voice calling me.

“Ya! Do you even get what I’m saying just now?” she squeals loudly with her ajhumma voice which thankfully getting my attention back on her. Here we are now, having our lunch in the cafeteria with her babbling about school trip.

“Of course. You’ve been talking nonstop about it since this morning.” I shrug her off and get a bite of my ham sandwich. There’s still another one inside my lunchbox since I prepared 2 sandwiches this morning. Luhan always wants my sandwich and since I don’t like sharing, I serve one for him. Unfortunately, he’s nowhere to be found. I haven’t seen him since the class start neither has he came up to pick me for lunch. Needless to say that I’m dying to know where he is and what he’s doing right now. I’m starting to worry about him. Is he sick? Or maybe he’s in detention?

“I just can’t stop, Sun. I mean, I’ve been waiting for this school trip since our first year. I’ve never been there before and it excites me so much!” I can see sparks in her eyes burning like some fire in a fireplace. “You’ll come too, right?”

Well, I’m as excited as she is actually. I really want to go to Jeju Island. Even it’s not going to be my first time having a trip to Jeju, it has its own fun to go with schoolmates than with my parents. Still, I’m not sure my parents will let me go.

“I don’t know. You know my parents never allow me to attend school trip since I was in elementary.” I let out a disappointed sigh. “But maybe I just can try to coax them so they will let me go this one time. I really want to go.”

“Uhh, don’t be upset, girl. You still have a week to fight for that.” Right after, she leans closer to me. “By the way, where is your boyfriend? I haven’t seen him since this morning.” Taeyeon asks with both teasing and confused look in her eyes. I just shrug out, not really aware of the word ‘boyfriend’ she uses, referring to Luhan.

“I don’t know. I guess finally I have my first peaceful lunch.” I try to seem happy and content with the absence of Luhan though my heart feels otherwise.

“I guess that explains why you have another sandwich in your lunchbox.” Oh she sees my sandwich?

“I… I’m so hungry lately. You know I love to eat.”

“Sure, I know it. Don’t miss the fact that I know it when you’re lying.” Oops, guess I get that slip off of my head. I hate it when Taeyeon knows it I’m telling a lie. It’s either I’m too easy to read or she’s just that great in reading people. “Tell me, Sunny. You secretly have a crush on him, right?”

I’m debating inside my head whether to tell her the truth or not to. With a heave, finally I make up my mind to tell her with a small nod. She already knows it anyway.

“Why don’t you admit it earlier? You know I can always help you to get it on with him.” she pouts and me though I know she’s biting a smile.

“I’m sorry. I’m not quite sure with this feeling. I guess I just find him cute and caring, he cares about me and all his actions make me realize that maybe he sta—“ I trail off when I find Taeyeon’s eyesight is not on me anymore, rather through me, with open widely.

“What are you look—“

“He’s there.” She whispers without spare me a glance. Getting curiosity eating me up, I turn my head to see the thing that makes Taeyeon that speechless. My heart clenches at the sight of him, but not in glee since he’s sitting and eating with a girl. They share foods and laughs together. It seems like Luhan doesn’t even notice my presence.

“What the hell is he doing right there with that ?!” Taeyeon scoffs, clearly feels annoyed with the show before her eyes.

“Maybe she’s just a friend of his.” I turn my head back, trying to swallow the rest of the food down to my stomach though I find it hard.

“Doesn’t he notice you here? What the ! Forget him, Sunny! I’ll never allow him to get around you anymore!”

I hang my head low down and try to convince myself not to cry over this. But hell, it feels so damn hurt. I was just about to accept him but then he has to show up with this.

I guess my eyes betray my brain. When I’m convincing myself not to cry, my vision gets blurry and slowly, tears falling from the corner of my eyes.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Move.” I say coldly to the guy in front of me while glancing over my surroundings.

“No. I won’t move until you tell me what’s wrong.” Oh god, is he trying to get me blown or something?!

I stay still for seconds then try to pass him from his left but he’s fast enough to get a hold of my arm.

“Let go!” I slap his hand away from mine, harshly. Really, he’s getting on my nerves. I should’ve went home with Taeyeon and accepted her offer to get the bus with her. Well, that was before I knew that Luhan would catch me up. I thought he was busy with his so-called lover.

“If it’s because I didn’t have lunch with you, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I was busy with some things I had to handle.” He reasons out which I find it funny. Yep, he must be busy handling that girl.

“Sure. I could see you were busy with her earlier.” Without noticing it, I spill it the thing that has been bothering myself, right to the person himself. Ugh! Stupid Sunny! I quickly dodge him and leave him there, walking as fast as I can with my face as red as Mr. Krab’s skin.

“Sunny, wait!” right after I hear his voice calling me, I feel a pair of hands circling my body from behind. I stop on my track, stiffed. “If you’re talking about the girl with me at lunch, she’s Xian.” I try to free myself from his embrace which I find it difficult since he makes it even tighter than before. I really don’t want to hear about his new girlfriend. “She’s my younger sister.”

Ha! Is he trying to fool me?! No way that that girl is his sister! What siblings show that kind of affection in public?!

“I don’t care.”

“What?!” I’m sure my recent words have made him shock. I feel his arms loosen up slowly.

“I don’t care if you choose to make it seems like you’re committing or anything. I. don’t. ing. care.” When he completely untangles my body from his limbs, I take my leave and walk in a lightning speed. People are watching me with judging look, I don’t really care at the moment even if my face looks awful. I just want to be at home soon.

I thought I could finally find peace once I’m at home, but I forget that Luhan knows where my house is. It’s about fifteen minutes after I arrived home, he comes to my door.

“Sunkyu, you have a visitor. Hurry go downstairs. He’s waiting.” My mom calls me from the doorframe. I quickly wipe my tears before facing my mom.

“I’m not feeling well. Just… ask him to leave.” I don’t hear my mom says anything else but I can feel her coming closer.

“I have nothing to do with your relationship, but your boyfriend is here to explain and apologize. You better go down there and fix the problem with him, hmm?” she rubs my shoulder softly and leave me arching my brow.

“He’s not my boyfriend!”

“You don’t have to hide it from me anymore. He told me everything. And since he has asked my permission, I have no objection against your relationship.” What?! Luhan just what?! He’s not asking my mother’s permission! We’re not dating in the first place!

“No, mom! Look! You misunderstand everything! I’m not—“

“it’s either you going down there or he’s going up here.” I let out a groan before stomping my feet out of my own room.

“Sunny.” He stands up from the couch when he notices me. I keep my straight face and walk closer to him.

“Why are you here?”

“To explain everything.”

“Good then. Now explain, why did you tell my mom that you’re my boyfriend?”

“Not about that one. But about the thing at lunch.” I snicker at him and send him a glare.

“I told you, I don’t care about your sick relationship.”

“Then why are you so mad at me?” that line gets me awestruck. What should I tell him? of course I will not tell him that I’m actually jealous.

“it’s just—you’re annoying! Ugh! You really get on my nerves!”

“You shouldn’t feel like that if you don’t care. Or maybe, you’re jealous?” he cockily lifts an eyebrow while eyeing me with that teasing look.

“Hell no! I’m not jealous of you! You can just go eat with any other girl in this world, or even the teachers, I don’t care! Stupid manwhore! I’d prepared one sandwich for you since you always asked mine but you went eating with her! So off! I don’t care with you anymore!” I control my breath once I’m done with my outburst. I can’t control it anymore. He’s just so annoying!

“You prepared me sandwich?” oh god! Did I just say that?!

“I didn’t—what I mean is—“

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know. if I knew you got me a sandwich, I would have ditch my own sister to have lunch with you.” I feel somekind of warmness on my right hand. He’s holding my hand which I have no power to slap him away.

“Listen, Sun. I know you like me too. So why don’t we just get things official between us?”

“Now you’re confessing to me after I find you with a girl. Are you kidding me?”

“No! I’m not kidding! Trust me, you’re the only girl I’ve ever loved this way. I’m even willing to shout out to the world that you’re the only girl I love.” I can feel my face getting hotter right now. What should I do? Where is my mom?!

“Prove me!” those words shock both Luhan and myself. I quickly get a hold of myself. “Prove me all your words then I’ll consider being your girlfriend.”