열세 - a glint of hope

Deep

forgive me for not updating for almost half a yeaaar~ something went wrong with my laptop and i can't access the internet. now here's the thirteen chapter, also the final chapter! thank you for subbing and upvotting, i love you guys reallyyyy ^o^ lots of love for you guys <3<3<3 to appreciate all this story's subbies, i've prepared an unpredictable epilogue :D

the epilogue will be posted asap ^^

bgm: Luhan - Our Tomorrow


Since the day she met Luhan’s mother, she was back to be the mourning Sunny. She didn’t tell anyone about her meeting with that woman around one week ago. She kept everything inside. She didn’t want anyone to blame her too.

At the same time, Sunny’s mother was having another hard time, knowing that her beloved daughter had back to her misery. Sunny barely slept, ate, and drank. Her body was weaker than ever. Sure, she was also sad with the news. She understood why Sunny was mourning over Luhan to this extent. But she was also relieved that Luhan had kept his promise to take care of Sunny until the very end.

Didn’t want to see her daughter in more despair, she had called Taeyeon over. Of course, Taeyeon wasn’t alone. She took her boyfriend, Baekhyun, along, who was also Luhan’s friend. She hoped the kids could convince Sunny to come back to school and being the old cheerful Sunny.

“Here, I have some spicy toppoki. Let’s eat them together!” Taeyeon opened the toppoki box. Sunny spared a glance at the food. That was her favourite food. It’d been long since the last time she ate one. When was it? Oh, when she skipped classes with Luhan two days before the trip. They changed their uniforms and went to eat toppoki. Luhan.

“He told me you like spicy toppoki, so we … “ Baekhyun stopped talking realizing what he had just said. With wide eyes, he looked at Taeyeon apologetically. The girl just rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Sunny.

“Do you want to eat anything else? Your mother said you haven’t eaten anything since yesterday.” She tried to talk as casual as possible. Sure, she was worried as hell but she coated it so it seemed like they were talking about the weather.

Sunny answered her with a headshake, left and right. “Just go home. I won’t eat if Luhan doesn’t eat.” She answered with her hoarse voice. Taeyeon held the urge to cry. She really wanted to say it loud to her best friend that the person wasn’t coming back. Not now, or anytime in the future.

Without Taeyeon telling her that, Sunny herself knew that it was impossible for Luhan to come back. It’d been almost two months already and what human being could breathe under the water for that long?

She was just trying to fight the reality. Everything felt like a dream, the worst nightmare she ever had. She just wanted Luhan to wake her up and hug her, telling that everything was finally over.

“Sunny… you have to move on with life. Luhan will be sad to see you moping like this. He wants you to be happy I’m sure.” That was Taeyeon’s last try. She didn’t know what to say anymore. She couldn’t think of any other way to convince Sunny to stop mourning.

“He should’ve known better than leaving me like this if he wants me to be happy.” What should Taeyeon say more to that? She was there and witnessed how Luhan ran back into the sinking ferry, not minding Sunny’s begging cries. She knew that it wasn’t Sunny’s fault at all. She silently blamed Luhan for this. He shouldn’t have run back into the ferry! That stupid guy!

Silence filled the air for the next few minutes. Only the sound of the TV reporting about a corrupt mayor echoed in the background. Even the news channel has moved on from the tragedy.

After seemed like fifteen minutes, a knock on the door broke the silence. No one was expecting anyone to come, except Sunny of course. But her awaited person wouldn’t come. She knew that. So who was that knocking on her door?

Her mother reached the door to see who the guess was. She slowly turned the knob and opened it, revealing a man with black hair before the door.

Her mother was beyond curious on the cause of the man’s coming. Putting her curios glance aside, the man walked into the house to the pale girl sitting on the sofa.

Sunny looked up at the man, blinking her eyes every now and then, anxious for the man to say a word.

Instead, the man took something from his backpack. Wordlessly he put it neatly on the table in front of Sunny. To everyone’s surprise, right after she saw the thing in front of her eyes, she instantly cried. Louder than ever. She screamed her lungs out with the previously dried trance of tears being wet again. Except the man, everyone in the room looked at the thing on the table with questioning eyes. A half pair of soccer shoes.