Spotted

Love is Sin [HIATUS]

Rain was pouring from the dark grey sky. Ju Ree stood under her pink umbrella, standing on the sidewalk, waiting for the crosswalk to turn green. She was on her way to the grocery store to stock the kitchen. It's been a while since they last went out to buy things. It took her everything in her might to stop Lu Han from going with her. She told him he couldn't possibly tail her everywhere, if she had to remember every store that had these "demon alarms" she would do so. Ju Ree didn't wanted to be smothered by him. She had to learn how to be by herself in the human world. Plus, she needed time away from Lu Han. They were always together recently, it wasn't good for that to happen. 

Ju Ree avoided meeting anyone's eyes and tried to be normal as possible. She even tried to conceal her dark aura, a tip from Lu Han himself amongst many others, that made Lu Han and the rest of the angels spot her. 

She soon reached her destination and grabbed a cart. Ju Ree read the items on the list she wrote or she thought she wrote: cereal, banana milk, regular milk, cookies, chips, rice crackers, ice cream, no vegetables, no fruits except apples or strawberries, and some Nutella.

Ju Ree sighed in frustration,"I don't live with a grown man, I live with a child."

An old lady who was walking next to her smiled,"Your husband?"

Ju Ree jumped a little bit because of the old woman and shook her head with a flustered look,"N-No! He's NOT my husband, ma'am. He's just...a roomate." 

The old woman's eyes twinkled,"Just a roomate? You sound a bit disappointed." she giggled. 

Ju Ree cleared ,"I-I'm not! I think you've mistaken it as pure annoyance! If you've seen how he acts, you'd get annoyed too!"

"I highly doubt that. He sounds like fun. You must enjoy his company to tolerate all this...annoyance you feel, right? Or am I wrong, which I also highly doubt, dear. I'm old, but I know a thing or two about love." the woman smiled,"Come walk with me around the market, it's more fun with someone to talk to." 

 

The two women started to chat and instantly clicked. The old woman's name was Lee Han Bi. She lived with her husband in their old coffee shop.  Mrs. Lee explained she knew exactly how Ju Ree felt.

"You should've seen my husband and I before we started dating! He was running his father's coffee shop and I was looking for work and ended up at his shop. We were like cats and dogs! Total opposites!" Mrs. Lee clicked her tongue.

"How did you guys manage to get together? How'd you guys last so long in marriage?! I'd go crazy." Ju Ree snorted as she pushed her cart forward. Mrs. Lee was walking beside Ju Ree with a market basket at her side.

Mrs. Lee laughed,"Oh, but that made it even more fun and exciting! Don't you think? Just because we're opposites, doesn't mean we can't get along all the time. My husband is the perfect man for me. He's the only one that can put up with me, in fact. In the 59 years we were married, I never regretted a single memory, argument, or just about anything that happened within those years...he's my soulmate. My other half. I can't live without him!" 

Ju Ree watched Mrs. Lee study the apples, before grabbing a few and placing them in a bag. She held them out to Ju Ree,"Here dear, these are fresh and good! You should also get some strawberries, since your roomate loves them too! I'll give you this amazing salad recepie you could make for him!" 

Ju Ree smiled at Mrs. Lee as she grabbed the bag full of apples,"I'm really jealous of you. I wish I could have a relationship like you and your husband." 

"Why not? I think you can." Mrs. Lee patted her shoulder and glanced over the vegetables. Ju Ree followed behind her and sighed,"We're opposites too, but it's different for us. Plus, I don't know if I even feel that way towards him...let alone him feeling that way towards me..."

Mrs. Lee stopped and turned to look at Ju Ree with a serious face,"That's total crap, my dear. Stop making excuses! It doesn't matter if...I don't know....let's say you're an angel or he's a demon, love has no boundaries. It can happen to anyone, between anyone! Love is love. It's a feeling any living being can feel."

Ju Ree froze up at her analogy, even though she was the demon and Lu Han the angel. Mrs. Lee was busy eyeing some tomatoes and didn't seem to know about her. She couldn't have been known. She decided she was being paranoid. Ju Ree bit her lips,"It's still impossible. It'd hurt a lot of people too. Plus, how'd we even get to this topic?"

"To be honest, I don't see how it's anyone's business what goes on between the two of you. If the poeple who'd get hurt really cared about you both, then they should just let you guys be happy! It's your lives, isn't it? And, I don't know, dear. We just went with the flow. Now, do you want some tomatoes? They're on sale!" Mrs. Lee held up a tomato with a smile.

They walked down the snacks aisle next, to get Lu Han some snacks. Mrs. Lee was already done with her shopping, but decided to chat a bit more with Ju Ree.

"So, tell me about this...roomate of yours."

Ju Ree was surprised by her sudden words and Lu Han's face popped up in her mind. "Well...he first seemed tough and intimidating. He was cold and he acted like he didn't care about anything. We really didn't like each other in the beginning but, I was in a situation where I needed help and well...he helped me. I was really confused and scared of him in all honesty." a smile formed on Ju Ree's face,"My views changed when he gave me a place to stay and I felt his kindness. He's a good person with a good heart. He's like...an angel. Though his persona is very demonic sometimes. He's...sweet too. His smile is one of a kind! And his laugh, oh his laugh sounds like a child's Christmas morning! And- sorry, I'm ranting all of a sudden!" Ju Ree blushed and looked down shamefully. She didn't mean to talk about Lu Han that much! Ju Ree mentally smacked herself.

Mrs. Lee stared at her with a soft smile and placed her hand ontop of Ju Ree's. Her aged skin was warm and comforting. "That, my dear, is love. That feeling of happiness and excitement you get at the pit of your stomach...that's what love feels like. It's not a bad feeling, right?"

Ju Ree bit her lips and slowly nodded. Mrs. Lee smiled wider and kept walking down the aisle, pointing out snacks she and her husband enjoyed. Ju Ree watched the elder woman with a sad smile. This wasn't supposed to happen. It can't happen, Mrs. Lee. It just can't.

The two paid and Ju Ree held her groceries in one hand and umbrella in the other. Mrs. Lee and her hugged each other. 

"Dear, remember, to visit me if you need anything! You know where the coffee shop is! Stop by anytime for a chat, I'd love to see you! I love my husband a lot, but not to the point of spending all my time with him. It's great to have other friends." Mrs. Lee mischieviously winked.

Ju Ree nodded,"I will, don't worry. Maybe I can help you and your husband at the shop too, if you don't mind! I'd love to repay you."

"Repay me? For what, dear?" Mrs. Lee asked incredulously. 

"For helping me out today...and being my friend." Ju Ree smiled. "I had a lot of fun."

"Oh, alright! I'm sure my husband would love you! Bring your roomate too! I'd love to meet him too!" Mrs. Lee laughed and walked on home. 

"Walk safely!" Ju Ree called out and Mrs. Lee waved back. Ju Ree smiled to herself and started walking herself. 

 

As she walked home, she regretted not bringing Lu Han along with her. The bags were heavy. Thanks to Lu Han. Ju Ree sighed. The rain wasn't making it any better. Ju Ree crossed the street along with other people. When she reached the middle, she felt a weird feeling in her gut. A very familiar feeling. 

An angel. 

Ju Ree stayed calm and pretened to be a regular, normal human girl. It seemed like the angel didn't notice her presence, but she noticed his and wanted to get away from it. The angel she felt must've been someone she passed on the crosswalk. When she reached the other side, the feeling was still there. So it's someone behind me. Ju Ree concluded and walked quickly as she could. Her heart was thumping rapidly against her chest and she felt scared all of sudden. She instantly thought of Lu Han and the trouble he'd be in if this angel spotted her. Ju Ree just had to get home as fast as she could without being seen.

The angel named Chen, also known as Ramiel, heard something strange. A heartbeat. It was irregular and it beated quite fast, too fast for a normal human heart. His eyes narrowed instantly. 

An angel? he thought. No.. a demon!

He stopped his tracks and looked around. He didn't feel a presence of a demon, but this heartbeat was a sign that there was one. But, where? This demon was smart. It blended in with the crowd. He clicked his tongue in frustration and eyed everybody. 

It's in front of me. But, who? Chen frowned. He hated when he didn't know things. He wanted to find this demon and mess with it. It's been a while since he got to play with a demon. He closed his eyes and listened for that heartbeat. Chen need to focus on it's location. He suddenly  opened his eyes. Found you. 

Chen laid his eyes on the back of a woman. She was a bit far from him and there was a bunch of people walking between them. It would be hard to get to her, but his determination was rising with each step he took. The rain wasn't helping him either. He loved the rain, but not at the moment with a demon right in front of him. 

She's smart and sly. Chen grinned with excitement. He couldn't wait to catch her. 

Ju Ree felt him follow her. He knows. He's still far behind, I can lose him in the crowd. I need to calm down and disappear. Ju Ree thought as she made her way around people. She wasn't that far from home. Ju Ree let go of her umbrella and started to run. She felt the angel behind start running as well. 

Chen tried hard not to push past people, but he needed to get to her soon. She already found out about him chasing her. 

Ju Ree panted and kept running. He was still wasn't close to her yet, he was catching up quick. Ju Ree didn't want to use any spells while she was there, but she didn't have a choice. She needed to literally disappear before she got caught. Ju Ree whispered a spell as she ran. Then, she disappeared amongst the thick crowd. 

Chen stopped running as soon as he didn't hear the hearbeat. Chen gripped his fingers in a fist and growled. Lucky, demon. I'll catch you next time. 

 

Lu Han was lying on the couch, watching tv when Ju Ree suddenly appeared in the middle of the living room. She was drenched to her skin and the groceries fell on the floor, as well as her legs. Ju Ree was shaking, not just from the cold, but from fright. She was so close to being captured. She was close to meeting death. 

"Ju Ree!" Lu Han was at her side instantly and wrapped a blanket around her shivering body. He cupped her cold face and made her look at him,"What happened?"

"A-Angel." Ju Ree whispered. "H-He didn't notice me at first, but I did. He must've heard my heartbeat. I guess I couldn't calm down my heart and he heard it, but couldn't find me since I concealed my presence. He started to follow me once he figured out where I was and I just ran and d-disappeared."

Lu Han's eyes became hard and anger suddenly boiled within him. He also felt fear. What if this angel caught Ju Ree? What would he do? Lu Han sighed and wrapped his arms around Ju Ree, pulling her into a warm embrace,"You're here. You're safe. I promise." 

Ju Ree became stiff the moment she felt Lu Han's arms, but she also felt comfort right away and tears brimmed along her eyes. She hugged Lu Han tightly and cried,"I-I've never felt so scared in my entire life. What if they found out you didn't kill me and let me go? I was afraid you'd get in trouble because of me!" 

Lu han pulled back to stare at Ju Ree's glossy eyes and wiped her falling tears. His eyes softened and he gave her that wonderful smile,"I'll definitely protect you from them. I don't like it when you cry like this. It makes me want to never let you go." 

Ju Ree blinked and felt happiness at the pit of her stomach, just like Mrs. Lee said. Ju Ree blushed and looked away,"T-The groceries. W-We've got to put them away, they're getting the floor wet."

"I'll take care of everything, you go and take a warm bath. I don't want you getting sick." Lu Han helped Ju Ree up and pushed her towards the stairs. 

Ju Ree glanced back at him pick up the bags and run to the kitchen counters. A small smile appeared on her lips and she walked up the stairs.